• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I sent rPSI a PM regarding an explanation for some of TL's quickdraw properties and those guys did work! I got a response within a day. So yeah.... do eet.

inb4namesearch

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I sent him a PM like at the same time I wrote that reply I shall wait, with patience of gold!

... Man, to be able to do that consistently... That would really help Kirby quite a bit. If I knew how it worked I would practice it everyday until I could do it consistently, like Melee Samus' superwavedash when landing or doing it from platforms.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm going to assume it's entirely about the spacing, and the other factors don't really matter much.
It's just that, it seems like the spacing requires absolute precision. >_<

Kinda like how Fox/Falco can use Side B on a ledge, and if they're too high to grab but too low to land on stage, he kinda teleports to the top of the ledge, with little to no lag. It's hard for me to do consistently, but I played a Falco that could do it consistently on wifi so it's obviously doable.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm going to assume it's entirely about the spacing, and the other factors don't really matter much.
It's just that, it seems like the spacing requires absolute precision. >_<

Kinda like how Fox/Falco can use Side B on a ledge, and if they're too high to grab but too low to land on stage, he kinda teleports to the top of the ledge, with little to no lag. It's hard for me to do consistently, but I played a Falco that could do it consistently on wifi so it's obviously doable.
I've seen a japanese Falco do it consistently on an offline match, and I even looked around for info. It's called light-stepping and tele-stepping. Wolves lofe to do it, Pikachus can do it, my sister while using Marth did it, I did it with Kirby... MK can't do it though, since you need a move with a set linear/almost linear trajectory (examples of what don't have a linear/almost linear trajectory are MK's specials, Pit's upB, ROB's upB, tether recoveries), and speed which is unaffected by walls (examples of what don't have set speed are DK's upB, Bowser's upB, Diddy's upB).

However, Kirby's upB isn't any of these because Kirby lands after his upB reaches the stage's ledge as he rises. Everyone else cancels their upB/sideB by snapping the ledge too high and having the characters automatically release them, giving them back their 2nd jumps and upBs. Kirby just lands.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
The Quick Cutter -- I'm curious to see what the Smash Lab can figure out! Hopefully something to stop our wondering. >_< Last time I did it was against Drk. Peach and, I'll say, he seemed a bit confused when he saw it. I just smiled and played it off like "yeah, I meant to do that.":laugh:

'Nd woohoo to Kirbs +1.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hahaha, Mike, too pro. :D

Man, this would be such a nice AT to abuse.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Up until now all vids:

Have involved a pivoted final cutter (Kirby facing the ledge backwards)
Have involved a Back air of some kind.
Have been Final Cutters initiated not too far from the ledge

This might have something to do with it?
Have been performed on battlefield.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
:D Entering "Epic of Woodbridge" tournament today. Gonna use Kirby all the way! Wish me luck. :O

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
:D Entering "Epic of Woodbridge" tournament today. Gonna use Kirby all the way! Wish me luck. :O
Let ME know what you rank! Come on man, I'm rooting for you. ;D

Oh, the other kirbies? Naaah, forget about them, they're just humans, pshhaw.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
quick cutter looks like kirbys upb verison of scarring

what was the button inputs for it

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Let ME know what you rank! Come on man, I'm rooting for you. ;D

Oh, the other kirbies? Naaah, forget about them, they're just humans, pshhaw.
The only other Kirby that's here with me is ChuDat. We're going to try our hardest. I probably won't place high since this is week 3 of playing with Kirby, but I got some really good training in recently so I should be alright. :o

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
quick cutter looks like kirbys upb verison of scarring

what was the button inputs for it
It's not some tricky combination, but we don't know where the button inputs start from. It could've been simply an FC close to the edge, it could've been a pivoted fc near the edge, it could've been a pivoted FC near the edge AFTER an aerial... It definitely has to do with the horizontal movement at a certain height, but for some reason, we can't recreate it on purpose...

It's like Diddy's BDACUS, which was discovered in many random matches (I even saw it in my own house randomly, and we stopped the match to save the replay, JUST like Kirby's FC glitch), but no one had any idea on how to do it until a japanese video explaining BDACUS showed Diddy doing it.

I have to say though, Quick Cutter is a nice name for it. I'll start calling it that if I can recreate it consistently. Cross your fingers for the new Smash Researchers to find something out!

@shift: No prob, man. It doesn't matter if you do good or not, what matters is that you learn and do EVEN BETTER the next tourney. ;)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
*Shift suddenly finds himself facing a bracket entirely filled with MKs and ICs*

Star Fox 64 voice guy: "Good luck!"

The only place I can do "quick cutter" consistently is, as I'm you all know because you've memorized each and every one of Kirby's little stage-specific glitches, under Brinstar. Just to the left of where the stage can be split, on the flattish part, you up B under it and instantly land.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
well kewkk i wouldnt put too much faith into this helping kirby. I mean once you figure it out he'll still need to have a ledge to cancel it on, second thing is you need to figure out what the hitbox is doing during those frames of animation. The third would be the opponents options.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
well kewkk i wouldnt put too much faith into this helping kirby. I mean once you figure it out he'll still need to have a ledge to cancel it on, second thing is you need to figure out what the hitbox is doing during those frames of animation. The third would be the opponents options.
I'm just hyping it up is all. ;)

Since there's been no talk here for a while, I'm going to stir something up...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lcodzcCFJ28?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lcodzcCFJ28?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Shift

Smash Journeyman
D: Well, I didn't place well in Epic of Woodbridge. Went all Kirby and I was going up against some good people. I would've done WAY better going as Wario but I ended up with 17th out of 20.

Suuuuuuuuucks. Only week 3 of playing Kirby but I won't be discouraged.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xhXwtH0C4A&feature=recentlik So my fellow Dutchman made a combo video that I would advise everyone to watch. It's pretty **** entertaining even though I'm not in it.
I am totally subscribed to Izaw so I would've seen it anyway :D just hadn't opened it yet.

So my WoW account got hacked yesterday... I don't even know how, my password isn't easy to guess (though now I've made sure it's pretty much impossible) and I didn't fall for anything stupid like the scam emails I always get or go to any particularly shady websites... well maybe I did, who knows.
Anyway my account expired beginning of this month but I can still play the Beta since it's free, but it wouldn't let me login so I checked some stuff and found out my characters had been played yesterday and that confirmed that I was hacked.
But Blizzard responded in less than a day and restored my stuff (which I never got to see was missing) and I got to reset my password and now I can play the Beta again :D

...though when I try to log into Live WoW I get the error message "This account has been permanently disabled. For more information please contact wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com." lolol

oh well, if that's the case, I don't really care

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
holy CRAP that combo video was good.

platform cancels... I kinda know how to do them (hit down on cstick as you're jumping to the platform? that's what I thought, and it's what Izaw said in a comment) but it only works with certain characters, and I don't think Kirby's one of them?

Tiersie

Smash Ace
It works with the entire cast, the timing is just different with each and every one of them. And to platform cancel you have to dair AND hold down on your control stick. But yes the timing differs with all chars and kirby can only do it on his first jump.

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman
platform cancels... I kinda know how to do them (hit down on cstick as you're jumping to the platform? that's what I thought, and it's what Izaw said in a comment) but it only works with certain characters, and I don't think Kirby's one of them?
Actually, Every character can do it. You just jump then Down-A when you're at the platform's height. The timing is pretty strict. Or I think just for me. Lolz

EDIT: Tiersie beat me to it. D;

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
that explains why I do it sometimes with Fox accidentally.
Mostly on Smashville.
I know now to ban Smashville against that guy :D

I'll have to practice this

Triple R

Smash Lord
yeah, kirby can do that, I actually do it alot for fun. You just isn't practical for kirby. You have to wait for the top of his jump. Even then I almost think doing a second jump to reach the platform is actually faster lol XD

I always knew there was potential for platform canceling, but I've never actually went deep into it.

It can be done with any aerial and with an air dodge too, and only on platforms that move. It won't work on Battlefield, but it'll work on Distant Planet.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
I am totally subscribed to Izaw so I would've seen it anyway :D just hadn't opened it yet.

So my WoW account got hacked yesterday... I don't even know how, my password isn't easy to guess (though now I've made sure it's pretty much impossible) and I didn't fall for anything stupid like the scam emails I always get or go to any particularly shady websites... well maybe I did, who knows.
Anyway my account expired beginning of this month but I can still play the Beta since it's free, but it wouldn't let me login so I checked some stuff and found out my characters had been played yesterday and that confirmed that I was hacked.
But Blizzard responded in less than a day and restored my stuff (which I never got to see was missing) and I got to reset my password and now I can play the Beta again :D

...though when I try to log into Live WoW I get the error message "This account has been permanently disabled. For more information please contact wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com." lolol

oh well, if that's the case, I don't really care
You need to be careful with your Add-Ons. There are a lot of ways for people to get through accounts due to Add-Ons. I know a couple of people who have been hacked because of adds on their comps. Make sure you download them safely and constantly look for updates on the add-ons you have.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
and only on platforms that move. It won't work on Battlefield, but it'll work on Distant Planet.
oh mannnnn :[[[
I'm practicing with Fox right now. I don't know the exact details of it, but it seems you need to be near the apex of your jump (whether it's jump, double jump, or ledgejump.. probably even footstools) and I can do it with just the C-stick, in fact that makes it easier. Just C-sticking down for me is what does it. It seems like it would be really useful for Fox because he's such a fast jumper/runner... unlike Kirby >_<

edit: It seems you can do it at any point of your jump :D
I couldn't do it out of a footstool, but the timing is hard and who cares
You need to be careful with your Add-Ons. There are a lot of ways for people to get through accounts due to Add-Ons. I know a couple of people who have been hacked because of adds on their comps. Make sure you download them safely and constantly look for updates on the add-ons you have.
Like I said, my account's been expired. I only used a few addons on Live, and I haven't played Live in a long time. I have no idea how they randomly hacked my account :/

I did get a "login server is busy" error the first time I tried logging into beta yesterday, followed by "invalid password" errors every time after that. I've scanned my compewter for malware and found nothing. I changed all my passwords and it seems to be fixed now >_>

I just have to call customer service to have my account reactivated but I hate phone conversations :(

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
"This Marth literally deserves the title of Messiah."

I can't say anything better about that combo vid than this. I stopped Brawling a year ago...this could make me playing again, albeit on wifi.

My computer didn't actually require a spray-down (phew), the battery just seems to be dying. As long as I can keep it plugged in and charging, it's all good.

Crapton of HW, again. I hate Jewish holidays...

Top Bottom