• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You all want news?

I don't know how credible it is, but there's this guy on Twitter, "___Stealth," who's a self-proclaimed Video Game Enthusiast...he claims to have a friend in-the-know who has told him who the next character is and that it will be released "in the next week or so," elaborated as "VERY soon."

He tweeted a bunch, giving clues that "It's a Nintendo character" that he thinks is "a big deal" and that isn't "a clone or a disappointment." He also said "He doesn't think this character won the ballot," but that "It's the character who makes a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons." Lastly, he had a tweet that he later deleted, saying "If it were Wolf or Shovel Knight or Shantae, I'd have hung myself by now," indicating it's not one of those three.

What he says about how big a deal the character is or how much sense it makes is clearly subjective, but K. Rool checks all those boxes. I think if we're going to see him, he's going to be one of, if not the first character shown. The only worry is that, because it's ostensibly not someone who won the ballot, it's not K. Rool, but someone who will set a less-than-ideal trajectory for how receptive Sakurai was to fan requests. Someone who will validate those theories that "the ballot doesn't matter and it's just an excuse for the team to release the characters they already wanted to make anyway."

Last edited:

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
I had a dream where Dixie came first in the ballot, followed by Cranky, followed by K. Rool. They released in a bundle with a stage that had a giant version of the Kremling with the goofy run that would go back in forth in the first snow level in DKC 3 as a stage hazard. I was a little mad when I woke up.
I had a similar dream about Yoshimitsu, shortly after I'd spent 2 days making up a moveset for him. I wasn't mad, but I was a little bit sad. Sometimes I wish I could live in my dreams forever.

Of course, then I remember that would mean falling into a coma.

Anyone willing to knock me out?

What he says about how big a deal the character is or how much sense it makes is clearly subjective, but K. Rool checks all those boxes. I think if we're going to see him, he's going to be one of, if not the first character shown. The only worry is that, because it's ostensibly not someone who won the ballot, it's not K. Rool, but someone who will set a less-than-ideal trajectory for how receptive Sakurai was to fan requests. Someone who will validate those theories that "the ballot doesn't matter and it's just an excuse for the team to release the characters they already wanted to make anyway."
My personal guess is that K. Rool won the ballot. "He doesn't think this character won the ballot" -- that doesn't mean he definitely didn't. Also, while they might reveal K. Rool first for immediate maximum hype, I find it just as easy to imagine them revealing him last, to end it all on a high. They must know he's the most popular choice among dedicated Smash fans, regardless of what the ballot says. Whatever happens, I wouldn't worry. Not releasing K. Rool would be like not releasing Mewtwo. They couldn't respectably not.

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
You all want news?

I don't know how credible it is, but there's this guy on Twitter, "___Stealth," who's a self-proclaimed Video Game Enthusiast...he claims to have a friend in-the-know who has told him who the next character is and that it will be released "in the next week or so," elaborated as "VERY soon."

He tweeted a bunch, giving clues that "It's a Nintendo character" that he thinks is "a big deal" and that isn't "a clone or a disappointment." He also said "He doesn't think this character won the ballot," but that "It's the character who makes a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons." Lastly, he had a tweet that he later deleted, saying "If it were Wolf or Shovel Knight or Shantae, I'd have hung myself by now," indicating it's not one of those three.

Just sounds like another garbage claim to me. Well not garbage, but I kind of doubt there's any truth in it. Maybe I've just heard too many "my dad works at Nintendo" lines, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Btw, folks. Taking a moment to clarify something.

My K.Rool ain't naked. He just happens to be naked right now! (He's not finished- I want to make sure Lucina and Rosie look decent first!)
It's a fun coincidence to be sure...but that's all it is.

I'm sorry to disappoint you all.

__________-___________
Been giving some thoughts on who's gunna be the fourth girl in the reluctant group shot.

I know it's bad practice to explain the joke but the idea is that I'm pushing K. Rool as a new waifu so I'm grouping him together with a bunch of Smash waifus (or at least those whom I would expect to fit the criteria; young, attractive, looks good on a body-pillow ...I was never wholly clear on it all tbh).

My idea is he's game with the idea so much so he's the one who's orchestrated this "girl-only photoshoot" and dragged them there, despite being as far removed from being a"waifu" as one could imagine. He's so into it he's already booked the One Direction concert tickets and planned the big night-out for his new girl-friends/fellow waifus.
You'd think it was a one big troll.

