• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knuckles for Brawl!

The Great Tama

Smash Journeyman
Please just exit the thread. Tails is a crybaby ***. CRYBABY ****IN ***. What the hell would his Final Smash be? Cry for his mommy? I can't believe that gay excuse for a sidekick has fans.
That was kinda unnecessary. Tails and Knuckles are both some gangsta a** fools.

SonicMario

Smash Master
It almost tempts us to leave :/

But it will get better once the full roster is revealed and that Tails and/or Knuckles later announced as an AT. And Sonic as the only playable.

The Great Tama

Smash Journeyman
The three 3rd party reps should end up being Sonic, Snake and Rayman. If a fourth rep is added (which is entirely likely), I'll put Megaman. Well, Rayman and Megaman are interchangeable. Heh, I like both if them.

Wow, off topic, Knuckles for Brawl, I guess.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
i think knuckles would be great playable though. short range. and if rayman gets in which he has more probability than knuckles, much higher. rayman would have a longer range and weak attack rights? kcuknle would have close and strong if im not mistaken right?

The Great Tama

Smash Journeyman
i think knuckles would be great playable though. short range. and if rayman gets in which he has more probability than knuckles, much higher. rayman would have a longer range and weak attack rights? kcuknle would have close and strong if im not mistaken right?
Matter of fact, let me find and bump the Rayman thread. It needs recognition.

spindash

Smash Ace
I have a better set-up of B moves.

Standard Special - Maximum Heat (You can hold B and use this move anywhere, but Knuckles slows down to a walk, when you release B, you unleash a lightning quick barrage of an attack with high knockback?)

Down Special - Spin Charge (same move that Sonic has basically, just potentially slower but stronger due to Knuckles being a powerful character)

Up Special - Screw Uppercut (very similar to a technique used in Sonic Adventure 2 where you rotate in a circle and then attack to drill upwards very fast and very high)...you can still attack after using this as it goes vertically up and there's NO horizontal distance gained.

Side Special - Glide (practically the same as if he were to glide like the other characters, except when he crashes into someone, it hurts them and supplies a medium knockback)

Oh, and nothing else can be his Final Smash but this.

Final Smash - Super Knuckles. Unlike Super Sonic who will freely fly, Super Knuckles will be very fast on the ground, and all of his attacks are increased dramatically. He is near invulnerable and can be countered like Super Sonic can. However, if you decide to use a move like his F-Smash or any other move of his that hits someone rather then running into them, there is FAR more serious knockback then Super Sonic has.

I want him in. Will it happen? You never know.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Knuckles would make a great WTF character. I'd be so shocked if he was playable.

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
has anyone seen this info leak that says knuckles is in by beating classic on hard with sonic? everyone is saying it is fake but they said that about young link mr game and watch and pichu so it kinda gives me hope

Dolla Billz Don't Lie Nygga

Smash Apprentice
Dartmouth College...pymping the 603 straight up
EDIT: He has his fans because of his iconic status. If it wasn't for Shadow, Tails would be the most popular except for Sonic himself. Tails is one place above Knuckles in an official Sonic popularity poll from Sega. results were: 1st Sonic, 2nd Shadow, 3rd Tails, and 4th Knuckles
Officially Sonic popularity polls from Sega are null and void and biased because they fail to target the entire video game community as a whole and rather just the Sonic fanatics. Want to know true fact? It is WIDELY excepted that tthe BEST Sonic game to date is still Sonic 3 & Knuckles. If Tails was so great by himself, why did so many INCLUDING non-Sonic fanatics fall in love with Knuckles? There were even people who trolled the Sonic thread and said that they thought Knuckles was cool. This isn't a matter of trying to emphasis old-school Sonic=fan status, it's a matter of accepting facts and dealing with it.

I highly agree with SonicMario though that a 2nd rep isnt possible
I highly disagree. A 2nd rep is VERY possible. It's not feasible. And it's not really tactical. But it IS possible.

He's one of those "pure of heart" types, which a series as BAMF-ridden as Sonic is nowadays is in dire need of.
That's total crap. How the hell is Sonic BAMF-ridden with characters like Rouge, Amy, Cheese, Cream, and Big in it? You have got to be ****ting me...

