• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
What do you think K. Rool's minions would think if he got in the game? What do you think they think about Smash Bros?

Necky: That's nuts.
Zinger: I can't beelieve it.
Rockroc: GO! GO! GO!
Kutlass: I hope there are cuts.
Krusha: More reps is always good.
Bleak: There's snow chance in hell.
Kasplat: That would cause a shockwave in the community.
Klump: Fat chance.
Gnawty; I don't give a dam.
I think Kritters have a huge ego about getting into Smash before he did ha ha ha

good to see k rool is still on top but even if he got second it wouldnt really matter, both ridley and k rool deserve to be the top 2 imo

if only fan polls actually affected nintendos choices in some way

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
good to see k rool is still on top but even if he got second it wouldnt really matter, both ridley and k rool deserve to be the top 2 imo

if only fan polls actually affected nintendos choices in some way
They do really, if it wasn't for popularity, characters like Megaman, Little Mac, Wolf, etc. May not have ever gotten a chance. Sakurai pays attention to fan polls

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
King K. Rool is currently leading the Eventhubs Smash poll. That makes me happy. Go vote for him if you haven't already.

Here's the link: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...excited-see-super-smash-bros-nintendo-switch/
Nice to see Skull Kid number 1 Zelda character.

Also K Room hype is pretty contagious. I won't be upset if he's not in but his reveal would definitely bring me excitement even if he's not among my most wanted (he barely misses out top ten)

I'd love to see how he translates into the game.

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
They seem to be aware of characters'popularity, and fans like us are also aware of the characers'chances to make it.
Here are the pools results of the likely characters pre Sm4sh Wii U fromResetera:

Palutena - 66.39%
Shulk - 64.71%
Little Mac - 60.51%
Mega Man - 58.83%
Pac-Man - 57.15%
Bayonetta - 31.10%
Pokemon X/Y - 29.42%
Bowser Jr. - 22.69%
Mii - 20.17%
Lucina - 13.45%
Dark Pit - 9.25%
Robin - 5.89%
Rosalina - 4.21%
Ryu - 4.21%
Duck Hunt Dog - 3.36%
Villager - 0.84%
Cloud - 0.84%
Wii Fit Trainer - 0%
Corrin - 0%

They guessed the most obvious ones , and K.Rool is also high up there in the likely pool.

I'm still worried though.
Do you think Ridley making it could prevent K.Rool to join too ?
Two huge hype characters for fans at the same time, it's a bit big no ?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't see why it would make a difference. They're both highly requested characters, and from very different series.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
They seem to be aware of characters'popularity, and fans like us are also aware of the characers'chances to make it.
Here are the pools results of the likely characters pre Sm4sh Wii U fromResetera:

Palutena - 66.39%
Shulk - 64.71%
Little Mac - 60.51%
Mega Man - 58.83%
Pac-Man - 57.15%
Bayonetta - 31.10%
Pokemon X/Y - 29.42%
Bowser Jr. - 22.69%
Mii - 20.17%
Lucina - 13.45%
Dark Pit - 9.25%
Robin - 5.89%
Rosalina - 4.21%
Ryu - 4.21%
Duck Hunt Dog - 3.36%
Villager - 0.84%
Cloud - 0.84%
Wii Fit Trainer - 0%
Corrin - 0%

They guessed the most obvious ones , and K.Rool is also high up there in the likely pool.

I wouldn't be worried about that... I don't think Sakurai sees it that way.

Even if that WAS the case, usually Smash tends to get a nice even split of heavily requested newcomers from the east and west, Ridley can easily be seen as the wests "most requested" and K. Rool has been pointed out to be one of if not THE highest request in Japan. While Ridley would he hype for the US, Japanese fans would be midly hyped, K. Rool would be hype for the both of us. I think taking that into account we could realistically see both characters. I think K. Rool being popular in the east will be our saving grace.

Also don't believe these Ridley rumors... remember all the Ridley rumors when Smash 4 came about? There's alway's Ridley rumors... don't get me wrong I want to see Ridley but up believe it when I see it..

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
I admit Ridley rumors are slowly growing on me.