You would be right. :troll:
(Well, from me to the "haters" anyway. Just a little. But I think it would be kind of sweet if it were fanon. Even just for laugh. Maybe as his new persona! King, Captain, Mad Scientist, Boxer...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

...Eh, I like it.
Anyway. The fourth girl. ...I have a thought. She's not in Smash yet...

But what about Shantae? It's not fitting exactly with the theme but get this.
The girls have their own reaction to K. Rool's enthusiam.

Lucina's wtf?
Rosalina is...there.
Palutena is her cheery self.

...And Shantae's angrily washing her clothes.

...;)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You all want news?

So basically someone wants to pull a Tama while being rather ambiguous about it.
I don't see how this can go wrong at all. /s

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Yes, it's for real.

As regulars of the Bandana Waddle Dee thread will know, it's a mild pet peeve of mine when game-to-TV adaptations do ridiculous and unnecessary things that create lasting brand-confusion (don't get me started on the Kirby anime, I could go on for ages, as it's a primary example of getting everything wrong; At least the DKC TV series got a whole bunch of things right!). The fact that the DKC TV show used a bizarre pronunciation that missed the joke entirely is still creating confusion all these years on, and we're still discussing it! :laugh:

I always liked the idea that it was something really ordinary, in contrast to his otherwise extraordinary nature, like Kenneth or Keith. :laugh:
you are talking about the **** dub of the kirby anime arent you?
the original japanese dub is much more faithful to kirby. even has music thatd be used in later kirby games (like most of air rides soundtrack)

then again, any anime dub done by 4kids is just terrible every time. really in 4kids case the sub is ALWAYS better than the dub.
i hate to say it but im not defending the english dub of the first movie either. since even though the message was good..... it was still a 4kids edit that seemed forced in. all meowth said in the japanese version is "fighting is wrong."

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Creeping stuff about Stealth, he seems to be into Isaac/Andy.

He did a podcast thing with RogersBase on youtube, he doesn't seem to say much about K. Rool, but says "he's big and a villain" and would fit because of that. Seems to be neutral about K. Rool though.

D

Deleted member

You all want news?

Oh gee, another one of those....

Welp, since we have nothing to talk about i might as well hear what he has to say.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, I think we all know who this is...

Seriously, though, I'm ready for some news. The incessant 'leaks' are getting really annoying by this point. Even if Nintendo just came out with a "Thx for ur votez" or something, that'd be nice.

But if it's next week, that also llines up well with the Oct. 14th direct rumor...

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Btw, folks. Taking a moment to clarify something.

My K.Rool ain't naked. He just happens to be naked right now! (He's not finished- I want to make sure Lucina and Rosie look decent first!)
It's a fun coincidence to be sure...but that's all it is.

I'm sorry to disappoint you all.

__________-___________
Been giving some thoughts on who's gunna be the fourth girl in the reluctant group shot.

I know it's bad practice to explain the joke but the idea is that I'm pushing K. Rool as a new waifu so I'm grouping him together with a bunch of Smash waifus (or at least those whom I would expect to fit the criteria; young, attractive, looks good on a body-pillow ...I was never wholly clear on it all tbh).

My idea is he's game with the idea so much so he's the one who's orchestrated this "girl-only photoshoot" and dragged them there, despite being as far removed from being a"waifu" as one could imagine. He's so into it he's already booked the One Direction concert tickets and planned the big night-out for his new girl-friends/fellow waifus.
You'd think it was a one big troll.

You would be right. :troll:
(Well, from me to the "haters" anyway. Just a little. But I think it would be kind of sweet if it were fanon. Even just for laugh. Maybe as his new persona! King, Captain, Mad Scientist, Boxer...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

...Eh, I like it.
Anyway. The fourth girl. ...I have a thought. She's not in Smash yet...

But what about Shantae? It's not fitting exactly with the theme but get this.
The girls have their own reaction to K. Rool's enthusiam.

Lucina's wtf?
Rosalina is...there.
Palutena is her cheery self.

...And Shantae's angrily washing her clothes.

;)
Though that idea is definitely hilarious, if you'd prefer to keep it current-Smashers-only, may I recommend my favorite Smash female, Robin.
...Would Shantae also be gluing her hair back on? :troll:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
you are talking about the **** dub of the kirby anime arent you?
the original japanese dub is much more faithful to kirby. even has music thatd be used in later kirby games (like most of air rides soundtrack)

then again, any anime dub done by 4kids is just terrible every time. really in 4kids case the sub is ALWAYS better than the dub.
No, I'm actually referring to the original Japanese-language version, as it is responsible for almost all of the issues, and is extremely unfaithful to the source material (I don't know where this belief that the Japanese version is more faithful came from, because it actually isn't in any way). The dub is just used as a scapegoat for the problems, when it's actually a reasonably straight dub with minimal changes, and represents quite good work on 4Kids' part for what it is.

Again, though, this isn't on-topic, and I actually addressed this in the posting elsewhere that I linked to. ;)

Seriously, though, I'm ready for some news. The incessant 'leaks' are getting really annoying by this point.
Yes, yes they are. I think this marks the first time I've actually said anything like this, since long waits for game news are generally like water off a penguin's back to me, as I'm quite patient, but this genuinely is taking far too long! :laugh:

Even if Nintendo just came out with a "Thx for ur votez" or something, that'd be nice.
They sort of did, albeit only on the former ballot form pages, the buttons for which had already been removed from the various sites before the message was ever even added...

But if it's next week, that also llines up well with the Oct. 14th direct rumor...
You know, it does. Here's hoping that that proves accurate, at this point.

Though that idea is definitely hilarious, if you'd prefer to keep it current-Smashers-only, may I recommend my favorite Smash female, Robin.
...Would Shantae also be gluing her hair back on? :troll:
I agree with this - Robin or Zero Suit Samus would make good fourth candidates. :laugh:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

BKupa666 BKupa666

Let's pretend this is actually true(because I'm still skeptical). Based on this criteria and ignoring all subjectivity, there are only a few candidates I can see happening, and logically, KKR would fit the bill as one of these.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Wait.... If that guy is actually telling the truth, could he really be referring to Ridley? o.o

I ask because of what was said here: He also said "He doesn't think this character won the ballot," but that "It's the character who makes a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons."

Clearly, Ridley did not win the ballot, but he does make a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wait.... If that guy is actually telling the truth, could he really be referring to Ridley? o.o

I ask because of what was said here: He also said "He doesn't think this character won the ballot," but that "It's the character who makes a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons."

Clearly, Ridley did not win the ballot, but he does make a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons.
No.
Ridley would be a shock to the fanbase to get in after Sakurai going from Brawl: "He'd probably be impossible" to Smash 4: "Making him a fighter would compromise his character."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Has Stealth been involved in any sort of major rumor or leak? just curious.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
No.
Ridley would be a shock to the fanbase to get in after Sakurai going from Brawl: "He'd probably be impossible" to Smash 4: "Making him a fighter would compromise his character."
You make a point, but Sakurai is known for being a troll and going back on what he says. You never know what might happen. I honestly don't mind if it's not Ridley, but it would generate the hugest amount of hype ever (next to K.Rool himself)

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm only paying attention to this guy because he seems to be followed by a former Retro studios staff member (who worked on DKCTF). He might have other industry connections, maybe?

This is another tweet he made.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I don't know. It depends on how you look at things, but given K. Rool's situation (same goes for Isaac and Andy), I dunno if I would call K. Rool an eventual addition at this point in time (if you didn't know some of the other things we know like M.Kelbaugh following Kremling Kampaigner...).

I'm not sure. I'm gonna say it sounds like the person is talking about Inklings. At the same time, I don't know if Inklings are ever referred to as a singular person.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So basically someone wants to pull a Tama while being rather ambiguous about it.
I don't see how this can go wrong at all. /s
I'm willing to give him the time of day because he, unlike Tama, is not being an *** about characters, saying "LOL K. ROOL IS A COSTUME AND HAS LESS CHANCE THAN SHREK, GIVE UP *insert meme here*."

I'm just a little worried it's someone like Dixie or Waddle Dee, because "it's someone who would have gotten in eventually" according to a new response of his. That, coupled with the idea that it's probably not the outright ballot winner, makes me think it's someone more 'civilian.' No offense to those fans, of course.

I'm only paying attention to this guy because he seems to be followed by a former Retro studios staff member (who worked on DKCTF). He might have other industry connections, maybe?

This is another tweet he made.

I don't know. It depends on how you look at things, but given K. Rool's situation (same goes for Isaac and Andy), I dunno if I would call K. Rool an eventual addition at this point in time (if you didn't know some of the other things we know like M.Kelbaugh following Kremling Kampaigner...).

