• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
True. How about DK Wrestling or Boxing then, or is that too similiar to SSB?
Whilst I think the boxing is best left to Punch-Out!!, those work, yep. :)

DK Island Hockey, take the gameplay rough and wild style, like Mutant league style, make the Kongs and Kremlings the primary warring leagues with KSF(Kong Skating Federation) vs the KRA(K.Rool's Rouge Alliance) with both having 2 primary teams with unlockable characters. At it's core it's Hockey, but characters also bring items and tend to battle on the rink. Also 2 bonus teams The SSP(Snowmad Survivor's Patrol) and The MKT(Mushroom Kingdom Travelers, is a hidden team with Mario and a couple other characters)
Bonus modes involve full out brawling on the rink, boss fights, and Booby-trapped Rinks. Oh and you can customize rinks with traps(created by K.Rool of course)
I would buy this, too. :grin:

If we get DK sports spinoffs, let's get something unique the Kongs might do for fun on their own, rather than just use real-life sports.
This idea has so much potential - I wonder if they'd ever live up to it? I mean, there were even games based on the fictional sport of Quidditch from the Harry Potter books, once, so sports games based on fictional sports are certainly a thing that can work.

DK: King of Swing essentially did this, since the gameplay is based on a sport called "Jungle Jam" they created in-universe.
Having skipped DK: King of Swing, I actually did not know that.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Hmmm, perhaps I can actually turn that concept of mine into an art project... just too bad my drawing skills are atrocious despite some attempts at improving, and I'd have to do that before messing in 3D

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
What about DK Capture The Flag? except it'd be capture the golden banana, basically each team wears a belt with two golden bananas at the side and whichever team gets both bananas from all or most of the other team opponents before they all reach the line wins. Teams would be Kongs, Kremlings, Snomads, and Tikis. There'd also be a few boss fight mini games as well.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I wonder if there are more secret characters or characters that would be patched in without a price cost like Splatoon?
I don't see why Nintendo/Camelot wouldn't be minimalists and put into Dixie (using Diddy's base body model) and Funky (using DK's base body model). It's cheap and makes a lot of sense. It's why Mario Kart has so many crying babies after all.

Honestly this forthcoming Mario Tennis game looks pretty stale. Glad they actually do have online and more to show, but the communication of this all at once and in this odd way is just not working. Nintendo really needs to work on their non-Direct/trailer messaging.
I think we might stop seeing DK characters in Mario spinoffs. Instead, we should ask for DK spinoffs. Diddy Kong Racing 2 is still the best rumor of this generation. And something like a Donkey Kong Strikers would be awesome since Mario would rather insist on the tennis and golf instead of sports with more contact.

Not to mention that a DK spinoff is more likely give us things like Klump. Krusha and even Brash the Bear.
I'd agree with this if we got a DK spin-off first. It's been since Jungle Beat, which came out in what? Over a decade ago?

It feels like Nintendo is at a state where they're like "we're thinking about doing this" with many things (including DK spin-offs) and they never do it or wait forever and ever. It gets pretty tiring ,because that's where multiple franchises are stuck at right now. Star Fox was stuck there a decade, and F-Zero is still stuck there a decade after the last real F-Zero game.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman

It's seem that K.Rool (and even Diddy) won't be in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash....:(

Here is the picture of despair:

As you can see, the secret one are obviously Toadette, Jr, Dry B. and ... Sprixie. Really?
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is looking more and more unimpressive as more news comes out. The character icons are just the same boring old stock pictures that they've been using in merchandising for years!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Green most likely means Koopa Troopa. He was in Power Tennis.

Ultra Smash looks so bland.
Man, even Koopa Troopa didn't make the cut!

Well I can safely say that the game is a missed opportunity when it comes to DK reps. Only DK himself is playable.....

Tennis makes for a boring video game no matter how many characters are added to it. K. Rool deserves a better return than that anyway.

C'mon guys, any new leaks? I cannot wait to play as King R. Cool.

Brilliant! Did you make that? If so, would you consider giving us a visual aid for his home improvement persona, auto-correct's very favorite, K. Tool? :smirk:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Tennis makes for a boring video game no matter how many characters are added to it. K. Rool deserves a better return than that anyway.

Brilliant! Did you make that? If so, would you consider giving us a visual aid for his home improvement persona, auto-correct's very favorite, K. Tool? :smirk:
Again, I'm not saying it would be his "return." Smash would be his return, but he could conveniently appear in a few sports titles shortly after his return.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

It's seem that K.Rool (and even Diddy) won't be in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash....:(

As you can see, the secret one are obviously Toadette, Jr, Dry B. and ... Sprixie. Really?
wait! why did they use old characters renders instead of creating new one? they are too lazy i guess.
also why Rosalina is everywhere? Nintendo killed her personality after appearing in every sport/kart/party game, she is no longer "the awesome/epic girl" like she used to be in Mario galaxy, i used to like her but she is now just a "meh" character.

Burruni

Smash Hero
wait! why did they use old characters renders instead of creating new one? they are too lazy i guess.
also why Rosalina is everywhere? Nintendo killed her personality after appearing in every sport/kart/party game, she is no longer "the awesome/epic girl" like she used to be in Mario galaxy, i used to like her but she is now just a "meh" character.
Because she's popular and they're using her as a new staple character ever since Galaxy (cemented by MK8, Party 9, and 3D World happening so consecutively).
It's hard to argue why they would particularly exclude Rosalina from being put into spin-offs now.
It'd be like questioning seeing (at least) Blue Toad in the next multi-player main Mario game, or Bandana Dee in the next kirby game.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Because she's popular and they're using her as a new staple character ever since Galaxy (cemented by MK8, Party 9, and 3D World happening so consecutively).
It's hard to argue why they would particularly exclude Rosalina from being put into spin-offs now.
It'd be like questioning seeing (at least) Blue Toad in the next multi-player main Mario game, or Bandana Dee in the next kirby game.
Still mad about her replacing Petey piranha in every spinoff game as a playable character :(

Burruni

Smash Hero
Still mad about her replacing Petey piranha in every spinoff game as a playable character :(
I don't think Rosalina existing replaced Petey nearly as much as him not being used in a Main mario game since Sunshine unless you count the Dino Phiranas in Galaxy 1 & 2.

And... "every spinoff game," wasn't he just in Double Dash, Strikers Charged, & both Baseball games?

More than King Boo, certainly, but it's not like he was a firm staple.

Edit: He was in Power Tennis, weird that I couldn't remember that...
And technically he's a "stage hazard" in Hoops 3 on 3.

Last edited:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
If Diddy not being in Mario spinoffs mean Nintendo isn't going to conflate DK with Mario AND we get more DK games, I'd said kick the little bugger out faster.

I don't think Rosalina existing replaced Petey nearly as much as him not being used in a Main mario game since Sunshine unless you count the Dino Phiranas in Galaxy 1 & 2.

And... "every spinoff game," wasn't he just in Double Dash, Strikers Charged, & both Baseball games?

Petey was also in New Super Mario Bros.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
The bad thing is that once again, a Mario game sacrifices so that they can justify the mediocre gameplay. Sticker Star, Paper Jam, Mario Kart 8, and now Ultra Smash.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Those are obviously placeholder renders. As for Rosalina though, I agree. Rosalina was mysterious, yet motherly. The spinoffs almost completely wiped that off her, and replaced it with the same personality the princesses have... Also, I just realized something. What the hell is Daisy princess OF?

Geno Boost

Smash Master

You are talking about when he was playable between 2001-2010, I am talking about him "recently" no longer being "playable" at spinoff games.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
You are talking about when he was playable between 2001-2010, I am talking about him "recently" no longer being "playable" at spinoff games.
I was meaning that his appearance in titles was somewhat erratic and I believe his lack of a major recent role is more to credit him being "replaced by Rosalina" than her promotion. There's correlation but not causation.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

One speck of hope is that they'll add DLC to this game, like they did with the last Mario Golf game. I know odd-looking rosters are things Nintendo seems to be all about these days, but that roster looks... suspiciously empty....

Whatever, I have my Waluigi. I'm getting Ultra Smash regardless, I love Mario Tennis, and online functionality combined with glorious HD graphics has me sold. :4larry:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705

Next Splatfest in Splatoon is Pirates vs Ninjas. And since there is no Kunoichi K. Rool yet, I suppose K. Rool fans will incline for a pirate's life (I might do some Kaptain drawings on the Miiverse for this).

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
this is very obviously not the final roster. its less than both of the previous tennis games, and camelot always delivers good rosters.
I wouldn't be surprised if this game gets Metal or Gold Mario as a playable. I see certain people are going crazy over space waifu.

I'm not looking forward to this game.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman

I know this isn't going to be the full roster, but even still the game looks so blah. I hope Diddy is in, but I am starting to doubt that.

I hope this doesn't get flagged as spam.

Since this thread is going slow, i will make this thread go fast :4sonic::

"POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST
GOTTA POST FAST, GOTTA POST FAST,
GOTTA POST FASTER, FASTER, FASTER FASTER FASTER

KUTTHRATING AT THE SPEED OF SOUND
IM THE KUICKEST KREMLING AROUND
GOT OURSELVES A SITUATION
STUCK IN A NEW LOKATION
WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION
ON FINAL DESTINATION

DON'T, DON'T, DON'T DON'T DON'T SLAM, DON'T JAM,
JUST POST, POST, POST, POST, P-P-P-P-POST, POST!

N-N-N-N-N-N-NA
N-N-N-N-N-N-NA

KING K.ROOL, HE WILL BE IN SMASH
KING K.ROOL, DON'T DARE TO BASH
KING K.ROOL, HE'S COMING NEXT
SO WATCH OUT...FOR KING K.ROOL!

GOTTA POST FAST (KING), GOTTA POST FAST (K.ROOL)
GOTTA POST FASTER, FASTER, FASTER FASTER FASTER
POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST
KIIIIIIIIIIIIING K. ROOOOOOOOOOL
GOTTA POST FASTER!
GOTTA POST FAST!
GOTTA POST FASTER, FASTER FASTER FASTER
KING K.ROOL!"

I hope we get news sooner, otherwise i may as well log out until a new Direct appears.
Thanks for that masterpiece of a song.

Sorry I've been a bit inactive in this thread as of late...I'm up to my eyebrows in tests, internship applications and whatnot at the moment, and when the Smash, let alone Nintendo scene is as dry as it is, it's tedious to the point of laborious to invest effort into either.

Pity Mario Tennis is looking as bland as it is...like, I remember how many unique characters and courts there were in Power Tennis, as Xzsmmc Xzsmmc said, but here, it literally looks like the same field, just with a handful of palette swaps. I can't fathom how Nintendo or Camelot thinks anyone will be excited for this, especially with the Wii U's audience being what it is.

One silver lining to Diddy's absence: it comes off as even more desperate reaching when people dismiss DK as a Mario spin-off that "is fine with just DK and Diddy" in Smash because of trivial sports titles.
Good luck on the tests!

Burruni

Smash Hero

Next Splatfest in Splatoon is Pirates vs Ninjas. And since there is no Kunoichi K. Rool yet, I suppose K. Rool fans will incline for a pirate's life (I might do some Kaptain drawings on the Miiverse for this).
I hope you realise that Kunoichi's were the term for female ninjas who used sexual charm as their greatest tool to get close to their target and most often either poisoned their targets' drinks or interrogated them at threat of castration.

I don't think people want that out of K. Rool.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I hope you realise that Kunoichi's were the term for female ninjas who used sexual charm as their greatest tool to get close to their target and most often either poisoned their targets' drinks or interrogated them at threat of castration.

Speak for yourself. ;)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705

I break the rules for the sake of using titles that start with the letter K.

On to another business. Since I live in Jalisco, who is one of the states closer to hurricane Patricia (called most dangerous hurricane in history). Best case scenario is that my internet will die for a week, and it will be the week that a Nintendo Direct with K. Rool reveal happens.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

That's all I've ever wanted out of K. Rool.

Don't judge me

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I was under the impression Kunoichi was just referring to female ninjas, and didn't refer to any specific traits about them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunoichi

Yeah, the whole sexual charm is just in modern fiction. That's nothing to do with the actual term kunoichi, which is literally just "female practitioner of ninjustu."

Burruni

Smash Hero
I was under the impression Kunoichi was just referring to female ninjas, and didn't refer to any specific traits about them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunoichi

Yeah, the whole sexual charm is just in modern fiction. That's nothing to do with the actual term kunoichi, which is literally just "female practitioner of ninjustu."
Welp.
I got misinformed.
It... made sense, so I guess I never bothered to check.
The entire premise of a lack of natural physical strength and not being in a culture that'd promote training such to be compensated with the emotional manipulation and striking when weak.

Point slightly reducted.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
(Here we go)

So they're finally here!
Performing for you!
If you're related to birds
You can
Join
In
Too!
Put your jaws together
If you wanna snap
As we take you through
This reptile rap!
HUH
Croc Fact!
Of the Day!

He's the most studied of the bunch
Americans know him well
He's back from the brink
He makes ducks sink!
His powerful jaws
Can make wooden beams cry
If he death rolls
You're gonna die
He's bigger
Faster
More cold-tolerant, too
He's the first member
Of the Kool Croc Krew!

(I'm skipping the refrain)

This croc's got style
So listen up, Cubans!
She can hunt in packs
For tasty humans
She's quick and aggressive when she needs to be
She can cruise through a swamp
And gallop at high speeds
If you chose her
Your choice just rocks
With a snap and a snarl
She's one Kool Croc!

He has no style
He has no grace
This croc
Has a funny face
He can guard hatchlings
When he needs to
And annoy fishermen
Just for you!
Inflate his nose
Just like a balloon
This krazy croc
Might be extinct soon. :(

He's back again
And about time, now
And this croc's smaller than a sea cow
He can swim up rapids
With his super-smooth snout
With his fangs showing
You'd better watch out!
His tiny sharp smile
Rises up from the gloom
But piranhas beware
'Cause he's after you!

Finally, he's here for you
It's the last member
Of the Kool Croc Krew!
This croc's so strong
It isn't funny
Can make a great white
Cry out for mummy
Can travel the oceans
With relative ease
Makes island hopping
Seem such a breeze!
He may be mean
Causes tons of people to die
But this croc's
One hell of a guy!

C'mon, Yacare!
Hide under the bridge!
Osteoderms, child care, nicticating membranes
Salt glands, four-chambered hearts
And powerful brains!
And powerful brains!
Aw yeah!

...I got carried away.

Croc Fact of the Day Returns 3D: crocodilans don't chew their food. They either swallow prey whole, immediately tear it into chunks and swallow those, or store it underwater (usually under a log or rock) to let it rot for a bit and soften up. The only problem with the last option is other crocs sometimes steal their little food cache. Hm, where have I heard that before...?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
(Here we go)

So they're finally here!
Performing for you!
If you're related to birds
You can
Join
In
Too!
Put your jaws together
If you wanna snap
As we take you through
This reptile rap!
HUH
Croc Fact!
Of the Day!

He's the most studied of the bunch
Americans know him well
He's back from the brink
He makes ducks sink!
His powerful jaws
Can make wooden beams cry
If he death rolls
You're gonna die
He's bigger
Faster
More cold-tolerant, too
He's the first member
Of the Kool Croc Krew!

(I'm skipping the refrain)

This croc's got style
So listen up, Cubans!
She can hunt in packs
For tasty humans
She's quick and aggressive when she needs to be
She can cruise through a swamp
And gallop at high speeds
If you chose her
Your choice just rocks
With a snap and a snarl
She's one Kool Croc!

He has no style
He has no grace
This croc
Has a funny face
He can guard hatchlings
When he needs to
And annoy fishermen
Just for you!
Inflate his nose
Just like a balloon
This krazy croc
Might be extinct soon. :(

He's back again
And about time, now
And this croc's smaller than a sea cow
He can swim up rapids
With his super-smooth snout
With his fangs showing
You'd better watch out!
His tiny sharp smile
Rises up from the gloom
But piranhas beware
'Cause he's after you!

Finally, he's here for you
It's the last member
Of the Kool Croc Krew!
This croc's so strong
It isn't funny
Can make a great white
Cry out for mummy
Can travel the oceans
With relative ease
Makes island hopping
Seem such a breeze!
He may be mean
Causes tons of people to die
But this croc's
One hell of a guy!

C'mon, Yacare!
Hide under the bridge!
And powerful brains!
And powerful brains!
Aw yeah!

...I got carried away.

Croc Fact of the Day Returns 3D: crocodilans don't chew their food. They either swallow prey whole, immediately tear it into chunks and swallow those, or store it underwater (usually under a log or rock) to let it rot for a bit and soften up. The only problem with the last option is other crocs sometimes steal their little food cache. Hm, where have I heard that before...?
you sir are amazing!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If K Rool arrives without any costumes I will be disapointed.

But more happy and exciting than disapointed regardless.

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Osteoderms, child care, nicticating membranes ... Spitting the most scientifical of (half) rhymes. Welcome back Tropical.

So we are essentially left with no substantiated rumors as of today, is that right?

For some reason I feel the longer the silence is the more likely we are to see someone other than Inklings announced. And I am okay with this.

Top Bottom