• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kantplay Open Mafia: Rarefaction | Game Over!

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
I didn't expect Semper to be town at all. I've had it in my head that Gheb/Semper was SvT from the get-go and how they were both playing.

Part of me wants to default back to Rake again but that's stupid in hindsight.

The people like Dark Horse or Gheb for that matter really need to explain what they saw in Sokr, DH especially given that I still don't like how he played his vote yesterday.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
The people like Dark Horse or Gheb for that matter really need to explain what they saw in Sokr, DH especially given that I still don't like how he played his vote yesterday.
I saw an opportunistic leap followed by grody-ass backtracking. I've already explained why l unvoted and revoted like I did. Furthermore, why did you unvoted in 154?

I need to think

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And you know that in the end I only voted for Sokr because we needed a hammer, right? I saw something in Sokr at the beginning of the Day which I think was a decent lead - his pretty poor attempt to wagon Chaco.

Honestly, that feels almost too obvious to be true. But I guess it's not a bad plan to lynch either Rake or Sokr toDay. Or Xatres. Or Dark Horse.
At that point I had also repeatedly been voting for Semper. So me hammering Sokr was more a "functional" move for the purpose of making infro available via Sokr's flip rather than me being sure on Sokr actually flipping scum.

Rereading.

:059:

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
How am I not prodded or replaced yet?

Sorry guys, I have no excuse for my absence other than apathy/neurotic avoidance after falling behind. I'll try to read up and give some thoughts today or tomorrow. No promises, as Mondays are usually one of my busiest days of the week.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So after rereading through the first Day I'm coming up with a pretty unconventional, drastic conclusion ... it's pretty a long read but it should give you a good idea on where I'm standing currently:

[collapse="Reads, Connections, etc"]THIS GAME IS ****ING STUPID HOLY **** WHAT HAVE YOU ALL PEOPLE BEEN DOING ALL GAME? I wanna lynch like everybody toDay ... [/collapse]

Chaco

Never Logs In
This game. I'm not questioning my initial read on his intent now...

Vote: Cassavettes

Kantrip

Kantplay
Votecount

Cream Team [1] - #HBC | Rake.
Cassavetes [1] - Chaco

Not voting: Cream Team, Xatres, Gheb_01, Cassavetes, #HBC | Dark Horse

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline is October 12th at 11:59pm CST.

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
You should honestly vote me so I don't have to deal with everyone squabbling over nothing and not discussing nearly anything since Semper was killed. This game is an absolute crapshoot that I don't really want to partake in, so if my figurative blood gets you to get your head out of your ass and start playing then I will gladly take it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Can you tell me what your initial read was again?

When I read the initial intent behind his posts, they didn't flow. Everything was spaced out, and looked to be sparsely connected and not augmented from the initial stance. When he explained why, I took it, because it made sense. But, idk, when I first read over it, I really disliked it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
You should honestly vote me so I don't have to deal with everyone squabbling over nothing and not discussing nearly anything since Semper was killed. This game is an absolute crapshoot that I don't really want to partake in, so if my figurative blood gets you to get your head out of your *** and start playing then I will gladly take it.
Y'know, you could help this. I see you starting that, but, I want to see more of you. Getting mad off one isn't anything to do. After Sokr, and Semper both are town, I defaulted back to my initial read until something changes that. Nothing to get mad over. This game is moving aggravatingly slow though, and not really anyone is adding much of anything to it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I mean, I don't think you're wrong in disliking Cassa's play but I think marshy's reasoning was better. We could lynch him or anybody else except you and me toDay imo :p

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
Y'know, you could help this. I see you starting that, but, I want to see more of you. Getting mad off one isn't anything to do. After Sokr, and Semper both are town, I defaulted back to my initial read until something changes that. Nothing to get mad over. This game is moving aggravatingly slow though, and not really anyone is adding much of anything to it.
I'm not mad at you, I'm mad about how slow this game is and how hard it is to post in here because absolutely nothing is being discussed. I stated how I felt about the kill and I only got one response, which was from Gheb. It'd be really easy to lynch DH/Xatres/Rake today and If it came down to it I'd want DH above all else, but the reasoning you'd get me from me is about as shallow as the game is because nothing has really progressed at all; it's gut if you're wondering.

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
i guess playing observer is a bad idea here.

if we ml toDay the game goes into rarefaction. for as ****ty as this activity is, something tells me our best bet is to prepare for rarefaction unless somebody gives a legitimate reason and vote to call somebody scum. personally, rake is my strongest scum read, and objectively thats not saying much. i agree with cassa's list of xat/dh/rake but tbh i think lynching xat is our best bet since hes ****ing dead weight.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, but at the same time, he's wanting to be replaced. I just don't feel comfortable lynching him as deadweight with his desire to be replaced. He said he couldn't keep up...which find hard to believe...this game has progressed not far along since sign ups even.

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
i mean i feel where youre coming from, but i dont think it was a matter of wanting to be replaced, rather than being surprised that he wasnt. and by that token i think its really peculiar that hes almost openly refusing to catch up (we have what... 5 pages of actual content?).

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, I agree with that. Which is why I said it, I mean he's made no comment on the game whatsoever. It's just frustrating because if he's town...it's wasted. We lose another townie, and then have nothing more to work with going into D3.

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
i am but one person willing in discussion that doesnt have a concrete read. we have like 5 more days left, if we get some good discussion flow i think well be better prepared, but honestly rarefaction DOES open up a lot of info for us, which is why if we dont have any solid leads, getting rid of the deadweight is our best bet (THAT IS IF HE WANTS TO BE MORE THAN THAT (HINT HINT)).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm starting to think that Rake might be the best lynch toDay. Any objections?

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
zero. if the game is as awfully slow in two days as it is now, i say we just go for it n give the thread a spike in activity.

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
Vote: Rake

Regardless if we hit rarefaction or not, this needs to happen sometime soon.

@MOD: May we please get a replacement for Xatres?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Well that was like nothing. Surprise surprise.

I know I said that Rake was being dumbtown, and I still stand by that, but I just realized how destructive dumbtown can be in this game. If rake makes it to rarefaction with his terrible reads (CT? Seriously?), he could cost the town his group, and therefore cost town the game. As such, Vote: Rake

I don't get why xatres is up for lynch when he's very likely going to be replaced in the next couple of days (assuming he continues to be this active)

Cass you still need to answer my question

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
dat pile up

ayyo dark horse are you actually just up n defaulting to lynching your dumbtown read? whos scum?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
dat pile up

ayyo dark horse are you actually just up n defaulting to lynching your dumbtown read? whos scum?
Yep. So little **** has happened in this game that I'm lost. You're here talking about "preparing for rarefaction," and that's what I'm doing.

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
aight. what does it spell for you if xat isnt up for replacement by before deadline?

also whats your read on casa?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
aight. what does it spell for you if xat isnt up for replacement by before deadline?
I'd be willing to swing to him. I would be annoyed at the fact that we get virtually nothing out of him but hey at least we'll have a full 4 townies for rarefaction.

also whats your read on casa?
I am annoyed at him not answering my question from 154, but aside from that I think he's town. I agree with his rake vote, obviously, and his push on me feels more misguided than scummy.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Pretty sure we lose the game if we mislynch + Xatres is modilled toDay. 7 alive, 2 die at the end of the Day, 1 gets NKd = 4 players left, 2v2, game over.

@ Kantrip Kantrip

Can we expect a replacement for Xatres sometime soon?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If Kantrip doesn't find a replacement we have no chioce but to lynch him toDay ...

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
so off-topic quick handed comment, but xat is officially blacklisted from the general publics non-mini games right? cuz **** his activity on a more than regular basis -.-

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
so off-topic quick handed comment, but xat is officially blacklisted from the general publics non-mini games right? cuz **** his activity on a more than regular basis -.-

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Agreed. Him signing up for games but not playing them has definitely decreased their overall quality.

Top Bottom