• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Oh, newcomers and your imaginations. They so crazy, it's cute.

U-tilt is our savior, it's the bacon of the gonzo combo. It's wario's biggest weakness, which eventually turned the Kirby/Wario mu even.

PRAISE U-TILT.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I remember when I figured out by myself that utilt was great against Wario. That was a good day, his farts always annoyed me... And they still did, but less so since I wasn't at as much risk as I was before.

Can't wait for Smash 4 Kirby WOO!

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I hope Sakurai is more creative with Kirbys moveset.

Like forward Smash being Wheel Kirby. He skids in an idle position, screeching tires, and does a quick U-turn.

I found Kirby 64 to be the most creative with the powers. It would be such a nostalgia boner to see those incorporated into Kirbys moves.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Considering Sakurai makes the Kirby games and the SSB games he's likely given Kirby the moves he thinks best represent the character and I doubt his thoughts have changed.

Plus Kirby already has enough crazy mechanics with all his hats - giving him moves like Wheel, Mike or Beam would just be a bit much. As much as like the idea of incorporating some of his other powers, I also don't think it's very likely. If they change any of his moves it would be a standard attack, something that he doesn't need to transform for (Wheel) or use a weapon for (Sword), like how some his throws are based on that Grapple ability, some of his smashes on the Fighter ability and his dash on the Yo-Yo ability (or Burn Ability, depending on the version you prefer).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kirby already has enough crazy mechanics with all his hats - giving him moves like Wheel, Mike or Beam would just be a bit much would be awesome and appropriate to the character.
Fixed, in green

Considering Sakurai makes the Kirby games and the SSB games he's likely given Kirby the moves he thinks best represent the character and I doubt his thoughts have changed.
The way that Kirby is designed feels like Sakurai felt guilty that Kirby was a good character back in N64 Smash. Since Kirby was his character, Sakurai had to nerf him harder than any other character - much like how a father is much more strict when it comes to his own son.

I feel that Sakurai mostly overlooks Kirby; he puts most of his attention into other characters and other aspects of each Smash game that launches. It's as if Sakurai thinks Kirby doesn't need much more than minor tweaks here and there - except for that Dash Attack for some reason.

I feel like if Kirby doesn't get a new Dash Attack in Smash 4, then we can't expect anything to change with him. XD

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Much like a strict father he is much less strict and open with his grandchild(Meta Knight) and spoils his brothers son(Dedede).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Not gonna lie: a Slide Kick for a d-tilt would be awesome.
Actually, I wouldn't even mind if it was his D-special. XD

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i think its best suited for down tilt, cuz in the games, when you duck, and attack, you slide. no power up needed, so using the slide attack as a down special would take away a more useful ability

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Up Smash: Needle Kirby.

-Spike hat appears on his head and Kirby thrust his body upwards. Somewhat similar to bowser but smaller and has a tipper affect on the middle. No landing hitbox.

Down Smash: Leaf Kirby.

Leaves a whirled around Kirby like a pseudo-tornado. Multi hit move with strong ending hitbox. Not a kill move, more of a gtfo move.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
if i were to revamp kirby's moveset, id use mostly abilities from kirbys return to dreamland

Jab.
vulcan punch, or 100 whip strike

dash attack:
wave surf or condor head or ice ball

Tilts:
F tilt: quad shock
U tilt: either leaf uppercut, or rock uppercut, or hammer flipr, or geyeser or mega needle, or rising gust
D tilt. slide tackle

Smashes.
F Smash. Smash punch
D smash. water crown, or smoke screen
U smash: rising break

Aerials:
F air: air puff
B air: reverse spear strike
U air: moon sommersault kick
D air: beam blast, or falling gust
N air: giga giant hammer swing or super ice sprinkle

Specials:
Up special: Final cutter or whip tornado
D Special: rock or inferno or spark attack or rainbow rain, or blossom storm, or ice storm
F special: hammer or wave beam or spark arrow (chargeable to spark laser and then to spark wave. includes spark barrier which functions similar to megamans leaf shield)
N special: inhale

grabs:
F throw: beam capture
B throw: judo throw
U throw: air drop
D throw: double lash

Final smash:
crash kirby, or mike kirby, or ultra sword,

Misc.
shield should be the ice block
all attacks work the same as in kirby's return to dreamland but modified for knockback

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Not sure it really fits as a Utilt but I like how Leaf Uppercut acts as a shielding move.

