• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Thread

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
Someone needs to just host smashfests or biweeklies for us. That way we can request off work or whatever and get the practice we need. We need to get a lot better if we are going to even consider doing a crew battle. I don't want to waste money on it in our current state 0.o

And why do we need a lot more people?

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
im thinking about holding a smashfest at my place sometime. weekends are much better for me. we can have a good time (ie drinking and partying) since i live on my own (with roommates). when do u all think would be a good time? i need plenty of notice so i can kick my roommates out B). i should be getting like a 61" TV soon, so it will be phat.

btw, sean(dante) powda is spelled with an A, not an R.

Jiano

Smash Ace
YAY Powda. I'm thinking the 29th might be a good day to hold a smashfest. It's up to you but it's a Saturday and it gives people a couple weeks to prepare. Anyway lets try to get as many people as we can to go so maybe we can have a cheap tourny, like 5 bux entry.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
ok but we gotta use real rules, no bull**** rules,
we can't have secret characters, no secret stages, no banned stages, friendly fire off, items on low, all the rest of the tournament rules and it should be 1st 50 2nd 30 3rd 20 4th 10, you know all the jiano rules

MarthAlan

Smash Rookie
MyNiggaNameDante said:
ok but we gotta use real rules, no bull**** rules,
we can't have secret characters, no secret stages, no banned stages, friendly fire off, items on low, all the rest of the tournament rules and it should be 1st 50 2nd 30 3rd 20 4th 10, you know all the jiano rules
No secret characters? That's horrible. Rules like that are meant to be broken...

Secret stages are needed too...

Other than that, I see nothing wrong.

MarthAlan

Smash Rookie
OH! That's what you were talking about...

Wow.

Right. Just, uh, seein' if you were payin' attention.

Yeah...

What? I don't feel stupid at all! Why would I? HAHAHAHhahHAHahHAHAHAHahahhahahahHA!!!!!11!!ELEVEN!!11!!!!ELEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!1

Now I feel stupid...

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
Well there having a lanwar this weekend and supposedly theres gunna be a smash tourny im a go win it and hopefully hustle many people there, maybe make like 50 bucks. C Murda you should sign up.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm a Kentuckian, but I live way up north. Not many smashers near me cept ohio peoples. :\

Jiano

Smash Ace
Ok guys, this isn't 100% but I am probably going to host the SSBM tournament at Festival of Games(downtown Lousiville). I just wanted to give everyone a heads up because its on Nov. 19th and 20th. If for some reason there won't be a SSBM tournament I'll let you guys know.

YOU GUYS BETTER GO IF I HOST THIS!

Jiano

Smash Ace
Wtf? Where do you get 300$ total from? I am still waiting for a reply from them or for them to put smash up on the schedule. Hopefully we will see soon. Also I played some more Louisville smashers, but weren't too good.

Also Sean, you won't beat Joe. Joe is gonna 4 stock own OMGSZ~~!

Fastest

Smash Ace
I will be in Kentucky from January 5th until January 10th or so. Anyone willing to host for a few hours of gaming?

I'll be just outside of Witchitaw, or whatever it's spelled.

Jiano

Smash Ace
Ok guys it is official there will be a tournament in downtown Louisville at the Kentucky International Convention Center, November 19th - 20th.

Place:

221 S 4th St.
Louisville, KY, 40202
Kentucky International Convention Center

Times:

Saturday 1 pm - 6 pm Singles. I wanted to have Singles on Sunday but I have a lot less time and don't want to risk it.

Sunday 3 pm - 6 pm Doubles.

I will be using mostly MLG rules for this tournament. I changed the random and banned stages due to local rules.

Visit: www.festivalofgames.com to view the game schedule or to pre-register(requires paypal or credit card). You can sign up the day of the event but it costs 5$ more.

Note: I know it may be expensive but you can enter multiple tournaments. So if you're good at Halo or Soul Caliber 2 or Magic: The gathering, you can enter those as well. I shouldn't mind unless you take too long then I will be angry.

There will be 4 big 50-60 inch T.V.'s and 4 Cubes. It should be enough if we only have 15-30 people but I would hope everyone tells there friends and makes this bigger and better.

