• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knuckles for Brawl!

Del Money

Smash Champion
i dont see much of Stryks negativity but then again i didnt see the previous posts

Look im not negative I just use common sense:
that was pretty funny and yeah i agree with most of it being common sense

But wait why if they choose knuckles?! U know the sidekick instead of the hero!
Knux is no sidekick. he aint nobody's biznitch

Its like makin a superhero game and u add robin and not batman, addin luigi in smash but not mario, addin zelda but not link, u c its ********...

If the rster is like this:

1) snake - konami
2) sonic - sega
3) ???

What in HELL gives sega rites fro 2 characters in smash? not only would it be unfair for every single company out there, but would be unfair for konami who already has a spot, konami will go "hey why did they get 2 spots and we only got one?!" that spot could have been for capcom, thus we get megaman, or namco = pacman, or if by some act of god we get another konami character, we could get grey fox, which is IMO uber awesome over knuckles...

Sorry for using common sense here, sue me...
i dont agree. konami only ask for Snake to be included and no one else. and no other 3rd party companies (to our knowledge) have asked nintendo to put in any of their characters. its been nintendo doing the asking and probably will continue to be nintendo doing the asking. so your common sense argument ended at the part where you said there are only 2 more slots max for 3rd party and that a secondary character to the franchises main mascot could not possibly take one of them. end of discussion. all in all, Knux isnt in.

@Chief Mendez
sry but i think Knux would be a good candidate for brawl given his fighting nature

and at the risk of sounding "negative" ill say it anyway...Knux cant possibly make it to brawl unfortunately, there not much more to discuss unless people just want to make imaginary movesets for fun.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
I really doubt it. First of all, Sonic would NEED to be in first. That, and 2-3 Third Party Characters. Why waste it on the same series? That space could be used for Ralph Wiggum!

J-Red

Smash Cadet
Knuckles is one of my all-time favorite characters from any game. There's no one I'd rather see in brawl more than Knuckles, but Stryks is right. There's no way he's getting in before Sonic and there's no way Sega will get 2 spots before Capcom gets 1. I will be shocked if Knuckles actually makes the cut.

BTW that moveset was horrible. Totally unoriginal. The only move that wasn't already a move for someone else was the final smash.

Del Money

Smash Champion
you mean this thread is still open? wow...LAME. look i like Knux, hes my favorite from the Sonic series. but Tails would definitely make it over him and even Tails chances are pretty much none.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
very, very, very cool indeed but I believe he will be unlikely since he's 3rd party and Sakurai stated that probably 3 characters max would make it as 3rd party but yea Knuckles rocks, and I would like to see him along side Sonic in Brawl!!

Truce

Smash Cadet
We all know that Sonic needs to be in before Knuckles has any chance at all. Apart from that though, Knuckles would be a pwnage character.

And hey, If Pokemon Trainer happened, anything could happen.

Knuckles > Tails

Del Money

Smash Champion

SonicMario

Smash Master
This is a liitle situation that explains why Knuckles does not have a chance as playable or perhaps not that much of an appearence at all. Be aware that this situation happensifwhen Sonic has been confirmed.

*Sakuauri & Sega Representaive walks in*
SegaRep: I am so pleased that our mascot has been put into your legendary game!

Sakauri: No i should be pleased that you let us use such an extroridnary character. he has an original moveset no one else has in the game.

SegaRep: Now i would like to ask the possibilit of another character.

Sakauri: You sure? I'm still getting bumped e-mails from capcom & hudson. I'd think that is unfair.

SegaRep: Nonsense, we will tell you the 2nd most popular in the franchise.

Sakauri: Well i'll listen as long it is original.

SegaRep: Our 2nd most popular character is... Shadow the Hedgehog!

Sakuari: -_- Shadow? Doesn't he have the same exact moves as Sonic? Wouldn't that make him more or less a clone?

SegaRep: Shadow is most popular character behind Sonic in the fanbase. And i know how your game is based on popularity of characters!

Sakuari: Sorry, but no thanks. Perhaps a sticker will be for shadow. Do you better characters to say?

SegaRep: Well there is Tails & Knuckles that would have a completely new moveset. But we don't care sh*t about them anymore! And besides if the fans want specific Mario & Sonic fun. They buy our game: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games!

Sakuari: I'd probably consider one of those 2 if you suggested him 1st. Goodbye, i need to update the DOJO right now.

SegaRep: Okay goodbye. It was nice talking!

*SegaRep leaves*

Sakuari: Today's update is a notice,.... That Sega sucks...
*End*

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, Knuckles? Nothnx, I like him and all, I like sonic too, but I'd hate
to see either of them in brawl, they don't seem to fit, even snake somehow...
works for me, sonic? Ummm, notrly...

:/

JGTC

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't see Sonic making Brawl based on Sega's utter stupidity, so Knux would be the Rocky of video games. And I'm a Knux fan, so don't flame me prx.

To me, that moveset seemed a little overpowered. That might just be my imaginative brain making molehills of thumbtacks, but eh.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
IMO Knuckles > Sonic. I would much rather play as Knuckles then Sonic.

Knuckles & Sonic in Brawl? We can dream my friends ... we can dream.

JGTC

Smash Cadet
That whole 3rd party characters thread where the dude destroyed Sega with his thoughts opened my eyes.

As a side note, every time I see the name Del Money I think of my car and I get sad.

Del Money

Smash Champion
That whole 3rd party characters thread where the dude destroyed Sega with his thoughts opened my eyes.
lol that was probably me
As a side note, every time I see the name Del Money I think of my car and I get sad.
?

anyways Knuckles chances are pretty much none. unless IcyDrifter wants to come to this thread and "confirm" for us that both Sonic and Knuckles are in brawl...yet again

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
First of all, that moveset needs some serious rethinking and balancing. Especially that bit about being as fast as Sheik. Try playing Sonic Battle, and you'll find he's quite Ganondorf-esque. And the nuclear emerald final. . .
Game over. Even if this was a quickie. Try again.

It doesn't really matter, anyway, Knux ain't got a chance for playable. Sega wouldn't let Knux in without having Tails in first. Tails is higher up on Sega's totem pole, as it were(Unfortunately). I also like Knux better than Tails, but Sega doesn't listen to their fans much, see. . .:ohwell:

Also, Tails was part of that hoax about Sonic being in melee if you beat Cruel Melee. Funny story, Akuma from Street Fighter was created after a similar hoax.

. . .Who wants to start a hoax about a swimsuit-themed Samus vs. Peach vs. Zelda match?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I came back to this thread for some reason, and now that Sonic has been confirmed, I think Knuckles definently has a chance as an assist trophy. But no, not as a playable character. I never meant to imply that he did have a chance.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
First of all, that moveset needs some serious rethinking and balancing. Especially that bit about being as fast as Sheik. Try playing Sonic Battle, and you'll find he's quite Ganondorf-esque. And the nuclear emerald final. . .
Game over. Even if this was a quickie. Try again.

It doesn't really matter, anyway, Knux ain't got a chance for playable. Sega wouldn't let Knux in without having Tails in first. Tails is higher up on Sega's totem pole, as it were(Unfortunately). I also like Knux better than Tails, but Sega doesn't listen to their fans much, see. . .:ohwell:

Also, Tails was part of that hoax about Sonic being in melee if you beat Cruel Melee. Funny story, Akuma from Street Fighter was created after a similar hoax.

. . .Who wants to start a hoax about a swimsuit-themed Samus vs. Peach vs. Zelda match?
I have a nice moveset in my Knuckles thread if you want to see that.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Knuckles does have a very little chance, but the update today didn't help his chances in any way.

Btw, Knuckles for Brawl :chuckle: he's my second most favourite video game character (Sonic being the first).

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
This update kind of decomfirmed Knuckles, Sakurai doesn't usually mention characters before he reveals them as playable characters. He keeps them secret, and does not mention them.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles is in it now....

It is "Angel Island Zone." It is a song from "Sonic The Hedgehog 3," in which Knuckles first appeared.

Why? Well you kinda have to think deeper. Sakurai wouldn't mention Knuckles if he had no reason of thinking about knuckles. And since knuckles is is brawl (mabey) sakurai was thinking about him and how cool knuckles is and had to mention him .

This is kinda like how he said ness isnt in the game secretly.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman

Sonic is a GUEST. If he were going to bring FRIENDS he would be bringing them VIA assist trophy.

Really, once the game comes out just to reveal how UNPLAYABLE some of these crappy predictions are, i'll laugh.

--

Knuckles won't be in. k

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok only sane people know that knuckles wont be a pc, maybe an AT, but NOT a pc, why? simply put sega wont get 2 reps, its unfair to konami, and all the rest of the 3rd parties, as it not only giving sega one more of the only 3 3rd party slots, but would somehow make them look as sega were top do, and sonic the hedgehog for the 360/ps3 and nights journey to dreams prove theyre NOT

and only the n00bs think knuckles will be playable

Tanzz

Smash Cadet
If hoping for Knuckles is wrong, then there's just no need to be right. You're probably correct that he won't end up as a PC for the sake of taking up another 3rd party slot with SEGA, since they already have 1 rep.

But personally, with my history in the sonic games, I really couldn't think of any single character that would be sicker in smash than Knuckles.

Good thread, Knuckles for brawl!

Santini

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, with today's mention, I think Knuckles has a decent chance at being playable. Here are some decent reasons:

1. Sakurai did say that they're would be more 3rd parties
2. Nintendo and Sega are seemingly very close at the moment
3. He has awesome moveset potential and would fit in flawlessly (not that this matters too much)

So I think his only obstacle is avoiding AT status.

Curse that ever growing category of misfits and rejects!

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I can't see Knuckles getting in over Tails. Even if Knuckles seems like a better character, Tails is Sonic's Luigi.

Top Bottom