• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
- Everyone here if King K. Rool is at E3 -

- Everyone here if King K. Rool isn't at E3 -

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Watching the Smash direct and seeing King K. Rool and Dixie Kong double reveal.

(someone should edit that someday)

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Ehh, so fellas how do we feel about Fortnite being confirmed just a little bit ago?

Was that an easy call or does it corroborate anything?

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Ehh, so fellas how do we feel about Fortnite being confirmed just a little bit ago?

Was that an easy call or does it corroborate anything?
I haven't seen a single character leak for Smash that featured one of those games leaked (Fortnite, Paladins and other games...)
I can only say, if that is all we get from Nintendo E3, that's going to be terrible.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Too son king K rool is mor elikely than Ridley at this point

Especially from the ballot votes and that the costume shows k rool is on sakurai radar

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
but don't forget GUYS! if K.ROOL is not at this E3.
that doesn't mean that he is not in the game :)

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Honestly I don’t think K Rool will be a t E3, I expect him and Dixie in a direct trailer together.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Correct if k rool is not revealed at E3 he's not down and out

That's till the full roster is revealed including dlc and he's not in it

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Honestly, I'm kinda in the camp that thinks DLC is his best shot. He has a passionate fanbase that would definitely buy him, and he would create a lot of buzz as a DLC announcement, especially if he did well on the ballot.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, it’s hard to say one way or another tbh since we don’t fully know the direction Sakurai is approaching Smash Switch with. If it’s really “the ultimate roster” he may be going full fanservice right out the gate, or he may save some.

June 12th will really tell us what we need to know in that regard.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh.. So, 6 days left? Where did those other days go? Well glad it'll be soon. Getting tired of the "leaks" and the fake hype around it.

Not confident K.Rool will be shown as a newcomer if DK and Diddy aren't gonna be shown first, or anything remotely DKC. I'd love it if they would reveal newcomers much like Inklings. Like just out of the blue, thinking it's totally not Smash-related, and then.. suddenly that logo.

Regardless if K.Rool shows up in Smash or not, I expect him to return to a new DKC game if there's gonna be one. If say, there would be a new DKC, and K.Rool and the Kremlings return in that, and stay there forever as they where intended.. I think that would be a bigger victory than having K.Rool in Smash honestly.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Personally I don't expect to see K. Rool at E3, it would be lovely of course, but considering that it's the media and marketing event I'm not sure K. Rool fits into it. I fully expect that the first party characters they choose to reveal won't just be there to sell Smash, but also other games that are currently on the shelves, and they'll also want the characters to be recognizable to younger audiences, so I don't see it as the obvious place to reveal him. Of course that would change if a new DKC game with him as the villain is also revealed, but with Retro working on Star Fox and the Tropical Freeze port having just come out I wouldn't bet on it happening.

I think K. Rool could be revealed at any given time after that really, as much as it'd be a painful wait I feel like the ideal moment for him could be as the last newcomer to be revealed pre-release, just for that one last hype boost that'd really get the veteran Nintendo fans going. I'd even say there's a very slight chance he could be an unlockable, but only if they value relevancy as the most important thing as far as marketing the game goes, and I do admit it's a bit of a longshot since fan demand would be what'd get him in. The point is that I think there's reason to keep up hope of K. Rool being in until the very end, he's in a very unique situation where he's highly anticipated but not very marketable to the wider audience, so no matter what happens just keep your heads up.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Personally I don't expect to see K. Rool at E3, it would be lovely of course, but considering that it's the media and marketing event I'm not sure K. Rool fits into it. I fully expect that the first party characters they choose to reveal won't just be there to sell Smash, but also other games that are currently on the shelves, and they'll also want the characters to be recognizable to younger audiences, so I don't see it as the obvious place to reveal him. Of course that would change if a new DKC game with him as the villain is also revealed, but with Retro working on Star Fox and the Tropical Freeze port having just come out I wouldn't bet on it happening.

I think K. Rool could be revealed at any given time after that really, as much as it'd be a painful wait I feel like the ideal moment for him could be as the last newcomer to be revealed pre-release, just for that one last hype boost that'd really get the veteran Nintendo fans going. I'd even say there's a very slight chance he could be an unlockable, but only if they value relevancy as the most important thing as far as marketing the game goes, and I do admit it's a bit of a longshot since fan demand would be what'd get him in. The point is that I think there's reason to keep up hope of K. Rool being in until the very end, he's in a very unique situation where he's highly anticipated but not very marketable to the wider audience, so no matter what happens just keep your heads up.
At the very least we'll get a direction the roster is going in. Like if Sakurai adds a highly requested character it increases K. Rool's chances. It could also confirm a leak which as K. Rool in it.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
But show me this blessed leak you speak of! For some reason these leaks have me down. Even though they're crappy they're making me think K. Rool's a goner again.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But show me this blessed leak you speak of! For some reason these leaks have me down. Even though they're crappy they're making me think K. Rool's a goner again.
It has Porky and Samurai Goroh on it and very few "relevant" newcomers. Just about 3% chance it's real anyway.