Other interesting moves I've seen when looking stuff up (not done yet):
-Spark Barrier: Maybe a new down B. The move lasts a short while, during which you have no control over movement (you kinda plummet if airborne) but can press the button repeatedly to widen the aura. Should probably have a fair amount of ending lag.
-Fire Spin: Is basically an aerial Hammer (Brawl style) reskin.
-Fireball: Still as awesome as ever, maybe upgrading to Crystal Shards' Phoenix Dash would broaden the appeal.
-Fire Spin: Like a cross between Fireball and Spin Dash with wall climbing properties. Would added visual redundancy with characters such as Sonic, Yoshi and Jigglypuff (an already similar design) but could potentially be a beneficial change were the Fireball to be revisited.
-Monster Fire: FS at best and seriously OP looking but undeniably cool.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
More moves I like:
-Whip Tornado: Doesn't have the jack of all trades, ace of none aspect I liked about Final Cutter but would still make a great Up B with a possible alternative grounded use such as 100 Whip Strike.
-Exhale: Should not be a standard attack but maybe on the 6th press of the jump button in midair (i.e. after Kirby is out of jumps) it could trigger. It would have little range and be accompanied by an increase in fall speed but would decrease Kirby's size and thus that of his hurtbox while potentially pushing away a foe. May have a small infinite range wind effect like G&W's bike pump in Brawl but slightly less.
-Parasol Drill: Probably a powerful Fsmash or potentially a Forward B with floaty properties in the air.
-Circus Throw: Should definitely be in Kirby's throw arsenal.
-Rainbow Rain: Not sure where to put this but it seems fitting for a Kirby Moveset.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i guess the air puff wouldnt do damage, even though it does in the game, but it could have an air box propery like game and watches up air, excpet sideways.

a perfect gimping move if done right, but if its only on the 6th jump, its risky... i like that style.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
If it's only the 6th jump and it leads to a slightly lower level of floatiness (which it logically should), I don't see why it couldn't do 2-3% up close, windbox at further away. After all, it would have a lot of drawback.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
so it cou
If it's only the 6th jump and it leads to a slightly lower level of floatiness (which it logically should), I don't see why it couldn't do 2-3% up close, windbox at further away. After all, it would have a lot of drawback.
to it could be just like g&w uair, just a sidways version.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm hoping they don't nerf my puffball :l

I will be really upset if it were to happen... What I got out of the trailer is that he turns into stone Kirby a tad faster.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
*The intuitive guide to make a pro Kirby player*

Up B

Down B

FSmash

Dash Attack

Occassional swallowcide

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Lol. Stone is useful on Corneria and that's it. Up B is occasionally decent, aids recovery and can be a projectile for gimping really slow recoveries if you don't feel like going off stage and doing things properly. Fsmash is ok but tilt is usually better. Dash is situational and I haven't honestly learnt what situations Brawl's is good for. Swallowcide is awesome.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
OHHHH HOHO, Stone is more than useful for me than you guys think, bros.

I don't limit my attacks in when playing competitively, I take advantage of them at the right time.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
personally I feel like Kirby's moveset should have more of his game abilities. He has like, one non-special move based off of an actual ability.

At the very least his whip should be his grab and his dash attack should be changed to the Needle Kirby roll.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
there are many abilities kirby could use for any attack.

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
More of his attacks need to be his copy powers.
FireBall as his dash attack
Spike as his Up Smash
Freeze as His Down Smash
etc.
Please no not a fire ball dash attack since it made him one of the worst characters in melee and it was just bad >.<

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Please no not a fire ball dash attack since it made him one of the worst characters in melee and it was just bad >.<

Just because the fireball in melee was bad doesn't mean that they couldn't edit the move to be quicker, have more range, more knockback, etc in the next installment. Everyone here seems to think that if a move is changed it will weaken a character. The moves that characters have need to be weakened or strengthened to balance them out and just because a move is changed for the worse doesn't mean that another move wasn't changed for the better, or the range/knockback/damage of an existing attack was altered as well. If every character only had strengths and no weaknesses the game wouldn't be as fun.
More importantly,
Why you replying to a comment I made a year ago?

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
Just because the fireball in melee was bad doesn't mean that they couldn't edit the move to be quicker, have more range, more knockback, etc in the next installment. Everyone here seems to think that if a move is changed it will weaken a character. The moves that characters have need to be weakened or strengthened to balance them out and just because a move is changed for the worse doesn't mean that another move wasn't changed for the better, or the range/knockback/damage of an existing attack was altered as well. If every character only had strengths and no weaknesses the game wouldn't be as fun.
More importantly,
Why you replying to a comment I made a year ago?
*shrugs* idk maybe beacause the idea of the weak melee fire ball making it back made me react so badly since the fire ball made kirby a punching bag in melee but if it gets atleast more range(like the brawl dash attack) and a little bit more power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom