• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
New WiiU photo challenge: Teams that Smash together win together!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/630770604510216192

Time to post photos of Donkey, Diddy and K. Rool trophies on Miiverse!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkVvHZiJQ

Seems like a good opportunity!
If everyone on this thread did this, it could show just how much we want him more. They would be getting so many, to the point they would have to make him a character. Though it seems the kostume already did that.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If everyone on this thread did this, it could show just how much we want him more. They would be getting so many, to the point they would have to make him a character. Though it seems the kostume already did that.
Yep! Everyone who can, make some posts for this contest, then share them in here so viewers can enjoy your work.

Cactaceae

Smash Rookie
My dear fellow jimmierustlers, the admins are about to change my precious and wonderful username. Take a last glance before it isn't as sexy as it is right now

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
My dear fellow jimmierustlers, the admins are about to change my precious and wonderful username. Take a last glance before it isn't as sexy as it is right now
Now, I mean no offense with my statement, but that raises the following question: what in blue blazes would possess you to ever choose a name like that?

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I have two photos for the contest (or kontest :awesome:).

While I would leave links to them, they are straight from my sd card. The link to them contains names from the photo software, so I wont leave the links for privacy issues.

I will explain each though. Both take place in the arena (where this image takes place):

The first has Dk and Diddy on the side with K. Rool in the middle. In front is the team healer:

The next one is the same thing but instead its mewtwo and bowser at the side. Which one should I post?

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Okay people. Let's do the photo challenge. I will probably try it later this evening. But here are some ideas that anyone can use if they can't think of their own. The theme is "unity".

Some quick brainstorming:

Note: Smashballs are a recurring element because they are probably the closest to symbolize "pick [this character] as a newcomer!!!".

1. K. Rool with two Kritters and a Smashball. You could position K. Rool in the middle, one Kritter on each side, and the smashball overhead. Variation: Make it look like the Kritters are raising K. Rool to the Smashball.
2. K. Rool with Kritter, Zinger, and a Smash Ball. Similar concept as above.
3. K. Rool with DK, and Diddy. Similar concept once again. Or just making them all look cool.
4. Three Kritters in the back and K. Rool in the front, looking at the camera or looking at them.
5. K. Rool, Kritter, Bowser, and Koopa Troopa. Something like them joining forces.
6. K. Rool, Ganondorf, Bowser, Dedede. Villains united!
7.K. Rool with Peach, Rosalina, and some other crown wearer on the roster (I forget who else there is). He's got the royal vote. And a smashball.
8. K. Rool, Charizard, Yoshi. Lizard power?

Not all of these ideas are winners. Most probably aren't. But they might inspire you to make a good one. Share your own!

If nothing else, submitting a mediocre photo is better than nothing. A K. Rool pic winning the competition would be nice, but our main goal is mostly visibility. Sakurai and the team will be looking, so let's take this chance. Best to stick as closely to K. Rool/DK as possible. If you venture out to include other characters, probably best to prioritize characters already on the roster. Pairing K. Rool with Sonic's Vector the Crocodile, for example, might not have that much of an impact since Vector has little to do with Smash Bros or Nintendo in the first place.

Last edited:

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
I really appreciate the Rash's participation in Killer Instinct, and they made a really great job on him (with throwbacks in his moveset, classic SFXs, and his voice and dialogues are just on point).. even if he's just in the Beta phases anyway. But, I'd like it more if I was actually a KI fan (not dig the gameplay or visuals,... or the game itself as a whole) or Microsoft consoles. =P

Oh, and besides... I never thought that a Battletoad would fit in a gore thematic game;.. They seem much better for a fighting game like Smash or Street Fighter.
KI isn't "gore thematic", you seem to have it mixed up with MK.

Also, Battletoads fit WAY better in KI than Street Fighter, why would a giant toadman show up in a world of martial arts people. Rash makes sense in a game with robots, ice aliens, ghosts, cyber dinosaurs etc.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Guys, what title would you give K.Rool on the Boxing ring?
I'd give him King Krusha K. Rool, and I fully expect the European version's translation of the game to do so.

I expect that the North American translation will continue its streak of dropping most of the humourous titles and references, and just go with King of the Kremlings, though.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Good job @ SuperSmashSean SuperSmashSean and @ InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand , you guys have some really good ideas for this Photo challenge!

I was thinking of K. Rool, Bowser, and King Dedede for a "3 Trouble King" motif as well.

I strongly encourage anyone here who has the WiiU version to participate in this "Unity" photo challenge with pictures of DK and K. Rool! As it says on the page Sakurai and team will be choosing favorites, so this is a good chance to get King K. Rool in the spotlight!

Here is the link again on Miiverse explaining the challenge:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Argh, I would totally help out with the Photo Challenge, but I still can't unlock that dang K. Rool trophy.
I suck at HRC, always have. :gawmelee:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Good job @ SuperSmashSean SuperSmashSean and @ InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand , you guys have some really good ideas for this Photo challenge!

I was thinking of K. Rool, Bowser, and King Dedede for a "3 Trouble King" motif as well.

I strongly encourage anyone here who has the WiiU version to participate in this "Unity" photo challenge with pictures of DK and K. Rool! As it says on the page Sakurai and team will be choosing favorites, so this is a good chance to get King K. Rool in the spotlight!

Here is the link again on Miiverse explaining the challenge:
Oh man, some of the comments on that announcement are painful to read. :laugh:

Anyway, I'll give this a go tomorrow. More's the pity that Smash 3DS doesn't also have the Trophy Hoard Photo Studio feature, or else I'd put something together right now.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I forgot, Smash Wii U locks that trophy behind unrealistic requirements, doesn't it? It was easy to get in Smash 3DS.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Nothing of note. We're all sitting on our hands until we get news of a Direct which we have no idea when one is coming out. We really can't badger to have them rush it out because it's very possible things are still in turmoil after Iwata's death (god rest his soul). I still don't even know if they even picked a successor for him yet, either they haven't or I missed the memo. It's very possible we could get a New Content Coming trailer that isn't a Direct but I'm not holding my breath.

It's still rather early in August so it's still possible we could get Wolf this month, but if we don't, we might not get anything until after the ballot closes. IF that is the case, if we get nothing until after the Ballot and Pre-Ballot DLC is done, then that would mean Wolf is not pre-ballot, which would be incredibly odd considering Lucas. You'd think him and Wolf would be a packaged deal. 2 Melee vets (Roy and Mewtwo) and 2 Brawl vets (Lucas and Wolf) felt guaranteed but I guess you'd be wrong.

Actually, this is the first time we had a wait between DLC without us knowing what's waiting in the wings. First Mewtwo was revealed in the 50 facts video, and as we were waiting for him, Lucas and the Ballot was revealed. After getting Mewtwo and waiting for Lucas, Roy and Ryu were leaked. Then we got all 3 of those plus Miiverse which we were waiting on and they announced more stages incoming. We got our stages and a bunch of Mii Costumes...but now we have no idea what's coming next and it's been a while since our last update.

Honestly I'm starting to lose hope in any more pre-ballot characters. What are you guys' thoughts on this?
Well he did say everything from now on is ballot.
He said pre ballot is done
Sakurai

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Well he did say everything from now on is ballot.
He said pre ballot is done
Sakurai
Unless you're talking about a different statement I haven't seen, he only said that everything from now on is going to be fan service, which isn't limited to the Ballot characters. Lucas and Roy were fan service, Wolf would be fan service and so on.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Said it before and I'll say it again. If the costume is meant to be fanservice, I'd rather have the other kind of fanservice featuring K. Rool. The costume is that bad.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I know this is way off topic but I had to. If anyone ever says they are tried of more anime/hentai characters in smash yet request shantae, that is where I lose hope in the sm4sh community.

Back to K. Rool. Has anyone posted their kontest photos on miiverse yet?

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone just wanted to let you guys know King K. Rool will be receiving a rerate in the rate their chances thread tomorrow. It would be nice if all of you could stop on by and tell everyone why the King still has a chance and that the costume means nothing. Even if you do not feel comfortable rating his chances feel free to abstain from rating them, but make sure to drop by and give him a good want rating. The more people that see we want K. Rool the better. Even if his chance rating happens to fall we need to ban together to show the community he is still loved and will not be forgotten.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Hey everyone just wanted to let you guys know King K. Rool will be receiving a rerate in the rate their chances thread tomorrow. It would be nice if all of you could stop on by and tell everyone why the King still has a chance and that the costume means nothing. Even if you do not feel comfortable rating his chances feel free to abstain from rating them, but make sure to drop by and give him a good want rating. The more people that see we want K. Rool the better. Even if his chance rating happens to fall we need to band together to show the community he is still loved and will not be forgotten.
Make sure to drop us a link and I'll make sure to check it out :bubblebobble:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Hey everyone just wanted to let you guys know King K. Rool will be receiving a rerate in the rate their chances thread tomorrow. It would be nice if all of you could stop on by and tell everyone why the King still has a chance and that the costume means nothing. Even if you do not feel comfortable rating his chances feel free to abstain from rating them, but make sure to drop by and give him a good want rating. The more people that see we want K. Rool the better. Even if his chance rating happens to fall we need to band together to show the community he is still loved and will not be forgotten.
I actually have a post preprepared for this. :p

(Also Wolf recently overtook K Rool as most wanted so we must reclaim our throne)

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
I actually have a post preprepared for this. :p

(Also Wolf recently overtook K Rool as most wanted so we must reclaim our throne)
He is still the most wanted newcomer though... Wolf will probably be added regardless of his place in the ballot! It's free money for nintendo just because SF0 is coming out soon!

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
new video! I made this for every person that supports k rool for smash DLC and since the beginning. Share this video with everyone and start the movement! We will get king k rool in smash once and for all!

Last edited:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Just raged in your thread... hope your happy...

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
new video! I made this for every person that supports k rool for smash DLC and since the beginning. Share this video with everyone and start the movement! We will get king k rool in smash once and for all!

holy hell of doom du criquet migrateur!

this is nice. got some chill

edit : but you *** spoil me K.ROOL BOSS BATTLE for dk jungle climber...i forgive you for that!

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery

I won't lie, this was FREAKING awesome and gave me child. It's seems like the epic speech before the final battle in a 5 stars action movie.

seal of approval.png

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman

That was really good. Made a chill go up my spine!

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
apologies accepted. nice video!
can i like 10 more times?

GO K .ROOL in smash!
K.ROOL in smash = nice k.rool amiibo for my stand = K.Rool in mario maker too ! ( i think.. )
and a pretty nice big chance of k.rool in the next DKCOUNTRY!

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Here is an interesting fact!
I would never have guessed!
Kremlings were originally certain rejects of a Battletoad game Rare LTD. was making at the time until Rare decided to use them in DKC.

DKC has the deepest lore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom