• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
They already didn't get Snake, that's one reason for them to complain. :estatic:

Anyways, i'm glad people liked the idea!
Although PSAS was never getting Snake anyway; he was already in Brawl.

Raiden was the logical choice due to Revengeance coming out in a similar time frame.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Although PSAS was never getting Snake anyway; he was already in Brawl.

Raiden was the logical choice due to Revengeance coming out in a similar time frame.
True, and I still think Raiden was a great choice besides Snake (Haven't played Revengance, but it looks great.) I just remember seeing some people angry because of Raiden getting in over Snake.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
It is somewhat surprising and refreshing to see Snake get so much love in these polls. I usually never see Snake fans when talking in the general Smash boards. If I do, they usually get bashed.

Are most of us silent about Snake?

Quillion

Smash Hero
It is somewhat surprising and refreshing to see Snake get so much love in these polls. I usually never see Snake fans when talking in the general Smash boards. If I do, they usually get bashed.

Are most of us silent about Snake?
Maybe we're just waiting for Konami to stop being an ass and support the Wii U with Metal Gear.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
SNAKE FANS WE HAVE THIS INTERESTING Um... Leak?

http://m.imgur.com/3ifWOCo

Apparently people say this is nintendos results thus far for the ballot. Looks legit. Read the fine print, mainly the last sentence. Makes me very very optimistic and happy. Just keep support going guys. This can be a real good thing here.
Sorry to say but its not legit, it was based on a poll of a short few or one community. The fact that wart, and groose and a few other random ones are on there shows that it wasnt that expansive. This was the one i mentioned a few pages back that people were passing around like it was real, we may never know which ones were highly requested until they show up especially since they probably arent counting votes since this is more like a suggestion box.

-----
Anyway in the meantime lets enjoy the MGS3D tech demo that was first shown in 2011

Nicholas Donnoli

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowman9934
Sorry to say but its not legit, it was based on a poll of a short few or one community. The fact that wart, and groose and a few other random ones are on there shows that it wasnt that expansive. This was the one i mentioned a few pages back that people were passing around like it was real, we may never know which ones were highly requested until they show up especially since they probably arent counting votes since this is more like a suggestion box.

-----
Anyway in the meantime lets enjoy the MGS3D tech demo that was first shown in 2011

yeah your right I keep seeing it as a voting system but it's jut to see what fans want and if it would be possible in the long run. Still good to hear that snake is getting alot of votes.

VioletScarlett

Smash Rookie
Honestly... Metal Gear Solid 5 not on WiiU, no Snake in Smash4.
When's the last time there was a MGS-Game on a Nintendo-Console that's NOT a remake? Exactly.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Well, he doesn't really deserve it over characters like the Rare ones (Banjo-Kazooie/Conker/Joanna Dark) or Bayonetta but the fact that he's a veteran points that out.

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
@ Nauzgo Nauzgo I haven't played Bayonetta, but I heard it's very similar to DMC in the sense that it's an action game that has a character do a plethora of combos to demolish the enemies on screen in an absolutely rewarding and relatively difficult.

I don't understand why anybody would want a character like that in a simplified game like Smash. like if Dante was in this game, he would either have hit stun and knockback so low that the character can REALLY combo but they won't kill at all, or have such absurd Aether-like hit stun that you can get a character to high percent really fast and still be able to kill. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though, I'm sure Bayonetta supporters have their reasons.

You can say Snake doesn't "fit in" but that's shown to be wrong, he really meets all of the qualifications. He is an iconic character with a rich history, has an incredibly unique playstyle that as long as they tweak his aerials, really shouldn't be anything considered broken, he has massive support including Konami's and Kojima's, AND he has the pro of being a veteran. It's not purely him being just a veteran that makes him so wanted, albeit it does influence it.

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
When's the last time there was a MGS-Game on a Nintendo-Console that's NOT a remake? Exactly.
We've answered this question soooo many times, if you don't support snake then please just LEAVE what was the point of even commenting that?? Honestly people like you don't even care about the joy of others and care only about your self, GTFO

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
Not sure what will Metal Gear Solid 5 on the Wii U unlock in Super Smash Bros as the game can be on the Wii U or it can't be but Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS is still the same punch punch kick game.

If this is true...

:drflip::drflip::drflip::drflip::drflip::drflip:
Konami denies it. I'm just going to ignore them as Konami is full on Troll mode.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Wow, it's just like Brawl days, when there wasn't any MG on Nintendo platforms except a remake on the GC, a console of the generation before! And there was to be a certain MG games exclusively to the direct competitor Sony, and that game is still today a KA for the PS3!
Yet Snake was in the game.

It's not a real problem how many games Snake had on Nintendo consoles. Why? Because he already got at least one (actually five), and Sakurai said that one game is enought for being in Smash. Now let's make a very simple reasoning:
-Snake is the most iconic, popular and relevant character created by Konami. He is almost a mascotte for them.
Snake is the most suited for being the Konami rep.
-Konami was, is, and will be a supporter of Nintendo platforms, just like Capcom, Namco-Bandai and SEGA. So Konami deserves a rep.
-Metal Gear doesn't sell on Nintendo Platforms. All five games that have been on Nintendo platforms were commercial flops (except the first on the NES). How could you blame Konami for not waisting money in games that just few people (not enought for repay the effort) would buy? Would you blame Nintendo if they don't produce Wonderful 102 or Bayonetta 3? I don't think so.
-Considering this, why would Konami have to have a minor character as his Smash rep, while the others get their most know ones? It doesn't make any sense. You can argue that Snake made his name on Playstation, and I can respond that Sonic made his on SEGA consoles (and almost all the games that were realised on other platforms since then where pretty bad) and Pac-Man made his with the Arcade game.

And, finally, Snake have some relevance with Nintendo beyond the number of his games on Nintendo systems:
-While Snake may not be relevant for Nintendo,
Nintendo is very important for Snake and MG history. The original version of Metal Gear for the MSX wasn't a success. It was the port on the NES that make the franchise popular enough for have a sequel (Kojima himself said that he wasn't considering to make MG2 until he found out of Snake's Revenge). Without Nintendo the first game would probably have been the last in the series, and not turning into the multi-millionaire franchise that keeps alive Konami by itself that is now.
-Snake is also one of the few TP characters that have
Shigeru Miyamoto as a developer of one of his games. Neither Mega Man or Sonic can have this privilege.
-Snake was the first TP character to be in Smash, one of Nintendo's most important franchise, before Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man. You can say that was just due to Kojima asking it to Sakurai, but Nintendo agreed. I'm sure that if Sakurai wanted to add James Bond or Goku, Nintendo would have blocked him. They felt that Snake was a good addition and was deserving the spot Sakurai gave to him.

If my explanation made you changing your mind about Snake, you're welcome among us supporters. If it haven't, please leave us. I don't want to see Rayman, Paper Mario, Waluigi or Ridley in Smash, and this is why I never went (and I will never go) in their threads or fan-comunity. I have better things to do than say "Your character can't be in the game, and he sucks". They have their own reason for supporting them and I have mine for not supporting them, and I respect their opinions, even if I found them wrong.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Wow, it's just like Brawl days, when there wasn't any MG on Nintendo platforms except a remake on the GC, a console of the generation before! And there was to be a certain MG games exclusively to the direct competitor Sony, and that game is still today a KA for the PS3!
Yet Snake was in the game.

It's not a real problem how many games Snake had on Nintendo consoles. Why? Because he already got at least one (actually five), and Sakurai said that one game is enought for being in Smash. Now let's make a very simple reasoning:
-Snake is the most iconic, popular and relevant character created by Konami. He is almost a mascotte for them.
Snake is the most suited for being the Konami rep.
-Konami was, is, and will be a supporter of Nintendo platforms, just like Capcom, Namco-Bandai and SEGA. So Konami deserves a rep.
-Metal Gear doesn't sell on Nintendo Platforms. All five games that have been on Nintendo platforms were commercial flops (except the first on the NES). How could you blame Konami for not waisting money in games that just few people (not enought for repay the effort) would buy? Would you blame Nintendo if they don't produce Wonderful 102 or Bayonetta 3? I don't think so.
-Considering this, why would Konami have to have a minor character as his Smash rep, while the others get their most know ones? It doesn't make any sense. You can argue that Snake made his name on Playstation, and I can respond that Sonic made his on SEGA consoles (and almost all the games that were realised on other platforms since then where pretty bad) and Pac-Man made his with the Arcade game.

And, finally, Snake have some relevance with Nintendo beyond the number of his games on Nintendo systems:
-While Snake may not be relevant for Nintendo,
Nintendo is very important for Snake and MG history. The original version of Metal Gear for the MSX wasn't a success. It was the port on the NES that make the franchise popular enough for have a sequel (Kojima himself said that he wasn't considering to make MG2 until he found out of Snake's Revenge). Without Nintendo the first game would probably have been the last in the series, and not turning into the multi-millionaire franchise that keeps alive Konami by itself that is now.
-Snake is also one of the few TP characters that have
Shigeru Miyamoto as a developer of one of his games. Neither Mega Man or Sonic can have this privilege.
-Snake was the first TP character to be in Smash, one of Nintendo's most important franchise, before Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man. You can say that was just due to Kojima asking it to Sakurai, but Nintendo agreed. I'm sure that if Sakurai wanted to add James Bond or Goku, Nintendo would have blocked him. They felt that Snake was a good addition and was deserving the spot Sakurai gave to him.

If my explanation made you changing your mind about Snake, you're welcome among us supporters. If it haven't, please leave us. I don't want to see Rayman, Paper Mario, Waluigi or Ridley in Smash, and this is why I never went (and I will never go) in their threads or fan-comunity. I have better things to do than say "Your character can't be in the game, and he sucks". They have their own reason for supporting them and I have mine for not supporting them, and I respect their opinions, even if I found them wrong.
@ VioletScarlett VioletScarlett ok now that I've cooled down I did look extremely hostile, sorry guys
(Violet will get no symphony from me-Ike)

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Nah, nah, violence won't solve anything, Snake would only knock them out eh?

I'm so used to the Snake hate at this point, it's more of a bother than anything to deal with stuff like this. Just keep that red string tied around your finger and all will be right in the end. When Snake comes back, it'll be all the sweeter when the detractors fall.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I do feel like some do need to calm down about Snake bashing. Sure, people will come into this thread to say Snake won't make it in. That doesn't mean we be hostile to them. If we be calm and actually respond with reasons as to why Snake should be in Smash 4 like what @ Nonno Umby Nonno Umby did, then things would be fine. And if they still don't agree, let them be. We shouldn't make ourselves look hostile (and I think you guys are probably the most chill and respectful people in these character boards.) when someone disagree's with us. And even then, just ignore it. It's not much of a big deal, don't let it get to you. Especially if for whatever reason, Snake doesn't make it back.

Edit:

It's a legit point.

The answer, quite simply, being that MGSV isn't going to happen on the Wii U if Konami heeds Kojima's advice. He wants a brand new MGS game on the Wii U - which, I daresay, would only amplify Snake's chances.
This right here is another big point. Let's hope Kojima was able to sway them to the idea of making an exclusive MGS.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's a legit point.

The answer, quite simply, being that MGSV isn't going to happen on the Wii U if Konami heeds Kojima's advice. He wants a brand new MGS game on the Wii U - which, I daresay, would only amplify Snake's chances.

Last edited:

Nicholas Donnoli

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowman9934
Why is everyone crying about MGSV? Mgs 4 was coming out when snake was in brawl, he'll they even put the mgs4 love theme in before it was released. Was mgs4 on wii? And you guys are going to say he has no chance? Mgs5 not coming to wii u has no decision whether it not snake will return plus he's the most wanted veteran other than wolf so if sakurai really cares for his fan base than he's answer to us with snake. So keep your negativity out of this thread and go vote goku in the ballot. This is a thread for snake fans not for haters. Go to your characters thread, Cus Ridley was de confirmed sakurai himself and people still think he's joining oh but snake can't. Please your in the wrong place for doubts.

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Honestly I feel that MGSV not being on Wii U is a legit criticism of Snake. MGS4 wasn't on Wii because the system obviously wasn't powerful enough to handle it. If MGSV can come to Xbox 360 and PS3, it can easily go to Wii U. I would definitely buy the game if it was on Wii U, I don't think it would hurt Konami too much if it failed.
But if that does happen, it better shut up all the people against Snake. I said before, that I feel the Snake hate goes beyond that.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I sure love playing the newest Mega Man game on Wii U... oh...

Snake doesn't need a new game on Nintendo's newest console, plus he already has a 3DS game and theme.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I posted this on the Rayman thread, but I feel like it also applies to the situation with Snake and Metal Gear Solid V.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/324f42/so_the_rayman_account_just_tweeted_this/

I don't get why people are so ridiculously petty about this sort of thing. I see it all the time with Snake, too, but in this thread, people are saying things like "if Rayman Legends had stayed Nintendo exclusive, then it might have been possible". How does that even make sense?

Even if we use the third party characters as examples, Sonic's latest major release before Brawl was completed was Sonic 06, and his latest major release before Brawl was released was Sonic Unleashed. 06 was on every platform but Nintendo consoles, and Unleashed was released on every console available, not just the Wii. Does that mean that Sonic shouldn't have been in Brawl? Of course not! That's just nonsensical!

The same could be said about Mega Man and Pac-Man, where both of their latest releases were multi-platform. (and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, generally seen as the best Pac-Man game in years, never came to Nintendo systems) Does that mean that those characters should be cut because they aren't "loyal" enough?

Nintendo doesn't seem to choose these characters out of some vaguely defined sense of "loyalty" - Snake, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Rayman are all among the biggest characters that some of the most prominent third party companies have to offer, and I wish people would see that instead of making up some vague criteria to keep certain characters out.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think "put MGSV on Wii U, then you can add Snake" is a stupid argument only for the fact that Nintendo fans don't want it. They don't play realistic military games. But, they use it as an excuse for the reason Snake won't get in? What?

Quillion

Smash Hero
For me, the MGS5 on Wii U thing was more a snipe at Konami than it is at Snake.

I mean, they established an INCREDIBLY viable market for Metal Gear on Nintendo consoles when they allowed it to happen (Brawl could only have Snake if Konami allowed it).

Have they exploited this market to their fullest? Nope.

Putting Snake in Smash would potentially be rewarding KONAMI for doing nothing for Nintendo. I personally have changed my opinion on the matter from my initial stance, but if they're still going to refuse to put more Metal Gear on the Wii U, Konami deserves our anger, not Sakurai or Nintendo.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I sure love playing the newest Mega Man game on Wii U... oh...

Snake doesn't need a new game on Nintendo's newest console, plus he already has a 3DS game and theme.
Mega Man has a lot more history on Nintendo than Snake. Mega Man games were poured out by the tons on NES and SNES. Metal Gear had two games on NES, one was a bad port and the other wasn't even a Metal Gear game. Metal Gear really kicked off on PS1, and it's main games have all been primarily on Playstation consoles since. This is why most people prefer Simon Belmont as opposed to Snake is because there was a plethora of Castlevania games on NES and SNES. Granted, I guess you could say that Metal Gear sold more copies than any individual Castlevania game on NES and the fact that the two NES Metal Gears made Kojima make a true MG2 as a rebuttal to that argument.
People will argue that Metal Gear Twin Snakes and MGS3D are just ports or remakes.
Also Mega Man hasn't been given much attention by Capcom. Mega Man for 3DS was canceled. Also there isn't a big Mega Man game coming out for any console this generation. Metal Gear Solid V is coming out for PS4, Xbone, 360, and PS3 which is every console but the Wii U. 360 and PS3 are a lot less powerful than the Wii U, there is no reason why. I don't think it would hurt Konami much to to just try and release MGSV on Wii U.
Last thing is that characters like Pac Man, Sonic, and Rayman have all had games on the Wii U. Some might have been terrible or multiplats, but those are games on the Wii U.

I love Snake and want to see him back. But I wont defend every thing about him being in Smash when there is clearly a reason why some people logically don't like his presence.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I'd like to see the guy back. I'd prefer Naked Snake, since he's the most recent incarnation (On Nintendo Plattforms), but I'm OK with Solid. Supporting the thread in my sig.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If logic in choosing alts applies to Snake, then we'd get four Solid Snake colors and four Naked Snake colors.

Little Mac gets a sweater, a wireframe, and a wireframe sweater, so Snake getting Naked/Solid ain't unfeasible.

Nicholas Donnoli

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowman9934
It is unfair for nintendo with the ngs5 situation but it's fans who are eagerly wanting him back! And why wouldn't they want to please fans and make money off of it? Giving snake a spot will advertise snake but it's not 100% people would buy a new system to play it but I know nintendo will make THOUSANDS if not more by releasing snake as paid dlc. Who's really winning? Konami by advertising? Or nintendo by getting paid dlc that will for sure sell no matter the price if pay 20 if I had to get snake back. Idc I really need him back and you can all keep arguing about him but he was in a previous iteration of the game so he has more chance than any Konami character you all can name.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Metal Gear Solid V is coming out for PS4, Xbone, 360, and PS3 which is every console but the Wii U. 360 and PS3 are a lot less powerful than the Wii U, there is no reason why. I don't think it would hurt Konami much to to just try and release MGSV on Wii U.
I think if anything the reason its not Wiiu is the install base when they started development wasnt there, and from what ive heard most devs got wiiu dev kits pretty late in the game so they didnt get much time to figure it all out with things already in motion. Only a few companies with the money to do so jumped in like ubisoft, who has since backed out a little and even has wiiu games made that they wont publish. I recall people asking for a wiiu version of revengeance, but i think even platinum games said they were too far along or something like that (dont quote me, but i swear they mentioned that to some degree).

I dont mind people saying mega man has history on nintendo systems, because he does and hes a part of all our childhoods. But i dont think thats a reason, or a free pass for any character though, especially when current events are brushed aside for him but not for snake. Capcom isnt doing nintendo any favors right now, no SF5, no RE revelations 2, and at least one nintendo mega man game canceled due to their interpretation of a lack of "fan support". Its just the whole mindset of "whats owed" and "deserve" that really cause any issues for me, every nintendo only fan has in their mind the idea of a perfect roster or pure one as they see it. And as far as im concerned there havent been any third parties that are outlandish enough to not warrant their entry as a fighter. Each and every one of them has their place in the gaming pantheon, whether its more prevalent on one console or another, as third parties by nature they have no allegiance to any one company, and they shouldnt have to.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd like to see the guy back. I'd prefer Naked Snake, since he's the most recent incarnation (On Nintendo Plattforms), but I'm OK with Solid. Supporting the thread in my sig.
Brawl Snake is a combination of Solid and Naked anyway. Naked's green bandana (as opposed to blue) and prominent facial hair and Solid's MGS2 sneaking suit. He's not even labeled as anything but "Snake" in Brawl either. I imagine something similar would be done for Sm4sh.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Brawl Snake is a combination of Solid and Naked anyway. Naked's green bandana (as opposed to blue) and prominent facial hair and Solid's MGS2 sneaking suit. He's not even labeled as anything but "Snake" in Brawl either. I imagine something similar would be done for Sm4sh.
Really? Wow, I know a lot of Smash facts, but that's one of the most interesting. I always wondered why he was just called "Snake" and not "Solid Snake"...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Would you even buy mgs5 on Wii u? No other third party supports the Wii u anymore, and yet konami is the one who always gets called out here. If megaman was still a triple a franchise. I guarantee you its next installment would skip.

Nicholas Donnoli

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowman9934
Would you even buy mgs5 on Wii u? No other third party supports the Wii u anymore, and yet konami is the one who always gets called out here. If megaman was still a triple a franchise. I guarantee you its next installment would skip.
Exactly if mgs5 came to wii u 3 people would buy it. The people who act like mgs fans but don't play sony systems. Snake earned his spot as a chracter not a nintendo supporter. He is so known he didn't need any nintendo exclusives and yes all they have are ports and a couple if NES games but who cares! No one would buy mgs on nintendo so why complain? People already cry about the 3ds port and they want TPP? Yeah keep dreaming haters.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Exactly if mgs5 came to wii u 3 people would buy it. The people who act like mgs fans but don't play sony systems. Snake earned his spot as a chracter not a nintendo supporter. He is so known he didn't need any nintendo exclusives and yes all they have are ports and a couple if NES games but who cares! No one would buy mgs on nintendo so why complain? People already cry about the 3ds port and they want TPP? Yeah keep dreaming haters.
I still am hesitant about rewarding Konami for nothing, though.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I still am hesitant about rewarding Konami for nothing, though.
Kind of the same for me. Except that I wont defend something that I know I can't win with logical reasoning. I think that the no MGSV on Wii U is a valid argument, I don't think Snake fans can make a logical attempt to refute that point, so I don't try. I just accept it as a valid and logical point, then find a bunch of my own logical points to defend Snake with.
It really doesn't matter much to me if people buy MGSV on Wii U or not (I would buy it), but it would quell a lot of peoples feelings about Snake being in Smash.
Sonic
-History of rivalry with Nintendo
-Has exclusives on Wii U

Pac Man
-Has games on Wii U
-Namco helped develop Smash 4
-History in arcade games

Mega Man
-Has a lot of history being on Nintendo.

Also most people don't have a problem with Konami, just Metal Gear. There are tons of people who want Simon Belmont due to his history with Nintendo. A lot of people want Bomberman due to his history on Nintendo (lesser extent than Simon), and he is cartoony and "fits". Konami isn't the problem here, it is that people don't see Metal Gear having barely anything to do with Nintendo.
Also I am willing to bet that there would be a whole lot of people saying the same thing about Rayman, if Rayman didn't have Legends primarily on Wii U. But his games are on Wii U, which gives a lot of ground to his supporters,

Quillion

Smash Hero
Kind of the same for me. Except that I wont defend something that I know I can't win with logical reasoning. I think that the no MGSV on Wii U is a valid argument, I don't think Snake fans can make a logical attempt to refute that point, so I don't try. I just accept it as a valid and logical point, then find a bunch of my own logical points to defend Snake with.
It really doesn't matter much to me if people buy MGSV on Wii U or not (I would buy it), but it would quell a lot of peoples feelings about Snake being in Smash.
Sonic
-History of rivalry with Nintendo
-Has exclusives on Wii U

Pac Man
-Has games on Wii U
-Namco helped develop Smash 4
-History in arcade games

Mega Man
-Has a lot of history being on Nintendo.

Also most people don't have a problem with Konami, just Metal Gear. There are tons of people who want Simon Belmont due to his history with Nintendo. A lot of people want Bomberman due to his history on Nintendo (lesser extent than Simon), and he is cartoony and "fits". Konami isn't the problem here, it is that people don't see Metal Gear having barely anything to do with Nintendo.
Also I am willing to bet that there would be a whole lot of people saying the same thing about Rayman, if Rayman didn't have Legends primarily on Wii U. But his games are on Wii U, which gives a lot of ground to his supporters,
Considering Konami has pretty much thrown out all its classic franchises except for Metal Gear, I'd say that Konami is the problem.

Top Bottom