• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562

Main three done. (Well, technically four...)
This is colossal! I never thought for a second luma would be put in, but that expression as if luma is saying "what are you doing and why" just made me laugh. Judging by the frame space, palutena wouldn't be able to fit then? Regardless this work is flawless.:awesome:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I understand that reference!
...It's a reference to Drax from Guardians of The Galaxy, right?
...the actor of Drax, but close enough rofl.
lol get dat Batista reference out a here. CLEARLY, King K. Rool will do the Rool Arrow, duh.

Looks pretty awesome.
...I think he's too fat for that lmao. The idea of him picking up a character and doing this though is quite reasonable.

(That would be an incredible down throw)

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Honestly, really feels as if we should get at least one if not 2 Legacy newcomers out of the ballot. Out of all the requests and backing It would really go to reward the fans with 2 characters who had been passed over, or had almost reached the brink if not saved by the Ballot. K.Rool is an obvious pick for a repped franchise, but then someone like Ray, Sami, or Isaac would be cool too

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Honestly, really feels as if we should get at least one if not 2 Legacy newcomers out of the ballot. Out of all the requests and backing It would really go to reward the fans with 2 characters who had been passed over, or had almost reached the brink if not saved by the Ballot. K.Rool is an obvious pick for a repped franchise, but then someone like Ray, Sami, or Isaac would be cool too
Ray is someone who I don't think is likely, but would be amazing if it happened. I love Custom Robo.

Last edited:

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Croc Fact of the Day Returns 3D 2 Electric Boogaloo: A N A L Y S T B O Y S

So they're finally here!
Performing for you!
If you're related to birds
You can
Join
In
Too!
Put your jaws together
If you wanna snap
As we take you through
This reptile rap!
HUH
Croc Fact!
Of the Day!
Kicking the rap off with a pretty faithful reworking of the DK rap (mostly so that people could easily get what I was going for) and not many facts. Crocs and birds are both the only surviving archosaurs, which I already told you. There's a lot of repeat facts here, but I thought it'd be cool if any of you saw them and thought 'oh yeah! I remember that!" I dunno. Onward.

He's the most studied of the bunch
Americans know him well
He's back from the brink
He makes ducks sink!
His powerful jaws
Can make wooden beams cry
If he death rolls
You're gonna die
He's bigger
Faster
More cold-tolerant, too
He's the first member
Of the Kool Croc Krew!
Ah, this is more like it. I deliberated for a while before making an American alligator take Donkey Kong's slot. They're both rather average and unique crocodilians, rather than just being a sort of scaly Mary Sue (sorry, Nile crocodiles and spectacled caimans), they have a fair amount of quirks, and they're pretty well-known all over the world. Also, I live in Louisiana (US southeast), so I'm hugely biased :T. As for the facts, the first two are pretty self explanatory, but "back from the brink" refers to the late sixties, when they were almost hunted to extinction, and the line about making ducks sink refers to their reputation as duck pond raiders. The part about the gator's strong jaws is a fairly subtle reference to the fact that they have the strongest bite force of any living animal. The death roll stuff is classified for a later fact. American alligators are bigger and faster...than their petite Chinese cousins. Alligators as a whole are also pretty cold-tolerant, making them capable of colonizing places that sometimes dip below 45 degrees. Next.

This croc's got style
So listen up, Cubans!
She can hunt in packs
For tasty humans
She's quick and aggressive when she needs to be
She can cruise through a swamp
And gallop at high speeds
If you chose her
Your choice just rocks
With a snap and a snarl
She's one Kool Croc!
I wanted a smaller croc to be Tiny (for what I would hope are obvious reasons), and the line about style fit Cuban crocodiles to a t; they're renowned for their beautiful hides. Cuban crocodiles have occasionally shown pack hunting behavior, but the stuff about humans was for rhyming's sake. They are known for their aggression, and their range is restricted to the Zapata swamp in Cuba. They are also have strong enough leg muscles to gallop on land.

He has no style
He has no grace
This croc
Has a funny face
He can guard hatchlings
When he needs to
And annoy fishermen
Just for you!
Inflate his nose
Just like a balloon
This krazy croc
Might be extinct soon. :(
"No grace" immediately made me think of Indian gharials, which have rather weak legs and very rarely high walk, preferring to drag themselves along the ground like I do in the morning. Their bizarre, thin snouts are scientifically classified as funny. Males have been documented scaring away predators from huge clusters of hatchling gharials, whether they're his or not. Fishermen intensely dislike gharials, as they believe the crocs' strict fish diets deprive them of a huge catch (they don't). The male has a bulbous, fleshy...thing on the tip of his nose. Also, there's only, like, 200 of them left. Donate nao if you can. Seriously. http://www.gharialconservationalliance.org/?page_id=22

He's back again
And about time, now
And this croc's smaller than a sea cow
He can swim up rapids
With his super-smooth snout
With his fangs showing
You'd better watch out!
His tiny sharp smile
Rises up from the gloom
But piranhas beware
'Cause he's after you!
The new guy on the block is none other than the smooth snouted caiman. I felt kind of bad that I didn't have caimans represented yet, and I wanted another small croc, so smooth snouts fit the bill. They max out at about 6 feet, much smaller than the ~10 foot long West Indian manatee. They prefer turbid rivers to stagnant swamps (a trait that is tricky to replicate in captivity), and many of the fastest-flowing tributaries in the Amazon run through particularly thick, dark, gloomy parts of the jungle; its so gloomy where they live, they don't even try to bask. I selected piranhas mostly due to their South American origin and way they fit into the rhythm of the song; SMCs are actually semi-terrestrial, and fish aren't a huge part of their diets. Moving on...

Finally, he's here for you
It's the last member
Of the Kool Croc Krew!
This croc's so strong
It isn't funny
Can make a great white
Cry out for mummy
Can travel the oceans
With relative ease
Makes island hopping
Seem such a breeze!
He may be mean
Causes tons of people to die
But this croc's
One hell of a guy!
I actually selected a saltie to be Chunky before I wrote the rest; they are the world's largest croc, after all. Their bite force is pretty strong, too; it's at least in the top 5 most powerful bite forces in the modern world. A bit more embellishing comes next; they sometimes eat young sharks (including the fearsome great white), but have never been recorded attacking adults. They are also known for their fairly bad tempers ("he may be mean") and are responsible for dozens of human deaths each year.
C'mon, Yacare!
Hide under the bridge!
Osteoderms, child care, nicticating membranes
Salt glands, four-chambered hearts
And powerful brains!
Osteoderms, child care, nicticating membranes
Salt glands, four-chambered hearts
And powerful brains!
Aw yeah!
I went with a yacare caiman for Cranky because I liked the way it sounded. Hiding under bridges to cool off ("taking it to the fridge," if you will) is a behavior commonly observed in many crocs in close proximity to humans. All crocodilians have osteoderms (bone armor covered with skin), a clear second eyelid called the nicticating membrane, salt-removing glands, very advanced four-chambered hearts, care for their young, and frequently preform better than rats in lab tests. I think the rap and this megafact more than made up for my hiatus. :]

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Well, that stinks that the general thread area will be closed, guess we'll have to migrate back to the backup thread over in the big 4 alliance subforum
http://smashboards.com/threads/king-k-rool-support-discussion-thread.367915/page-40 since we already have a thread over there
edit: Guess there goes our chances of reaching 2000 pages... well unless something is announced this week XD, it's been a good 1200+ run you guys

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Sorry, I'm a Pico supporter
I know that. Just anyone else (totally not self plugs or anything). I wanted to reach that 2000 page mark, oh well. Guess my job here as that guy who makes jokes sometimes (ah that Ice Beam burn joke from like 5 months ago) and rushes to throw up the "One of Us" video is over. (I'm still going to make jokes, sorry guys. You'll just have to live with it. :/)

not to sound bias as hell but I would rather not go back to the all star alliance. There were some really silly decisions there (no dixie, no bandana dee etc)

would much rather go to an all inclusive place

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
not to sound bias as hell but I would rather not go back to the all star alliance. There were some really silly decisions there (no dixie, no bandana dee etc)
We of the Bandana Waddle Dee thread have the Dream Land Social Group, at least. If you're not already in it, ask @Chandelure for an invite. :)

would much rather go to an all inclusive place
Having heard the above, so would I. :p

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Hmm, or we could make a villains social thread, that could have some fun general topics along with the individual support groups, and be inclusive, but specialized
Edit: Also K.Rool doesn't really fit into that social group, as he DOESN"T have a predefined role in the game

Last edited:
Hmm, or we could make a villains social thread, that could have some fun general topics along with the individual support groups, and be inclusive, but specialized
Edit: Also K.Rool doesn't really fit into that social group, as he DOESN"T have a predefined role in the game
It's been renamed and has new rules. All characters that originated from a video game are now welcome. Threads can be made now if people wish to. predefined roles was the old objective. The new one is keeping the community together with slightly more lax moderation (as in be off topic as much as you want)

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Sad to see that thread may be tucked away soon but hey, it may not be the end for this thread if we get him as DLC.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I wish Nintendo would've announced some characters by now, seriously if we go all of October with no news...
What is Nintendo gonna do for November? With the delay of Star Fox Zero:glare: There's nothing. They could push Xenoblade Chronicles X, but that's been out in Japan for ages now. Some Wolf and Krool character DLC would be nice.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I wish Nintendo would've announced some characters by now, seriously if we go all of October with no news...
What is Nintendo gonna do for November? With the delay of Star Fox Zero:glare: There's nothing. They could push Xenoblade Chronicles X, but that's been out in Japan for ages now. Some Wolf and Krool character DLC would be nice.
Their big focus is on promoting their holiday line-up (which includes the likes of The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, which in spite of anyone's views on these games, are going to be heavy-hitters), including pushing Yo-kai Watch, which is a very hot property that they are the Western publisher for, and which they are in large part going to be responsible for making Western audiences familiar with.

It's clear that when they have something to show, they'll surely show it, the same as when other games (such as Splatoon, for example) get updates that they have things to show for.

Their initial post-ballot focus was always quite naturally going to be on promoting new and upcoming releases, rather than a pair of games that are a year old and quickly approaching the end of their post-release support period. It isn't surprising, nor is it indicative of a lack of anything to show games-wise, since they seem to be doing fine with making multiple daily posts on their social media presence. :p

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
All Character Support seems like the better option, no sense in isolating ourselves from the others. The alliance subforum has been dead for months.
Not to mention that it was very limited to what was perceived as 'All-star.' This did not include the likes of say, Roy, Inkling, Bandanna Dee, etc, etc. It was very limited to those characters and a time of general uncertainty following the release of Smash 3DS and no sign of them.

Oni's 'All Character Support' group would be the best place for all the characters on varying degrees of fame. Also, I know most of asked you, but BKupa666 BKupa666 , would you mind taking up the command of the revived K.Rool thread when the time comes?

heard the news... well this thread was very nice while it lasted,lots of memories here good and bad,got to meet alot of new faces,get to know the regulers,make friends, and see amazing content and creations along the way.

when we decide on where we want to go and get it up and running, make sure to spread the word around as much as you can because there is alot of "kool" kutthroats here that share amazing content and i would hate to lose any kutthroats that didnt get the memo.

and make sure to decide on 1 place to stay and make it official,we dont need the kutthroat community to be split up.

EDIT: on a less serious note... i found someone who is more cool than King R.cool.....his big brother King Couleur (japanese for king k.rool)
sounds like "king cooler"....it keeps reminding me of dbz with frieza and his family's names being puns for cold.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
MY group however will be remaining open and will allow anyone to come if they wish to return to business as usual.
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/predefined-role-character-support.1812/
I don't know the consensus but I'm all for that. Seems like a Character Discussion sub-forum by any other name.
(I see that a K. Rool did exist for one whole second in the past, so I wonder if BKupa666 BKupa666 will do the honours of creating/christening a new thread should that be the Kutthroats' new hideout!)

Also I don't expect to finish my new drawing while this thread is still kicking so no glamourous good-byes from me... :/
I'm not going anywhere regardless. I said I'm staying with y'all so I'm staying.

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'll take command of the new thread as soon as I have time to get on my laptop this afternoon.

I'm disheartened that we won't be able to celebrate a potential K. Rool reveal in the 'home' of a thread we've had for the past 3.5 years. I think the character boards closing is unfortunately being influenced by people behind the scenes mistakenly thinking there's no value or fun to be had at all supporting characters instead of being at the competitive big kids table. "Move on?" Before any Ballot DLC is even out?

In any case, I hope everyone sticks around for whatever new social group thread comes up, because it'll still be a great time for us Kutthroats, the great time will just have to happen under an invisibility cloak for all intents and purposes.

I'll take command of the new thread as soon as I have time to get on my laptop this afternoon.

I'm disheartened that we won't be able to celebrate a potential K. Rool reveal in the 'home' of a thread we've had for the past 3.5 years. I think the character boards closing is unfortunately being influenced by people behind the scenes mistakenly thinking there's no value or fun to be had at all supporting characters instead of being at the competitive big kids table. "Move on?" Before any Ballot DLC is even out?

In any case, I hope everyone sticks around for whatever new social group thread comes up, because it'll still be a great time for us Kutthroats, the great time will just have to happen under an invisibility cloak for all intents and purposes.
I agree, it's sad that we can't celebrate the potential reveal here. I'm definitely going to stick around in the new thread.

R.I.P. K. Rool for Smash 4 support thread 2012–2015. :(

Time to go give this man some love!! The figure looks amazing, maybe we can help get it distributed with enough support!

https://twitter.com/KJSFilms?lang=en
https://instagram.com/p/9P3CKJwdP6/
Yeah, it really looks amazing!

Top Bottom