I don't know what to think of Vergeben's leak.
He has alwready leaked things in the past, so he's not a random leaker.
But he also got many things wrong, and his behaviour is suspicous
Apparently he edited previous wrong messages, and try to pretend he was aware of some leaks before they are revealed when he is not the autor.
He was not the autor of the Star Fox Grand prix' leak, but claimed he knew and was just holding it...why ? A leaker does not have any morale for that...
It shows he just wants recognition no matter what.
But then again, why would he lie about it, if he knows he will be finished at E3.
It is pretty soon.

On top of that there are the Resetera hints to Ridley in correlation, and that's what making me change my mind a bit.
I've heard they have alwready hinted at upcoming new games.
But they are also in contact with Emily Roger, who is not reliable at all from what I've heard, she could have misleaded them.
And Vergeben might have just transformed their hint into his own leak, not the first time he founds his infos on the Resetera forum.
But there is also MP4 coming, it would be the perfect time to make Ridley playable.

Ice Climbers are a given, Ridley is big pill too swallow, and Simon belmont is unlikely to me given the Kojima/Konami thing.
But that's just my opinion.

Not that I don't want Ridley, he's in my most wanted, but I hope he would just not prevent K.Rool from making it too.

There are soo many people convinced by Ridley's presence now, just imagine the disapointment if he is not at E3 Xd

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Getting K. Rool and Ridley simultaneously would be surreal for both fanbases given how conditioned they are to expect disappointment from Smash.

But the few people I've seen unironically saying we're likely to get one or the other are way off-base in my opinion. "Series reps" was already a terrible argument, and now we're extending that to "popularity reps" too? Fuhgeddaboutit.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
i dream for a K.ROOL, RIDLEY and waluigi reveal ! :D this is my BIG 3 . i got a big 4 with DIXIE but poor girl she dont want to be reveal in same time.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think they'd bring two very different playstyles to the board, which is what matters to Sakurai. Ridley would be an exceptional air fighter with a lot of vertical reach and potentially even a grappler, while K. Rool would likely be better on the ground and focus more on zoning with his vast array of projectiles and whatever else he might pull out of his hat (or krown if you will). I think the general feel of both characters would differ a lot even as far as movement goes, with Ridley's thin and long limbs he might be more agile but deceivingly light, while I imagine K. Rool would be the opposite where he might not be very agile but potentially the heaviest character in the game.

Sakurai is very open to including several newcomers of the same archetype as long as they bring something new to the table, just look at all the anime swordsfighters we got last game, yet they all play very differently. Ridley and K. Rool don't even have as much in common as those, they might both be big reptiles, but their frame is very very different, even if we just saw silhouettes of them we'd be able to distinguish them immediately.

With how we got a whopping zero heavy weights last game I can only imagine it'd be a bonus that both of them are big aswell.

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
If this game has a new director or even a co-director,, K. Rool may have a better chance. Someone who is Sakurai-skilled when it comes to Smash directing but has a better approach on Western requests.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Sakurai was the first person in nearly a decade to reference King K. Rool in any capacity. And not just a reference, explicitly give us a costume of the character himself that also revived his Rare era design. For all the apathy Sakurai has shown the DK series, he gave us the only new K. Rool content we've had for a long time. He heard us even if he didn't give us what we wanted last time. And although he didn't give us what we wantd, he didn't give us nothing.

You could do a lot worse at Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

If Ridley and King K. Rool both get revealed weather at separate times or together in whatever way Nintendo presents, Smash at E3 or whenever. Man I’d be grinning like a goof for a while, I doubt the leaks. But man do I hope deep down their true Metroid/Ridley fans deserve it. Only couple more weeks all will be known soon.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If K. Rool and Ridley both end up in Smash Switch and we keep most of roster from Smash 4, Smash Switch''s roster will go down in history as the greatest roster of all time. If Banjo somehow manages to get in.... I'd be satisfied to only play Smash Switch for the rest of my life..... my children's children's children will be playing Smash Switch by order of my new family tradition.. Sakurai would have made perfection in my eyes...

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Nintendo's e3 presentation is at 2am in Australia and then I have an exam at 1pm the same day. I don't know what to do.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nintendo's e3 presentation is at 2am in Australia and then I have an exam at 1pm the same day. I don't know what to do.
The exam takes priority, seeing as you only get one shot at that - just wait and watch Nintendo's E3 presentation at a more reasonable time. Bookmark Nintendo's E3 site if you're worried about the recommended Youtube videos spoiling the presentation.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
WOW!!! THATnew wallpaper for me thks!!! :-D

FOR MEGA:
The exam takes priority, seeing as you only get one shot at that - just wait and watch Nintendo's E3 presentation at a more reasonable time. Bookmark Nintendo's E3 site if you're worried about the recommended Youtube videos spoiling the presentation.
sleep, wake up, re-sleep.
but you will be so HYPE when they will announce K.ROOL for smash that you will not be able to sleep again
BAD IDEA THEN.....just sleep and wait for K.ROOL the next day ... :p

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Screw the exam !

If you don't watch E3 , K.Rool won't make it...
What a dilema ><

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
So...

our boy is part of a new leak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl3u8bqg2_U

Just watch the video and look at the link they provided in the description. Was on reddit for a short time before being deleted.

https://imgur.com/a/H8bcips

C9 anyone?
Yea it's been discussed here and there.

It is the best roster I've seen so far.
Because I love vilains, and I've always liked to make thematics battles in fight games, like a hero team vs respective vilains.
But Smash has always been limited for that, espescially for my two favorite Nintendo franchises (DK and Metroïd).

I just don't believe that leak at all, because Sakurai and his team have never chosen newcomer based on story or rep needs.
They just choose whatever character they think has good gameplay potential, or if he is popular, or for marketing/promoting reasons, or if they like him and are being biaised.
I think that is a mistake, sure gameplay is the most important, but you also have to take the other criteria into considerations, because the fans do.
Artistic creteria is also important imo, and having 10 lame anime teenagers using swords that look all the same does not look good for diversity sake.
So K.Rool's huge popularity is his only chance right now.

Some characters on this like Samuraï Goro or Medusa or Porky are just there for the sake of the vilain side.
That's what makes me think this si fake.
But we know story in fighting game is a thing now, what if they changed their mind for that ?
in any good story, heroes need vilains to be heroes.
And I really don't want good guys to fight each other in a story mode for BS reasons.
That would be the only explanation for this list, but I seriously doubt it.
We won't get such a good roster sadly :(

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So...

our boy is part of a new leak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl3u8bqg2_U

Just watch the video and look at the link they provided in the description. Was on reddit for a short time before being deleted.

https://imgur.com/a/H8bcips

C9 anyone?
We talked about that one

That's easily fake in so many levels

Yes C9 is king k rool

The biggest mistakes are porkey and samurai goroh they haven't had a game in years

No decidueye nor lycanroc is the second one they have higher odds than mimikyu of getting in I see mimikyu as a pokeball assist more than playable

Medusa is not likely at all especially since that game is phased out sakurai is not making any new ones I feel there's another rep from kid Icarus it would be viridi

Captain toad Is most likely missing too since he had a ton of promotion before and after the roster was finalized

The only reason I can't complain about the roster is due to Ridley, king k rool, geno and sora being on it.

But the biggest key of them all why it's fake by default every single one of suposive full rosters they are always wrong the ones with only a couple of characters are sometimes correct.

The only leak so far that holds water is the Ridley is the E3 reveal and Simon, ice climbers and no cuts leak and that's only because the person who claimed it has ben correct before (not always)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wouldn't really put much stock into that leak. Almost anyone, myself included, could upload a dozen completely random images to Imgur, claim that they're hints for the Smash roster, and watch the internet go wild interpreting what the images could mean.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I wouldn't really put much stock into that leak. Almost anyone, myself included, could upload a dozen completely random images to Imgur, claim that they're hints for the Smash roster, and watch the internet go wild interpreting what the images could mean.
Actually, that'd be kind of funny. Get some completely meaningless images, claim they're hints at the roster, then watch threads trying to figure out what they mean. Then when the actual roster is revealed, see who connects the newcomers to the pictures where no correlation exists.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
King K. Rool is currently leading the Eventhubs Smash poll. That makes me happy. Go vote for him if you haven't already.

