• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I have got t
Make it quick for you

It's the director of kingdom hearts is who owns him
Ummm he flat out states Disney owns Sora legally. Basically, what it comes down to is they check with Nomura to make sure they are getting the character right and that he's ok with and that Square is ok with it before doing anything with the character outside of the games; however, he's still 100% Disney's character. Still, that video showed Disney is a lot more open to the idea than most people thought so I might actually see Sora in Smash though based on the responses he got it sounds like it won't be this game or at the earliest DLC.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Keys don’t have to mean Sora tbh. Doesn’t Terra have some connection to keys? We even know Sakurai considered her.

It’s the most easily faked roster literally ever. I could go make it right now. BUT. It’s also one of the hypest, so fun to imagine; and given that K. Rool and Geno as well as other characters like Goroh may be on Sakurai’s radar for real now because Ballot, and we know the ballot is playing some kind of role in the roster, it’s not as easy to dismiss because of “wish fulfillment” as it was in the past.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Keys don’t have to mean Sora tbh. Doesn’t Terra have some connection to keys? We even know Sakurai considered her.
Nitpicking, but Terra doesn't really have any connection to keys unless it's the Kingdom Hearts Terra. If anyone's connected to keys in FFVI, it's Locke. :p FFVI's Terra is connected with magic than anything else, since that's pretty much her main thing in the Dissidia games, given she's half-human half-esper.

But yeah, Sora's in a strange midway for being a guest with the Kingdom Hearts series being both Disney and Square Enix. Disney owns him, but they need Nomura's approval.

Not that it'd mean much for K. Rool anyways.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Sakurai is the type of guy who likes to rep characters correctly and if Sora got into the game, he'd want to have elements from the KH series present alongside of him.... Donald and Goofy would no doubt be present in his final Smash, then you have stages to consider.... it's hard to incorporate KH and tip toe around the use of Disney characters.... Disney is like Nintendo with how they handle their brand and character's.... not too mention the money that would need to fronted to have fair use of those characters would be pretty hefty. I just can't see Nintendo throwing that much cash out just to get Sora into Smash... now if it came alongside of KH3 being on the Switch well then.. maybe some special deal was worked out but that's a big maybe.

That's why I said the Sora part is what really kills this leak..I just think it's too improbable.

Plus call it personal bias but I don't see why Nintendo/Sakurai would go for Sora over Banjo, who had incredible ballot presence and would be far easier to acquire the license.... Phil Spencer said multiple times he wants to see him in Smash, that's already a foot in the door and Banjo has a strong history with Nintendo..there's less hoops to jump through to get him over Sora.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Sakurai is the type of guy who likes to rep characters correctly and if Sora got into the game, he'd want to have elements from the KH series present alongside of him.... Donald and Goofy would no doubt be present in his final Smash, then you have stages to consider.... it's hard to incorporate KH and tip toe around the use of Disney characters.... Disney is like Nintendo with how they handle their brand and character's.... not too mention the money that would need to fronted to have fair use of those characters would be pretty hefty. I just can't see Nintendo throwing that much cash out just to get Sora into Smash... now if it came alongside of KH3 being on the Switch well then.. maybe some special deal was worked out but that's a big maybe.

That's why I said the Sora part is what really kills this leak..I just think it's too improbable.

Plus call it personal bias but I don't see why Nintendo/Sakurai would go for Sora over Banjo, who had incredible ballot presence and would be far easier to acquire the license.... Phil Spencer said multiple times he wants to see him in Smash, that's already a foot in the door and Banjo has a strong history with Nintendo..there's less hoops to jump through to get him over Sora.
I haven't heard many people talking about Banjo during this speculation. I had forgotten about Phil Spencer saying that tbh.

Good lord, wouldn't that bring the hype for so many people during E3, especially if he was revealed alongside or right after K. Rool, really instilling a nod to classic Rareware.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I remember when people were so vocally requesting Banjo during the Smash ballot era. The Smash ballot would still be fresh in Sakurai's mind seeing as he likely started work on Smash Switch sometime shortly after he finished DLC for Smash 4 (remember his "breather" comment).

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
In terms of the whole Sora thing, obviously J doubt that leak. But for devil’s advocate sake, one thing nobody has really brought up.

When Wreck It Ralph came out originally, Disney wanted Mario to appear in the movie. Nintendo’s price was astronomically high for Mario (and I believe even higher if they wanted him to talk in the movie rather than just show up in the background or something). That’s why only Bowser was in the movie—he was cheaper than Mario. Disney wasnt going to fork over that kind of cash for a new, untested franchise.

