• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knuckles for Brawl!

Rakath

Smash Ace
Speed Ranks:
9. Knuckles - 6
12. Tails - 3

Power Ranks:
3. Knuckles - 8
15. Tails - 2

Skill Ranks
2. Tails - 9
13. Knuckles - 2

Stamina Ranks
4. Tails - 8
5. Knuckles - 7

Excluding his amazing Skill count, he only outdoes Knuckles by 1 Stamina point and everywhere else Knuckles is fairly amazing. Track, Field, and Swimming are all events Tails will not be better than Knuckles in (and quite frankly, Tails won't do better than many people in them). Knuckles stats are fairly canon to his existance, Tails (save Skill and Power) was entirely wrong in his stats. Speed tied with Wario, what?

Also there are aspects of Tails that wouldn't translate as well as Sonic or Knuckles. Sonic translates really easy, Tails would have his jumps messed with, possibly a less than useful Up B if they make that his helicopter. Knuckles as the reverse can easily work with the Glide mechanic and wall climb could be worked into the game as a gimmic. Knuckles would be a fairly fluid translation to Brawl.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Speed Ranks:
9. Knuckles - 6
12. Tails - 3

Power Ranks:
3. Knuckles - 8
15. Tails - 2

Skill Ranks
2. Tails - 9
13. Knuckles - 2

Stamina Ranks
4. Tails - 8
5. Knuckles - 7

<I>Excluding his amazing Skill count, he only outdoes Knuckles by 1 Stamina point and everywhere else Knuckles is fairly amazing. Track, Field, and Swimming are all events Tails will not be better than Knuckles in (and quite frankly, Tails won't do better than many people in them). Knuckles stats are fairly canon to his existance, Tails (save Skill and Power) was entirely wrong in his stats. Speed tied with Wario, what?</I>
Well I don't know how they did the stats and all, you have Dr.Eggman/Robotnik being faster then Knuckles,Tails and the majority of the people in the game...seriously what the hell?
Tails is good at Gymnastics, Archery, Rowing Sculls, Fencing etc all the skill based stuff overall Knuckles is still more useful then him I agree with that.

Also there are aspects of Tails that wouldn't translate as well as Sonic or Knuckles. Sonic translates really easy, Tails would have his jumps messed with, possibly a less than useful Up B if they make that his helicopter. Knuckles as the reverse can easily work with the Glide mechanic and wall climb could be worked into the game as a gimmic. Knuckles would be a fairly fluid translation to Brawl.
Yeah that's look good, I still think the wall climb would be weird to incorporate.
I am sure Sakurai would find a way to easy translate Tails flying ability, but anyway doesn't matter because they aren't getting in anyway.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Well I don't know how they did the stats and all, you have Dr.Eggman/Robotnik being faster then Knuckles,Tails and the majority of the people in the game...seriously what the hell?
Tails is good at Gymnastics, Archery, Rowing Sculls, Fencing etc all the skill based stuff overall Knuckles is still more useful then him I agree with that.

Yeah that's look good, I still think the wall climb would be weird to incorporate.
I am sure Sakurai would find a way to easy translate Tails flying ability, but anyway doesn't matter because they aren't getting in anyway.
That's because Eggman IS faster than the both of them (Fifth Ranked with a Speed of 7), which I know makes NO sense but its how the game was set-up. Most of the character stats seem right but Eggman and Tails (Eggman is too fast, with no Stamina... I think Tails and Eggman got statswitched)...

And Climbing would be hilarious in an Fourside/Saffron stage, or to just cling to a wall to avoid a Redshell.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
well it apprently needs bumps all the time unless someone is here argueing, because thats the only time this is on the 1st page. and hn, you only come here to argue the only one who should leave before me is you. i don't argue with you people because i know nothing about the sales of sonic games, and everything im not sonic obbssed i play duh games and like duh characters, and sometimes do watch sonic x, thats it. i don't search up stuff on the internet to start arguements. so please if i may, would expect you to stop argueing, the only thing i said is that i think knuckles is better (many times) and you use your logic as so is to prove me wrong while i watch others argue with you about it. and it seems to me that you have searched all of this up because you like knuckles and so not so many people do, at least online, so you search this up to argue that they are more important and to say they are better just for you to think they are and have people agree with your facts. well your facts mean nothing to me. and would like you to not start and arguement over this, i have only said this because you have said i needed to leave and explained to you, you need to stop starting arguements over tails, please would you go back to the tails thread and stop.
thnx

i've posted this once and i wouldn't like to do it again.

