• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I would love to see K Rool, but I don't really know if I'd use him. No doubt he would be a unique heavy-weight. Not many villains strike such a balance between gritty/grotesque and comic relief. He has great costumes as well. But I more or less want him in the game just because it's K Rool and those were the good ol days.

I don't expect to see him in SSB with the current direction of the DKC series. There are too many still relevant DK characters that will take priority over K Rool. I'd expect Dixie sooner. Really hope they bring K Rool back into a new DKC game.
I think we're banking on K. Rool's impressive legacy.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
And his impressive popularity. He was the only DK character, the only DK anything, to be DLC. Even though he last appeared in a DK game in 2007. He most likely did very well in the Smash Ballot. We're hoping his popularity overrides his other issues. We're hoping that it made Sakurai pause and perhaps even get seriously weirded out by how much K. Rool's support defies expectations. I hope we made an impression.

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
It honestly makes me so happy that K. Rool still ended up being on the minds of so many even after Rare's buyout. He's an iconic villain and I feel he's proved his worth to return as a mainstay villain in the newer DKC games. I just hope Nintendo is listening. Hopefully, his appearance in Smash (if that happens) would help his return.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It's bull that we as fans expect only one between Dixie and K. Rool.... the both deserve the spots on the Roster.... many other series have gotten multiple reps per game. DK is a series that deserve's more than one....

I would be upset if only one of either of them gets in... they both deserve it.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I can't agree with you more, SuperiorYoshi87. Dixie Kong and K. Rool both deserve their chance to be in Smash Bros. I'm still surprised she didnt make it in Smash 4 despite how relevant she was thanks to Tropical Freeze. With the game being given a 2nd chance on the Switch, I'd be so sad if she didn't get in now. Donkey Kong Country is one of my favorite video game franchises ever and to see how little the series has gotten in Smash over the years is just sad. They both seriously better get in this time. I wouldn't even mind if Sakurai went with his original idea to have Diddy & Dixie be together like the Ice Climbers were.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Something I've heard recently that I felt like sharing here is a funny idea for a taunt King K. Rool should have. I forgot where I saw it, but someone mentioned how K. Rool's original portrait from DKC should be his down taunt. I find that absolutely hilarious. Just imagine someone SD'ing and a player does this as a taunt. That'd crack me up.

That would be hilarious.

Good topic, K. Rool would probably have really amazing taunts. xD

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Something I've heard recently that I felt like sharing here is a funny idea for a taunt King K. Rool should have. I forgot where I saw it, but someone mentioned how K. Rool's original portrait from DKC should be his down taunt. I find that absolutely hilarious. Just imagine someone SD'ing and a player does this as a taunt. That'd crack me up.

Oh man, having that as a taunt would be great.

I haven't really thought of ideas for taunts... The only idea I had for a taunt was the "Yeah! Thank you!" from his 64 battle.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
One of his taunts should be him reciting the entirety of K. Rool's Finest Hour.
Or better, that could be him singing the song when he wins a battle and the song "K. Rool's Finest Hour" plays in the background continuously in the results screen, like how Cloud's victory theme plays endlessly when he wins.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I want to see King K. Rool with an "updated" design in Super Smash Bros.

One example I can think of is going back to older games, like with the darker shade of green and golden belly, but also adding small details to further convey that King K. Rool is a ruthless villain. Like for example, his cape could be tattered and his gold belly, crown, and cuffs could be coated with small scratches and smears.

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, having that as a taunt would be great.

I haven't really thought of ideas for taunts... The only idea I had for a taunt was the "Yeah! Thank you!" from his 64 battle.
I think the "Yeah! Thank you!" from DK64 would work better as his victory quote.

Also, if they do add that, Japan is gonna have a field day with that one. Over there a lot of fans like to joke that he's actually saying "Yeah! F- you!" instead of "Yeah! Thank you!". I can already see the reactions now lol.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, if they do add that, Japan is gonna have a field day with that one. Over there a lot of fans like to joke that he's actually saying "Yeah! F- you!" instead of "Yeah! Thank you!". I can already see the reactions now lol.
The funny part is that him yelling "F*** you" at the audience wouldn't be out of character for K. Rool.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I think the "Yeah! Thank you!" from DK64 would work better as his victory quote.

Reminds me of so many misheard video game voice clips...

"So long gay Bowser" has to be the number one for me... lol

I can absolutely see how someone could mistake K. Rools "yea thank you" for that ha ha

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Sorry for the double post but I just needed to rant for a minute here..... I want to talk about the one thing I keep seeing brought up against K. Rool.... "relevance"

It's the only REAL negative anyone can bring up against his possible inclusion... and I'll be honest while I don't completely disagree I find it to be a pretty lackluster reason against him. K. Rool shouldn't be looked over due to his relevance because it's a weak reason to not include a character.....

There's plenty of character's who lacked relevance that made it into Smash. Pit, Mr. G&W, Duck Hunt Dog, R.O.B, Ice Climbers, Marth, Roy, Megaman....

And I know I know.... your saying "but superioryoshi those are Retro reps, 3rd parties and Marth & Roy were only irrelevant in the US..."

Here's the thing though, who says the rules of relevance are only overlooked for Retro NES characters and 3rd parties? Sakurai has never gave us a concrete list of rules or guidelines as to what makes or breaks a characters odds, we speculate based off past games and some interviews where he's mentioned some things here and there.

King K. Rool is an anomaly because... no he's not a retro character from the NES and he's not a 3rd party, there aren't many Nintendo characters that fit that specific criteria that have notable fan demand behind them that we can use a reference that have made it into past games. So we don't know if his lack of relevance has any real negative impact on his chances.

His fan demand should be > relevance

After all would Megaman have had just as good a chance without his incredible demand? Yes he's a third party but let's be honest here.... poor MM has lacked relevance for quite some time due to Capcom's complete lack of interest in making games for him. Imagine if there was next to no interest in him, would he have made it in? Probably not. He did though because he was an immensely popular request during Brawl.

His fan demand trumped his relevance

A first party Nintendo character that has 0 license issues that has as much demand as K. Rool shouldn't be in any worse a position.

Look at R.O.B... he doesn't fit the criteria as an NES retro revival character, he was a toy made by Nintendo to help sell the NES in toy stores at the time. His relevance was next to none existent before Brawl but here we are and R.O.B remains. There wasn't even demand for him.

Sakurai clearly doesn't take relevancy into account all of the time.

He admitted he wanted to add Geno in Brawl... why didnt he? Licensing issue more than likely.... Sakurai wanted to add him and look at his relevance, he's been in one game and hasn't shown up since (aside from a small cameo in the Mario & Luigi series)

Were talking about a series that still used the Twilight Princess designs for the Zelda cast despite it being irrelevant by the time of Smash 4. Mario still uses the Flood.... relevance shouldn't be that big an issue....

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Sorry for the double post but I just needed to rant for a minute here..... I want to talk about the one thing I keep seeing brought up against K. Rool.... "relevance"

It's the only REAL negative anyone can bring up against his possible inclusion... and I'll be honest while I don't completely disagree I find it to be a pretty lackluster reason against him. K. Rool shouldn't be looked over due to his relevance because it's a weak reason to not include a character.....

There's plenty of character's who lacked relevance that made it into Smash. Pit, Mr. G&W, Duck Hunt Dog, R.O.B, Ice Climbers, Marth, Roy, Megaman....

And I know I know.... your saying "but superioryoshi those are Retro reps, 3rd parties and Marth & Roy were only irrelevant in the US..."

Here's the thing though, who says the rules of relevance are only overlooked for Retro NES characters and 3rd parties? Sakurai has never gave us a concrete list of rules or guidelines as to what makes or breaks a characters odds, we speculate based off past games and some interviews where he's mentioned some things here and there.

King K. Rool is an anomaly because... no he's not a retro character from the NES and he's not a 3rd party, there aren't many Nintendo characters that fit that specific criteria that have notable fan demand behind them that we can use a reference that have made it into past games. So we don't know if his lack of relevance has any real negative impact on his chances.

His fan demand should be > relevance

After all would Megaman have had just as good a chance without his incredible demand? Yes he's a third party but let's be honest here.... poor MM has lacked relevance for quite some time due to Capcom's complete lack of interest in making games for him. Imagine if there was next to no interest in him, would he have made it in? Probably not. He did though because he was an immensely popular request during Brawl.

His fan demand trumped his relevance

A first party Nintendo character that has 0 license issues that has as much demand as K. Rool shouldn't be in any worse a position.

Look at R.O.B... he doesn't fit the criteria as an NES retro revival character, he was a toy made by Nintendo to help sell the NES in toy stores at the time. His relevance was next to none existent before Brawl but here we are and R.O.B remains. There wasn't even demand for him.

Sakurai clearly doesn't take relevancy into account all of the time.

He admitted he wanted to add Geno in Brawl... why didnt he? Licensing issue more than likely.... Sakurai wanted to add him and look at his relevance, he's been in one game and hasn't shown up since (aside from a small cameo in the Mario & Luigi series)

Were talking about a series that still used the Twilight Princess designs for the Zelda cast despite it being irrelevant by the time of Smash 4. Mario still uses the Flood.... relevance shouldn't be that big an issue....
I'm surprised people don't use the lame "Too Big" excuse when DK is a huge playable gorilla and King K. Rool towers over him.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm surprised people don't use the lame "Too Big" excuse when DK is a huge playable gorilla and King K. Rool towers over him.
K. Rool is huge, but Ridley it's long and big everywhere (making his proportions a bit... awkward for a playable role).

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I feel like relevance was an actual issue back then, but we K. Rool fans have been extremely vocal about wanting his return. So his popularity should definitely have an impact.

As for hearing that he's too big.... Are you serious?! That's an excuse so bad I choose to ignore it. It's dumb and people clearly don't know what they're talking about. I get that he's big, but he changes in size. Plus, his design overall makes it so Sakurai can make him work in any size. Ridley's issue is that he's... too lanky? He's just weird. However, I feel like his Other M design would work perfectly if scaled down. But Ridley's problem has more to do with Sakurai not wanting to "ruin the character" by shrinking him down. It's such a shame too because I know most fans wouldn't even mind it. I feel bad for Ridley fans.

The last thing I'm sick of hearing is how people still think his rights are left with Rare. They're not and they never were. It amazes me how people still don't get this. I do understand for those who aren't big on DK, but it doesn't make sense for those who claim to follow the series to continue argue the fact that his rights aren't available to Nintendo. It's just weird to me.

Once again, I do hope Sakurai elaborates more on why K. Rool hasn't been in Smash before if he's added now. He's must of been on his mind before.

Last edited:

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
He's the same size as Bowser in Mario Super Sluggers. It's not an issue.
In Metroid Prime: Pinball Ridley is the same size as Samus. :yeahboi: Hope both evil reptiles get there time to shine.

EdwardSponge

Smash Apprentice
In Metroid Prime: Pinball Ridley is the same size as Samus. :yeahboi: Hope both evil reptiles get there time to shine.
Bowser is bigger in Sunshine that Ridley or K Rool ever was so by this point I don't see why anyone gives a rootin tootin heck.

Ridley's proportions and body type on the other hand... are a different story. I think K Rool is workable though.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
The last thing I'm sick of hearing is how people still think his rights are left with Rare. They're not and they never were. It amazes me how people still don't get this. I do understand for those who aren't big on DK, but it doesn't make sense for those who claim to follow the series to continue argue the fact that his rights aren't available to Nintendo. It's just weird to me.
THIS may be the thing that annoys me the MOST! Everytime I read that I just want to reach through my computer screen and sock them in the face. Why would K.Rool and the Kremlings be ANY different than characters like Dixie, Cranky, Funky, etc. characters created for the series by Rare but still appear? It's ********. If they would actually do some god damn research and realize K.Rool has appeared in Super Sluggers, Konga, King of Swing, Jungle Climber, and Barrel Blast SINCE the buyout as well as Kritters appearing in Strikers, Strikers Charged, Smash Run, and Power Tennis. Not to mention K.Rool has had a trophy in EVERY Smash game. It's dumb!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I have seen that one too. Usually with a link to that size chart with DK, K. Rool, Samus and Ridley. People love using that but not nearly as much as how irrelevant he's been....

