• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kantplay Open Mafia: Rarefaction | Game Over!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
why do you like it specifically and what was so telling for you that you had to unvote right away

Chaco

Never Logs In
why do you like it specifically and what was so telling for you that you had to unvote right away
The way he presented himself s what I liked. It was concise, and fully revealed the intent of his actions and tied together past posts. The wishy washiness claimed was not so, it was just not full disclosure and something I looked over when reading him. What I read of him as town is the way everything is augmented, firstly, everything flows now. The explanation given was enough to tie together the missing pieces that I was attacking. Also, his intent is fully displayed now and he concisely explains what he was looking for, thus eliminating any doubt I had in him using it as a method to attack for, rather than to scumhunt. His intention seems to be scum hunting to me, and that, tied with his responses, I do like. Everything is collected and flows, nor do I sense any deceit among anything he's said. His intent is clear enough to me now, and wit that I do have a town lean on him given the manner of how it was handled and how his responses flow with the previous statements and actions. I had no reason to leave my vote on him, especially with me leaning on his read as town. Thus, the unvote. I'm no longer weary of Cass, and will continue looking at him though to see if my read observed as town is further substantiated or alternatively gives me the reason enough to look back at his intentions as scummy.

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
xat semper sokr and dark horse plz post more ty

casa whats your read on chaco

that is all :)

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
casa whats your read on chaco
He likes to write a lot and is certainly giving more than what I've seen from the rest of you. I'd suspect the people more who are continuing to coast over him, even if I think he was being a bit scatterbrained.

Chaco

Never Logs In
that was way too easy chaco. firm dislike for how easy you made that. def reads like you had pre determined to step off him
Not really.. Elaborate on why. I had my dislikes about the way he was playing, and he justified his actions in such a way that revealed the intent posted before. He quite clearly, and concisely so, made it apparent that there was no ill intent behind his initial "loaded question". My dislike on the slot was over that, and what I thought to be the differences in approach that didn't line up. when fully explained, elaborated on, it left me feeling good with him. The way he posted, and dealt with how I pushed him gave me a good town lean on him. He didn't act defiantly more so than in the beginning to say I was reading to deep, and made it clear to me that once he fully posted out his thought process that I was missing the links in between his posts where his actions did augment with one another.

I don't see your dislike. Also, I'd like you to elaborate more so on your read on him, and the reads you still have not elaborated upon.

And I don't see how at all it seems like I had it pre-determined to step off of him. I'd like you to point out why you believe that is so, and give me something to respond to about that. I believe it's quite clear why I stepped off of him.

Outside, of that note, I'd like to see more @Semper Hardbody and @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~

Chaco

Never Logs In
He likes to write a lot and is certainly giving more than what I've seen from the rest of you. I'd suspect the people more who are continuing to coast over him, even if I think he was being a bit scatterbrained.
I wouldn't say scatterbrained, more so looking for the full intent behind your posts. I didn't want to leave an uncomfortable feeling with you, and it aided furthering discussion so I pursued my unease. Anyways, thoughts on Rake? His dislike and how he said it looked pre-planned to hop off of you?

Chaco

Never Logs In
EBWOP to Post #126: I hadn't seen your original post Rake, or I would've responded to it wit the later question. Crashboards in conjunction with my terribly slow DSL has aided in that...

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
He's a bloody idiot who should be taken care of sometime soon, but I don't feel like wasting a lynch on him today.

@Semper Hardbody

Is your vote on Sokr based on what he has said or how much he has contributed?

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Unvote
Vote Chaco

I agree with Rake, Chaco backed off way too quickly there. Especially after how hard he was gunning for Cassevetes just a few posts ago. Chaco also seems way more wordy than I remember him being in Marvel vs DC. Almost like he's adapted a new way of speaking which, based off of how I do the same sometimes, means he's probably hiding something. It's not much, but I'm not liking Chaco so much atm. For the record, I've still got a FOS on Cassevetes.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Not feeling the Chaco push at all. Changing one's mind is scummy now? That's awful. If one tunnels he's scummy for tunneling, if somebody doesn't put his reads out in the open he's scummy for keeping open his options and if somebody realizes that he's wrong on something then he's scummy for backing off too quickly. Apparently you're already scummy as soon as you fail to do everything perfectly. Awful. Learn how to actually hunt scum and read intention @ Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake and @ Sokr Sokr

Everything that Chaco has pointed out about Cass seems plausible and genuine. The only thing that looks wrong was the conclusion that Cass is scummy. That is not the case in my book. There's nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with Chaco backing off. He had seen something about Cassa's play that he felt was off, nudged and pressured him to get responses and realized that his read was wrong and that Cass isn't scummy so I assume that he'll move on to vote somebody else now. That's how you play mafia and find scum. Both Chaco and Cass are fine.

Leaves me wondering how much dumb and how much scum is packaged in Rake's and Sokr's push.

Vote Sokr

:059:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I never said it was scummy though I just said it felt too easy. Seeing that chaco can actually back his reason to step off was all I was looking for from him.

Sokr jumping the gun and voting chaco over it seems more null than anything because the way I worded my post definitely made it seem like I was scum reading Chaco to some extent when really I was just trying to force his hand a little to see if he'd substantiate his move

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Gheb why do you feel sokr was scummy over dumb visa view your vote ? Why does sokr scum jump so hard at chaco when legitimately the most I gave was a perspective / opinion of chacos actions. It seems needless for sokr to be overtly aggressive about voting chaco when the source of his idea (me ) hadn't even committed to it yet. If anything sokr took the implication of my post and decided to pressure chaco over it. I view that as a townie thought process and feel if anything sokr taking the idea and running is more dumb town because as scum he'd at least know enough to know that an angle like that wouldn't bear much weight.

The fact is without chacos explanation his change of reads was much to easy and I've got to winder why you felt like chaco swapping didn't at least warrant a raised eyebrow. Yes reads can change but without the reasoning behind them out in the open you have to take a changing opinion with a grain of salt

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Not feeling the Chaco push at all. Changing one's mind is scummy now? That's awful. If one tunnels he's scummy for tunneling, if somebody doesn't put his reads out in the open he's scummy for keeping open his options and if somebody realizes that he's wrong on something then he's scummy for backing off too quickly. Apparently you're already scummy as soon as you fail to do everything perfectly. Awful.
This is why I sit back and watch the first half of every Day 1. Then people can only criticize me for being inactive.

/proddodge

For reals, though, I had a busy weekend. Caught up on reading now and willing to answer questions if anyone has any for me (no promises I'll reveal hard reads before I'm ready, though). Also note my ability to post from work is limited.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

This is why I sit back and watch the first half of every Day 1. Then people can only criticize me for being inactive.

/proddodge

For reals, though, I had a busy weekend. Caught up on reading now and willing to answer questions if anyone has any for me (no promises I'll reveal hard reads before I'm ready, though). Also note my ability to post from work is limited.
whos scum.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Gorf, to your question they were all mostly gut and feel reads substantiated by little more than my personel feels. some of them were a little more directed to test the waters but so far the only thing to note is you following up which is null

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
Gorf, to your question they were all mostly gut and feel reads substantiated by little more than my personel feels. some of them were a little more directed to test the waters but so far the only thing to note is you following up which is null
thats fair

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
Rake said:
I never said it was scummy though I just said it felt too easy.
Rake said:
firm dislike for how easy you made that. def reads like you had pre determined to step off him
These two thought processes don't coincide well. You obviously disliked what you seen of him, but you're backing down on your own words right now. What does 'too easy' mean in this context and why is it scummy?

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
EBWOP:

Seeing that chaco can actually back his reason to step off was all I was looking for from him.
..I really don't get you right now. Did you dislike it or no? Why mention it if you didn't have a problem with it? Chaco hadn't done anything before you made this statement. It makes it your read seem fabricated and forced.

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
These two thought processes don't coincide well. You obviously disliked what you seen of him, but you're backing down on your own words right now. What does 'too easy' mean in this context and why is it scummy?
EBWOP:

..I really don't get you right now. Did you dislike it or no? Why mention it if you didn't have a problem with it? Chaco hadn't done anything before you made this statement. It makes it your read seem fabricated and forced.
ahh **** wait yea

i think youre an idiot for thinking that changing your mind on something is inherently bad if its "too quick," but why are you taking it back by saying its not scummy?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb why do you feel sokr was scummy over dumb visa view your vote ? Why does sokr scum jump so hard at chaco when legitimately the most I gave was a perspective / opinion of chacos actions.
I feel no need to answer this question.

:059:

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Sorry about the inactivity.

Chaco push is atrocious. I quite liked his approach and the fact that he pulled off showed that he is able to consider some other options and not **** like "hurr durr that was too quick." I think that Rake is just being dumb (it's raketarded for a a reason), but Sokr's push feels a lot more like he's trying to get on something (That "wordy" point is terrible). As such, Vote: Sokr

I like cassy. He's done a good job of explaining his thought process under pressure so far.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Liking both Cassavetes and Chaco better after a quick re read. Gonna do a full re read later.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Oh,

Unvote

The wordiness I was looking at isn't actually there. Maybe some of the bigger words confounded my sleep deprived brain. I dunno.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Votecount

Sokr [4] - Cassavetes, Semper Hardbody, Gheb_01, #HBC | Dark Horse
#HBC | Rake. [1] - Cream Team
Cassavetes [1] - #HBC | Rake.

Not voting: Xatres, Chaco, Sokr

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is October 2nd at midnight CST.

Last edited:

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Actually unvote

I'm still on Sokr in spirit. I just don't want this to be a repeat of a game that doesn't exist.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Unvote
Vote Chaco

I agree with Rake, Chaco backed off way too quickly there. Especially after how hard he was gunning for Cassevetes just a few posts ago. Chaco also seems way more wordy than I remember him being in Marvel vs DC. Almost like he's adapted a new way of speaking which, based off of how I do the same sometimes, means he's probably hiding something. It's not much, but I'm not liking Chaco so much atm. For the record, I've still got a FOS on Cassevetes.
I wouldn't say it was gunning that hard, rather than pushing him to help further my read. Also, this is naturally how I post. In Marvel v DC, I was mod confirmed town. If you look into my earlier play you'll notice the similarity in how I play, also let me remind you, I joined a spree of games as I was getting back into mafia. I expound upon my thoughts a lot so as to not leave it unclear where my thoughts are at, and where/which direction I'm looking, or heading.

Also, you say I'm being wordy, but you don't call it fluff. That's because I'm substantiating my thoughts, wouldn't that be the opposite of hiding something, Sokr...?

This post seems pretty grimy, imo. And in mirroring Rake's actions, almost opportunistic at the idea that I could perhaps be pushed as a mis-lynch. Your quick back peddling of this stance is dually noted as well.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I like cassy. He's done a good job of explaining his thought process under pressure so far.
This is exactly hat I thought, thus leading ultimately to my change of opinion on him and the town lean from what I've seen.

I also agree with your thoughts on Sokr seeming almost opportunistic on Rake's idea. Of the two, Sokr seems much more likely as scum to me with his amended stance as soon as it was opposed.

Lurkers need to get in here more and give us more to work with.

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
Votecount

Sokr [4] - Cassavetes, Semper Hardbody, Gheb_01, #HBC | Dark Horse
#HBC | Rake. [1] - Cream Team
Cassavetes [1] - #HBC | Rake.

Not voting: Xatres, Chaco, Sokr

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is October 2nd at midnight CST.
for clarification

is the deadline in approx 48 or 72 hours?

Top Bottom