• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knuckles for Brawl!

Santini

Smash Journeyman
In order for Knuckles to be in Brawl, Sega needs to have a second character (obviously). This may not be too likely, but I do think it's possible. After all, Nintendo and Sega are seemingly pretty close at the moment. So, let's say Sega is allowed a 2nd character. I think there are really only two options: Tails or Knuckles. A lot of people say Tails is the hands down choice, but I don't see why.

Knuckles could potentially act as a much needed villain for SEE
Knuckles has a little better moveset potential imo, with the punching, gliding, climbing, and digging (but this probably doesn't matter too much because Tails also could have a pretty good moveset)
Knuckles is more of a fan favorite.

The only real thing Tails has on Knuckles is that he existed first (in Sonic 2 as opposed to Sonic 3).

However, both characters just seem like perfect candidates for AT's. So I doubt either will be in. But here's hoping for Knuckles.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Good point, I guess Nights would be another contender. Too bad, that really hurts Knuckles' chances.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Though I agree with your general point, you say that as if new-age Mega Man and Bomberman games aren't in the ****ty-game category themselves...
The ZX and zero series are great, I for one aint that fan of them, but theyre stil lgreat games,the only ones that sux are the internet megamans, while all of sonics 3d games have sucked...

Rakath

Smash Ace
Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 both had issues, but neither sucked.

Sonic Adventure had the problem with of the 6 characters, two plot series were redundant (Sonic and Tails), and save myself not too many people were fans of Big.

Sonic Adventure 2 had the problem of having 6 characters that were paired in gameplay (Hedgehogs, Mechs, Hunters). So it was even less divergent than Adventure. Also the 3-D Sonic gameplay was never as fun as the 2-D stuff. (My favorite gameplay was Knuckles/Rouge gameplay, it was the only one that really fit with the 3-D entirely).

Then they went downhill either story (Riders!) or gameplay (Stuff not Riders!).

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Sonic Riders actually had a decent story, at least it wasn't trying to be serious like the recent Sonic games have been trying to do.
The characters were actually in character, not like the trash we got with Sonic Heroes were everyone seemed to be on crack.

Luigi player

Smash Master
SA2B is really great, I still play it sometimes, but the bug that you sometimes press a button 2 times while you only press it one time is really annoying.

I'd love to have another Sonic Adventure. Secret Rings lacks playable Tails/Knuckles... (and a good multiplayer) I hope a good Sonic game will come out soon... a game that's worth buying...

Maybe an improved and changed version of Sonic Battle for the Wii. That would be great. Of course a new storyline is a must, but the fighting is cool. Oh, and while I talk about fighting...
a Sonic game in SSB style would be too awesome :D and also with a storyline like SSE..

Luigi player

Smash Master
Uh, never heard of it, but I just looked at wikipedia... well, the only thing we know is that it'll be released in 2008 and that it'll be for the DS.

While I do like the DS, the games are more entertaining and impressive if I can play them on the TV (Wii)...

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i agree with HolyNightmare. I also think the series is so tacky. they are trying to appeal to gamers who don't appreciate good characters. I have know some people who love shadow. Why? his is bad ase with a gun. gawd.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sega was trying to appeal to at the time, people were more interested in violent games such as Resident Evil and GTA. When that failed, Sega went back to young related Sonic games. Like Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games and the upcoming Sega Superstars Tennis in 2008. Sega may have finally learned their lesson and started going to other companies for help. Sega seems to be supporting Nintendo the most. With: Olympics, Exclusive Sonic and a NiGHTS title on the Wii, Sonic in SSBB, Sonic RPG for DS, etc. The only thing I hear about Sega on others is that Sonic Riders Zero Gravity will not only be for Wii but also the PS2, and Sega Superstars Tennis for all current systems except PSP

Dolla Billz Don't Lie Nygga

Smash Apprentice
Dartmouth College...pymping the 603 straight up
it is true. all of the 3d sonic games suck
Even Sonic R?
Amen! I LOVED that game. it took me two years to unlock Green Hill Zone and what a fantastic 2 years that was...
LOL...I still haven't. I hated SA2:B way too much to want to get all A-emblems. The ranking system was so flawed and yet Sega figured it needed to be made even worse in Sonic Heroes.

Dewd

Smash Rookie
Sonic Heroes was way easier than 2 battle. Getting an A on Eggman's cosmic wall on hard mode was nearly impossible. My cousin had to beat it for me.

Dolla Billz Don't Lie Nygga

Smash Apprentice
Dartmouth College...pymping the 603 straight up
Let me rephrase that...I MEANT to say Sega found a way to bring back the flawed ranked system in Sonic Heroes. Getting A's was much easier with Sonic Heroes, but like I said before...the ranking system sucks and was a lame way to add replay value to an already repetitive (and poorly-constructed) game. I loved the SA1 ranking system however.

Anyways, Knuckles 4 Brawl (though it probably won't happen...and better not happen over Mega Man)

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
oh yes what i meant to say before (while it was) how did this get to the 6th page but nvm because i forgot. but, i was wondering why everyone hates all of the new ones i mean aren't some of them all right i mean not the new new ones but like tikal. well just her. i don't see anything wrong with her though. only her though, maybe cheese.

SlashMolder

Smash Apprentice
NOT CHEESE! Knuckles would be pretty cool because he is one of the 3 main characters but I think they limit it to that. BTW Great move set, love the final smash idea.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Well, we got Angel Island music...which is the first level in Sonic 3, this is the first time we see Knuckles, so I'm guessing he will be a stage hazard.

Here's how I see the Sonic characters represented:

Sonic (PC obv)
Tails (Assist trophy, using his plane)
Knuckles (Stage hazard in Sonic stage)
Eggman (Boss in SSE)

I don't like any other characters, besides Team Chaotix in Sonic Heroes, no Amy, Cream, Cheese, Shadow or these new hedgehogs =\

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
no i never said cheese to be in just why people don't like them.
check the sig.
oh wait.
there we go.
urgh team chaotix....so im guessing you don't like tikal.
nope. well then.
i guess you must be wrong.
very wrong about knuckles.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Psssh. It's all about Eggman...
Wait no, he might be a boss for SSE...

I think there are enough Sonic reps. But ATs are great..

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'm pretty sure we won't get a second Sonic character playable, don't get me wrong I like Knuckles better then Sonic, and I'd love for him to be playable, but it's a slim chance.

Nah I don't like Tikal all too much.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
She's one of those Sonic characters that should just be left out...Sonic should get Shadow colors, and that's all we need as far as Shadow goes...but I think he will make an appearance.

Top Bottom