It's just in my personal opinion that relevance only means so much when characters are considered. If Sakurai wants to add K. Rool he's going to add him, I doubt he would think "Man K. Rool would be a shoe in if only he was still around...owell I'll pick Cranky Kong instead hope that satisfies the fans! "

While I believe his lack of current appearance's have hurt his chances from already being in Smash games ago, I don't think his relevance should/does hurt his current chances. Clearly his lack of current relevancy isn't effecting his popularly.

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
I would like to speak my opinion about relevance.

Relevance is not about how recently you appeared in a title. It's about how much of an impact you made in the titles that you did appear in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's bull that we as fans expect only one between Dixie and K. Rool.... the both deserve the spots on the Roster.... many other series have gotten multiple reps per game. DK is a series that deserve's more than one....

I would be upset if only one of either of them gets in... they both deserve it.
Thank you very much! In fact, I also think that having Funky Kong added in togheter with Dixie and K.Rool also would make a lot of sense. Funky would be a outright DK clone with better surfboard recovery, Dixie would be a sort of semi-clone of Diddy with Helicopter Spin gimmicks and significant stats and playstyle differences to Diddy (far less offensive than Diddy for example and more of a grappler)- and King K.Rool would be fully unique.

Are we DKC fans or not!? Seriously, the whole thing about "K.Rool is more deserving" is just PLAIN TOXIC! Especially since you must consider that King K.Rool only became hugely popular after Diddy was confirmed for Brawl. This means that proper DKC representation was always the true intention of the core fanbase. Sure, the whole K.Rool and Kremling absence fiasco made things more one sided... Yet I feel that we, as a DKC fanbase at first, should try to have a far more unified standpoint, and NOT belittle / criticize anything else DKC related.

Say Dixie and Funky would be the only DKC newcomers in Smash 5. That would be FINE! Why? The more attention to the characters the more likely a next game is going to be.

BKupa666 BKupa666 has stated this to in one of his posts that adressed this manner. Don't be bitter, and don't force the character down people's troaths. DKC as a franchise is hugely underrepresented, the more the merrier. Yes, I also hugely prefer the Rare made Donkey Kong games over Retro's, but Retro Studios did a great job on the franchise and noone (except maybe PAON) could've done DKC greater justice.

That being said, I've bought the 3DS version of Smash 4 last week or so and having tons of fun playing the game. Smash Run has a special place in my heart now because of the Kremlings appearing there. Even if it's just two regular Kritters, they're still there. And it got me thinking... Since the Green Kritters use their claws especially for attacking, would King K.Rool fight similary to them? It would make a lot of sense to me at the very least.

Needless to say, I also bougth the King K.Rool Mii Costume set and name a Mii Kutthroat, after this thread.

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool hopefully his chances to get in are coming back, and a inclusion in Smash is near.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think there's a pretty clear division between how most people who are and aren't Donkey Kong fans approach representation for the series in Smash.

The fans understand the characters' histories and what they can bring to Smash, K. Rool and Dixie in particular. More importantly, they understand the differences between the characters, and that one character becoming playable shouldn't get in the way of the others following suit. See: K. Rool not being dismissed just because Diddy got into Brawl first (as most expected).

The non-fans, however, see all the DK characters as interchangeable, and support for any one as transferable to any other simply by virtue of them being "DK reps." The extent of many non-fans' knowledge of the characters covers just who was in Tropical Freeze and what they've picked up via osmosis from all of the K. Rool fanboys. That doesn't translate to them giving all that much thought to what DK's Smash representation should be, beyond who's in new games. It can lead to silly assumptions like:

"Oh, K. Rool got ballot votes? That means Sakurai will add Funky because there's support for a DK rep!"

Unfortunately, it also means that, because the non-fans outnumber the fans, any one of the characters getting in will mean a lot of people instantly disqualify the remaining characters, even if every game so far has seen series receive multiple characters at a time. There's already the narrative in place that K. Rool fans are so entitled and toxic after the ballot, so for him in particular, another Kong getting in first means his remaining support probably fades under pressure, and he doesn't even get brought up as a contender for at least another generation if not longer. And the passive power of being namedropped as a playable contender shouldn't be underestimated...after all, it's how most characters brought up first as "relevant" develop eventual fanbases.

All that to say, people definitely shouldn't attack non-K. Rool DK characters in Smash but if they actively want him personally in the game, they shouldn't pipe down until he's in.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Thank you very much! In fact, I also think that having Funky Kong added in togheter with Dixie and K.Rool also would make a lot of sense. Funky would be a outright DK clone with better surfboard recovery, Dixie would be a sort of semi-clone of Diddy with Helicopter Spin gimmicks and significant stats and playstyle differences to Diddy (far less offensive than Diddy for example and more of a grappler)- and King K.Rool would be fully unique.

Are we DKC fans or not!? Seriously, the whole thing about "K.Rool is more deserving" is just PLAIN TOXIC! Especially since you must consider that King K.Rool only became hugely popular after Diddy was confirmed for Brawl. This means that proper DKC representation was always the true intention of the core fanbase. Sure, the whole K.Rool and Kremling absence fiasco made things more one sided... Yet I feel that we, as a DKC fanbase at first, should try to have a far more unified standpoint, and NOT belittle / criticize anything else DKC related.

Say Dixie and Funky would be the only DKC newcomers in Smash 5. That would be FINE! Why? The more attention to the characters the more likely a next game is going to be.

BKupa666 BKupa666 has stated this to in one of his posts that adressed this manner. Don't be bitter, and don't force the character down people's troaths. DKC as a franchise is hugely underrepresented, the more the merrier. Yes, I also hugely prefer the Rare made Donkey Kong games over Retro's, but Retro Studios did a great job on the franchise and noone (except maybe PAON) could've done DKC greater justice.

That being said, I've bought the 3DS version of Smash 4 last week or so and having tons of fun playing the game. Smash Run has a special place in my heart now because of the Kremlings appearing there. Even if it's just two regular Kritters, they're still there. And it got me thinking... Since the Green Kritters use their claws especially for attacking, would King K.Rool fight similary to them? It would make a lot of sense to me at the very least.

Needless to say, I also bougth the King K.Rool Mii Costume set and name a Mii Kutthroat, after this thread.
If Funky made it in as a DK clone, would his Neutral Special be the Funky Punch?

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
It would not be "fine" for me if K. Rool is excluded, even if Funky and Dixie are added. And I say that as someone who really loves Dixie and want her included yesterday. K. Rool is K. Rool. Dixie is Dixie. They're different characters. I want to play as K. ROOL, not a generic DK character. Yes, I would be happy to see Dixie and maybe Funky. I'd be happy to see more DK content. But Funky and Dixie don't fill that hole K. Rool fills, because they AREN'T K. Rool. Vice versa, too. If K. Rool is added that doesn't mean suddenly I am "fine" with Dixie being excluded. I want to play as Dixie, too. These are major, distinct characters and they don't replace one another.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
BKupa666 BKupa666 yo bro im back and yo the 1st guy i wantes to holla at this is my home now i have a major question though..
Villains still rule where the hell is the Sylux thread??? Why aint there one?

Dont care about no new chars unless they

Sylux
K.Rool
New Ganondorf

Wtf man...i thought there would be a Sylux thread to replace the Ridley one......f***... man its been so long.........

I cant believe im back here.....Real%!)Talk

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I'd definitely be happy with we got another DK rep like Dixie, Funky or Cranky, but it would still hurt not to have K. Rool. I'm not sure if I'd be ok with that. It's bad enough he doesn't appear in the new DKC titles, not having finally join Smash would pretty much be the final nail in the coffin for him and believe me I do NOT want that. I wan't to believe there's still hope for our kremling king.

Also, on the topic of Funky, I don't like the idea of him being a clone. I think he'd offer up a unique moveset. I get that it'd be easy to make him a clone since his body proportions are similar to DK's, but I think he has the potential to bring something interesting to the table

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Funky made it in as a DK clone, would his Neutral Special be the Funky Punch?
I dunno, maybe a Surfboard Whack that's also a chargable attack much similar to Giant Punch? But weaker, yet covers more range? :laugh: Really, Funky Kong as a DK clone has much potential and lots of hillarious stuff can come from it.

Anyway, what I also sort of "discovered" or made me think twice is the way Diddy Kong's Peanut Popgun acts in Smash much like the Blunderbuss would.

First of all, it was always dual Peanut POPGUNS in DK64, prior to Brawl, DKC Return and Tropical Freeze. The way the attack charges up, shoots at a certain angle and especially EXPLODES gives a clear nod back to the DKC2 Kaptain K.Rool fight. The Blunderbuss would also explode, and the animation is quite similar as well.

If anything, that could help K.Rool's chances, and the fact they went out of their way to represent Kaptain K.Rool's boss battle a little gives me a little more faith in his inclusion. It also would make it far easier to incorperate the Blunderbuss as a similar attack to the Peanut Popgun, but obviously stronger and probably with more startup and even super armour.

Plus I also think K.Rool would use a lot of claw based attacks based on how the Green Kritter fights in Smash Run.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
BKupa666 BKupa666 yo bro im back and yo the 1st guy i wantes to holla at this is my home now i have a major question though..
Villains still rule where the hell is the Sylux thread??? Why aint there one?

Dont care about no new chars unless they

Sylux
K.Rool
New Ganondorf

Wtf man...i thought there would be a Sylux thread to replace the Ridley one......f***... man its been so long.........

I cant believe im back here.....Real%!)Talk
Got your Sylux thread right here, my man.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
We're getting to the point where K. Rool is thankfully so high-profile that even if "relevance" somehow excludes him (no evidence this is how Sakurai thinks), his legacy as DKC's big bad for multiple games brings him closer to be considered.

And who knows how the ballot did!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I dunno, maybe a Surfboard Whack that's also a chargable attack much similar to Giant Punch? But weaker, yet covers more range? :laugh: Really, Funky Kong as a DK clone has much potential and lots of hillarious stuff can come from it.

Anyway, what I also sort of "discovered" or made me think twice is the way Diddy Kong's Peanut Popgun acts in Smash much like the Blunderbuss would.

First of all, it was always dual Peanut POPGUNS in DK64, prior to Brawl, DKC Return and Tropical Freeze. The way the attack charges up, shoots at a certain angle and especially EXPLODES gives a clear nod back to the DKC2 Kaptain K.Rool fight. The Blunderbuss would also explode, and the animation is quite similar as well.

If anything, that could help K.Rool's chances, and the fact they went out of their way to represent Kaptain K.Rool's boss battle a little gives me a little more faith in his inclusion. It also would make it far easier to incorperate the Blunderbuss as a similar attack to the Peanut Popgun, but obviously stronger and probably with more startup and even super armour.

Plus I also think K.Rool would use a lot of claw based attacks based on how the Green Kritter fights in Smash Run.
Perhaps I'm alone. If he chose Funky i'd be, honestly, livid. Dixie and K Rool? They both have earned their spot as characters, regardless of franchise.

Funky would be a cheap way to get another DK character in without any merit, just because we "need more DK content." It would be all the wrong ways to be listening to the fanbase, in my eyes.

Or worse, a cheap last minute addition, based only on ease of being a potential clone. If we get a DK clone I'd much, much prefer DK Jr, who could easily grow in future installments to become more of a classic DK and less of a knockoff clone.

I'm also not a big fan of clones. I think that they clutter and dampen the integrity of the roster, in time I'd rather have spent elsewhere.

EDIT: Specifically in this game, leftover time shouldnt be considered a thing. They know they will use DLC, so there is no such thing as leftover time. Clone time would be time directly taken from future, well crafted characters.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Just realized the DLC for Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle has yet to release... it will be REALLY interesting to see if there's any Kremling or K. Rool references in it. You'd think a DK centric world and theme would instantly make them a top option to appear. Plus in the current day where they are one of the hot topics of the DK fanbase it seems criminal if they weren't represented. It's true the rabbids in the trailer were Tiki themed but we only saw 3 rabbids. I'd hope we see more, or even do one better and have K. Rool as a boss.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We're getting to the point where K. Rool is thankfully so high-profile that even if "relevance" somehow excludes him (no evidence this is how Sakurai thinks), his legacy as DKC's big bad for multiple games brings him closer to be considered.

And who knows how the ballot did!
It's getting to a point where it's becoming hard to ignore K. Rool not just for Smash, but also for the next DKC installment, and if he returns to his main series then that's more or less a ticket straight into Smash aswell. The only downside to that would be that we'd have to wait for a hypothetical Smash 6, but that's probably the worst case scenario.

Top Bottom