I'm not sure. I'm gonna say it sounds like the person is talking about Inklings. At the same time, I don't know if Inklings are ever referred to as a singular person.
I think you could say that about K. Rool. At this point, it's not a matter of if he'll return, but when, and when he does, he'll skyrocket to the tip-top of everyone's Smash expectations.

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think another thing to consider, is he uses "person" to describe the character.

I don't really think that would be accurate in regards to K. Rool? Most people would refer to him as a character. So idk.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
__Stealth said:
"If it were Wolf I'd have hung myself by now,"
I read through some of his posts and I believe he considers Wolf a clone.:facepalm: Though Wolf would make sense for a preballot and fit every other criteria this guy listed. i mean there wouldn't be any other characters that fit the bill, because I'm assuming that Krool would get in because of the ballot. Also he only talks about 1 character so maybe there are more?Though this guy sounds familiar I think he might have done a fake leak in the past.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm willing to give him the time of day because he, unlike Tama, is not being an *** about characters, saying "LOL K. ROOL IS A COSTUME AND HAS LESS CHANCE THAN SHREK, GIVE UP *insert meme here*."

I'm just a little worried it's someone like Dixie or Waddle Dee, because "it's someone who would have gotten in eventually" according to a new response of his. That, coupled with the idea that it's probably not the outright ballot winner, makes me think it's someone more 'civilian.'
Which is why this rumor is so ambiguous. It's claimed to not be a surprise character, claimed that the character would have gotten in eventually, and that it's effectively first party among other things.

Doesn't sound like a veteran anyway. I don't know what to think.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The other thing, his initial tweet says "It is the character that makes a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons." That's completely nitpicking on my part, but he says "it is the character," not just any old "a character," making me think it's at least a noteworthy contender.

And yes, I recognize that this could easily be fake. It's at least something to discuss to keep our minds off the madness, though.

Last edited:

murdokdracul

NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814

Could be, but I'm gonna say don't get your hopes up too high.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

There's also this. The Stealth guy retweeted it. Maybe it's about the same information?
I doubt it is Dixie Kong or Bandanna Waddle Dee. I do not think they would result in that level of excitement for most people.

I can see Isaac, Inklings, K. Rool doing that as far as Nintendo characters go.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
These people posting leaks are cruel. They know we're ravenous like hungry hungry hippos and they know they can spew anything they want because we're desperate to hear ANYTHING. Nintendo needs to ride in on a white horse and tell us something. And then give us K. Rool. And then delete Dark Pit. And add No Suit Samus.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman

There's also this. The Stealth guy retweeted it. Maybe it's about the same information?
I doubt it is Dixie Kong or Bandanna Waddle Dee. I do not think they would result in that level of excitement for most people.

I can see Isaac, Inklings, K. Rool doing that as far as Nintendo characters go.
Additionally, both have estimated that their information would be revealed within two weeks, implying that it may in-fact be the same information.

Last edited:

murdokdracul

NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
Like InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand says, I'm leaning towards the belief that Stealth__ is talking about the Inkling(s) after that comment. K. Rool is still doubted by a lot of people; I think he's 99% likely to make it, but I don't think most people would say he "would have been added eventually".

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if you guys talked about this but people were saying that the private video on Nintendo's smash playlist said "Set Sail For A Fight!", sounds like our kaptain could end up in and with Stealth's hints it is looking good for K. Rool

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
but I don't think most people would say he "would have been added eventually".
I've got to be honest, here, I always saw K. Rool as a character who would be added eventually...

If anyone ever would've told me some fifteen years ago that eventually a load of us would have been taking part in a kampaign to bring him back and get him into Smash, I seriously never would've believed it!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Like InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand says, I'm leaning towards the belief that Stealth__ is talking about the Inkling(s) after that comment. K. Rool is still doubted by a lot of people; I think he's 99% likely to make it, but I don't think most people would say he "would have been added eventually".
They only talk about 1 character though, what of the other characters? Inkling would be understandable to put in due to the fact that Splatoon is the only thing saving the Wii U right now.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The person in question voted for these characters:
If he's "rather looking forward to" the newcomer and these are his votes, that would seemingly narrow it down to one of K. Rool, Isaac or Inkling.

And now he's refusing to give away the gender, as if that would be too incriminating. Inklings, perhaps?

Last edited:
Top Bottom