Now, Wreck It Ralph 2 is coming out and there have been rumblings for a while about Mario makin an appearance in the film. There’s always the possibility that when Nintendo approached Disney, or vice versa, a deal was struck where Disney gets Mario in Wreck It Ralph 2, and Nintendo gets Sora in Smash Bros.

Almost certainly didn’t happen, but it’s posisble.

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Here is his post that people are getting hyped over.
If it's true, that sounds really good for K.Rool and Ridley doesn't it ?
At least for K.Rool ( that does not have size problems), he is the 1st worldwild most wanted, even in japan.
I don't know any other character that has more popularity than him.

Could Geno or Isaac be picked over him ?
Their names show up here and there, but K.Rool ahs more votes for him.

What if the Heroes vs Villains leak was true ?
Some characters were really wild choices that's for sure.

But nah that's just delusional to believe this at that point.
We're getting closer and closer, we'll get stupid leak everyday, I must not fall in those stupid traps ><

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
At this point, if Alax and Emily Rogers actually have legit info, I'd say it looks very good for K. Rool, Ridley, and Geno. All 3 of them have notable fan support dating back to Brawl, and all 3 of them have had this acknowledged by Sakurai in some way. Dunno what this would spell for Dixie (or even affects her chances at all), but K. Rool looks good under this. Regardless, E3 will be very interesting to watch this time around.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
After all the leaks around Smash 4.. seeing is believing in this case.. I'm having a hard time believing that random YouTubers have any info at all

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I haven't heard many people talking about Banjo during this speculation. I had forgotten about Phil Spencer saying that tbh.

Good lord, wouldn't that bring the hype for so many people during E3, especially if he was revealed alongside or right after K. Rool, really instilling a nod to classic Rareware.
To be honest, I don't think I'd be hyped very much, because I'd have died instantly from shock and joy.

After all the leaks around Smash 4.. seeing is believing in this case.. I'm having a hard time believing that random YouTubers have any info at all
Yeah, but at the same time, we haven't had a reveal this close to release in almost two decades. It's a bit easier to believe info getting out when it's so close. That said, skepticism should remain.

However, if *any* of this is true, I certainly think it's looking good for "fan favorites" this time.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
In terms of the whole Sora thing, obviously J doubt that leak. But for devil’s advocate sake, one thing nobody has really brought up.

When Wreck It Ralph came out originally, Disney wanted Mario to appear in the movie. Nintendo’s price was astronomically high for Mario (and I believe even higher if they wanted him to talk in the movie rather than just show up in the background or something). That’s why only Bowser was in the movie—he was cheaper than Mario. Disney wasnt going to fork over that kind of cash for a new, untested franchise.

Now, Wreck It Ralph 2 is coming out and there have been rumblings for a while about Mario makin an appearance in the film. There’s always the possibility that when Nintendo approached Disney, or vice versa, a deal was struck where Disney gets Mario in Wreck It Ralph 2, and Nintendo gets Sora in Smash Bros.

Almost certainly didn’t happen, but it’s posisble.
The thing is why would you go for Sora, when there is a bigger fish to get? If Nintendo is going to the trouble in getting Sora in Smash and Disney is asking for Mario to be in Wrecking Ralph, what is stopping Nintendo to ask for Mickey "Fricking" Mouse to join the roster of Smash, that would be a better deal and in the same ballpark of a trade, to an extent that will be even a bigger shocker than any other character to ever appear in Smash and would make the internet, fans and media explode in a frenzy.

.n_n.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
At this point, if Alax and Emily Rogers actually have legit info, I'd say it looks very good for K. Rool, Ridley, and Geno. All 3 of them have notable fan support dating back to Brawl, and all 3 of them have had this acknowledged by Sakurai in some way. Dunno what this would spell for Dixie (or even affects her chances at all), but K. Rool looks good under this. Regardless, E3 will be very interesting to watch this time around.
Those are literally my big three this time around. I could die happy if E3 dropped all of them for us in one day.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I was thinking, it's kinda funny. People call K. Rool the bad guy but where was Dixie when K. Rool wanted to blow up her homeland? You can say what you want about him, but at least K. Rool showed up. Dixie? Taking a "haircation"? Gimme a break. Really makes you wonder who the real "villain" is.

Not to mention when she and a wrongly-sized toddler (they're supposed to be little!!! Can the Kong family do anything right???) "saved" all those little banana birds. K. Rool just put them in those crystals so they could take a NAP! Permanently. What does Dixie have against good sleep?

What's worse, those little birds and their crazy out of control mom dropped an egg on an outstanding citizen who shall not be named. That's just not right.

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Remember that Pokémon let's go leak

That Is now confirmed they just showed it.
Well it does pretty much deconfirm the 4chan leak which got the Switch online stuff correct. That rumor also had Pokemon info for e3, and it guessed the date wrong (holiday 2018, but now we see it's Nov 2018. He also didn't describe anything but the graphics, which were rumored to be "between Pokken and normal" from everyone anyway so he just bangwagon'd that.
There would be so much to talk about in the trailer, and I'm not sure if they'll show much about it at e3 when they just revealed a trailer for it today.

So basically, don't expect Captain Toad, Crash, Spyro and ICs for e3 (at least not all 4 of them). Time to get hyped for the e3 reveal again (since to me they would've been a little disappointing for an e3 / a big game reveal)! Even if it turns out to be Ridley it's okay. Best case they just show K. Rool as well so we know he's in.. I also wouldn't mind them confirming the "heroes vs villains" theme to give that imgur leak a lot of credibility which has K. Rool and Dixie. ^_^

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Well it does pretty much deconfirm the 4chan leak which got the Switch online stuff correct. That rumor also had Pokemon info for e3, and it guessed the date wrong (holiday 2018, but now we see it's Nov 2018. He also didn't describe anything but the graphics, which were rumored to be "between Pokken and normal" from everyone anyway so he just bangwagon'd that.
There would be so much to talk about in the trailer, and I'm not sure if they'll show much about it at e3 when they just revealed a trailer for it today.

So basically, don't expect Captain Toad, Crash, Spyro and ICs for e3 (at least not all 4 of them). Time to get hyped for the e3 reveal again (since to me they would've been a little disappointing for an e3 / a big game reveal)! Even if it turns out to be Ridley it's okay. Best case they just show K. Rool as well so we know he's in.. I also wouldn't mind them confirming the "heroes vs villains" theme to give that imgur leak a lot of credibility which has K. Rool and Dixie. ^_^
The Heroes vs Villains roster sounds so good. I hope the King and Ridley both get their due respects this game, but even some of the more niche villains sound interesting and would probably make for cool movesets. (Kind of glad Lazzyman/4chan leak got deconfirmed too, because some of the other information tied to other games was kind of lame).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I mean that leak is basically dead, but isn't mid-November still the "Holiday" window, to be fair?

Definitely hyped for something BIG at E3 since leaks seem to be hyping up a spectacular roster.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I mean that leak is basically dead, but isn't mid-November still the "Holiday" window, to be fair?

Definitely hyped for something BIG at E3 since leaks seem to be hyping up a spectacular roster.
Moreso that the game was described for a release in a more realistic art style than the RPG Pokemon games, which isn't really true: the Lets Go! games appear to be more animated in nature and less realistic than the RPG games.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Wow, so much has happened in the last few hours. Did I miss anything? (lol)

And I just saw the Pokémon Let's Go trailer. OMG I need this now. Pokéball controller? AWESOME! And was it basically a Gen 1 game remake? HOLY **** I NEED THIS! :059:

So the Lazzyman leak is dead? As if any are true at this point, but we've hit that time when fake leaks start coming out of everywhere. Really, some YouTuber saw the final roster now?

I am a bit excited if everyone's saying it's the best roster ever since Sm4sh was a bit of a letdown. I know that we all have different ideas on 'best roster' though, so I'll believe it when I see it.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
So the Lazzyman leak is dead? As if any are true at this point, but we've hit that time when fake leaks start coming out of everywhere.
Guys, this is amazing, I just got exclusive info on the final roster, and I'm super confident in it, because my source is super credible and legit. K. Rool and Ridley made the final game, along with many hyped fan favorites like Takamaru, Geno, a Tetris block, Q-Bert, Bubsy the Bobcat, Shaquille O'Neal, and Colonel Custer from Custer's Revenge, as well as surprising newcomers like Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White and "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"'s Black Knight and Benito Mussolini and The Blue Meanie and Cowboy Curtis and Jambi the Genie, as well as Robocop, the Terminator, Captain Kirk and Darth Vader (as a tag team similar to Ice Climbers), Lo Pan, Superman, every single power ranger (As individual characters), Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan, Spock, The Rock, Doc Ock, and Hulk Hogan.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This video might interest you if:

--You want K. Rool's one-of-a-kind advice on becoming pop-u-lar
--You're a fan of the Broadway musical "Wicked"
--You have a high tolerance for cringe

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I remember when people were so vocally requesting Banjo during the Smash ballot era. The Smash ballot would still be fresh in Sakurai's mind seeing as he likely started work on Smash Switch sometime shortly after he finished DLC for Smash 4 (remember his "breather" comment).
I doubt Nintendo would want to revive a rival franchise that has the potential to rival Mario.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Is it? I couldn't find any info about that through google..
I'm not sure what americans count as "holiday" (since I'm not one). I'd have guessed either the summer school holidays (june-aug) or the winter ones (christmas-newyear). Maybe a few inbetween, but I didn't find anything about november.. except that we have 1-2 single "holidays" there.

