• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
So I'm thinking, K.Rool will be revealed soon. And by soon, I mean late October-early November.

Last edited:

deleted

Smash Cadet
I didnt think it would matter.

Ow man this cutscene in particular i will never forget it really just shows how intimidating K.Rool can be...i remember this when i was alot younger i was legitly scared to face K Rool he doesnt mess about...

And this one!

Hey that video with the armadillo when does that cut scene appear cuz i have recently been playing dk 64 for the first time and I've fought 3 of the bosses and i have not seen that it yet

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Would you guys rather have an annoucement of K Rool at the end of the fighter ballot Mewtwo style? (No gameplay footage) Or with a reveal trailer (intended for Roy/Ryu)?

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Would you guys rather have an annoucement of K Rool at the end of the fighter ballot Mewtwo style? (No gameplay footage) Or with a reveal trailer (intended for Roy/Ryu)?
Trailer. No contest, that form is a terrific hype-builder and method of reveal. Doesn't hurt that in my boredom I have created several completely outlandish trailer concepts parodying existing media.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
¿If you had to make a new Kremling type of enemy, what would it be and why?
I wanted to revisit this comment because I had a cool "what-if" idea just now. You know how both DKC2 and 3 had a special lost Kremling world? What if we got a new DKCR game with a lost world of Kremlings that look like they were lost in time. Thicker looking skin, nastier teeth, loin clothes, and the like. Maybe even other not kroc-like enemies like mini Mammoths or Saber Tooth Tigers could appear. Maybe the kremlings could swing wooden clubs or try to crush you with large stone wheels or something.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Would you guys rather have an announcement of K Rool at the end of the fighter ballot Mewtwo style? (No gameplay footage) Or with a reveal trailer (intended for Roy/Ryu)?
I would love a trailer like any sane person. But we don't know if the Smash team is already working on the ballot winners or they are just nose picking until the ballot ends (gotta admit this isn't that bad because Sakurai could use some days off).
For all we know we could just get a list of the winner(s) and a legend that says "expect newcomers on 2016" on October 3rd.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Either is fine for me, as long as K. Rool is revealed, I care not of how he's shown.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I think we'd all prefer to see the King do his best in His Finest Hour in a trailer.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I would love a trailer like any sane person. But we don't know if the Smash team is already working on the ballot winners or they are just nose picking until the ballot ends (gotta admit this isn't that bad because Sakurai could use some days off).
For all we know we could just get a list of the winner(s) and a legend that says "expect newcomers on 2016" on October 3rd.
We still have two months before the ballot ends, so that is why we should keep voting for K. Rool to make sure he is still one of the top most voted characters by then.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm so special that I have to be tagged when someone even mentions this thread
Step down, @ BKupa666 BKupa666 , I'm leading the charge here
Don't step down pls
you're a better kaptain than me, I'm just a ****poster

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I think everyone would prefer a trailer; however I wouldn't mind a Mewtwo like reveal if it means we get to see K. Rool earlier and then get a trailer at a later date like Mewtwo.

Zynux

Smash Lord
The costume is definitely a result of the ballot support. If he's decided that it will act as a precursor to a character shortly, then that's already the case.
There is reason to speculate that this is the case, but it should be noted that just because the K. Rool Costume was timed to release during when the ballot was going on does not confirm that it was at the result of said ballot.

It could very well could have drafted up during his popularity before the ballot.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Unpopular opinion, but given how many cut characters have returned as DLC, am I the only one who kind of wants Ivysaur and Squirtle to appear as separate characters with new down specials, like our friend Charizard? After that, the only veteran I could really ask for to round things perfectly would be Snake. Wolf wouldn't be too bad, but he's not my favorite. If Ice Climbers are still being worked on somehow, they would be welcome as well, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
No. As far as veterans go i want wolf first(and snake if probable that is) and then ivysaur and squirtle to come back. I miss ivy.. the vine whipping quadruped was really fun and uniqe. These are of course all prioritized after K.Rool, that is.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah but the thing is that he never intended his point to be valid.
It was in response to me calling out someone saying that Metroid was under represented. If he didn't intend it to be valid then he shouldn't have said it at all.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
My fellow Kutthroats. Ladies, gentlement and pre-Brawl speculators (and @ Bedoop Bedoop )

After seeing and think more closely of our current situation, and analyzing the current behavior of our community, i have the deep urge to ask an important question about our beloved Kremling King:

¿Is this truly the worst moment to be a K.Rool supporter?

It's been over a year and a half since Sm4ash was first shown to the public back in E3 2013, and in the following months, we had a good chunk of moments in which the King didn't seem to stand that much of a chance.