The shadow ones are more annoying, but the Knux ones are more numerous. But still, it's a 2 front war for a character that deserves more respect then he is having now. You're only dissing him because of his 4kids voice and his recent roles in the games. He was much more important in Sonic Adventure 2 and prior to.
1. No one on Smashboards even like Shadow.

2.Tails has always been semi-portrayed as a weaker individual. Take the Sonic SatAM cartoon for instance. Tails and Rotor has always been my favorite characters in that show...more of Tails however. And yet there was only ONE friggin episode in which he showed a lick of heroism. Don't make it seem like 4Kids annihilated Tails' reputation. His reputation wasn't too hot to begin with. He was awesome in the classic games. And eve in SA1 he was pretty legit. But mainstream media has always made him look like a biatch. It wasn't until past the first 20 or so issues of the Archie comic series that Tails actually became capable of kicking some *** without Sonic...and even still he always got himself in a situation where he needed rescuing.

3. How was Tails "more important"? Just because he was the first additional character in a Sonic game to ever be playable (ignoring the SegaSonic Arcade with Mighty the Armadillo), doesn't make him more "important". Ever since Sonic 3 there has not been a single canon Sonic game in which Sonic was playable and in which Tails made an appearance (whether playable or just a cameo) in with Knuckles didn't also make an appearance. Therefore, Sonic 3 marked Knuckles as become an equally important additional character to the franchise. Tails only has more appearance and thus he's more popular among true Sonic fans.

No seriously SonicMario don't you see that the majority of those people are freaking new to the series?
The don't know anything about the old games, the shows, the comics and everything a true classic fan grew up with.
1. Sonic X sucks. Just had to clear that up.
2. You make it seem like anyone who doesn't like Tails doesn't know **** about the old stuff. That's total crap. If anything, SatAM made more people hate Tails. I don't hate Tails myself. I always prefer the sidekicks to the main hero who always gets the glory. But Knuckles is just officially my favorite. It has nothing to do with him being a badass. It's actually the fact that he can put up a fight against Sonic and at least end up in a stalemate.

They started with their ****ty Shadow the hedgehog at best and are attracted by badass characters.
...and yet that fails to explain why they like Knuckles over Tails...

Every true Sonic fan will alway say that Sonic=Tails=Knuckles
I'm sorry, but that's a total bull**** statement.

That was kinda unnecessary. Tails and Knuckles are both some gangsta a** fools.
Word, *****.

I have a better set-up of B moves.

Standard Special - Maximum Heat (You can hold B and use this move anywhere, but Knuckles slows down to a walk, when you release B, you unleash a lightning quick barrage of an attack with high knockback?)

Down Special - Spin Charge (same move that Sonic has basically, just potentially slower but stronger due to Knuckles being a powerful character)

Up Special - Screw Uppercut (very similar to a technique used in Sonic Adventure 2 where you rotate in a circle and then attack to drill upwards very fast and very high)...you can still attack after using this as it goes vertically up and there's NO horizontal distance gained.

Side Special - Glide (practically the same as if he were to glide like the other characters, except when he crashes into someone, it hurts them and supplies a medium knockback)

Oh, and nothing else can be his Final Smash but this.

Final Smash - Super Knuckles. Unlike Super Sonic who will freely fly, Super Knuckles will be very fast on the ground, and all of his attacks are increased dramatically. He is near invulnerable and can be countered like Super Sonic can. However, if you decide to use a move like his F-Smash or any other move of his that hits someone rather then running into them, there is FAR more serious knockback then Super Sonic has.

I want him in. Will it happen? You never know.
I completely agree with this. up+B should by NO means be a glide seeing as all winged/aerial characters can do that anyway (could Falco maybe?). Plus a glide as well as wall-climbing would be so edgeguardable that Knuckles would suck balls on the tier list. Gliding ino a wall for Knuckles should automatically bring about the wall-climb, but the up+B you have should be his standard recovery move. Super Knuckles was a nice touch too. Actually, Hyper Knuckles would be better than way he can shake the stage when he glides into a wall...Sonic 3 & Knuckles style.

so do i.
he will be in lets just see as what.
What the hell was that about? Knuckles has like a 90+% chance of appearing in Brawl as something. Whether it be a sticker, AT, or in the least likeliness a playabe character. How the hell was that a "facepalm" moment?