.. so, thanksgiving is starting the holiday season? That's nov 22nd this year and pokemon letsgo will be out on nov 16.

If that guy really saw the trailer then he surely could've just said its release date instead of being vague about it.. even if it was from a drunk friend. The description doesn't really make sense imo since he could've said stuff like "wild pokemon are running around instead of being random encounters", "local co-op play", "catching is done with motioncontrols" or anything about the game/trailer basically, but he only mentions the graphics being a bit more realistic (which isn't the case) and like a "watered down pokken".

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wow, so much has happened in the last few hours. Did I miss anything? (lol)

And I just saw the Pokémon Let's Go trailer. OMG I need this now. Pokéball controller? AWESOME! And was it basically a Gen 1 game remake? HOLY **** I NEED THIS! :059:

So the Lazzyman leak is dead? As if any are true at this point, but we've hit that time when fake leaks start coming out of everywhere. Really, some YouTuber saw the final roster now?

I am a bit excited if everyone's saying it's the best roster ever since Sm4sh was a bit of a letdown. I know that we all have different ideas on 'best roster' though, so I'll believe it when I see it.
Yep lazzy is busted

But the vergeben is still alive

His leak is

Ice climbers, Simon Belmont, everyone from smash 4 is back including the guests and Ridley will be the revealed playable in smash switch at E3

And this leaker has gotten stuff correct before (not everything though)

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I wonder just how RelaxAlax got his Information...I smell a hoax

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I dunno. It frankly doesn't seem that unbelievable that some people have information *this close* to E3. Two weeks away from reveal, officially releasing this year. Obviously, be skeptical, but RelaxAlax is a fairly prominent (and popular) SmashTuber who doesn't seem like the type to want to ruin his credibility by stringing people along on a hoax.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
There is also a major difference between “K. Rool and Ridley are newcomers” and “omg u guyz totes best roster 5ever.” I can’t really see a hint about people being happy as anything credibility-destroying. I mean, no matter who’s put in, people will be happy.

This close to E3 it does make sense to get leaks, so the fact that the past week has been filled with BS is normal. I would also guess that about a month before release that the final roster will end up leaked officially.

The one thing we haven’t seen yet is a gematsu-styled out there character like WFT. Honestly, the most out-there character we have now is Belmont. Spyro (which is looking less credible after Pokémon Let’s Go) or Porky (but that image thing doesn’t explicitly name anyone) are both shaky based on their ‘leaks’ so eh... I guess that we’ll see a rando character drop the day before, and everyone’ll latch on to whoever else is tapped in that leak.

Then again, if they are going based on popularity, maybe they won’t have a nobody-asked-for-this character.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
When someone says "the roster is going to blow peoples minds, a lot of long requested fan favorites" or anything of that nature... it still doesn't get me hyped. What's hyped for one person isnt going to be the same for others. At this point would Ridley be cool? Yes. Would I be out of my mind hyped? No. Because I want K. Rool.... and in the end that's the only character that's going to blow my mind. Alax if he does have info is going to be hyped about Paper Mario because that's his favorite. The roster could be Paper Mario, Ridley, Marx, Dixie Kong, and Simon Belmont and in his eyes would "blow people's minds"

I don't believe anything until I get picture proof. I'm not trying to get hyped up over these leaks until we see something concrete. Even then if K. Rool doesn't show up my hype level is in the yellow. It won't be in the green unless my King shows up.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
K.Rool would also blow my mind, but any DKC newcomer would really hype me up honestly.

Still don't believe the leaks, and encourage all of you to not put too much faith in them. Sure it's fun to speculate, and keep it in the back of your head.. But with E3 coming around so soon, I honestly think it's wayyyy too early to have faith in so called "leaks". I doubt there will be a full roster reveal at E3 anyway. So... who's gonna confirm they are true even IF some of the "leaked" information actually makes it into the game.

I don't want us to be trolled on our hype for King K.Rool. Remember the bitter dissapointment of Smash 4? Well... with the ballot seemingly working in K.Rool's favor, it'd be a far harder slap for me this time around. Especially if there's also no other DKC newcomer like Dixie.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
At this point, I think we've all learned not to put too much stock into any leak. But at the same time, aren't we all already too dead inside from the combined letdown of Brawl and Smash 4 speculation to let it get us down anymore? What's the harm in being a little biased towards a leak that sounds especially good right now?

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

Scuse me, please make way. Comin' through. This bunch of eager beavers is headed to E3 to see K. Rool's big debut.

Top Bottom