• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Thread

mr.link

Smash Cadet
well, once another touney get's up and running and is close by myself and a few other's might show up.It is true you can play online altho there's a rubber band effect,well in the last versions there was im not sure if there were updates or not but you can find out more about it on this site.I will be looking foward to some touneys here and i will keep an eye out on this thread as well.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
im having a smashfest at my house tomorrow, saturday the 10th...

sorry for the late notice, it should be a lot of fun tho.

IM me if u need directions:
Powda193

or u can try my cell:
594-0406

sheik_puffer08

Smash Rookie
:chuckle: Finally, someone is willing to get SSBM started in KY. I would have already tried this but I have limited automobile access. Yu are a life saver & im willin to help in any way I can!! :chuckle:

:teeth:Please contact me about any future SSBM get togethers ;)

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
I like that people are suddlenly coming out about smashing in Kentucky, theres a few out here too that are interested, i wanna get anyone who plays smash in KY on the forms

sheik_puffer08

Smash Rookie
Wat up ppl, just wanted to let evry1 kno that im thinkin about putin on a tourney or smashfest. Need to get an idea about how many ppl would b willin to attend be4 anything becomes official. :confused:
Let me kno so I can look for a possible location.
It will be around louisville KY(specifically, Fairdale if you kno were thats at) :laugh:

sheik_puffer08

Smash Rookie
Hey JIANO, wat up! (or anyone else interested)

Wat up, just wanted to kno if you would want to get together 1vs1 ;) , a little competition check :chuckle:
Give me yur # so we can set somethin up(if yur interested :chuckle: )

My # is (502) 384-9089
(please dont call after 9:00)

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
Hey sheik_puffer check your emal. Anyway I'll probably call you tomorrow after I get off work and we can see about playing some 1v1.

Edit: Hey I called that number and I asked if it was sheik_puffer from smashboards and the person who answered said "Sorry you have the wrong number." So either call me(774-0695) or tell me who I am supposed to ask for when I call you.

sheik_puffer08

Smash Rookie
For Jiano

Wat up, sorry about that , should of told ya that no one knows my screen name. :laugh:
Anyway, if I dont call first then when you call ask for Cory. :kirby:
Who should I ask for also.

By the way how old r u? Just curious.
(im 16)
Hope to play ya soon. :chuckle:

sheik_puffer08

Smash Rookie
We'll be in touch, Jiano

Thanks for the info, hope we play each other soon.
Do you hav any friends who can play SSBM well? :confused:
If you do I have a friend who would be willin to play some team SSBM.
Just a thought, if not then dont worry about it.
Ill call today. See ya! :chuckle:

Jiano

Smash Ace
I doubt I can play tonight(Wednesday) I work from 6 pm to 11 pm. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday would be good days though.

I have many friends who play ssbm, but only one of them lives near me, and only like 3 or 4 of them are any good.

Edit: And the good news is I should be getting my own car soon so I won't have to use my parents car and can do whatever the hell I want. Also this means that I'll be going to a lot of tournies. Good sheet.

Someone needs to plan another smashfest(Powda or anyone) to help the KY smash scene, we gotta keep it active and alive.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
check out MC^3 Kentucky... can u handle the crew battles? HOPEFULLY MI,WI, IL, IN, OH, and you guys can all enter at least 1 five man team... date is set now.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
Yeah we might do crew, we will be handicapped tho by a few players, im thinkin if we cant conjure up some motha ****in ride aka Jiano, it would be Me Jiano Joseph probably Brynden and Powda unless some of these new guys are really good and have just been in hiding for 2 years. I want alot of us to goto these things and get some **** on the map. Yadadimean

Jiano

Smash Ace
viperboy_74 said:
check out MC^3 Kentucky... can u handle the crew battles? HOPEFULLY MI,WI, IL, IN, OH, and you guys can all enter at least 1 five man team... date is set now.

ROFL. Maybe if we were like 20x better. Right now I wouldn't want to waste the money because Sean, Joe, and me are the best people we have and well, we aren't that good.

Edit: But hey we could imrpove a lot between now and then so you never know.

Jiano

Smash Ace
I'd still come to the tourny for singles and teams, its just that crews seems dumb for us at the moment. Our best people are on par with other states bad people. What am I saying though, we would probably enter it even if we had a guy who didn't even know how to play the game on our team, because smash is fun as hell even if you get owned.

We are having smashfests and crap though so we will be getting better before then.

Speaking of smashfest this friday Powda is hosting one, try to get there at 7 pm or later. If you don't know how to get to his house call me or IM me.

DevilZero

Smash Rookie
I'm a Lexington Smasher, don't have transportation though. Never been in a tournament either.

RapE

Smash Ace
Whats up Devil finally became part of the family of smashboards.....lol

Jiano

Smash Ace
DevilZero said:
I'm a Lexington Smasher, don't have transportation though. Never been in a tournament either.
I think there are some other Lexington smashers in KY, they just don't say much in this thread. If you ever somehow get transportation you would want to check out Cinci probably since theres a few good people there.

The smashfest last weekend was really ****ing crowded. **** I didn't realize I invited so many people. I thought it was pretty fun because we had EVERY louisville smasher together at once for like the first time. It sucked that we only had 2 setups.

Sorry Cory if we scared you and your friend off. Sean wouldn't get off the **** TV when he showed up and played Joe like 20 times in a row. And I don't know if you were cool with what everyone was doing if you know what I mean, heh. I hope you guys plan on attending future smash gatherings because Louisville smash needs every smasher we can get.

sheik_puffer08

Smash Rookie
Scared? NO!

You all are a lot better than we thought. We were hoping to win a little more, but I think our egos were kinda high. :ohwell:
Anyway, we have been training non stop and I think we might actually pose more of a threat next time. ;)
For our first time w other real smashers I thought we did our best. :laugh:
It wuz a learning experience more than a "let's kill evy1" type of thing. :chuckle:
If their are any more gatherings, smkashfests or tourneys around louisville, let me know. ;)
Thanks!

DevilZero

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one here who thinks fighting with weapons is stupid? I guess I'm old fashioned but I like it one on one, fight with what you came in with, may the best man win. (preferably hyrule castle or final destination) Is this basically what these things are like?

sai_:)

Smash Ace
when is this tournament?(and i do like hyrule but if you use the bottom area its hard as hell to die )

DevilZero

Smash Rookie
sai90 said:
when is this tournament?(and i do like hyrule but if you use the bottom area its hard as hell to die )
are you kidding? I love that area... people won't follow me down there, that's my zone baby! Who cares about dying. I love the fact that they don't die, it's fun just pounding them left and right until they run away. :laugh:

Jiano

Smash Ace
MyNiggaNameDante said:
are you joking Junior Jiano Devilzero
Wtf?

Sup dudes who wants to hold a smashfest this weekend? Or who wants to play some smash sometime this week? I know Sean does so if he wants to come to my house he can.

You got a car before me Sean, you bish. If I don't have a car by time the next midwest tourny comes around you better be taking us.

DevilZero

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking of teaching my cat to play... uhem! Anyway, regardless of my transportation, still need info on when and where this thing's gonna be... lalalalala

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
We need someone to house Me Daniel Joe and maybe brynden ill probably end up driving its all good, can someone house us 4 for the two days

sheik_puffer08

Smash Rookie
Time and Place!

Hey, I got no problem with going to smashfest but I cant host anything, sorry.
Jiano, if you or any1 else wanna set somthin up im there.
Just reply or give me a call.

My # 384-9089 (if you need it)

Top Bottom