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
What the hell was that about? Knuckles has like a 90+% chance of appearing in Brawl as something. Whether it be a sticker, AT, or in the least likeliness a playabe character. How the hell was that a "facepalm" moment?
i was talking about knuckles.
i don't know what the other one was talking about.
has anyone seen this info leak that says knuckles is in by beating classic on hard with sonic? everyone is saying it is fake but they said that about young link mr game and watch and pichu so it kinda gives me hope
well if so we'd find out in a couple of weeks cuz we know who who everyone will b pickin.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Officially Sonic popularity polls from Sega are null and void and biased because they fail to target the entire video game community as a whole and rather just the Sonic fanatics. Want to know true fact? It is WIDELY excepted that tthe BEST Sonic game to date is still Sonic 3 & Knuckles. If Tails was so great by himself, why did so many INCLUDING non-Sonic fanatics fall in love with Knuckles? There were even people who trolled the Sonic thread and said that they thought Knuckles was cool. This isn't a matter of trying to emphasis old-school Sonic=fan status, it's a matter of accepting facts and dealing with it.
That's debatable, I actually think Sonic 2 is the best Sonic game to date not to mention it was the best selling Sonic game ever.
Have you ever thought that some people might be afraid of admitting they prefer Tails over Sonic and Knuckles for the fact people here are generally hateful via Tails?

1. No one on Smashboards even like Shadow.
Hence why he has a huge Shadow for Brawl topic?

2.Tails has always been semi-portrayed as a weaker individual. Take the Sonic SatAM cartoon for instance. Tails and Rotor has always been my favorite characters in that show...more of Tails however. And yet there was only ONE friggin episode in which he showed a lick of heroism. Don't make it seem like 4Kids annihilated Tails' reputation. His reputation wasn't too hot to begin with. He was awesome in the classic games. And eve in SA1 he was pretty legit. But mainstream media has always made him look like a biatch. It wasn't until past the first 20 or so issues of the Archie comic series that Tails actually became capable of kicking some *** without Sonic...and even still he always got himself in a situation where he needed rescuing.
He's only 8 years old what do you expect? That he start acting super though and kicking everyone ass?
You obviously havn't seen the last season of Sonic X in Japanese, Tails was acting very though in the Metarex Saga.

3. How was Tails "more important"? Just because he was the first additional character in a Sonic game to ever be playable (ignoring the SegaSonic Arcade with Mighty the Armadillo), doesn't make him more "important". Ever since Sonic 3 there has not been a single canon Sonic game in which Sonic was playable and in which Tails made an appearance (whether playable or just a cameo) in with Knuckles didn't also make an appearance. Therefore, Sonic 3 marked Knuckles as become an equally important additional character to the franchise. Tails only has more appearance and thus he's more popular among true Sonic fans.
Oh really?
I didn't see Knuckles make an apparence in Sonic&Tails(GG), Sonic CD, Sonic SpinBall, AoStH and SatAm for that matter.
Did I mention Tails had 3 games on his own where he was the only playabe character?

1. Sonic X sucks. Just had to clear that up.
Opinion + I bet you never watched the original version.

Earthbender made it obvious he was speaking about him being playable, his chances are much lower.

Anyway back on topic if Knuckles gets in which I doubt will happen I would like to see him having his Sinbad costume from SaTSR.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Not a wall of pain. Just mostly wanted to add some more things and reply to stuff.

That's debatable, I actually think Sonic 2 is the best Sonic game to date not to mention it was the best selling Sonic game ever.
Have you ever thought that some people might be afraid of admitting they prefer Tails over Sonic and Knuckles for the fact people here are generally hateful via Tails?
Hmm... Never thought about that

Not to mention he got in 1st place in one of the votes in the 2nd Character Battle. But then again, not that many people know about the character battle. But he advanced with Lucario into the 2nd round. Tails also had his game, but barely held. But he still advanced with Issac to the 2nd round.

He's only 8 years old what do you expect? That he start acting super though and kicking everyone ass?
You obviously havn't seen the last season of Sonic X in Japanese, Tails was acting very though in the Metarex Saga.
Not to mention the 1st character to actually get a
girlfriend
in it. He was the center of the drama. But of course it is better in the japanese Sonic X.

Earthbender made it obvious he was speaking about him being playable, his chances are much lower.
Yeah, he pretty much thinks Knux will be playable. He said so in some Shoe-in Newcomers thread.

