• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Unofficial P:M 3.01 Alt GFX! Ice/Fire Mario Updated to v3.01 and Mega Charizard X.

Shadow Pikachu, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Mewtwo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Dry Bowser and Dry Giga Bowser are done. Would a video be necessary?

Expect them as soon as I can get through the 503s at the Forums.

Articles aren't possible at the moment. :\

Lol.
Awesome, a shame we can't have fire breath changed. But it's all cool because you're still doing an awesome job.

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice
I didn't really care about the effects lol, I just was hoping for maybe like an alt such as a different sonic model from one of the games, but the spin trails is a good idea too

spid3y916

Smash Cadet
I might take requests, depending on the character.

Request guidelines:
It has to be a character with an existing model on the Vault.
Is this restricted to Project M models only or could you change a custom model's effect? (For example: Ganonchu/Manchu shadow effects to electric ones)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
From the picture alone, I can't quite spot the different between yours and the standard Dry Bones Bowser. I don't use Bowser regularly though, so that could be it. Would you mind enlightening this fool?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
You shouldn't be so surprise King, you've always been high up there with the modders.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
What the heck is going on with brawl vault. They need to get this problem fixed.

Lakitwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lakitwo
Hey KingJiggly, since Lucas' Masked Man alt's sword has lightning around it, could you make his side smashes have an electrical effect to them?

girlfriend

Smash Rookie
Crap, totally forgot my username from 2006...anyway...

Some alts could be a Dark Samus(over Samus), Black Shadow(over Captain Falcon), Shadow(over Sonic) with Ganon/purple effects. They're in the Brawl Vault, but I can link you the costumes if you need them.
Deoxys would be fun over Mewtwo or Lucario, the costumes I have are the regular form and attack form but the bones don't fit very well.

Anyway, basically your taking existing PCS and PACS and refitting the bones and adding cool effects right? All I can think of as far as effects are fire, electric, blue fire(such as Lucario), purple(like Ganon), sparkle(idk, there was a PSA for Galaxy Mario that gave him sparkles for this spin attack(down B). Did I miss any effects?

Also how are you modifying the effects? I'm still trying to figure out how the backroom did the Alt Peach effects without changing the PSA. Is it the FitPeachEntry06 PAC? What does that do?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Oh, King, a lot of people want Pikachu with Iron Tail for his tail attacks, think you can do that?

And I mean that for all of his costumes, I know it would take a long time so if you can then just leave it for whenever you're up for the challenge.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
To help not clutter up the thread, I put all my replies in the spoiler box below.

As for the Vault link, it's up now.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35360

Maybe give the costumes he already have color specific run trails/ spin trails?
I could see if I could do that.

Though I think that Sonic already has costume specific run trails.

I didn't really care about the effects lol, I just was hoping for maybe like an alt such as a different sonic model from one of the games, but the spin trails is a good idea too
I'm not a modeler. Only a PSA coder. :\

Is this restricted to Project M models only or could you change a custom model's effect? (For example: Ganonchu/Manchu shadow effects to electric ones)
Yes. I should do a Manchu alt for the lols.

or maybe an ice mario alt?
Sure. I could possibly replace the Wario or Brown/Black recolor.

For mega charizard x, wouldn't it make sense if his csp said "special 1" instead of "color 6"?
There's a CSP for that on the Vault Download. Click on "Show CSPs".

From the picture alone, I can't quite spot the different between yours and the standard Dry Bones Bowser. I don't use Bowser regularly though, so that could be it. Would you mind enlightening this fool?
I did nothing for the model.

It's purely PSA edits for PMBR's Dry Bowser to have blue effects, rather than red effects.

You shouldn't be so surprise King, you've always been high up there with the modders.
I agree .

You're way up there with Shun and Galaga and Xenosaga
Wow. Thanks.

What the heck is going on with brawl vault. They need to get this problem fixed.
word,
thought it was just me
The Forums are kinda under a DDOS right now. At least that's the most reasonable conclusion the Admins of the Forums can come up with.

Hey KingJiggly, since Lucas' Masked Man alt's sword has lightning around it, could you make his side smashes have an electrical effect to them?
Sure.

Some alts could be a Dark Samus(over Samus), Black Shadow(over Captain Falcon), Shadow(over Sonic) with Ganon/purple effects. They're in the Brawl Vault, but I can link you the costumes if you need them.
Deoxys would be fun over Mewtwo or Lucario, the costumes I have are the regular form and attack form but the bones don't fit very well.
I could do Dark Samus, but I should add to the guidelines that the alt must be a variation of the character. So no Black Shadow or Shadow. :\

Anyway, basically your taking existing PCS and PACS and refitting the bones and adding cool effects right? All I can think of as far as effects are fire, electric, blue fire(such as Lucario), purple(like Ganon), sparkle(idk, there was a PSA for Galaxy Mario that gave him sparkles for this spin attack(down B). Did I miss any effects?
The only bone edit I did was for Mega Charizard X, so you wouldn't see the red tail flames. I already know all the elements Brawl uses. I think the Galaxy Mario PSA uses the same GFX as the P:M version.

Also how are you modifying the effects? I'm still trying to figure out how the backroom did the Alt Peach effects without changing the PSA. Is it the FitPeachEntry06 PAC? What does that do?
Well in a sense, you do have to edit the PSA file for the effects.
If you want an effect that's slot specific, then this is the coding you need to do:

Code:
If Compare: LA-Basic[54] == *Costume slot*
*Alt's coding*
Else
*Normal coding*
EndIf
For the costume slot, use Scalar as the variable and the number from the pac/pcs that you want to use.

Ex: For my Mega Charizard X, the Turquoise Charizard slot is FitPokeLizardon05.pac/.pcs, so I would use 5 as my variable for the If Compare command.

Take note that making any edits to the PSA file will make it unsafe for Wifi, unless you and your friend(s) have the edited FitChar.pac file.

Oh, King, a lot of people want Pikachu with Iron Tail for his tail attacks, think you can do that?

And I mean that for all of his costumes, I know it would take a long time so if you can then just leave it for whenever you're up for the challenge.
I could make the metal sfx upon contact happen. Though I would need a custom model for a steel tail.

I would love to have a Dark Bowser with darkness effects on his: neutral b (if possible), forward smash, pummel, forward throw, side special, and forward air.
.pac download .pcs download
Sure. I could do Dark Bowser, but I can't do anything for Flame Breath at the moment.

Your work is amazing
Thanks.

Captain Falchion!

Maybe adding slash GFX and SFX to his FTilt, DTilt, UTilt, Nair, Uair, Fair, Jab3 and ledge attack
Yes. That is another great idea!

also, this is a good thread for the modding scenes, keep up the good work! :3
Thanks.

Last edited:

girlfriend

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the code KingJigglypuff, I'll get right on it once I'm home, can't wait.

EDIT: crap, that's not the GCT code you're editing is it. Care to enlighten me on what file I'm editing for the "If Compare: LA-Basic"...

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Mr. L is done.

Should I release this now? Or when I have the other planned alts done?

EDIT: crap, that's not the GCT code you're editing is it. Care to enlighten me on what file I'm editing for the "If Compare: LA-Basic"...
It's the character's PSA file.

Looks like you'll be busy, eh King? I wish you luck then.
Thanks for the support.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Go for it now man. Also if you can (which I'm not sure if you can) make his side special have an electric trail instead of a fire trail behind him.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Some guy released recolors of Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pikachu, and Mewtwo on the vault just today. They're all colored like XD001/Shadow Lugia. If you want, you should add dark effects to some of their moves.

Edit: Please note, I'm not requesting. I'm giving you ideas, if you don't like an idea, I'll find another one.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Hey King, some guy in the alternate costume thread is saying that it`s possible to change Luigi`s fireball on a costume to costume basis like Mario`s. Is this true?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Anyway possible to give ice mario ice balls instead of fire? If not, then it's fine.
I'm not too sure...

There might be a way I could do so.

Some guy released recolors of Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pikachu, and Mewtwo on the vault just today. They're all colored like XD001/Shadow Lugia. If you want, you should add dark effects to some of their moves.

Edit: Please note, I'm not requesting. I'm giving you ideas, if you don't like an idea, I'll find another one.
Maybe...

I'll put up a poll to see if people would like it or not.

Hey King, some guy in the alternate costume thread is saying that it`s possible to change Luigi`s fireball on a costume to costume basis like Mario`s. Is this true?
I'll have to see what they're saying and what the coding is.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I like the work you did for Mr. L, but one thing bothered me. I figured you were just going to do the powerful hand strikes with electricity, but it seems like every strike using his hands contains electric gfx. Is there a way to change it so that only Fsmash, fair, and UpB have the electric effect?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'll have to see what they're saying and what the coding is.
Well I`ll just tell you what the person who told me said. "Mario has a fireball and Luigi has a fireball so therefore they are the same." I mainly came here because he won`t shut up until he get`s a professional hacker`s say on the subject.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I like the work you did for Mr. L, but one thing bothered me. I figured you were just going to do the powerful hand strikes with electricity, but it seems like every strike using his hands contains electric gfx. Is there a way to change it so that only Fsmash, fair, and UpB have the electric effect?
Sure.

I'll make a version with only those 3 attacks have the effect.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Well I`ll just tell you what the person who told me said. "Mario has a fireball and Luigi has a fireball so therefore they are the same." I mainly came here because he won`t shut up until he get`s a professional hacker`s say on the subject.
Oh.

Well in that case, I might give the coding from Mario's fireball a try.

Though they are not the same thing. Mario's fireball loads from Mario and Luigi's fireball loads from Luigi. If they were the same, then there would be a massive conflict between the two.

Edit: I looked at the coding for the Fireball alt, and I'd rather not risk messing up Luigi's fireball at the moment.

Thank you. You really are the king.
You're welcome. The download has been updated with two versions.

Version 1 has all hand attacks and Side Special with electric effects. Version 2 only has Forward Smash, Forward Air, and Up Special with the electric effects.

Top Bottom