Hn if all you do is want to start arguements would you please leave.
thnx.
and no now it is not just with you and del money your starting your stuff again.
please go say tails is better in the tails thread.

EDIT: Sorry hn i just read your first post on this page, and well, decided to say sorry well uhhh sorry? but that eariler message i'm not sorry for, just sayin' that.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Still Tails is more popular/liked(Isn't it like the same thing in the end?) then Knuckles in Japan.
I would gadly find the Europe polls that were holded 2 year back but I can't find them, but I recall Tails was 2nd on that poll right behind Sonic while Knuckles was 3rd sending Shadow in 4th place. :)
Well I can accept that, though like I said before it's an argument of semantics and those really go nowhere. IMO, Mega Man is popular than Sonic in the gaming world. Mega Man came out in 1987 and Sonic came out in 1991, so technically Mega Man should be a more well-known video game franchise (excluding external media likes cartoons, comics, Mickey D's happy meal promos, etc) than Sonic. Sonic however is more "liked" otherwise he wouldn't currently be confirmed playable while a lot of us are left hoping for Mega Man. Tails has been around 1.5 years longer than Knuckles.

So the more-well-known argument can easily apply to Tails, but the consistent inclusion of Knuckles in games following Sonic 3 has made the gap on Tails and Knuckles negligible in that department. And should Shadow be consistently included in Sonic games for another span of years, the gap will close for Shadow as well (if it hasn't alread...****ing fanboys). Still, it's obvious that in Japan, Tails is more liked than Knuckles probably because Tails is much closer to Sonic (relationship-wise) than any other character in the franchise will ever be.

What? Tails was freaking awesome in that movie, Sonic and Tails never worked as good together. :ohwell:
Tails was a skillful pilot, but that's about it. I only saw that movie like a year ago for the first time and never watched it again. It was good, but the only key things I remember were Sonic fighting Metal Sonic, Knuckles being heroic for that princess chick (who was conveniently wearing hella-short shorts, Tails piloting the plane, Sonic flipping the bird, and Tails groping the princess in fear which pissed Knuckles off. I know a site where I can download it so I'll probably watch it again.

No way Tails had a much better important role in AoStH, he even saved Sonic a few times! Tails in SatAM was like useless baggage, I really hate that Tails seriously.
Dude, AoStH was lame that I could've saved Sonic a few times and I was 4 at the time. Seriously, that show was total crap. Nothing is that show should ever have been taken seriously. Hell, even the old Zelda cartoon was more entertaining...and that show only ran for 13 episodes before being cancelled. SatAM Tails didn't do much (which is unfortunate considering he was 10 at the time), but that one episode where the freedom fighter were searching for the Deep Power Stones was definitely the better side of Tails. And he didn't even need any silly or goofy antics either.

Was talking about Tails personality wise since he act closer to his game counterpart in that show, but you never really watched the last season to see what Tails accomplished.
Watch Sonic X is the equivalent of shaving my nuts with a butcher's knife. To be honest, were humans not in the show, were Robotnik (not ****ing "Eggman") a villain that could be taken seriously EVERY episode instead of only in like a handful of them, and were Jaleel White behind the voice of Sonic I probably would've liked it.

SU better then Sonic X? Sorry but I really disagree there, if Knuckles wasn't in that show I would not have bothered with it.
I hate seeing Sonic singing gay corny songs, make me wanna pull my hair out.
The songs were tight. What are you talking about? [/sarcasm]

How so? If that ability(Tails Swipe) was first used in Sonic The Fighter(Arcade) which is also a classic game.

An example of Tails using it(Is this effective enough?):

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t16/HolyNightmare/03.jpg

He also use it in Sonic X, the Archie comics(As seen above) and all the recent games(Sonic Rivals 2 being the most recent use) including Sonic the Fighter and you say it's not true-to-Tails attacks?
Ok, you kinda got me. I haven't played any of the recent handheld games...not even the first Sonic Advance. I don't really do handhelds anymore. Secondly, I have the Sonic the Fighters ROM and still haven't bothered to play it...shame on me. And third, that comic issue was like only 5 months ago, but the Sonic comics were definitely at their prime in between issues 1 and 100 and I'm sure you'll agree. Once I read a recent Sonic issue, I never read it again...that's how dissappointed I am. They are starting to get a little interesting though with the Enerjak thing.

Anyways, I do wish the tail-swipe was actually introduced to Tails as a signature move when he made he debut. It just seems lie something they made up. Knuckles punch is technically legit seeing as he does it in his idle stance in S3&K. Either way, you're right...the tail-swipe is a legit move.

Game wise Tails is less buildable than Knuckles (look at the Adventure Series and Advanced Series, Knuckles is given more moves than Tails each time), naturally this means next to nothing, but its worth pointing out.
I disagree. A legit Tails moveset can easily be built without even requiring that thundershoot crap from dumba** Sonic Heroes...but this isn't the Tails thread and plus I'm too lazy to make one.

There's also that Tails keeps getting more and more nerfed and downgraded recently (Case and point: Sonic and Mario at the Olympics Tails is next to useless) Rivals 1 he was kidnapped, StH on 360 he wasn't Support, Sonic Rush he was support (not playable)... Tails is important, but his lead on Knuckles has long since dried up.

Speed Ranks:
9. Knuckles - 6
12. Tails - 3

Power Ranks:
3. Knuckles - 8
15. Tails - 2

Skill Ranks
2. Tails - 9
13. Knuckles - 2

Stamina Ranks
4. Tails - 8
5. Knuckles - 7

Excluding his amazing Skill count, he only outdoes Knuckles by 1 Stamina point and everywhere else Knuckles is fairly amazing. Track, Field, and Swimming are all events Tails will not be better than Knuckles in (and quite frankly, Tails won't do better than many people in them). Knuckles stats are fairly canon to his existance, Tails (save Skill and Power) was entirely wrong in his stats. Speed tied with Wario, what?

Sonic & Mario at the Olympics is a piece of crap. I knew it was going to suck before the game even hit the shelves. I'm not going to take anything from that game seriously in the least. The stats are crap and horribly constructed just to balance the characters out for the sake of creating an equal opportunity party game. It was already stated that it doesn't even accurately portray the characters so referring to it is pretty much pointless.

I'm Del Money and I approve this post.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
hm......i just don't what else to say about knux cept that hims is one uf duh culst lukin vid g char. that dur eva was one outa 50 dough. :D thutas lots to chose from but he would be in the top 30? heh maybe but heh'd beh in durh fuh shuuhhh.

knux my bes bud fur duh brwl.
:D
i like mussssic.

Luigi player

Smash Master
hm......i just don't what else to say about knux cept that hims is one uf duh culst lukin vid g char. that dur eva was one outa 50 dough. :D thutas lots to chose from but he would be in the top 30? heh maybe but heh'd beh in durh fuh shuuhhh.

knux my bes bud fur duh brwl.
:D
i like mussssic.
What? I can't read this...