Here's the link: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...excited-see-super-smash-bros-nintendo-switch/
Aww… Captain Toad is so low. :urg: But at least Simon Belmont is finally the #1 most-wanted third-party character at #3. :)

Not surprised that King K. Rool and Ridley are still #1 and #2. They were part of the "Big Three" for SSB4 and only Mewtwo got in.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

https://jinta-karn-imagine.blogspot...g-rhino-frog-swordfish-and.html?view=flipcard
They're so goood!!

Aww… Captain Toad is so low. :urg: But at least Simon Belmont is finally the #1 most-wanted third-party character at #3. :)

Not surprised that King K. Rool and Ridley are still #1 and #2. They were part of the "Big Three" for SSB4 and only Mewtwo got in.

Yeah. They're really popular to this day. Just further demonstrates that their popularity isn't a fad.

It takes a game or two sometimes for the most popular characters to get in. Just look at Dedede as an example. What's so great though that last time, despite K. Rool being at his most irrelevant ever, he got his first official "appearance" in almost a decade with the mii costume. Wow! Right on the heels of DKCTF too, with Dixie (who should have been in Brawl!!!) and Cranky starring, and Funky returning in that game.

And for all their relevance, none of those characters were acknowledged. The only character representing the continuing series of Donkey Kong Country was a character that hasn't done anything in that series in years. Sakurai went back to pull a character whose last major appearance was when the Sixth Sense was first released.

So it's sad that k. Rool didn't get in Smash 4. But I'm so happy that for the first time ever, we're going in to a Smash game this time with near certain knowledge that Sakuarai has acknowledged the character's popularity. Despite everything going against him. I'm excited!!!

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice

Yes, but I think Belmont popularity's increase is due to the recent leak.
It has built a hype around this character, and this is the only "somewhat" believable leak.

Luigi player

Smash Master
We talked about that one

That's easily fake in so many levels

Yes C9 is king k rool

The biggest mistakes are porkey and samurai goroh they haven't had a game in years

No decidueye nor lycanroc is the second one they have higher odds than mimikyu of getting in I see mimikyu as a pokeball assist more than playable

Medusa is not likely at all especially since that game is phased out sakurai is not making any new ones I feel there's another rep from kid Icarus it would be viridi

Captain toad Is most likely missing too since he had a ton of promotion before and after the roster was finalized

The only reason I can't complain about the roster is due to Ridley, king k rool, geno and sora being on it.

But the biggest key of them all why it's fake by default every single one of suposive full rosters they are always wrong the ones with only a couple of characters are sometimes correct.

The only leak so far that holds water is the Ridley is the E3 reveal and Simon, ice climbers and no cuts leak and that's only because the person who claimed it has ben correct before (not always)
Yeah Samurai Goroh and especially Porky are really weird choices.. but there are more really weird choices on there (like Geno & Mallow team (maybe the Nintendo twitter really hinted at something by asking the question?) Snake returning is also something almost everyone isn't expecting). It almost makes it feel like it could be real, cuz let's be honest - pretty much all rosters had some characters that felt really weird since at least Brawl.

Lycanroc would be strange because he's quadrupedal.. they could make it work, but I can't really see them doing it, since it would still look weird either way. The Midnight form could work, though (but would they really just use 1 form?).
I've always felt the most obvious choices for a Gen 7 rep were Incineroar and Decidueye.. but Lycanroc does have a chance. Same with Mimikyu, though. I'm not a fan of it, but it's a pretty big deal for a lot of people. I wouldn't say seeing Mimikyu on a roster would make it fake at all, especially since atm it's also a "not as obvious choice" as for example Decidueye, which most fans atm see as the most likely newcomer for Pokemon.

Yeah, Medusa is not likely. Same with Viridi, though. Kid Icarus is completely overrepped as a series with 3 characters, even if one of them is a clone. Of course Sakurai could still do it, since it's one of the games he worked on.