The Gematsu Leak had everyone beign paranoid of the possibilty that K.Rool, alongside other characters, would not make it into the fray.

During the days Gematsu's leak ruled supreme, we were pretty much excluded when it came to fake leaks and rumors, and everyone was all like Chrom this, Chorus Kids that and Shulk Smash.

We pointed out that Rosalina showed that just because you weren't mentioned by Sal it dind't mean you were not in the roster,
but most people still thought that the characters mentioned by Sal were the remaining ones.

When Robin tipped the scales, some people here celebrated the supposed unrealiability of Gematsu's infamous rumors, but it dind't matter in long run since we neither turned out to be victorious or defeated.

A MUCH worse example was the dreadfull ESRB leak. I remember the excact day (August 20) and first thing i said when i laid eyes upon that image of the final vanilla roster:
"Meh, fake."

Little i did know the crazy and depressing ride that was ahead of me, all those things that showed the ESRB leak to be the real deal, it was like K.Rool was getting less likely every day.

By the time Shulk's trailer was shown, i gave up on K.Rool and focused on the one character that i put my faith and hope during the Pre-Sm4ash speculation era: Mewtwo.

I remember the agonizing moment i saw the notice which confirmed the final vanilla roster, and all my hopes were crushed.......
.....that was until the 50-facts extravangza appeared and showed Mewtwo. With his confirmation, the hopes of seeing more DLC
raised. And with that, K.Rool's chances.

But i was feeling we were missing something. Something important........something that could be used at our advantage...

The Smash Ballot. Ah yes, the Sm4ash Ballot was the perfect thing to give us a boost in DLC speculation and it's all thanks to the same reason we have endured so much during these last months:

Popularity, Prevalence, Seniority, Confidence and most importantly:Hope.

When it all boiled down to let our voice be heard, we were simply 3 steps ahead of anyone else.All those videos, fanarts and other stuff about the Kremling King, it seemed like K.Rool finally reached it's moment, his time to shine, HIS FINEST HOUR.........

......and then most hope and confidence has been lost all thanks to a damn Mii costume.......

But even if we "fail" at briging K.Rool to Smash, we must not forget that we are ALSO trying to bring K.Rool back to DKC in general,period.

I know for sure someday, our efforts will pay up one way or another, either be his return to DKC, or his debut in Smash.

....and what you had read is another of my horrible attempts to make an inspirationall speech for the Kutthroats. Sorry.
ESRB was infact the Appocolapyse 1999AD for sure nothing can beat how brutal that was...
RealTalk

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I dont get it...Jigglypuffs DAir should knock you down like Kirbys
So should every DAir ever
Especially PAC-MAN's
But sometimes life likes giving you Pasta Sauce when you clearly asked for just Butter on your noodles :4pacman:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Go back and read the context of the post before sticking your beak in.
You can make anything sound bad by saying 'X is just Y doing Z' that's the whole point of that type of speech. His point is valid because what he is doing is showing that even something everyone here loves can sound like crap if you talk that way. So talking like that is pointless unless you back it up with more in-depth, non-biased reasoning.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
You can make anything sound bad by saying 'X is just Y doing Z' that's the whole point of that type of speech. His point is valid because what he is doing is showing that even something everyone here loves can sound like crap if you talk that way. So talking like that is pointless unless you back it up with more in-depth, non-biased reasoning.
Except it's not bias. Metroid games are essentially you controlling the main protagonist and fighting giant monsters. The reason why we don't have Ridley, or any other giant bosses is because they aren't viable for fighters. It's the way things are. To compensate, Sakurai added an entire 2nd version of that character. Samus has two unique movesets in the game.

That guy said "It's a series about ape looking for banana in a jungle". Which is factually wrong. Sarcasm or no sarcasm.

#1 DK is not just "looking for banana in a jungle" (in fact most of the games feature you rescuing someone in a damsel role).
#2 DK has 9 (technically 10) characters that have starred as main protagonists throughout the series. With an additional main villain. All of which have unique characteristics and no reason in terms of size limitations as to why they couldn't be included.
#3 Donkey Kong himself hasn't even been featured as a playable character in more than half of the 9 main series games.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Except it's not bias. Metroid games are essentially you controlling the main protagonist and fighting giant monsters. The reason why we don't have Ridley, or any other giant bosses is because they aren't viable for fighters. It's the way things are. To compensate, Sakurai added an entire 2nd version of that character. Samus has two unique movesets in the game.

That guy said "It's a series about ape looking for banana in a jungle". Which is factually wrong. Sarcasm or no sarcasm.

#1 DK is not just "looking for banana in a jungle" (in fact most of the games feature you rescuing someone in a damsel role).
#2 DK has 9 (technically 10) characters that have starred as main protagonists throughout the series. With an additional main villain. All of which have unique characteristics and no reason in terms of size limitations as to why they couldn't be included.
#3 Donkey Kong himself hasn't even been featured as a playable character in more than half of the 9 main series games.
You shouldn't generalise, really. It's going to rile up someone or the other.

Ridley isn't playable because Sakurai couldn't make him work to his satisfaction. The fanbase was desperate enough that it probably would have been satisfied even with something not particularly accurate.

:231:

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I made a bigger version of the Kremling Jolly Roger (seen in the flags and Kaptain K. Rool's hat).

Also tried making a color version that I think could work as K. Rool's emblem if he ever made it into the Mario spin-offs.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Um. Have you actually played a Donkey Kong game?
Yes, I don't really think what I said in this post (explaining the "#sarcasm") I just wanted to point out that the way you talked about Metroid could be use to talk about DK, or any other game for the matter.

Have you ever played a Metroid game?
You shouldn't generalise, really. It's going to rile up someone or the other.

Ridley isn't playable because Sakurai couldn't make him work to his satisfaction. The fanbase was desperate enough that it probably would have been satisfied even with something not particularly accurate.

:231:
Thank you!

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I hope you wrecked him more so i hope you wrecked him with a Heavyweight.
A bit late to replying to this; apologies. I actually use heavyweights pretty much exclusively; ROB is my main and I also use Charizard/Wario though not confidently enough for ladder matches unless I won game 1.

Game 1 - ROB vs Roy, FD, Roy wins

Game 2 - ROB vs Roy, BF, ROB wins

Game 3 - ROB vs Villager, DL64, ROB wins

On a more relevant note; anything notable happened recently? I have not had consistent Internet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, what title would you give K.Rool on the Boxing ring?

I would give him the title "The Kremling Leader"

InsaneStar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Johan7
3DS FC
2492-4240-2632
Guys, what title would you give K.Rool on the Boxing ring?

I would give him the title "The Kremling Leader"
King of the Kremling Krew (a similar title like Bowser's and Bowser Jr.'s which their titles are "The King/Prince of The Koopas.)

The Fatso Kremling King (He's not reading this isn't he?)

The Kremling King with Many Personas.

That's all I could think.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
A bit late to replying to this; apologies. I actually use heavyweights pretty much exclusively; ROB is my main and I also use Charizard/Wario though not confidently enough for ladder matches unless I won game 1.

Game 1 - ROB vs Roy, FD, Roy wins

Game 2 - ROB vs Roy, BF, ROB wins

Game 3 - ROB vs Villager, DL64, ROB wins

On a more relevant note; anything notable happened recently? I have not had consistent Internet.

Nothing of note. We're all sitting on our hands until we get news of a Direct which we have no idea when one is coming out. We really can't badger to have them rush it out because it's very possible things are still in turmoil after Iwata's death (god rest his soul). I still don't even know if they even picked a successor for him yet, either they haven't or I missed the memo. It's very possible we could get a New Content Coming trailer that isn't a Direct but I'm not holding my breath.

It's still rather early in August so it's still possible we could get Wolf this month, but if we don't, we might not get anything until after the ballot closes. IF that is the case, if we get nothing until after the Ballot and Pre-Ballot DLC is done, then that would mean Wolf is not pre-ballot, which would be incredibly odd considering Lucas. You'd think him and Wolf would be a packaged deal. 2 Melee vets (Roy and Mewtwo) and 2 Brawl vets (Lucas and Wolf) felt guaranteed but I guess you'd be wrong.

Actually, this is the first time we had a wait between DLC without us knowing what's waiting in the wings. First Mewtwo was revealed in the 50 facts video, and as we were waiting for him, Lucas and the Ballot was revealed. After getting Mewtwo and waiting for Lucas, Roy and Ryu were leaked. Then we got all 3 of those plus Miiverse which we were waiting on and they announced more stages incoming. We got our stages and a bunch of Mii Costumes...but now we have no idea what's coming next and it's been a while since our last update.

Honestly I'm starting to lose hope in any more pre-ballot characters. What are you guys' thoughts on this?

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
"Y-you know Morty, if you spend all day shuffling words around you can make anything sound bad."

I honestly don't know when to expect an announcement but it better reveal at least one winner from the ballot. All this time without ballot news is driving me crazy!

Top Bottom