• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Here is what I'd expect/hope

Fire Emblem Concert- Roy revealed
EVO- Ryu reveal
E3- After Star Fox-Wolf Reveal
E3-After Metal Gear Stuff- Snake Reveal.

Or

E3-Ryu reveal
A direct after mgs5 release- Snake reveal

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

EVO- Ryu reveal

Or

E3-Ryu reveal
I don't gef why people are so confident about Roy's reveal during the FE Concert. Why he can't just be there for listening some good music? It isn't like that his whole life is Smash-Centric...

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I don't gef why people are so confident about Roy's reveal during the FE Concert. Why he can't just be there for listening some good music? It isn't like that his whole life is Smash-Centric...
I read that he is presenting there, so that's why I think Roy will be revealed there.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I read that he is presenting there, so that's why I think Roy will be revealed there.
We will see. I'm not expecting anything from there, but it's that we are talking of Sakurai "the troll son of Kojima"...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Maybe they'll do the reveal at E3 and then announce he'll be available for download after the FE concert ends?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Hello all. I'm also a Metal Gear fan even though I haven't played a Metal Gear in a long time. Though I tend to pick up Phantom Pain sometime this week. I've been going through this thread for a while but never had the chance to enter it. I would love to see Snake back on the roster he's one of my top choices for the ballot. I've voted for him several times. I think it'd be great if he got announced at E3 along with Wolf, Ryu and Roy.

Quick question, what do you guys think of an indie character getting in Smash before Snake. Personally I don't see any Indie character making it in Smash. I don't see them getting in at all over other plausible third parties. I don't understand why people are voting for them because there just that impossible to make the cut. It just doesn't seem like Sakuari's style to go through all of that trouble for an Indie character. What do you guys think of the Indie situation?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hello all. I'm also a Metal Gear fan even though I haven't played a Metal Gear in a long time. Though I tend to pick up Phantom Pain sometime this week. I've been going through this thread for a while but never had the chance to enter it. I would love to see Snake back on the roster he's one of my top choices for the ballot. I've voted for him several times. I think it'd be great if he got announced at E3 along with Wolf, Ryu and Roy.

Quick question, what do you guys think of an indie character getting in Smash before Snake. Personally I don't see any Indie character making it in Smash. I don't see them getting in at all over other plausible third parties. I don't understand why people are voting for them because there just that impossible to make the cut. It just doesn't seem like Sakuari's style to go through all of that trouble for an Indie character. What do you guys think of the Indie situation?
...Phantom Pain isn't out yet. :p

An indie character before Snake is pretty ridiculous. If they'd go to the lengths to secure rights and all that, why not secure the rights to a third party veteran?

I like the idea of Shovel Knight in Smash, granted, but only after Snake.

Graizen

Smash Champion
After Mewtwo + 7 there are 5 additional “Mario”s listed. This means, that there are 5 additional unused characters in the fighter table in the latest update. Right now, we know for sure that Lucas is coming. After Lucas, it is heavily suggested that Roy (Fire Emblem) and Ryu (Street Fighter) will be incoming as DLC. Therefore, we have two additional slots for DLC. Whether the two slots will be used for the ballot results, or for pre-ballot result DLC is unknown. Stay tuned for additional information.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/all-about-ryu-and-roys-files/

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
...Phantom Pain isn't out yet. :p

An indie character before Snake is pretty ridiculous. If they'd go to the lengths to secure rights and all that, why not secure the rights to a third party veteran?

I like the idea of Shovel Knight in Smash, granted, but only after Snake.
Dang it, I knew I shouldn't have listened to a friend of mine. :awesome: Someoneone told me this week. Then I looked it up and it was September 1 for XBOX and PS4 she was way off then. Wonder where she heard that release date from then or she got it mixed up with another game? Oh well still hope to get it.

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692

Any 3rd party character before Snake is sill. I think people are going out of control with third parties in general, people have been requesting characters like Sora or Bomberman. The only indie that I think is likely is Shantae due to her history with Nintendo and I feel that she will be well received by the Japanese.

Nicholas Donnoli

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowman9934
Metal Gear to a whole diffrent level. Kojima is taking over the world slowly, he can manipulate anything to work in his way hahaha (Snake in smash)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Any indie before Snake is dumb. But AFTER him it's another story. I would love to see Shantae added (and I think she is also possible since her games are on Nintendo consoles since 2002, making she iconic among the indie characters).

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
What do you guys think is going to happen to the franchise now, since Kojima is going to be leaving Konami? Metal Gear has always been a staple Konami franchise it's going to be sad times if Kojima wants to leave. I understand the guy probably wants to move on. I guess he can do what Sakurai did and build his own small developing company that can still be under Konami and still have the franchise under his name. It'd be weird for it not be under Konami's name.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
What do you guys think is going to happen to the franchise now, since Kojima is going to be leaving Konami? Metal Gear has always been a staple Konami franchise it's going to be sad times if Kojima wants to leave. I understand the guy probably wants to move on. I guess he can do what Sakurai did and build his own small developing company that can still be under Konami and still have the franchise under his name. It'd be weird for it not be under Konami's name.
I think that Konami will still make MGS games. It's too big (like Ridley) for being dropped. And hey, if they are at least an half as good as Kojima's, I will still buy them.
And I also, somehow, doubt that Kojima is going to became an indie developer. I'm pretty sure that he is going to became a movie maker, as he always dreamed...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Konami's definitely going to keep on making Metal Gear games, maybe working with other developers similar to Metal Gear Rising, but without the absurd attention to detail and general quirkiness that Kojima brought to the table, I'm just not sure how good they'll be in terms of story and world-building (though the gameplay will likely remain as good as it usually is).

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Can someone please link me to an official post saying that Kojima is leaving? People keep saying this but I haven't seen an official source.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Can someone please link me to an official post saying that Kojima is leaving? People keep saying this but I haven't seen an official source.
He's not just leaving, he was flat out fired and is pretty much jut under contract now to finish MGSV. Some sort of power struggle is what some people are saying. It's been one of the biggest news stories in gaming in 2015.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
A mystery for the rest of the year, this whole ordeal.

Just waiting to see what it means for Snake as DLC.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
A mystery for the rest of the year, this whole ordeal.

Just waiting to see what it means for Snake as DLC.
I don't think it means much in being able to get Snake. Konami has shown interest in Snake in Smash (retweeted that one guy, and favorited one of my tweets), and obviously they still hold the rights to it, not Kojima.

Basically, it's a matter if they make a deal with Konami, not Kojima.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
If Snake gets in, I just hope we get a proper MGS Main Theme too. I don't care about the whole "Winter Road" fiasco. I want it.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
If Snake gets in, I just hope we get a proper MGS Main Theme too. I don't care about the whole "Winter Road" fiasco. I want it.
Yeah, I wish they told kojima about that after brawl was released, that way we could have had that sick remix done by beatmania.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
What do the Smash/Metal Gear fans feel would be the most interesting and iconic stage for Snake if he was to return?

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I love the optimism here. It used to be gloomier but there's legit hope now that Snake will come in as DLC. I'm obviously biased because, well, I want Snake (and IC) in, but I am really feeling it now.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Shadow Moses for simplicity's sake.

I wouldn't be opposed, however, to something from Peace Walker or Phantom Pain.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
What do the Smash/Metal Gear fans feel would be the most interesting and iconic stage for Snake if he was to return?
Shadow Moses on Wii U and 3DS. The omega stage is battling on top of Rex, very small. Perferably 1v1, no projectiles, fists only.

MagnesD3

Smash Master

EVO- Ryu reveal

Or

E3-Ryu reveal
What makes you so sure about snakes reveal, has there been any signs that point toward him being revealed? If anything I think he would be a poll character IMO.

Top Bottom