RULES:

Entry Fees:
The Mutli-Pass for both days if you pre-register: 25$
Single pass if you pre-register: 15$(I think)
Multi-Pass on day of event: 30$
Single on day of event: 20$

Tournament Rules
•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•4 stock, 8 minute limit
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF

•Stages:
••Stages limited to the 5 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
••Neutral stages: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams,, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium
••Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's Island 64, Big Blue, Jungle Japes, Great Bay, Yoshi's Island, Venom, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Mushroom Kingdom 2.
••Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking(Jiano's add on: Unless both players agree to play on a stage.)
•Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed

Other Rules & Special Issues

-- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

--Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

-- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

**Rules are subject to change at day of event(most likely won't)

Smash Ace
geez. i have no idea how to use paypal, and dont have a cred card... So i guess thats.... 40$ for singles and doubles... can i stay at your house? so i dont have to pay for a hotel?!?! i guess i can add 10 more for food....

so 50$, and maybe 10-20 for gas. hmmm as long as i can win most of that back i dont have a problem with it ^_^

depending on how i get down there i might not have a partner... im going to call david kirk

Jiano

Smash Ace
Hey 1337 its only 30$ at the door to get in for both days, and I can house you most likely. If you don't have a partner I am almost sure Joe will team with you, haha(sorry other KY peoples he wants money). Yeah just hit me up on AIM if you need anymore info, even though I work all day everyday.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
nah i need a partner ill partner with you

••Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking(Jiano's add on: Unless both players agree to play on a stage.)

lol

Me jiano joe and david should play afterwards i might take you guys out to get some food with the money i get, dollar menu of course

Jiano

Smash Ace
Just got back from the tournament, and it had a surprisingly high turn out. We had 36 sign up which is insanely amazing for louisiville. SADLY, they were all noobs. Here are the results:

1st Sean
2nd Joe
3rd noob01
4th noob02
5th noob03
5th noob04
etc...

Afterwards I played Sean for the title of best in Kentucky and I won 3-0 so Sean pick up your slack and get better kk?

And Joe disappointed me he was supposed to win. Anyway tomorrow is teams and some random FFA tourny I don't care about.

Edit: Update

Teams happened today, and I was gonna participate. Since Joe was a bish and didn't want to go today I teamed with Powda.

Results:

1st Powda and Me (Pwned everyone ~)
2nd Sean and Brynden
3rd Noob01 and Noob02
4th etc

Anyway I think I've come to face the fact that there's only a few of us that are any good in KY and there is almost no more potential in any other noobs. Oh wellz.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
its not my fault yall suck *** marcs named jiano and who ever else dont play, if i had someone to play you know it would be like the old days when I befuddled you when we played.

plus were gunna have another match for best in kentucky

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
i think in our friendlies anyway i still beat you more than you beat me without even playin my suck *** falco, also i did **** well in teams considering my partner they were all close

Jiano

Smash Ace
Haha, yeah we are pretty close in skill I believe and those team matches were close. I am pretty sure I won more friendlies but it doesn't matter cuz I won the matches that counted, and no johns about not being able to pillar, practice some and come pwn me so I have a drive to get better.

Those team matches were really funny. You would be like brynden get the marth! And he would let me just hit and run on him, and you kept yelling at him, man that was funny. Everytime Brynden would suicide or something you would go insane, hahaha, those were some fun matches.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
he would die like 3 times for everyone one time i did, yeah there are really no excuses im just out of practice especailly with falco its all good tho i think brynden is willing to play now.

B

batman0033jt1

tournys???

hey, whats up people, kinda new to this but i was just looking for some tourneys to play in...im actually from ohio but my brother lives in kentucky and we are usually always lookin to play....so just let me know if there is anything going on around there anaytime. ill try to check this but im not on my comp alot so if you dont here back just email me at batman0033jt1@aol.com....chyea!!

also...are these tournaments you play for money or just for fun....cause i wouldnt be opposed to puttiin some dough down at some tourneys

Zozefup

Smash Lord
One of my friends just told me about a smash tourney in Paducah KY. Have you heard anything about it? I don't think the person holding it is even part of smash boards because I can't find it anywhere :(

A

Arkafazin

Anybody out there in the Lexington area? I go to UK and I'm bored on Saturdays since I quit Yu-Gi-Oh! If anybody wants to play, tell me where and when. But probably not this semester. Too much stuff to get done in so little time.

mr.link

Smash Cadet
wow this thread is great. I myself know a few other people who play ssbm for the gc. we get toghter all the time and play and it so happens i came across this thread.I do live in ky , lexington. for tournies i can get me + maybe 2 more people to join altho i should warn everyone we are very highly skilled players. i saw a post a while back ago that asked for ages i'm 23 and the people i could get would be around the same age as me. I been playing ssmb online for the gc but there was some rubber ban effect i'm goin to check for update's on it but i'll be more then willing to show up and bring a few friends with me. I am just about allways opent o play it online with the gc if anyone eles knows how just give me a pm.

Jiano

Smash Ace
mr.link said:
altho i should warn everyone we are very highly skilled players.
Haha, and how do you know you're highly skilled players? What big names have you played to know how good you are? Anyway, you should look to going to some of the Ohio tournies to play good people because I don't know anyone that can play the GC online. Playing in person is better anyway.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Hey, just out of curiosity, who was the other kentucky guy I played at GJ? I played Jiano, didn't get the other's name.

Top Bottom