• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Id be happy with the middle design or the one on the left. The left would also represent ground zeroes since its the same suit, so it has the most going for it color and texturewise too.

Fpgi

Smash Rookie
Yeah if enough of us tweet Hayter, he'll tweet about it. In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't, this could be his chance to voice snake again(assuming snake isn't already planned and he's voicing him.)
Really strange... maybe he can't say anything because there is already some work in progress! I myself tweeted to Konami but have received no response!!

TPP or Snake Eater would awesome.
Sincerely for me it could be either Solid Snake or Big Boss!! But I would love to play with Old Snake!!

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Really strange... maybe he can't say anything because there is already some work in progress! I myself tweeted to Konami but have received no response!!

Sincerely for me it could be either Solid Snake or Big Boss!! But I would love to play with Old Snake!!
I'd actually prefer for Solid Snake be the main Snake, but I would still like an alt.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
If there is a Big Boss skin, I would perfer it to be MGS3, non Sneaking Suit, or PW Sneaking Suit. However, there is an question we haven't asked.

Facially, how would we distinguish the Solid and Big Boss san the eye patch? Brawl Snake had more facial hair than Solid did in MGS2, and Big Boss would obviously have his facial hair. Maybe it doesn't matter, but it is a rather important cosmetic detail in alts to distinguish Snakes.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
If there is a Big Boss skin, I would perfer it to be MGS3, non Sneaking Suit, or PW Sneaking Suit. However, there is an question we haven't asked.

Facially, how would we distinguish the Solid and Big Boss san the eye patch? Brawl Snake had more facial hair than Solid did in MGS2, and Big Boss would obviously have his facial hair. Maybe it doesn't matter, but it is a rather important cosmetic detail in alts to distinguish Snakes.
I think a good way to do this is to use MGS1 Snake's face. Then use BB for alts. That way you separate the charcters completely.

MGS1 Snake is my number one alt.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a hard time deciding what I'd prefer. There isn't any iteration I like more than the other. I dislike old snake most though.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I think a good way to do this is to use MGS1 Snake's face. Then use BB for alts. That way you separate the charcters completely.

MGS1 Snake is my number one alt.
I actually thought about this, but thought that Snake would be using this MGS2 Sneaking Suit. Sorta forgot about Ike's major redesign, so... yeah. I would probably play as MSG1 Snake and the Snake Camo from MSG3.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
This is a bit of a stretch, but I thought of Snake being split into two, similar to Olimar and Alph; for Solid Snake, there'd be MGS1 Snake, an Iriqouis Pliskin skin, his Brawl skin, and Old Snake. As for Big Boss, he'd have his MGS3 fatigues (similar to the box art for MGS3DS), the common Peace Walker fatigues, his Ground Zeroes appearance, and his Phantom Pain appearance.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm looking forward to that wondrous moment when Snake is finished downloading from the eShop, I load up Smash Wii U, and the next thing I know I'm having a ball playing as Snake on Shadow Moses Island with "Calling to the Night" playing--all in glorious high definition.

Does anyone think that with DLC characters, new trophies, stages, and other features will be implemented into the game? If so, which (returning or new) trophies/custom moves/music from the Metal Gear universe would be brought into Smash 4?

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
If they're willing to do all that for Snake like they did with Bowser Jr, that'd be rad. Just seems unlikely they'd put in that much work.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Yeah I wouldn't expect too much costumes. The least I would expect is brawl snake w/ a mgs3 alt.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If a new franchise gets added to Smash, trophies, stages and all that stuff will invariably be added.

Applies to Metal Gear too.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
This thread should never be on the second page.

Somewhat off topic, do you people think Sakurai would actually consider western characters like Shovel Knight, Rayman and Shantae? I mean look at how Japan reacted to Little Mac.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
If someone is interested, I've putted my "Snake" stage online. Here is a link to the post, you can download it from there on your Wii U!
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFD8whjLQ
This thread should never be on the second page.

Somewhat off topic, do you people think Sakurai would actually consider western characters like Shovel Knight, Rayman and Shantae? I mean look at how Japan reacted to Little Mac.
I think that at least consider them isn't far fetch. And Little Mac wasn't very liked because he was unknown in Japan. Diddy is a wester character (made by Rare), but they liked him, and they are supporting King K. Rool.
Of all those characters, I think that Shantae would bring less problems. His style is pretty anime, and she has a little and dedicated fanbase in Japan (Ken Sugimori is a big fan of her games), and there are several request for porting her games over there.

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't seem Mewtwo has any custom specials or a Palutena's Guidance conversation so it makes me wonder how much content we can realistically expect if Snake is DLC. It would be strange for Metal Gear not to get additions beyond Snake and his trophies but the lack of extras with Mewtwo makes me wonder.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
hmmm... that recent 3ds leak seems to be stirring. It'd be interesting if Ryu and Roy were put in before Snake unless the ballot will make up for that. I guess we'll find out soon enough huh?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I figure it's fake - all of the music is either the exact same as other fighters (Lucas = Ness, Roy = the other Fire Emblem characters), or in the case of Ryu, taken directly from Super Street Fighter 2 and not modified in any way. I could understand stage music not being altered (very little of the Sonic music was changed from the original games to Smash Bros.), but the victory music being the exact same as the 16 bit version is unusual by Smash Bros.' standards.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
hmmm... that recent 3ds leak seems to be stirring. It'd be interesting if Ryu and Roy were put in before Snake unless the ballot will make up for that. I guess we'll find out soon enough huh?
I saw that, I'm hella hyped. I'd main ryu instantly. **** yeah!
If Ryu gets in, it actually nullifies alot of snake arguments:

"No MGSV on wii u, NO Snake in smash"
But street fighter 5 is skipping wii u and hitting ps4 and pc. This game would be more dangerous to promote than MGSV, because it's practically a competitor exclusive(Except for the pc version)

"When was the last metal gear game that wasn't a port?"
Besides street fighter 3D, the last time ryu made a nintendo appearance was in '92,if i'm correct.
Metal Gear was on nintendo consoles in 5th and 6th generations while street fighter was not.

This bodes good news for us.

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I figure it's fake - all of the music is either the exact same as other fighters (Lucas = Ness, Roy = the other Fire Emblem characters), or in the case of Ryu, taken directly from Super Street Fighter 2 and not modified in any way. I could understand stage music not being altered (very little of the Sonic music was changed from the original games to Smash Bros.), but the victory music being the exact same as the 16 bit version is unusual by Smash Bros.' standards.
I had the same thought, but I tweeted smealum (he is reluctant to rip the files) and he stated that the poster is trustworthy. However, I'm still waiting for that list to come out since I'm still a little sketched.
EDIT: Welp.... confirmed. https://twitter.com/CuttingRoomWiki/status/588467223833882627

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I saw that, I'm hella hyped. I'd main ryu instantly. **** yeah!
If Ryu gets in, it actually nullifies alot of snake arguments:

"No MGSV on wii u, NO Snake in smash"
But street fighter 5 is skipping wii u and hitting ps4 and pc. This game would be more dangerous to promote than MGSV, because it's practically a competitor exclusive(Except for the pc version)

"When was the last metal gear game that wasn't a port?"
Besides, street fighter 3D, the last time ryu made a nintendo appearance was 92,if i'm correct.
Metal Gear was on nintendo consoles in 5th and 6th generations while street fighter was not.

This bodes good news for us.
Pretty much, which should blow every argument left out of the water. Im hoping our effort towards snake shows them we want him though, this might give those who assumed 3rd party votes werent worth the trouble some hope. And now the snake fans on the fence can gather up the courage to keep the dream alive

Id actually be pretty happy with ryu in, he was always one of my hopefuls since brawl came out. Snake should come first, but it only opens the doors for him to return if this happens.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
This is great. Another 3rd party with similar conditions to Snake. I was a little concerned at first, both the validity of this leak and how it would affect Snake's chances. Like you guys said, this great for us. Ryu blow every anti-Snake argument out of the water and shouldn't hold up Snake since Snake already has move set. Sign me up for Ryu for Smash4.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I honestly hate the idea of Ryu getting in before Snake, but if it nullifies anti-Snake arguments, so be it.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I honestly hate the idea of Ryu getting in before Snake, but if it nullifies anti-Snake arguments, so be it.
We still have a good chance of bringing him back though, the moveset, stage and many other assets are there and he would be the easiest third party character for them to add hands down. Im not gonna let it discourage us since it actually helps our cause, we can only hope that nintendo will acknowledge the snake fans.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
We still have a good chance of bringing him back though, the moveset, stage and many other assets are there and he would be the easiest third party character for them to add hands down. Im not gonna let it discourage us since it actually helps our cause, we can only hope that nintendo will acknowledge the snake fans.
Someone else brought up an argument saying snake would take alot of work because his entire series was removed, but ryu being a new series would take more work than snake.

All I need is snake and this game will be even more amazing, gosh I can't wait for Ryu.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Someone else brought up an argument saying snake would take alot of work because his entire series was removed, but ryu being a new series would take more work than snake.
Lol whoever said that was a fool, brawl characters are already shown to take less work. Mewtwo had to be remade since he was a melee relic, snake and all the brawl characters have the advantage of being an easier transfer of assets and the games engine.

He doesnt even need a new stage, id be happy with just shadow moses returning. Agree on ryu though, just the sf music tracks alone will be great for smash bros.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
They'll just say there are too many third parties now. Though I did read somebody say Snake couldn't possibly come back because of Konami and Nintendo's supposed relationship and then proceed to suggest Banjo was very likely so that says it all really.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It annoys me that Ryu of all people would get in before Snake, but I'm hopeful he'll still get in.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Ryu deserves it just as much if not more than Snake, this coming from someone who wants Snake more than any other character.

The various versions of SF2 sold millions on the SNES. If it wasn't for SF2 basically starting fighting games as we know them, Smash wouldn't exist.

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Ryu deserves it just as much if not more than Snake, this coming from someone who wants Snake more than any other character.

The various versions of SF2 sold millions on the SNES. If it wasn't for SF2 basically starting fighting games as we know them, Smash wouldn't exist.
Now with that being said, I think we can all agree that Snake has kept us waiting far too long.

BTW, I completely agree with everything you said.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ryu being in should help you guys actually.

Not only will rivals Simon and Bomberman supporters support you too, but this should also show that only legendary characters can get in.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
On the design, I'm 99% sure they'd just use the MGS2/Brawl design again; if they didn't change Link/Zelda to SS designs I doubt they'd change Snake. Unless Konami makes Nintendo use Big Boss from MGSV, but at the same time if Nintendo didn't use Pac-Man's new design, they might not use Boss.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Ryu nullifying anti snake arguments, and Roy proving that unexpected veterans can return, this is truly good for us.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Seems like Previously Cut Vets are getting a lot of Love. Doc, Mewtwo, Lucas and now Roy.

Ryu just further illustrates we can have more than one third party per company AND is a more realistic style character (that apparently doesn't "fit" in).

I am still hoping for the best!

Also, we don't neccesarily need MGS5 on Wii U. Just put up the MGS games on the Nintendo VC - Metal Gear (MSX), Metal Gear 2 (MSX), Ghost Babel (GBC) and Twin Snakes (GC). I am sure both Konami and Nintendo would love for that to happen. I know I would!

If Keifer does end up portraying Snake in Sm4sh, I would guess that he would have more elements of Naked/Venom Snake more so than Solid - both both would be there like in brawl.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Ryu being in should help you guys actually.

Not only will rivals Simon and Bomberman supporters support you too, but this should also show that only legendary characters can get in.
I made a thing.

Konami needs some reps.

Top Bottom