Anyway back on topic if Knuckles gets in which I doubt will happen I would like to see him having his Sinbad costume from SaTSR.
Lol that's funny.

Dolla Billz
Del
Nice to see you using Walls again.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Earthbender I really won't bother with you anymore, but please if you have something to say can you at least try instead of spamming the topic with useless comments we don't give a darn about?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sorry, I was intending that fo EB. I edited it, then the internet failed and I reconnected. Then it did it, and now it is fixed. Sorry for the confusion.

Smash Apprentice
not to mention it was the best selling Sonic game ever.
Some Genesis systems came with the cartridge. That's the onl reason. And plus, I strongly doubt the Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles revenue combined was less than Sonic 2. Remember, you do need BOTH cartridge to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles, thus technically Sonic 3 & Knuckles was the best selling Sonic game thus far.
No, that thought never crossed my mind because this is the Internet and anyone who cares so much about Internet reputation is pretty pathetic.
Considering 95% of the posts in that topic are flame wars and people bashing Shadow, I bet to differ.
Isn't he like 8 or 10 years old in Sonic X as well?
Nope I haven't. Ever since Sonic went mainstream anime, I've had nothing but hatred for it.

Oh really?
Quite really.
I didn't see Knuckles make an apparence in Sonic&Tails(GG), Sonic CD, Sonic SpinBall, AoStH and SatAm for that matter.
You forget that these all came BEFORE Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles, which is why I said that no canon Sonic game AFTER Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles neglected to have Knuckles make an appearance while Tails made one instead. Sonic & Tails a.k.a Sonic 2 for Game Gear came out in 1992. Sonic CD was either 1992 or 1993 I forget. Spinball...don't really remember, nor do I care since many argue it's not canon anyways (plus I don't think it came out before 1994 when Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles came out). AoStH and SatAM are merely CARTOONS not games...nor did either of them debut before 1994. So I really don't see what point you're trying to make. Oh and Sonic Underground included Knuckles in 4 of the 40 episodes...guess how many of those episodes had Tails appear?
Did I mention Tails had 3 games on his own where he was the only playabe character?
Tails Adventure was good. Skypatrol sucked balls. Music Maker is hardly respectable enough to even be called a game. I still don't see what point you're trying to make here either. Tails has been around longer than Knuckles...there's no denying that. If he didn't end up in more spinoff titles than Knuckles, then there's something wrong. It's not a matter of importance. It's more of acknowledging a good asset to the Sonic franchise. And Tails is that good asset. Knuckles was a good asset too..just just still relatively early in his character development, hence Knuckles Chaotix though it was a ****ty and poorly constructed game. And please don't bring the Shadow The Hedgehog argument into this. We all know that were it not for obsessive fanboys, that game would've never seen the light of day.

Opinion + I bet you never watched the original version.
You're right, I didn't. That my fault or being biased...but according to reviews, the original, non-English-dubbed episode were only slightly less lame.

That's not the impression I got...I felt he was talking about appearance in general. But yeah, Knuckles as a PC is very unlikely.

Anyways, I'm not trying to argue. Nor do I hate Tails. I just love good Sonic related discussion, that's all.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That's total crap. How the hell is Sonic BAMF-ridden with characters like Rouge, Amy, Cheese, Cream, and Big in it? You have got to be ****ting me...
In a literal sense, point well made. But you know what I meant. Are ANY of the characters you listed as popular as Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow (btw, I'd actually count Rouge among the "BAMFs")?

Certainly not. People are too distracted by the anti-hero/rival types like Shadow and Knuckles to give any of the other characters a chance (not that I advocate liking Cream and Big. Those are just poorly constructed characters, period).

The fact is, when you're talking about characters that actually stay in the minds of the fans, you're primarily talking about Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow. And I guess Amy just because she's been around for a while and may be too annoying to forget. The majority of those characters fall into the too-cool-for-school category. Sega knows this is what the fans have come to love most (Hence having only Sonic, Shadow, and Silver as playables in Sonic '06 and coming out with Sonic Rivals).

Even in Sonic Riders, the three new characters introduced in that game were all cocky *******s. Not one meek-but-strong character among them.

Come on, Del. No matter how many times a character like Cream or Big appears in a game, you know no one considers them real characters. Not even Sega. They're filler. Everyone knows the focus is mainly on characters like Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow because they're "cool". Compared to them, Tails seems like some much needed character contrast. Out of the true MAIN characters, he adds the most diversity.

Sorry for the insanely long post. I just got on a roll.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Some Genesis systems came with the cartridge. That's the onl reason. And plus, I strongly doubt the Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles revenue combined was less than Sonic 2. Remember, you do need BOTH cartridge to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles, thus technically Sonic 3 & Knuckles was the best selling Sonic game thus far.
You're wrong even the combined sales of Sonic 3 and S&K doesn't come close to the success Sonic 2 had.

Sonic 2(Sold over 6 million copy):
http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6428

Sonic 3(1.75 million)
http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=4349

Sonic&Knuckles(1.82 million)
http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6424

Sonic 3+S&K sales = 3.57 million

Thats nothing compared to how Sonic 2 sold.

Additional Proof: Sonic 2 recently entered the Guinness World Records for the best Selling game on a Sega systems and once again stating it sold over 6 million see it for yourself.

http://gamers.guinnessworldrecords.com/book2008/preview.aspx

Page 14 first thing you see.

No, that thought never crossed my mind because this is the Internet and anyone who cares so much about Internet reputation is pretty pathetic.
Maybe so but I assure you that there's people that are that way, some people just don't like seeing their character getting insulted so they just won't mention them this is the case with Tails.

Considering 95% of the posts in that topic are flame wars and people bashing Shadow, I bet to differ.
Still he's one of the most requested character in Brawl along with Knuckles and Tails.

Isn't he like 8 or 10 years old in Sonic X as well?
AoStH: 4 and half.
SatAm: 10
Archie: 13
SegaSonic(Games): 8
Sonic X Part 1: 8
Sonic X Part 2: 9

Nope I haven't. Ever since Sonic went mainstream anime, I've had nothing but hatred for it.
So you didn't like Sonic The Movie?

You forget that these all came BEFORE Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles, which is why I said that no canon Sonic game AFTER Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles neglected to have Knuckles make an appearance while Tails made one instead. Sonic & Tails a.k.a Sonic 2 for Game Gear came out in 1992. Sonic CD was either 1992 or 1993 I forget. Spinball...don't really remember, nor do I care since many argue it's not canon anyways (plus I don't think it came out before 1994 when Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles came out). AoStH and SatAM are merely CARTOONS not games...nor did either of them debut before 1994. So I really don't see what point you're trying to make. Oh and Sonic Underground included Knuckles in 4 of the 40 episodes...guess how many of those episodes had Tails appear?
Because Knuckles appear in Sonic Rush Adventure which is an important Sonic game....oh wait he didn't.

Tails Adventure was good. Skypatrol sucked balls. Music Maker is hardly respectable enough to even be called a game. I still don't see what point you're trying to make here either. Tails has been around longer than Knuckles...there's no denying that. If he didn't end up in more spinoff titles than Knuckles, then there's something wrong. It's not a matter of importance. It's more of acknowledging a good asset to the Sonic franchise. And Tails is that good asset. Knuckles was a good asset too..just just still relatively early in his character development, hence Knuckles Chaotix though it was a ****ty and poorly constructed game. And please don't bring the Shadow The Hedgehog argument into this. We all know that were it not for obsessive fanboys, that game would've never seen the light of day.
I agree.
I am surprised you even know about the Tails Music Maker game! :laugh:
But yeah Tails both Skypatrol&Music maker sucked terribly, I don't agree with Knuckles Chaotix sucking though I liked that game.

Smash Apprentice
In a literal sense, point well made. But you know what I meant. Are ANY of the characters you listed as popular as Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow (btw, I'd actually count Rouge among the "BAMFs")?

Certainly not. People are too distracted by the anti-hero/rival types like Shadow and Knuckles to give any of the other characters a chance (not that I advocate liking Cream and Big. Those are just poorly constructed characters, period).

The fact is, when you're talking about characters that actually stay in the minds of the fans, you're primarily talking about Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow. And I guess Amy just because she's been around for a while and may be too annoying to forget. The majority of those characters fall into the too-cool-for-school category. Sega knows this is what the fans have come to love most (Hence having only Sonic, Shadow, and Silver as playables in Sonic '06 and coming out with Sonic Rivals).

Even in Sonic Riders, the three new characters introduced in that game were all cocky *******s. Not one meek-but-strong character among them.

Come on, Del. No matter how many times a character like Cream or Big appears in a game, you know no one considers them real characters. Not even Sega. They're filler. Everyone knows the focus is mainly on characters like Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow because they're "cool". Compared to them, Tails seems like some much needed character contrast. Out of the true MAIN characters, he adds the most diversity.

Sorry for the insanely long post. I just got on a roll.
Well I see where you're coming from now. Only disagreement I have is that Amy and Tails are still lead characters in Sega's mind and they balance out the overflow of action that would be Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow. Honestly, putting Sonic and Shadow in the BAMF cateogry still doesn't work for me though. Shadow was all about confusion, mystery, and determination to achieve his goals no matter what. It's ******** fanboys that dubbed him the "badass anti-Sonic". And Sonic shouldn't really be a badass either with a moron like Griffith behind his vocals.

EDIT::

You're wrong even the combined sales of Sonic 3 and S&K doesn't come close to the success Sonic 2 had.

Sonic 2(Sold over 6 million copy):
http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6428

Sonic 3(1.75 million)
http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=4349

Sonic&Knuckles(1.82 million)
http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6424

Sonic 3+S&K sales = 3.57 million

Thats nothing compared to how Sonic 2 sold.

Additional Proof: Sonic 2 recently entered the Guinness World Records for the best Selling game on a Sega systems and once again stating it sold over 6 million see it for yourself.

http://gamers.guinnessworldrecords.com/book2008/preview.aspx

Page 14 first thing you see.
DAMMIT. Ok you got me there. But that still doesn't change the fact that several copies on Sonic 2 came bundled with the Genesis, thus aiding in sales.

Still he's one of the most requested character in Brawl along with Knuckles and Tails.
On SWF? Are there really that many ******** people on this forum?

So you didn't like Sonic The Movie?
That's why I said "mainstream". Although, Sonic The Movie is easily available on DVD so I see where you might've been confused. Terrible English dub, btw...but an excellent Sonic movie nonetheless.

Because Knuckles appear in Sonic Rush Adventure which is an important Sonic game....oh wait he didn't.
DAMMIT. That's a cheap shot. I'm not knowledge about the newer handheld stuff. Weren't you the one complaining about a lack of old school Sonic fans? LOL. Anyways, it's debatable whether than game can even be considered canon anyways. Hell, I don't even see SatSR as canon.

I am surprised you even know about the Tails Music Maker game! :laugh:.
...sometimes, I really wish I didn't...

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
He should be able to glide and climb walls. How cool would it be to scale sheer walls life in Temple. SUPER CHEAP

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well I see where you're coming from now. Only disagreement I have is that Amy and Tails are still lead characters in Sega's mind and they balance out the overflow of action that would be Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow.
In my head, this is true. But the more games Sega releases, the less it seems to be. Tails and Amy haven't been playable in a real Sonic game (that is, not Sonic Riders, Sonic Battle, etc.) since Sonic Heroes. And as my very limited research has told me, Tails seems to fill the "damsel in distress" role in Sonic Rivals (minus the "damsel").

I don't know if we just happen to be in a dry spell with Tails and Amy or if they're trying to move Sonic away from characters like them. I'm hoping it's the former. I'm just saying what I see. Tails, in particular, has been getting bit parts ever since Heroes, and that just rubs me the wrong way. He's SUPPOSED to be a relatively significant character, but I see him being quickly demoted to Cream status. And that's scary.

Honestly, putting Sonic and Shadow in the BAMF cateogry still doesn't work for me though. Shadow was all about confusion, mystery, and determination to achieve his goals no matter what. It's ******** fanboys that dubbed him the "badass anti-Sonic".
And Sega answered those fanboys wishes by giving Shadow a gun and a motorcycle. *sigh*

But even ignoring that, I lump Sonic and Shadow into that BAMF category (I wish I could call it something else. But nothing really expresses what I mean more succinctly than "BAMF"), because they both just have that swagger. They and Knuckles have this kind of "I can take care of my own ****" vibe about them. They just all approach it in different ways.

Tails is the only one (okay. . . and Amy) who doesn't have that at all. And some people seem to think that makes him a bad character. I just think he deserves more credit for what he is. So when I saw someone calling him a crybaby, I got a little defensive (even if it's a LITTLE true if you factor in cartoon shows and such).