Can't find it tho, ask the general thread.

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
That's the list:

Ice Climbers
Mimikyu
Elma
Chorus Kids
Takamaru
Dixie Kong
Wolf
Ridley
K. Rool
Medusa
Porky Minch (in spider mech)
Samurai Goroh
Simon Belmont
Sora
Geno & Mallow (team)
Snake

Too good to be true, I'd be in heaven with such a roster, and not only because of K.Rool, Dixie, Ridley and Wolf.
I just found out I loved Medusa although I never knew her, and never played an Icarus Game before.
She looks sooo badass, and we have ZERO villain females.

But this leak only relies on fan favorite characters, it is just a fan wishlist.
He just copied the other Ridley / Belmont leak, and added Geno/Mallow because of the twitt.
+ The heroes vs villains theme...I love it but I have a hard time believing Sakurai and his team would do this, they never cared about that sort of things.
Only fans complain of the lack of villains
Besides Bowser is standing next to Mario in the teaser, it does make sense.

Talking consistently about it, makes it somewhat more believable for people, because he have no other leak besides the Ridley / Belmont one, so it remains in our heads.
But it really isn't.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

I was originally thinking E3 would be a great place to reveal K. Rool due to the fact he’s undeniably popular. K. Rool’s been leading most internet polls (yeah, polls are BS, but they’ve gotta have something) and they’d want to show off big names at E3. I was not expecting Ridley since I’d expect him to be unlockable, and they don’t usually go on about unlockables before release except third parties.

But...

If they want to hype people for Smash (as if it won’t sell itself), they know now which characters we want. Casuals will be hyped for big name third parties; it’s only the Nintendo fans that know about K. Rool and Ridley, and the whole backstory of who’s been requested. Nintendo fans and people who are interested in game discussions. Kinda like the exact audience at E3.

Don’t wanna say anything because I’m probably wrong, but E3 would be a great place to reveal both to maximum hype.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
They could just make a trailer with a bunch of characters thrown in there like the Brawl trailer... I mean, there doesn't HAVE to be a game coming out for a particular character to be shown for Smash. We could potentially see anyone revealed at E3.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
It has Porky and Samurai Goroh on it and very few "relevant" newcomers. Just about 3% chance it's real anyway.

Can't find it tho, ask the general thread.
Wow thanks. That is really some hulking roster. Snake, Porky, Simon, K. Rool... all singularly good enough for me.

Ganon K. Roolenstein

Smash Cadet
Some people say that K. Rool wouldn't be "E3 worthy." I thought that at first too, but then I remembered Palutena. Her reveal trailer was the final trailer showed off in Nintendo's E3 2014 video presentation. Sure, she was "relevant" at the time, but I doubt most normies knew who she even was. And Pac-Man of all characters was revealed behind closed doors. Yeeeeah.

I doubt K. Rool will be revealed at E3, but this whole "E3 worthy" thing seems like nonsense.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
So I just saw a Tweet as I left work saying Charles Martinet will voice Mario in Wreck-it-Ralph 2, which is hype! It made me think though....

What if this is a sign that Disney and Nintendo have been talking... what if Sora really does get into Smash and the Imgur rumor is legit...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So I just saw a Tweet as I left work saying Charles Martinet will voice Mario in Wreck-it-Ralph 2, which is hype! It made me think though....

What if this is a sign that Disney and Nintendo have been talking... what if Sora really does get into Smash and the Imgur rumor is legit...
To be honest, while that would certainly be a good roster overall, I just don’t honestly want Disney’s grubby fingers anywhere near Smash.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I saw a tweet saying that the source of that was IMDB, which is like Wikipedia - anyone can edit it. Before a movie's release, it's about as trustworthy as the time that IMDB listed 50 Cent as Epona's voice actor for Twilight Princess.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I saw a tweet saying that the source of that was IMDB, which is like Wikipedia - anyone can edit it. Before a movie's release, it's about as trustworthy as the time that IMDB listed 50 Cent as Epona's voice actor for Twilight Princess.
Now I'm imagining Epona rapping in TP... and she had the band-aid on her cheek.

I didn't see that it was IMBD I just saw the Tweet from Nintendo Life. NL made it sound like it was fact.... owell

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Hmm that news about Wreck It Ralph interests me a lot. It will probably be only my thinking and I know the reason but the original also had a colourful anthropomorphic obscure and forgotten end boss in the form of Neff from Altered Beast... If we are going down these tenuous ways.. I'm just saying...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I got a rumor

View attachment 146817

Could this be reliable?

Reminder the vergeben leak said minecraft could be a AT or stage
Not going to lie, I would probably literally die. And Banjo would make me forgive ANY other roster problems just about.

It’s probably just nonsense though. Adding it to the pile of random rumors unless this person has literally any credibility at all and even then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom