• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Kirby needs to be able to copy more abilities. Like when he swallows items there should be specific powers Kirby gets. Even with smaller Pokemon and Assist Trophies too.
Do you realize how much programming that would require?

Kirby would take the space of at least three potential characters.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Okay from what it looks like, he has all of his same special moves except for Inhale. I did not see that yet. Prob because it's way too early in development. Also....

Sooo damn CUTE!!!

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
Kirby was overpowered. With the last smash games balancing is getting perfected. Maybe just some adjustments. Like making B-Up more like Ike's

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Kirby was overpowered. With the last smash games balancing is getting perfected. Maybe just some adjustments. Like making B-Down more like Ike's
What?

What are you on?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How the heck is Kirby overpowered?

And you just said Down B.

Troll?

grizby2

Smash Lord
what is this "over powered"? I never needed to buy one of these "over powered"s. heck I still have my "well-timed attacks" and "learn-to-dodge/mind tricks" in my back yard and they've never failed me yet. :troll:

but really Kirby isn't OP.
but if you eat rocks and tree bark as if they were candy like I do, nothing is OP. :ganondorf:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
His Final Smash will obv be that super charged sword swing from Return to DL,

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Mike Kirby would still be easy to avoid, probably. It would probably look the same as tabuu's attack.

Freaking LOL saying kirby is overpowered. I've played him since '12 and he hasn't done anything drastic since the first smash bros.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
But he could use it three times? Under certain time limit. Also the soundwaves would travel through the stage, getting bigger by every mike scream.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby for high tier MINIMUM! I'm probably gonna main him yet again, but this time I live in the US instead of PR, and in Cali no less! I'm gonna make sure to represent like crazy and develop his new metagame jntil he's banned. Just letting you guys know!

Now if ZSS makes a reappearance... Come on ZSS...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You better not leave me alone, bro. I may not have reshaped the Brawl Kirby metagame, but this is my chance!

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
I think that since he wasn't effective in brawl unless he was close quarters they should give him a little more priority and allow his moves to come out faster. He really was at a disadvantage distance-wise unless he was able to capture a decent copy from a good opponent with a good projectile.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
besides that i would like his air speed to be faster. he's sluggish on the ground and his air speed was slow enough to be predictable. if they could make his air speed as fast as jigglypuffs, then i think he would be more effective. oh more more priority on his moves sound nice too.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i think it'd be neat if kirby got powers based off of his existing kirby powers in his games - i doubt that'd happen, but it'd be cool.

Eat a mario or bowser and get kirby's traditional fire powers - eat a fox or a samus and get the plasma power - i dunno.

That could be fun.

Kirby is an awesome character, I just hope he's fun.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Gimpy, don't forget about Laser Kirby for when he copies Fox! :D

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I would like that indeed. Get Plasma, run back and forth (with no tripping! YEAH!), and shoot a Samus-esque blast, or a homing arrow, etc etc... Plus all the other moves, as well. That would make me very happy.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I'm comin' back to rep Kirby as well as soon as this awesome game comes out! Sorry about the 5-month hiatus, fellow Kirby buddies, I just saw Brawl as a dead-end job at this point...

Anyway, only thing I'd want changed in Kirby's arsenal would be his d-tilt. I want the little footslide hit he has in just about all of his games. It would have so much combo potential. Aside from that, I guess they can tinker around with his B attacks, but I wouldn't want anything changed from his smashes or aerials...aside from maybe the speed and priority of them lol.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby's usmash could be altered a bit, imo. Besides that, dsmash and fsmash are good to go.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Looks like his dash is the same as in Brawl. Was kinda hoping the dash would be different to keep with tradition of Kirby always getting a new dash in each edition.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I'm comin' back to rep Kirby as well as soon as this awesome game comes out! Sorry about the 5-month hiatus, fellow Kirby buddies, I just saw Brawl as a dead-end job at this point...

Anyway, only thing I'd want changed in Kirby's arsenal would be his d-tilt. I want the little footslide hit he has in just about all of his games. It would have so much combo potential. Aside from that, I guess they can tinker around with his B attacks, but I wouldn't want anything changed from his smashes or aerials...aside from maybe the speed and priority of them lol.
Wumbo, i challenge you to a kirby ditto when smash 4 comes out!

grizby2

Smash Lord
I think they should give Kirby an extra utility with the little star he pops out when he taunts with a power.
the little star should become a throwable item, kinda like Kirby 64.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I think they should give Kirby an extra utility with the little star he pops out when he taunts with a power.
the little star should become a throwable item, kinda like Kirby 64.
That....would be awesome

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
What I want for his moveset.

More moves from Hammer. When he dashes, he should do the Hammer Spin. And two versions of the airborne Hammer Swing. Simply jumping, he wing the hammer vertically. But, when he jumps after dashing, he swings it horizontally.

Now, for Cutter. On the ground, he should do the cutter combo(Cleaving, Nonstop, Final). hold the B button to throw the Boomerang Blade. in the air, he simply does the Final Cutter.

Also, make his Upward Strong Attack the Stone Uppercut from Return to Dream Land, since he has the ability.

Lucykinz

Smash Rookie
There seems to be alot of good ideas for Kirby so far to add to his gameplay. The one thing about his slowness and lack of priority that people seem to forget is it kinda shows off his cute and innocent appeal. I think all the smash games did a wonderful job representing his adorableness. In the trailer last week there was a shot of Kirby running with his stubby arms in the air trying to keep up with everyone else, so cute ^-^

As for a final smash, ultra sword or and improved cook Kirby would work. I also wouldn't mind seeing the mass attack, when 10 Kirby's pile onto an enemy from said game. It would also add to the cuteness if they said "poyo" while doing so.

Finally, can we have the Melee "hii-aai-iii" back?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Finally Kirby has changed from his Melee appearance to look... much more gummy and edible? I will still have Kirby as my main of course. If he looks this good in Smash Bros, I can't wait to see what he will look like in his games, just imagine what Plasma and Tornado Kirby caps will look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom