• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
splatoon is having that pirates vs ninjas but i'll be on the pirate side due to kaptain k.rool and other pirates i know of this is only kaptain k.rool's time to shine as of now after king k.rool *Crocodile Cacophony music playing*
Kaptain K.Rool: lets see if we kremlings can win this splatfest over the ninjas well its worth a try

cothero

Smash Lord
Tennis makes for a boring video game no matter how many characters are added to it. K. Rool deserves a better return than that anyway.

Brilliant! Did you make that? If so, would you consider giving us a visual aid for his home improvement persona, auto-correct's very favorite, K. Tool? :smirk:
Yes, i did it. :b:
"King K. Tool"? Never heard of it, man.

Morbi

Scavenger
Not to be bias, but I honestly think they're choosing other characters because they think K.Rool is
likely & they're trying to be original.
Usually I would disagree. But, well, Sora is top three and Isaac leads King K. Rool. I was a defender of King K. Rool's lower placement on the original poll, but this just seems illogical. I cannot think of a plausible reason for his low placing.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Usually I would disagree. But, well, Sora is top three and Isaac leads King K. Rool. I was a defender of King K. Rool's lower placement on the original poll, but this just seems illogical. I cannot think of a plausible reason for his low placing.
Isn't it that Etika poll? Going on what's been said around here about that channel, might that explain it, perhaps?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Isn't it that Etika poll? Going on what's been said around here about that channel, might that explain it, perhaps?
Etika does not control who people vote for.There entitled to there opinions.In reality in the youtube/casual community sora is a popular choice.So him being that high doesn't surprise me much i personally think k rool doing so low is the case of people going agaisnt the grain.K rool is super popular and as such people probably didn't vote for him just to be contrast.

I dont think we should throw this poll to the wayside either.This got a widespread appeal over 1000+ votes is more than any reddit or smashboards poll we saw.Atleast we can see who people voted for besides k rool in the casual crowd

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Etika does not control who people vote for.There entitled to there opinions.In reality in the youtube/casual community sora is a popular choice.So him being that high doesn't surprise me much i personally think k rool doing so low is the case of people going agaisnt the grain.K rool is super popular and as such people probably didn't vote for him just to be contrast.

I dont think we should throw this poll to the wayside either.This got a widespread appeal over 1000+ votes is more than any reddit or smashboards poll we saw.Atleast we can see who people voted for besides k rool in the casual crowd
It being over 1000+ votes doesn't mean anything since it could easily be botted.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Er, I should point out that I don't even know who or what an Etika is. I've heard it mentioned around here as some YouTube channel that doesn't seem to be well-liked.

I also never said that anyone wasn't entitled to their opinions. At all. Your post doesn't seem to be addressing my post that you quoted.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Er, I should point out that I don't even know who or what an Etika is. I've heard it mentioned around here as some YouTube channel that doesn't seem to be well-liked.

I also never said that anyone wasn't entitled to their opinions. At all. Your post doesn't seem to be addressing my post that you quoted.
wasn't really addresed to you at all my man.Actually dont know why i tagged you

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
"MOLD THE FUTURE OF SMASH!"
Yeah, okay Etika, sure.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
http://strawpoll.me/5813790/r

This poll bothers me...

Our kingly crocodile overlord should be higher.
Not that anyone can enforce it, but our policy in the Kutthroat thread has been not to post or discuss anything put out by Etika. This is so as to keep discussion on K. Rool and not on memetic garbage that is almost always passive-aggressively anti-K. Rool to boot. This poll means nothing anyway, so no one should be worried as a result of it...it's been weeks since the ballot ended and this is so blatantly being flooded by bots, it's not even funny.

On that note, man, it's only been a few weeks since the ballot closed, but it feels like it was much longer ago. The rampant Inkling rumor and info drought definitely contributed to that for me personally.

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
http://strawpoll.me/5813790/r

This poll bothers me...

Our kingly crocodile overlord should be higher.
Not to be that one guy, but we aren't supposed to talk about ____ here, it just gets in the way.

Yeah, okay Etika, sure.
That is most likely the dumbest statement I have heard him say.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
My last words on this poll right now is this:

Whether Rool comes in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even 10th, it won't matter. _____ can say all he wants, but he will never understand how much passion and care the kutthroats have. That is the reason why K. Rool is a ballot choice, it wasn't because of a company pressuring fans to vote or some celebrity, it was the love of the fans that brought him back.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
C'mon guys, any new leaks? I cannot wait to play as King R. Cool.

I feel like his signature move should be "THE K. TISTA BOMB!!!" (kudos to those who get that reference)
Yeah, okay Etika, sure.
I don't get why people care about the opinions of these YouTubers who probably don't play that much Smash lmao.

Hell, I don't know why anyone listened to me back in 2007 and 2008. I don't get the draw of it to these personalities rather than focused on discussion and comprehending what a specific part of the masses are saying TBH.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
(Here we go)

So they're finally here!
Performing for you!
If you're related to birds
You can
Join
In
Too!
Put your jaws together
If you wanna snap
As we take you through
This reptile rap!
HUH
Croc Fact!
Of the Day!

He's the most studied of the bunch
Americans know him well
He's back from the brink
He makes ducks sink!
His powerful jaws
Can make wooden beams cry
If he death rolls
You're gonna die
He's bigger
Faster
More cold-tolerant, too
He's the first member
Of the Kool Croc Krew!

(I'm skipping the refrain)

This croc's got style
So listen up, Cubans!
She can hunt in packs
For tasty humans
She's quick and aggressive when she needs to be
She can cruise through a swamp
And gallop at high speeds
If you chose her
Your choice just rocks
With a snap and a snarl
She's one Kool Croc!

He has no style
He has no grace
This croc
Has a funny face
He can guard hatchlings
When he needs to
And annoy fishermen
Just for you!
Inflate his nose
Just like a balloon
This krazy croc
Might be extinct soon. :(

He's back again
And about time, now
And this croc's smaller than a sea cow
He can swim up rapids
With his super-smooth snout
With his fangs showing
You'd better watch out!
His tiny sharp smile
Rises up from the gloom
But piranhas beware
'Cause he's after you!

Finally, he's here for you
It's the last member
Of the Kool Croc Krew!
This croc's so strong
It isn't funny
Can make a great white
Cry out for mummy
Can travel the oceans
With relative ease
Makes island hopping
Seem such a breeze!
He may be mean
Causes tons of people to die
But this croc's
One hell of a guy!

C'mon, Yacare!
Hide under the bridge!
Osteoderms, child care, nicticating membranes
Salt glands, four-chambered hearts
And powerful brains!
And powerful brains!
Aw yeah!

...I got carried away.

Croc Fact of the Day Returns 3D: crocodilans don't chew their food. They either swallow prey whole, immediately tear it into chunks and swallow those, or store it underwater (usually under a log or rock) to let it rot for a bit and soften up. The only problem with the last option is other crocs sometimes steal their little food cache. Hm, where have I heard that before...?
This Croc Fact of the Day has to be one of the best yet. I found myself singing to it and be informed. Keep doing them, they're amazing.

:bowser:

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
This Croc Fact of the Day has to be one of the best yet. I found myself singing to it and be informed. Keep doing them, they're amazing.

Aw, thanks man! I'm kind of thinking of doing an in-depth analysis of the rap for tomorrow's fact (I squeezed as many mini facts into it as I could). Would you Kutthroats prefer that, or an entirely new standalone fact?

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Aw, thanks man! I'm kind of thinking of doing an in-depth analysis of the rap for tomorrow's fact (I squeezed as many mini facts into it as I could). Would you Kutthroats prefer that, or an entirely new standalone fact?

I'm talking about the DK rap analysis ( I love this corny song so much)

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
An analysis would be great. Some of them I didn't actually didn't know much. It'd be really appreciated as I found myself interested a lot in the many 'species/types/kind' of our favorite aquatic reptile to be honest.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I've got to echo everyone else, here - an in-depth analysis of the rap would be fantastic, just as the rap itself was. :grin:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I was just browsing for decals on Etsy, trying to figure out whether I should do something fun with my spare stock New 3DS cover plates, and I found this neat stylised K. Rool decal.

It's pretty cool, and matches all of the others in the seller's Super Smash Bros. and Super Wishlist Bros. decal line-ups, so I figured that it was worth sharing. ;)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Although, Shogun K.Rool would be rather sick
I misread it as Shotgun K. Rool and I'm imagining K. Rool with a coonskin cap.
(Here we go)

So they're finally here!
Performing for you!
If you're related to birds
You can
Join
In
Too!
Put your jaws together
If you wanna snap
As we take you through
This reptile rap!
HUH
Croc Fact!
Of the Day!

He's the most studied of the bunch
Americans know him well
He's back from the brink
He makes ducks sink!
His powerful jaws
Can make wooden beams cry
If he death rolls
You're gonna die
He's bigger
Faster
More cold-tolerant, too
He's the first member
Of the Kool Croc Krew!

(I'm skipping the refrain)

This croc's got style
So listen up, Cubans!
She can hunt in packs
For tasty humans
She's quick and aggressive when she needs to be
She can cruise through a swamp
And gallop at high speeds
If you chose her
Your choice just rocks
With a snap and a snarl
She's one Kool Croc!

He has no style
He has no grace
This croc
Has a funny face
He can guard hatchlings
When he needs to
And annoy fishermen
Just for you!
Inflate his nose
Just like a balloon
This krazy croc
Might be extinct soon. :(

He's back again
And about time, now
And this croc's smaller than a sea cow
He can swim up rapids
With his super-smooth snout
With his fangs showing
You'd better watch out!
His tiny sharp smile
Rises up from the gloom
But piranhas beware
'Cause he's after you!

Finally, he's here for you
It's the last member
Of the Kool Croc Krew!
This croc's so strong
It isn't funny
Can make a great white
Cry out for mummy
Can travel the oceans
With relative ease
Makes island hopping
Seem such a breeze!
He may be mean
Causes tons of people to die
But this croc's
One hell of a guy!

C'mon, Yacare!
Hide under the bridge!
And powerful brains!
And powerful brains!
Aw yeah!

...I got carried away.

Croc Fact of the Day Returns 3D: crocodilans don't chew their food. They either swallow prey whole, immediately tear it into chunks and swallow those, or store it underwater (usually under a log or rock) to let it rot for a bit and soften up. The only problem with the last option is other crocs sometimes steal their little food cache. Hm, where have I heard that before...?
That was amazing. Seriously, especially how you put the facts to fit into the lyrics.

In order, American Alligator, Cuban Crocodile, Gharial, ? and Saltwater Crocodile, I think.

Please do the analysis.

In this drought, your Croc facts and Speedwagon's quizzes seem to be the only things keeping the thread going.

:231:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, remember that Kongquest stage I mentioned a couple of weeks ago?

Well, after almost two weeks of testing and retesting its finally done. At least the initial draft.

Its a bit difficult, I think, and a little long, but I've got a password checkpoint system in place. I won't explain how to use it, though, because I can't leave comments very well (I can leave a comment, but it doesn't help for non-English speaking people), so instead I want to see if people can figure it out on their own. Please let me know if you have problems, because I plan to update this.

Here it is for any of you that have Super Mario Maker:

Kongquest: 0E40-0000-00BE-B2F3

I don't want this to spread too much yet, I'm only going to post it here for now. This thing took me a good two weeks of testing and retesting, and then I heard about people doing custom checkpoint systems, so I wanted to create one myself.

The only real issue with it is that if you go far enough in the wrong direction at the password input center, the bob-omb that destroys the blocks on the right may despawn and not blow up the blocks. I've tried to find ways to fix this but I just haven't been able to get it working.

Anyway, that's about it. Naturally, this is a DKC inspired stage, but keep in mind, its INSPIRED. I don't directly replicate anything from DKC, but I take some nods from it, and you play as Diddy the whole way.
Walking into K. Rool's room and reading his message, moving vines like in DKC, Platforms that raise and lower into lava based on Crocodile Cauldron, chain-link vines like in Chainlink Chamber, trap rooms that can net you a decent reward with a GET OUT sfx, a tricky "boss" encounter, and saving DK at the end. (Actually, the item can get from both trap rooms doesn't help that much in the level, its actually harder to get through in some points because you can't climb vines with this item.)

Also, I HIGHLY recommend downloading the stage. I have heard that if you download the stage, custom sound effects will play. PLEASE confirm this for me. If this doesn't work when downloading, I'll have to replace all the "GET OUT!!" instances with a different sound effect in the upload version of the stage.

Feel free to comment either here, or preferably in Super Mario Maker. I want to know where people are having the most trouble, and if they can figure out the password checkpoint system as well.

@BowserK.Rool I'm notifying you since you specifically asked about it. I'm not posting it to Twitter YET. Once I get feedback on it and have people test it over, then I'll delete this one and upload to twitter. I'm the only one who has played this stage, so its probably a lot easier for me to go through it. I did increase the difficulty of some parts a bit after I came up with the idea to add in the checkpoint system. I do want this to be fairly difficult, but not extremely hard.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman

Main three done. (Well, technically four...)
Is it me or Rosalina's arm is a bit weird? I mean, it's kinda short compared with Lucina's. Great picture regardless, keep up the good work:4diddy:. Wasn't there going to be another grill aside from Palu?

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Is it me or Rosalina's arm is a bit weird? I mean, it's kinda short compared with Lucina's. Great picture regardless, keep up the good work:4diddy:. Wasn't there going to be another grill aside from Palu?
I'm afraid you need to be more specific... If you mean her right arm it's just perspective (or at least intended).

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I'm afraid you need to be more specific... If you mean her right arm it's just perspective (or at least intended).
Yeah I meant the right arm, I guess I didn't really realized the perspective at first, now it looks less weird haha.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I feel like his signature move should be "THE K. TISTA BOMB!!!" (kudos to those who get that reference)
lol get dat Batista reference out a here. CLEARLY, King K. Rool will do the Rool Arrow, duh.

I was just browsing for decals on Etsy, trying to figure out whether I should do something fun with my spare stock New 3DS cover plates, and I found this neat stylised K. Rool decal.

It's pretty cool, and matches all of the others in the seller's Super Smash Bros. and Super Wishlist Bros. decal line-ups, so I figured that it was worth sharing. ;)
Looks pretty awesome.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
:4dedede:A bit different from your daily K. Rool discussion, but.... NWPlayer123 (the Splatoon Dataminer) did a Team Pirates related post in response to the Pirates vs. Ninjas Splatfest. It had Karen (the character you've been seeing in my avatars) from Kiniro Mosaic in it. It was styled as a meme kind of post, but I found it to be so hilarious because it's the last place I'd expect the anime to get referenced. It both made my day and has made me want to support Team Pirates now. :4dedede:

(This was reposted from the Offical DLC Discussion Thread because its Pirate themed. Gotta have something pirate themed every now and then in this thread). :4dk:

Last edited:
Top Bottom