Another thing with this leak is that after the images got deleted from reddit the original poster just posted the name of all the characters and a little text at the end: "heroes vs villains theme is intentional, it'll make more sense at e3".
Of course anyone could and already came up with such ideas, but I wouldn't say it's impossible for Sakurai to choose such a theme, especially since we had no heavies join in Smash4 and Ridley and K. Rool being extremely popular characters.

Yeah it's weird that there's no (captain) Toad, but it's not like he's a shoo-in character. Toad was always missing in Smash, since he's a pretty important and very often playable character of Nintendos main franchise. Maybe all the Captain Toad stuff came too late, or Sakurai doesn't think it would make sense to have him jump. Of course there are always ways to make it work, but Sakurai loves being true to the real games as well. The character still has a pretty decent chance to appear in the game imo, but him not being in it also doesn't disconfirm a roster.

Also, there was a Brawl full roster leak from someone on gamefaqs way before the game came out. I was there when it happened and when we found out that it was true (really sad times since I had already hoped for K. Rool or Dixie).

Not saying this is a real leak, and it probably isn't since it would be too good to be true (imo, even though I'd only get Dixie and K. Rool, lol), but it does have that weird flair around it to at least have the possibility of being true.

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
As much as I'd love the villain theme, we would have seen it a bit in the teaser.
It does look more serious than before, but I'd expect to have all the heroes on one side, and the villains on the other (that we would see later at E3).
But Bowser is standing with Mario and everyone else, so no...

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
In regards to the leak, I don't know about you guys but many of my votes on the ballot mentioned the fact that Smash lacked villains.... a criticism that was voiced all through Smash 4 speculation and onward. A heroes vs villains theme would be a logical theme.... Sakurai I'm sure would take that criticism and run with it.

That being said... I don't think it's real. Sora alone is what makes it hard to believe. Sora being in the game would mean some presence of Disney, I just can't see that happening. That would be a monumental amount of hoops to jump through with licensing...

Edit: Since we're talking about leaks, here's another fun Reddit one from a few days ago.. K. Rool is featured but not in detail.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...cters/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
In regards to the leak, I don't know about you guys but many of my votes on the ballot mentioned the fact that Smash lacked villains.... a criticism that was voiced all through Smash 4 speculation and onward. A heroes vs villains theme would be a logical theme.... Sakurai I'm sure would take that criticism and run with it.

That being said... I don't think it's real. Sora alone is what makes it hard to believe. Sora being in the game would mean some presence of Disney, I just can't see that happening. That would be a monumental amount of hoops to jump through with licensing...

Edit: Since we're talking about leaks, here's another fun Reddit one from a few days ago.. K. Rool is featured but not in detail.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...cters/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list
Why would Sora force Disney Stuff to be in there ?

As for the new leak I find it suspicous he insists on the importance of the fans 'demands and the ballot.
We are all repeating this and hoping for it on forums, but it seems weird to have it written in stone on the devs side, it is more fans wishfull thinking than anything...

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

As for the new leak I find it suspicous he insists on the importance of the fans 'demands and the ballot.
We are all repeating this and hoping for it on forums, but it seems weird to have it written in stone on the devs side, it is more fans wishfull thinking than anything...
Sora's owned by Disney. Square-Enix is only credited for the Final Fantasy games and occasionally the World Ends With You - anything that isn't directly stated in the copyright information is owned by Disney, which includes the characters who were made for Kingdom Hearts.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

That's just another safe bets catergory faulty rumor

As a matter of fact marx over bandana dee

I don't think so

Atleast it's another good attempt rumor with are king and ridley

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

KH is set up so that Disney owns everything except the FF and TWEWY characters and in exchange Square is exclusively allowed to develop the games.
I don't know about fan demand but the ballot will absolutely influence the ballot. Sakurai has used similar polls in the past and now he has one from the entire world. There is literally no room for doubt that characters will be pulled from it. It may not necessarily be no 1-10 but rather the picks Sakurai finds interesting such as adding no. 3, 12,14,26 etc. But it will have an effect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom