• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Thread

Google

Smash Rookie
Okay. Well the Heatmakers will definitely try to make it. Hopefully a little after 5 ish, but most likely 6.
I'll give the official shout out on Friday though.

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
Ok a couple people have said they can't make it but I'm still expecting a good 8 or so to show up. Hopefully you and your friend can make it, Jameel. I'm going to have 4 setups unless Warren can't come then we will only need 3. Either way this is just the start of many smashfests(although they won't be happening at my house after this one).

Google

Smash Rookie
I think it's safe to say we'll make. Expect us around 5:30'ish.
Just out of curiousity, who won't make it? Oh yeah, what is your name incase I call?

See ya tomorrow.

EDIT: Ugh, I don't know what just happened--but the PM you sent me just dissappeared. Can you resend it to me? It had your cell number, address, and quasi-directions to your crib.
Thanks.

Jiano

Smash Ace
I sent the info again, lemme know if you got it.

It seems the list of people that will be there is:
Jiano
Joe
Powda
Christian(WizZipBoum)
Warren
Jameel
Jameel's friend
David

Snap Pop and Sean(that *******) can't make it. So that's 8 people, meaning i'll need a 4th cube, I'll probably just get David to bring his though.

Edit: Oh yeah and my name is Daniel.

D2K.KoR

Smash Rookie
First off I would like to state that this is David Kirk. For any Kentucky players that have made it to Ashley's most recent Smashfest or Game Junkie tournaments, hello again. Anyway...

This is basically very off topic from what you all are talking about but anyway, how would one of you Kentucky players feel about housing an Ohio Smasher for a night just to Smash? I am looking to just Smash with people I have not really played much, or at all for some Kentucky players, but I am planning my own Smashfest either the end of this month or the beginning of September so I am thinking it will wait until about the middle of September...

If anyone is interested just let me know. If no one wants to Smash with some old school Ohio, I guess I will hit up Michigan or Indiana...

Jiano

Smash Ace
Good sheet today at the smashfest. That was some **** good showing for KY smash. We had about 10 or 11 people which was a huge improvement over like 4 people we had last time. EVERYONE needs to practice up. My falcon went undefeated the whole day :dizzy: , which shouldn't have happened. Anyway hopefully Sean or someone can step up and host the next one, because I could only host a smashfest while my parents were out of town. Good sheet KY I think we could have tournies pretty soon(when people practice up~).

--

Hey David Kirk, I was at Ashley's last smashfest and I think I remember you. I'm not sure yet but I can probably house you if need be. I just want to say that the competition here is really low compared to ohio/indiana/michigan, so if thats still ok with you then give me a week and I can let you know if I can house you.

Google

Smash Rookie
Hey.
Nice turn out. I learned a few things.
1#. I'm really rusty.
2#. Even if I practice to get back to my old level, I'd still be garbage.

The game has evolved too much for me. It has left me way too behind to catch up. The top-tier characters are even more top-tierer..if that makes any sense. I don't have the time, nor interest in getting good with anyone, especially the top-tier characters. But I was happy with my Ness though. I always liked that loser character.

It was nice meeting everyone, and fun games all around. Even though Daniel ripped me a new one. I don't think I ever got close to even beating his C. Falcon. Good games all around.

D2K.KoR

Smash Rookie
Jiano, I do not remember playing a Captian Falcon from KY at Ashley's latest, but either way, if you could house me it would be much appreciated. Again, I will have to see what is going on with my Smashfest date before I can for sure post about when I can be down, but anyone and everyone is invited to my place for that Smashfest once everything is set. I only live about twenty-five minutes north of the Ohio-Kentucky border...

MarthAlan

Smash Rookie
Man...

Are all Kentucky smashers from Louisville? I'm from Henderson, in western KY. Anyone from around there? The toughest opponents I have are Lv 9 computers. Other than that I have to play my 12 yr old cousin. Help!

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
You didnt get beat? oh jiano has jokes now dont worry im a get back tommarow night and put you inline sometime next week.

MarthAlan

Smash Rookie
Mmm...that sucks. My cousin is the only one that cares. He pretty much knows everything I do. He just... Well, sucks. Well, could you tell me about the closest tournaments to me? Thanks either way, si o no.

Jiano

Smash Ace
It seems you are really far from most tournies. MLG Nashville isn't too far away, Gamejunkie in Cincinatti, and SMYM in Champaign, Illinois. Those are probably the closest tournaments for you, which are the closest tournaments for us in Louisville too.

Edit: Nashville is only like 3 hours away, WTF. Why aren't we going to this?!

Jiano

Smash Ace
I don't think so Dane. Pretty much all the KY smashers that post are from Louisville except a few. Where is Kenton county anyway?

By the way Sean's falco beat me the few times I played him. I just get owned by falcos too bad. Hell he wasn't even playing his falco to his best potential even though he was comboing me all the way across FD. My lack of falco experience shows, so Sean be prepared to fight me falco vs falcon many times until I am comfortable fighting falcos (My tech chasing is kinda sub-par).

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
We need more people to play and i need someone to make me a new signature cause im far too lazy to make a new one.

MarthAlan

Smash Rookie
Tournaments.

I count 13 different smashers in here, including myself. 9 to 11 are in the Louisville/Lexington areas. Surely you guys could come up with a tournament somewhere. Pro smashers and others nearby would definitely show for maybe a cash prize and an indoor place to play. With the right sponsorship and effective advertising, you guys could definitely get something going. Maybe even get it to be an annual thing.

Jiano

Smash Ace
We would host the tounries if we had a place to host them here in Louisville, but we don't. Last I heard the guys near Cinci were going to host one but I haven't heard from them in a few weeks.

Also I don't think many smashers around here want to throw money in for a tourny, because sadly they aren't confident in their abilities and don't want to practice up.

Edit1: Oh yeah, and some of the smashers around here don't even look at this thread, the slackers. It's hard to get things setup when I have to contact them directly one at a time.

Edit2:
Ok I'm desperate to play people in some more smash no matter your skill level. I've played Joe every few days for like the past year and a half. I'm asking for someone to host a smashfest or tourny or just invite me to play smash.

I am probably going to the Gamejunkie tourny in Cinci(like a 80% chance) and will have 2 spots if Sean doesn't go. I'm pretty sure Powda is driving himself so if anyone wants to go with me feel free to ask.

In November there will probably be a smash tournament at the festival of games(FOG). They had a smash tourny the last 2 years, but the rules were horrible, and I just wanted to give a heads up for Louisville area smashers.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
Hey Kentucky guys... check out my thread for the state crew battles... you guys are pretty cloes and hopefully this turns big. Post and let me know if Kentucky's best are up for the challenge of the best in IL, OH, IN, MI, MN, etc... i need to know who would be a crew leader in Kentucky too, if you accept.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
yeah we'll do a state crew battle, we will need more people tho cause only about 3 of us are playing enough, we might have to work something out.

Google

Smash Rookie
I would be up to play again at another get-together, even though I'm pretty old school. But I can learn fast. Only problem is, I have a life. So that usually gets in the way. But when that's out of the way, I can make room for something else. Since Smash Bros seems like it's the only competitive game in KY/IN, I guess i'll try to play it every once in awhile. But I'm more into traditional Fighting games, like Tekken or SF.

But if you give me a super heads up, and the rare chance that I will actually check this lame site, I will try to make something--if anything is ever held again. Plus I like playing with Warren, he's a cool cat.

Holla.

Google

Smash Rookie
Right now, it is hard for me to do anything actually. My job forces me to work random hours, on random days, and I usually work on the weekends! I even worked today(Labor Day) for 8 hours. Plus you guys live far from me, add the fact the gas is 'dunkulous right now.

I wish the LVG or whatever that place is called, still existed--even though the price was nuts. Because it was a middle meeting area, but no one ever showed up for anything there. So that place was considered gutter garbage. It would be hot if there was an area we could play downtown, or if anyone lived downtown or close(I used to actually).

If we could hook up at a middle ground (I live in Indiana), It would so much easier for me. Plus I'm trying to find an actual 9 to 5 job, so that would leave me "free" on the weekends most of the time.

Jiano

Smash Ace
I am pretty sure Powda lives downtown. The thing is some of the smashers live in oldham county so downtown is really long drive for them.

Anyway Saturday I am goin to Cinci with Joe, and Sunday I gotta work so I won't be able to play this weekend.

Just Dan

Smash Rookie
hey, guys. i just moved to Louisville recently, taking classes at ITT Tech, and i'm lookin for some smashers to play with. if anyone just wants to hang out and just play smash or knows any smash related things goin on in or near louisville let me know. id love to play. its gettin boring playin against CPUs all the time. im only decent, ive only recently started learning how to use the glitches and advanced techniques, but hey, all the more reason to play.

Jiano

Smash Ace
In what part of Louisville do you live? Joe and I are in the St. Matthews area, Powda is downtown, and there is a couple smashers out in oldham county but I guess they don't count. I'm available to play almost everyday if you want to come to my place. Lately though we haven't really played much smash, but hopefully we will have a smashfest or something soon.

Just Dan

Smash Rookie
I believe I'm in Jefferson County, near the intersection of Hurstbourne and Shelbyville, close to the St. Matthews Mall. Sounds cool, I hope to play with ya soon. Just IM me or somethin, I mainly use MSN and AIM.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
i dont count, what the ****?! oldham county is where the champ resides, naw but seriously i got my license and i did count from the beggining, your the one who always says you cant play.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
yea, i live close to downtown... a little south. i live really close to UL off eastern parkway.

i live with some roommates, so with enough notice i could kick everyone out and host somethin here. i dont check this thread a whole lot so everyone should IM me so we can keep up with each other better.

my IM is Powda193 (surprise, surprise) and jaino's is sun jiano. wow, we're really creative... anyhow, hit me up, everyone.

Jiano

Smash Ace
I meant you don't count as a Louisville area smasher, but if you really want to I guess you can, haha. Anyway I am available to play but always having to drive you to your house can be a pain because I don't have my own car. Since you have a license now maybe you should drive out here and play, because as long as I am not working I can smash.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
We gotta get a team together from kentucky its gotta be like
SOUROUSH
C Murda(Jiano)
joe
PowdR
and some other people

we got to get alot more people and our team needs to get better i dont know anything about kaptain kernal or anyone aside from me jiano and joe, but we need people on our level or better than us to be on a kentucky team.

Top Bottom