• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Unofficial P:M 3.01 Alt GFX! Ice/Fire Mario Updated to v3.01 and Mega Charizard X.

Shadow Pikachu, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Mewtwo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Hey, guys/girls. It's likely none of you know who I am, so I'll give a brief breakdown...

I'm a PSA modder (mainly vBrawl) at KC:MM Forums. Though I figured out how the PMBR managed to get slot specific effects (i.e. Fire Peach and Shadow Peach). So I thought I might pick that up and make some alt modifications...

Released Alts:

Mega Charizard X (replaces the Turquoise Charizard slot with Nanobuds and KTH's Mega Charizard X vertex).

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35353

Video:

Dry Bowser/Giga Bowser.

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35360

Mr. L

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35365

Masked Man Lucas.

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35389

Fire Mario.

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35453

Ice Mario.

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35454

Dark Bowser/Giga Bowser.

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35509

Elemental Mewtwo Slots.

Fire.

Electric.

Ice.

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35521

What's planned:

Various requests.

Captain Falchion. Making all of his attacks have slash effects.

Manchu. Making his dark attacks electric.

Requests are closed for now.

I might take requests, depending on the character.

Request guidelines:
It has to be a character with an existing model on the Vault.
It has to be some variation of the said character (ex: Ice Mario is okay, but Shadow the Hedgehog isn't).
It has to be a character that can fittingly use slot specific effects.
You'll have to give up one of your current slots.

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Red flamethrower on Charizard X is more appropriate as I believe all the fire attack effects stayed red in X and Y no matter what the flame coming out of his mouth would suggest. I personally see Charizard X as a special costume and not a recolor, but what do I know considering Fire Peach has different effects and a pony tail yet is still considered a recolor.

210stuna

Smash Lord
How come Luigi's green fireballs don't give a green burn effect when the enemy is hit with them?

Everyone else gets shocked, burned red, purple flames, everything else, but not green burns?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
How come Luigi's green fireballs don't give a green burn effect when the enemy is hit with them?

Everyone else gets shocked, burned red, purple flames, everything else, but not green burns?
Unfortunately, there is no such Flag that produces a sort of green GFX. :\

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Is there a way you can give Mega Charizard X's blue fire while retaining regular Charizard's size? According to Bulbapedia, they're both 5'07" and 1.7 m, so it would be nice if Mega Charizard X wasn't bigger for no real reason.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Is there a way you can give Mega Charizard X's blue fire while retaining regular Charizard's size? According to Bulbapedia, they're both 5'07" and 1.7 m, so it would be nice if Mega Charizard X wasn't bigger for no real reason.
Pokemon sizes are bull**** when you actually think about it.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Yes. I can do that.

Though I think the reason Nano did the size mod was to expand on the "Evolution size" thing.

Pokemon sizes are bull**** when you actually think about it.
Also this. Look at some of the Pokemon sizes in the Anime.

I still see this thread taking off. Very good work OP
Thanks.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Out of curiosity, will these effects work with the Wifi safe version of Mega Charizard X?

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
I think they will.

Since they're attached to the last tail bone for the alt, which I placed to be in the same spot as the FlameN bone.
Awesome. I want to keep all my alts Wifi-Safe for when I release my build, so this should be perfect. Can't wait to try out Mega Charizard X with the new effects.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Would you mind telling me how exactly you got to use the GFX through the ACE? I haven't had much time to do much custom work, but I'd love to try this out some time. :3

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
For those who are looking forward to this unofficial alt, expect it sometime today.

Would you mind telling me how exactly you got to use the GFX through the ACE? I haven't had much time to do much custom work, but I'd love to try this out some time. :3
If you want an effect that's slot specific, then this is the coding you need to do:

Code:
If Compare: LA-Basic[54] == *Costume slot*
*Alt's coding*
Else
*Normal coding*
EndIf
For the costume slot, use Scalar as the variable and the number from the pac/pcs that you want to use.

Ex: For my Mega Charizard X, the Turquoise Charizard slot is FitPokeLizardon05.pac/.pcs, so I would use 5 as my variable for the If Compare command.

Take note that making any edits to the PSA file will make it unsafe for Wifi, unless you and your friend(s) have the edited FitChar.pac file.

Nice work!
Thanks.

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
Hey, could you possibly make a CSP for Mega Charizard without the Color bars?
I've been using portraits without the color bars and was wondering if you had one without...

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
It's likely Nano is in school right now, so expect Mega Charizard X in about 2+ hours.

Hey, could you possibly make a CSP for Mega Charizard without the Color bars?
I've been using portraits without the color bars and was wondering if you had one without...

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
This is awesome, simply awesome. I can't wait to see more of your awesome work.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Awsome alt but it doesn't have the fsmash or upspecial effects like in the pictures

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I just want to say that I could care less about Charizard as a character, but I absolutely love this and am adding it to my build immediately. Perhaps I will have to pick up Charizard as an excuse to see it more.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Besides Dry Bowser, does anyone have any suggestions for possible alts?

This is awesome, simply awesome. I can't wait to see more of your awesome work.
Thanks.

You will once I get working on Dry Bowser.

Awsome alt but it doesn't have the fsmash or upspecial effects like in the pictures
You need to put the FitLizardon.pac and FitPokeTrainerEff.pac files onto your SD Card.

As for the Forward Smash, that image was taken before I did the additional GFX work.

I just want to say that I could care less about Charizard as a character, but I absolutely love this and am adding it to my build immediately. Perhaps I will have to pick up Charizard as an excuse to see it more.
Thanks.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Just realized that after I made the comment thanks. Charizard looks much better with the accurate size and no red tail flame.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Also, I remember you now, you made a Ganondorf PSA a long time ago. When I first got into Brawl modding it was the first one I ever played with. Is your old PSA thread still up?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Electric effects for Mr. L would be a good place to start.

If you can change Link's bombs and bow&arrow for OoT Link, that would be cool but I'm not sure if possible.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Alright.

Which attacks to be specific? All of them?

I haven't played any of the Paper Mario games with him in them.
I'd probably put them only on strong hand attacks. F-Smash most definitely, maybe Fair. That way it could reference Mario & Luigi and Luigi's Thunder Hand at the same time.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
For those who downloaded just now, please re-download.

I fixed an issue with the Forward Smash.

I'd probably put them only on strong hand attacks. F-Smash most definitely, maybe Fair. That way it could reference Mario & Luigi and Luigi's Thunder Hand at the same time.
Alright then.

Could you do something like this on Roy?
I'm not a texture person. :\

Though I could see how simply recoloring would do.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
That Mega Charizard doe. It exemplifies badassery. Great job man.

Out of curiousity, the size modded one is the one that is bigger, right? I send right for the not-size modded version, but wanted to make sure.

Awakening Roy?
This. Please make it happen.

I would also like to request for Vanguard/Lord Ike or Awakening Marth
Light Suit Samus would also be pretty cool.
Whichever you feel is the most appropriate of course. But Awakening Roy would be a dream come true

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761

Could you do something like this on Roy?
I've no doubt that Shun_One will do something for Roy in the same vein as he did with Link/Marth. We just have to be patient for him.

Whichever you feel is the most appropriate of course. But Awakening Roy would be a dream come true
He was referring to special effects, not textures. Shun_One is going to make or has made both of those so far. Not sure about Light Suit Samus, but check Brawl Vault. He has an Awakening Marth there.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Thanks.

If I were a modeler, then I'd do those things. :\

I should possibly specify that in the OP.

Also people should take note that these unofficial alts will have to take an existing slot. Since I don't have access to P:M's costume engine.

Top Bottom