Anyway, Tails' stats in M&SatO are really not very good. I still wonder why they made him so slow. Tails is way faster than that, but I'm glad Knuckles is as fast as he should be ^^

<- Knuckles is awesome. I hope he'll be playable in Brawl :)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Knuckles is the hot head os the sonic series thats why he deserves to be in brawl. he KICK A.SS
Haha, yeah. I love villains. That's why I like Wario, Knuckles and Vegeta (yes, from dbz). This game would be too awesome if Knuckles is playable! I really hope he is, but his chances aren't too great... NO, I have to stop thinking negative! We have to think positive! We have to... believe! :laugh:

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Haha, yeah. I love villains. That's why I like Wario, Knuckles and Vegeta (yes, from dbz). This game would be too awesome if Knuckles is playable! I really hope he is, but his chances aren't too great... NO, I have to stop thinking negative! We have to think positive! We have to... believe! :laugh:
Lol soo true Villans kick *** Gonondorf, PKM Rival <<<I have a thread on this. And so on and so forth his chances are slim but if he makes it in. WOO!

hottempered

Smash Rookie
No offense, but can you just leave already? This is the 'Knuckles for Brawl' thread, not the 'Prove Tails is Better' thread. In the end, no one here really cares what you're saying, because we all like Knuckles better.
QFT. I like Tails, but Knuckles, is just better. There's a Tails thread, so post about how cool he is there. But this is for Knux and Knux fans.

Knuckles for Brawl!

Um...... no. Sorry, but I don't really see knuckles as that important of a character in the sonic series. He's just the back up guy in most stories or has a side story. The main action is always around Sonic and Tails as it should be. Although Tails hardly does anything. Sorry to be realistic.. actually I'm not. I really don't think Knuckles would be a good choice at all.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Actually Knuckles has a strong storyline, Guardian of the Chaos Emeralds, etc. The recent games have made him into a Tails Jr. but in the past he was independent of Sonic. If Sakurai uses him, I have a feeling he will appeal more to the Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles, and Sonic Adventure 2 versions of Knuckles then the more recent ones.

I honestly think Sakurai did make a hint Knuckles would be in and now that I think about it, he would be better then Tails if Sakurai does use the original Knuckles from original series instead of making him the Tails Jr. of the latter series. Wish Both Knuckles and Tails could make it but the fact is we would be lucky to get either.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Actually Knuckles has a strong storyline, Guardian of the Chaos Emeralds, etc. The recent games have made him into a Tails Jr. but in the past he was independent of Sonic. If Sakurai uses him, I have a feeling he will appeal more to the Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles, and Sonic Adventure 2 versions of Knuckles then the more recent ones.

I honestly think Sakurai did make a hint Knuckles would be in and now that I think about it, he would be better then Tails if Sakurai does use the original Knuckles from original series instead of making him the Tails Jr. of the latter series. Wish Both Knuckles and Tails could make it but the fact is we would be lucky to get either.
Yeah, Knuckles has a much bigger storyline than Tails (Tails' is only to hang on Sonic's side, wow v_v).
And, to me, it looks REALLY like this game was made for Knux. I mean, there's gliding now. Who is our favourite and well known glider? Knuckles! And Knuckles is made to be a fighter. Really guys, Knuckles fits this game much more than any other character (if he'd be more of a main character...).

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Um...... no. Sorry, but I don't really see knuckles as that important of a character in the sonic series. He's just the back up guy in most stories or has a side story. The main action is always around Sonic and Tails as it should be. Although Tails hardly does anything. Sorry to be realistic.. actually I'm not. I really don't think Knuckles would be a good choice at all.
I don't see how he wouldn't be a good choice. He could fit in perfectly in this game.

Drone 147

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by TheOfficialSonicFanboy :
Wow. And you call yourself the 'ultimate' sonic fanboy. I spit at you. Pfft

How can you POSSIBLY suggest that Knuckles would be a bad fighter let alone suggest that hes more of a back up guy then tails. Tails is just a ******** 5 year old fox who follows sonic around, with very little fan appeal.

For being the ultimate sonic fan I find it hilarious that it seems you've never played Sonic 3 or Sonic and Knuckles. Knuckles in these games is portrayed as an AWESOME character who is COMPLETELY independent from Sonic. He is in fact his rival.

If Sakurai was to include Knuckles in the roster, i'm POSITIVE he would choose this version of the echidna.

To even suggest that tails has a better chance then Knuckles is laughable.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Wow this started pretty long back eh?

Well Knuckles.. I wouldn't mind seeing him in but still, if there is a Nintendo character that isn't WTF and deserves it more I'd rather have them.

Knuckles would be able to fight pretty hard though. I like his drill into the ground thing :D

-Onyx

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Wow. And you call yourself the 'ultimate' sonic fanboy. I spit at you. Pfft

How can you POSSIBLY suggest that Knuckles would be a bad fighter let alone suggest that hes more of a back up guy then tails. Tails is just a ******** 5 year old fox who follows sonic around, with very little fan appeal.
For being the ultimate sonic fan I find it hilarious that it seems you've never played Sonic 3 or Sonic and Knuckles. Knuckles in these games is portrayed as an AWESOME character who is COMPLETELY independent from Sonic. He is in fact his rival.

If Sakurai was to include Knuckles in the roster, i'm POSITIVE he would choose this version of the echidna.

To even suggest that tails has a better chance then Knuckles is laughable.
1)He's 8 and as an IQ of 400, not to mention a very big fanbase and popular otherwise he would not even be mentioned.

2)Not anymore, Shadow is.

3)Opinion, Alot of people think Tails has better chances.

4)Stop acting like a noob...oh wait you are sorry.

Rakath

Smash Ace
HolyNightmare: Knuckles is still Sonic's Rival, as the primary opponents in Sonic Rivals is Knuckles, not Shadow. Shadow and Silver just sorta show up. Knuckles is just not nearly as obnoxious or evil as the other various rivals (he is however, GULLIBLE AS SIN, which the others aren't).

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
HolyNightmare: Knuckles is still Sonic's Rival, as the primary opponents in Sonic Rivals is Knuckles, not Shadow. Shadow and Silver just sorta show up. Knuckles is just not nearly as obnoxious or evil as the other various rivals (he is however, GULLIBLE AS SIN, which the others aren't).
Yeah ok, just saying Knuckles isn't the main and only overall.
Sonic has so many rivals that it isn't even fun anymore, Shadow, Silver, Jet and Johnny all want a piece of him.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Do you think that if Knuckles got in he would have a fast running speed as Sonic does?

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Do you think that if Knuckles got in he would have a fast running speed as Sonic does?
I dont really know but in the sonic games he is pretty fast but not as fast as sonic by any means, So if he does make it into brawl he should be a relatively quick and powerful character.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
1)He's 8 and as an IQ of 400, not to mention a very big fanbase and popular otherwise he would not even be mentioned.

2)Not anymore, Shadow is.

3)Opinion, Alot of people think Tails has better chances.

4)Stop acting like a noob...oh wait you are sorry.
1. True
2. I find this false. Knux can still be a rival even if he does play a role of helping
3. Why b/c Tails appeared first and by appearing first that makes him more important?
4. No comment

D

Deleted member

Why the f*ck are we even debating who's better?! Who the f*ck cares?! Neither of 'em are getting in Brawl! So ridiculous.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Why the f*ck are we even debating who's better?! Who the f*ck cares?! Neither of 'em are getting in Brawl! So ridiculous.
Maybe they aren't getting in as a PC, but it's obvious Sonic will get an AT. I'm so tired of people claiming they won't get in at all. So ridiculous. :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

Maybe they aren't getting in as a PC, but it's obvious Sonic will get an AT. I'm so tire dof people claiming they won't get in at all. So ridiculous. :ohwell:
Well of course they're not gonna get a PC. That's what I was talking about. ATs are different.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Of course Knuckles won't be playable, but I certainly wouldn't complain if he was. Happens to be my favorite character from that franchise (Ok... that isn't say much since I really don't like any of the other characters XD But I like Knuckles.)

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
uhm...im not sure?
they had 2 on their. or three right?

i know there was tuh first one. forgot taht name (jus lika youa)

but 2 was the great escape and 3 was hoodlum havic if i remember right. right?

i rememberd those 2 :D
im glad haha.

cuz i didn't look um um.

but...i wish skull kid would get in..more ova vatti and ww link. oh geeze i'd be mad if both of um got in and not skull kid or minda.

Top Bottom