Basically it all boils down to me thinking Tails gets a lot of **** for no reason from some people. And then ranting about it.

And Sonic shouldn't really be a badass either with a moron like Griffith behind his vocals.
TRUTH, sir.

Though Sonic's VA is a whole issue in and of itself.

Bah. **** it. Knux 4 Brawl.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
In my head, this is true. But the more games Sega releases, the less it seems to be. Tails and Amy haven't been playable in a real Sonic game (that is, not Sonic Riders, Sonic Battle, etc.) since Sonic Heroes. And as my very limited research has told me, Tails seems to fill the "damsel in distress" role in Sonic Rivals (minus the "damsel").
That only happened in Sonic Rivals, beside he's playable in the sequel.

I don't know if we just happen to be in a dry spell with Tails and Amy or if they're trying to move Sonic away from characters like them. I'm hoping it's the former. I'm just saying what I see. Tails, in particular, has been getting bit parts ever since Heroes, and that just rubs me the wrong way. He's SUPPOSED to be a relatively significant character, but I see him being quickly demoted to Cream status. And that's scary.
I don't see what you didn't include Knuckles there, he hasn't done anything either after Sonic heroes beside having a role in Sonic Rivals.
Tails being demoted to Cream status? You're overreacting, Tails had a very impressive role in SRA for a NPC and Knuckles didn't even appear at all.
In the end both Tails and Knuckles have been eating **** in favor of Shadow and Silver this is a fact.

Yellow Legend

Smash Rookie
The hedgehogs are taking over the Sonic universe like the saiyans took over DBZ

In Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are being left out
In DBZ, Krillin Yamcha and the rest of the Z fighters that werent saiyans were getting more and more left out.

yet another thing they share

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
And Sega answered those fanboys wishes by giving Shadow a gun and a motorcycle. *sigh*

But even ignoring that, I lump Sonic and Shadow into that BAMF category (I wish I could call it something else. But nothing really expresses what I mean more succinctly than "BAMF"), because they both just have that swagger. They and Knuckles have this kind of "I can take care of my own ****" vibe about them. They just all approach it in different ways.

Tails is the only one (okay. . . and Amy) who doesn't have that at all. And some people seem to think that makes him a bad character. I just think he deserves more credit for what he is. So when I saw someone calling him a crybaby, I got a little defensive (even if it's a LITTLE true if you factor in cartoon shows and such).

Basically it all boils down to me thinking Tails gets a lot of **** for no reason from some people. And then ranting about it.
--

isn't it true that amy fights more than tails .....or is that just in the show? i mean amy is pertty wicked with that hammer of hers though.

The hedgehogs are taking over the Sonic universe like the saiyans took over DBZ

In Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are being left out
In DBZ, Krillin Yamcha and the rest of the Z fighters that werent saiyans were getting more and more left out.

yet another thing they share
-----------------------
and if this happens.
we will all know why in 5 years (or less) sega will die.
unless people who don't see this will keep buying the games.
(like me, even though i see it) exactly like dbz.
and the z fighters were cooler then the other ones anyways.
wo....its just like this too. wow.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Tell me why we're comparing DBZ and Sonic again? There was a reason the Z fighters were pretty much dumped. After the Cell Games, they would have been killed by any of Majin Buu's forms. In fact they do die again some time during the Buu Sagas, like when the Earth blows up. Not to mention it was the character's personality and surviving the Android saga's fault. And trust me, Sonic has spoofed
IMO, Tributed
more then DBZ, remember the Death Egg? That's a direct ref to the Death Star. It's weird how Sega back then knew american culture. I mean, how popular is Star Wars compared to the US in Japan? And personally, I like DBZ: The Super Sonic thing was one of the reasons I got "hooked on Sonic".

But even with all those pop culture references, Sonic is still his own original self.

P.S. Didn't Piccolo also have huge roles in the Buu Saga? He's not a saiyan.

Yellow Legend

Smash Rookie
@Nightmare: Sorry, Most of my posts are Quick Replys. I've recently got too lazy to do the normal add reply. So I do the @whoever it is, so people do not complain. And technially it wasn't just Earthbender, But Yellow Legend as well.
fine, I'll start quoting now

SonicMario

Smash Master
^^^
OH CRAP. I thought Nightmare was Talking to me. Yellow Legend, you don't have to quote. Now I see why quoting is important though :/

Top Bottom