• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Snake and Frogger duo is obviously the best Konami rep.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I feel like people have been going a little over board with the third parties. I have been seeing more third party requests than actual Nintendo characters.

Maybe that sounds hypocritical being a Snake fan and all. But it is how I feel. My top character requests are veterans like Snake, Wolf, Ivysaur, and Ice Climbers. Second level being important Nintendo characters like Ridley, Isaac, Marshal, and Majora. Then third parties like Shantae and Banjo are on third level.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I dunno, my top three are Rayman, Snake, and Banjo, but Banjo will always be a Nintendo character in my heart.

After them is King K. Rool and most of the veterans, anyone after that is "I'd love to see it but I'm not particularly invested in it."

Probably because it's gotten to the point where most of my favorites are already in/I'm getting to enjoy the surprises more.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Give them bomberman bombs and the vampire killer as customs and you're set.
Holy Water and Bomberman Bombs as grenade custom variants?

(That would actually be really, REALLY, cool.)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like people have been going a little over board with the third parties. I have been seeing more third party requests than actual Nintendo characters.

Maybe that sounds hypocritical being a Snake fan and all. But it is how I feel. My top character requests are veterans like Snake, Wolf, Ivysaur, and Ice Climbers. Second level being important Nintendo characters like Ridley, Isaac, Marshal, and Majora. Then third parties like Shantae and Banjo are on third level.
I think it's because we're running out of Nintendo characters who are seen as "all-stars". Aside from adding a new series into Smash Bros. (and few people can agree on which one should be added), the only characters I can think of who qualify as major characters are Ridley (who doesn't seem likely as long as Sakurai's the director), King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and maybe Impa and Toad. There might be some that I've forgotten, but I guess third parties provide a much larger amount of options.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Feel kinda bad for Ryu, he's getting the same kind of harassment as Snake gets. I don't know why so many people are stuck up when it comes to third party characters. I mean I enjoy characters based on their merits, not by their companies affiliation.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I think it's because we're running out of Nintendo characters who are seen as "all-stars". Aside from adding a new series into Smash Bros. (and few people can agree on which one should be added), the only characters I can think of who qualify as major characters are Ridley (who doesn't seem likely as long as Sakurai's the director), King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and maybe Impa and Toad. There might be some that I've forgotten, but I guess third parties provide a much larger amount of options.
I kind of agree though, sure there are nintendo characters that could be added, but to be honest the majority of big ones are present, when we have daisy requests and the likes of more marios and links, i think we can safely say that we might be scraping the first party barrel big time.
Feel kinda bad for Ryu, he's getting the same kind of harassment as Snake gets. I don't know why so many people are stuck up when it comes to third party characters. I mean I enjoy characters based on their merits, not by their companies affiliation.
Yeah ive already seen the "he doesnt fit at all" and all that towards him, its the same song and dance. Im a huge nintendo fan, huge! But it saddens me to no end that nintendo only gamers are so xenophobic towards anything they dont know or are familiar with. Ive even seen some say that Ryu is not a legendary game character, which is a ridiculous statement, and it just reminds me of the snake hate so much. But they cant do anything about it, like snake before hes here and they cant do anything about it.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Both Metal Gear and Street Fighter had games on Nintendo systems (which saved their franchises), just not as games were released for those two franchises in the NES or SNES days as Mega Man or Simon Belmont. Mega Man and Castlevania both jumped on the Sony bandwagon along with Metal Gar and Street Fighter when the PS1 came out.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Do you guys have a supporter list for this thread? If so, you can add me to the list. Snake is my most requested 3rd party character for SSB4.

EmpoleonArrow

Smash Rookie
Snake was the first character i voted for in the Smash bros fighter ballot, i never payed him much but he was unique in a lot of ways
*sorry, i meant played

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Snake was the first character i voted for in the Smash bros fighter ballot, i never payed him much but he was unique in a lot of ways
Snake worked for you? And you legitimately paid him in money?

:seuss:

I'm kidding, every vote helps.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I hope he is at e3 this year, if not then hopefully sometime next year.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ryu being in has made me realize that Snake seriously may have a chance. 3rd Party DLC can happen.

Also, if Roy comes back, and then Wolf comes back, Snake is one of the last remaining veterans to bring back. Otherwise, it's Ice Climbers, 3 Pokemon (seriously, 9 overall?) and then Young Link.

Snake hype train!

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Ryu being in has made me realize that Snake seriously may have a chance. 3rd Party DLC can happen.

Also, if Roy comes back, and then Wolf comes back, Snake is one of the last remaining veterans to bring back. Otherwise, it's Ice Climbers, 3 Pokemon (seriously, 9 overall?) and then Young Link.

Snake hype train!
That's what I've been saying for the last page and a 1/2. Ryu only helps Snake's chances! Snake is one of the most requested fighters. Snake's chances have never been better!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Snake hype train!
Ice Climbers-lolno
Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur-unlikely
Young Link-:4tlink:

Though to play devil's advocate a bit, Sakurai could only be considering one third party. Just saying.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

If this guidance is used for ALL dlc fighters, then no guidance for snake. Darn, they could do so much with a snake guidance.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink

If this guidance is used for ALL dlc fighters, then no guidance for snake. Darn, they could do so much with a snake guidance.
Snake: Otacon! What's with the weird kid with the angel wings?
Pit: Hey! They're not weird.
Snake: What! ...How are you picking up this frequency!?
Palutena: Hmm, I guess mind-chat and com-chat aren't all that different.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
I was at a sushi restaurant today and a group of friends playing Smash 3DS were sitting a few tables down from me, discussing the roster.
"Where's the furry?"
"Oh, Fox is still in this one."
"And Snake? Where's Snake?"
A silence overtook that table and overtook me as well. I knew that feeling all to well.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I can understand the use of that generic Guidance, but that is seriously a wasted opportunity.

The comments that could have been made on Mewtwo.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Here's a theory. What if they deliberately didn't include Mewtwo's Guidance in the patch because their saving it for when Mewtwo gets released to non-Club Nintendo members on the 28th?

Think about it. With Mewtwo also not having any custom moves, it would make a lot of sense if their going to add that all in when everyone gets a chance to play as him. I could be wrong but it's still a valid theory.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
On the Roy DLC thread, someone (jokingly) said after the April 1st Direct, about the Mewtwo trailer. "Mewtwo reflected Roy's(Bowser Jr. Alt) cannon ball back at him! Roy is coming back!"

I noticed a similar thing with the Lucas trailer. Lucas used his grapple, a snake, towards an actual Snake.

Could this be a hint at Lucas bringing Snake along with him?

Here's a theory. What if they deliberately didn't include Mewtwo's Guidance in the patch because their saving it for when Mewtwo gets released to non-Club Nintendo members on the 28th?

Think about it. With Mewtwo also not having any custom moves, it would make a lot of sense if their going to add that all in when everyone gets a chance to play as him. I could be wrong but it's still a valid theory.
Nice new avatar!

Also, I doubt this is the case, because these lines had to be recorded, and it would only be for less than 2 weeks that they get used, then replaced forever. It just doesn't make sense. It would only make sense if every subsequent release of DLC characters after this followed Mewtwo's example, exclusive for 2 weeks, then available to the public.

Of course, as I am typing this, I remember that this conversation was found months ago, and it could just be the placeholder since the actors were already there, record the lines, then record the lines of all DLC when it is decided.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
On the Roy DLC thread, someone (jokingly) said after the April 1st Direct, about the Mewtwo trailer. "Mewtwo reflected Roy's(Bowser Jr. Alt) cannon ball back at him! Roy is coming back!"

I noticed a similar thing with the Lucas trailer. Lucas used his grapple, a snake, towards an actual Snake.

I want to believe, though this sounds more like insane coincidence than anything.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I want to believe, though this sounds more like insane coincidence than anything.
This is Sakurai, a master of trolling and leaving small references. While I agree, it is me grasping at straws, I wouldn't put it under Sakurai either.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This is Sakurai, a master of trolling and leaving small references. While I agree, it is me grasping at straws, I wouldn't put it under Sakurai either.
That much is true as well.

I'm just hoping we get something at E3...

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
That much is true as well.

I'm just hoping we get something at E3...
I came up with this crazy idea of an E3 trailer a few months ago that a massive veteran trailer would be shown. It would have the cut veterans rising up to fight back Mewtwo who is destroying the roster. It would end (or when the veterans are shown for the first time) with Hayter's "Kept you waiting huh?"

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Nice new avatar!

Also, I doubt this is the case, because these lines had to be recorded, and it would only be for less than 2 weeks that they get used, then replaced forever. It just doesn't make sense. It would only make sense if every subsequent release of DLC characters after this followed Mewtwo's example, exclusive for 2 weeks, then available to the public.

Of course, as I am typing this, I remember that this conversation was found months ago, and it could just be the placeholder since the actors were already there, record the lines, then record the lines of all DLC when it is decided.
Maybe they already have the DLC characters recorded? Take that in to consideration.

Maybe their missing some of the Smash Ballot characters but that's until like October.

Also, here's a general question for you all. How do you think the game's E10+ rating effects Snake's chances of returning?

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
Maybe they already have the DLC characters recorded? Take that in to consideration.

Maybe their missing some of the Smash Ballot characters but that's until like October.

Also, here's a general question for you all. How do you think the game's E10+ rating effects Snake's chances of returning?
DLC typically isn't rated, so it shouldn't effect the game's rating. Plus I don't think Snake's inclusion would make so much of a difference even if it did effect the rating, Sakurai didn't want to use firearms so it didn't promote weapon use to kids.

Although that does suggest explosives aren't real weapons.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
DLC typically isn't rated, so it shouldn't effect the game's rating. Plus I don't think Snake's inclusion would make so much of a difference even if it did effect the rating, Sakurai didn't want to use firearms so it didn't promote weapon use to kids.

Although that does suggest explosives aren't real weapons.
Good point. Their was a rumor of Snake's cut being due to parent complaints or something but I think it might be bogus.

I'll be sure to vote for Snake along with Wolf, K. Rool, and Isaac now that Roy virtually seems to be confirmed.

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman

I think Snake would be appropriate for an E10+ game. His moveset really isn't any more violent than the other characters'.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Ice Climbers-lolno
Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur-unlikely
Young Link-:4tlink:

Though to play devil's advocate a bit, Sakurai could only be considering one third party. Just saying.
Sakurai could. However, Snake is a veteran, meaning he's easy to implement. He is also heavily supported not just by fans, but by Konami and Kojima. Sakurai also has seems to have an initiative for reimplementing returning fighters. You could be right, but Snake has a solid chance.

IRL I'm cosplaying Snake tomorrow. ;)

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I came up with this crazy idea of an E3 trailer a few months ago that a massive veteran trailer would be shown. It would have the cut veterans rising up to fight back Mewtwo who is destroying the roster. It would end (or when the veterans are shown for the first time) with Hayter's "Kept you waiting huh?"
Of course Bowser Jr was said to be found in Mega Man's trailer, Pac Man was said to be found in Greninja's trailer.

Top Bottom