• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Good write-up, coming from someone who's also helping swayed some voters with write-ups...it's a good strategy, in that you persuade people to vote for a great character without doing any written work themselves.

On a different note, I dunno if anyone in here responded to this guy's anti-K. Rool Reddit thread (http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3favhj/i_need_to_rant_about_king_k_rool/), but all the supportive posts sound like stuff people in here would say, so kudos to whoever it may have been.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Mom: Me and Faith are going to the store, we'll be about an hour
Me: OK
*5 hours later*
:drsad:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Oh yeah. I remember what my prediction was..

First party
1. King K. Rool
2. Krystal
3. <Another high candidate. Isaac, Bandana Dee, Inkling etc.... Just depends I guess XD)

Thirdparty
Rayman

Indie
Shantae/Shovel Knight

This is just me of course. I have no earthly clue how this whole thing will play out, and to be honest none of us do..

Personally, I just want to see interesting characters that adds some fresh blood to an already expansive roster! ^_^

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Also, I suggest everyone who plays online in Smash 4, use the tag K.ROOL4DLC or something like that.

I'm using that while cycling through my mains :4bowser::4ganondorf::4mewtwo:. Villains united!

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
First Rayman, now King K. Rool.
Man, Sakurai SURE loves to keep my most wanted characters in the dark.
It's really getting annoying. And you know what's the worst part?
We don't know if these two were either turned down as options or were cut due to time constraints.
Rayman and K. Rool are the last characters that I need to make Smash 4 to feel like the ultimate culmination of everything that I love about video games.
Please, Sakurai. Don't let me down.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The Dr. Mario leak was fake. I'm genuinely surprised. Bummer, that would have been one hell of a stage.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Has Playtonic said something about the K. Rool costume? Did they like? --After all, it's faithful to their original design.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Has Playtonic said something about the K. Rool costume? Did they like? --After all, it's faithful to their original design.
Steve Mayles tweeted and expressed satisfaction that he's "back to his original form." He also RTed the (popular) comment from the Kampaign that "K. Rool is supposed to wear the costumes, not just be one!"

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
General ballot question: if Sakurai indeed intended to "just take whatever ideas he liked from the suggestion box so that a convincing Goomba vote would trump a thousand Isaac votes," would he say so in an interview? Would he claim that it's "fan service from here on out" and leave out his role as gatekeeper, or would he say something more like "I'm monitoring all the top suggestions to see what sort of unique ideas catch my eye"? In other words, was that quote transparent?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
General ballot question: if Sakurai indeed intended to "just take whatever ideas he liked from the suggestion box so that a convincing Goomba vote would trump a thousand Isaac votes," would he say so in an interview? Would he claim that it's "fan service from here on out" and leave out his role as gatekeeper, or would he say something more like "I'm monitoring all the top suggestions to see what sort of unique ideas catch my eye"? In other words, was that quote transparent?
So basicly its just a suggestion box im sure he will account for the top 10 most voted but then just pick any 2, 3 or how many hes gonna add and make em.

He doesnt have to pick the #1 most voted..although it would be pretty stupid if he didnt...expecially if the #1 most voted there is a big number of votes for him compared to #2 (a big gap between them)

Like sonic in brawl how much he was voted.

But also lets say if he is making 3 charac2 i dont expect him to go and pick 1st . 2nd .3rd and call it a day....you know that aint Sakurai...
But also we dont even know if K.Rool is truly #1.

Although hes gotta be in Top3.
Tahts what i think how this ballot is going gown

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Generally speaking, he's going to have some discretion in what happens.

Let's say the hypothetical top 5 ends up being

1) Goku
2) Banjo Kazooie
3) King K. Rool
4) Isaac
5) Wolf

Just because Goku is number 1, doesn't mean he's going to become DLC.

I think on that note, Let's say for logistic reasons, BK can't happen. So long.

But with the other three I think they're all plausible. It'd be bull**** if a Nintendo character gets over looked because Sakurai doesn't like them or whatever.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

1) Goku
2) Banjo Kazooie
3) King K. Rool
4) Isaac
5) Wolf

But with the other three I think they're all plausible. It'd be bull**** if a Nintendo character gets over looked because Sakurai doesn't like them or whatever.
King K. Rool is too big. Isaac doesn't have moveset potential. Wolf's already in the game... as an alt for Fox.
-Sakurai, 2015

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I would like to stress a word of caution of any leaks that pop up in the next few months. Since that costume exists it gives trolls and fakers easier material to make up a fake mock up of K. Rool. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm sure we will see some soon enough.....

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

1) Goku
2) Banjo Kazooie
3) King K. Rool
4) Isaac
5) Wolf

I actually think banjo can happen

@POKEMAN _ you do know K.Rool is smaller than bowser right... (-_-)

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

1) Goku
2) Banjo Kazooie
3) King K. Rool
4) Isaac
5) Wolf

Yeah, that goes without saying. Basically, my question involves once he weeds out the Shreks, Gokus, Banjos and indies...will he just go for the reasonable remaining first party characters or will there be nitpicking among them?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Yeah, that goes without saying. Basically, my question involves once he weeds out the Shreks, Gokus, Banjos and indies...will he just go for the reasonable remaining first party characters or will there be nitpicking among them?
I'm sure there will be nitpicking, it's Sakurai we're talking about after all.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, in that case, I hope not. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to pick and choose. He's been adamant before that a newcomer has to be unique and have potential for a moveset. Perhaps if he can't see the potential, then he could skip over them? Let's just hope that he doesn't actually have a bias against DK for any reason.

Even more reason to add moveset ideas to our ballot votes, methinks. We need to continue to show him WHY K. Rool is unique and warrants a position, moreso than simply "we want him."

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Alright, I took all the screenshots from the Mii Costume I needed to redo my K. Rool mockup, I'll start now; probably I won't finish today, but I'll keep you guys updated. (I'll use the old one as base, and make the needed changes, like crown, scales, snout, eye, etc..);
Should I make the different color pallets too? (the same I made before)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hmmm, in that case, I hope not. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to pick and choose. He's been adamant before that a newcomer has to be unique and have potential for a moveset. Perhaps if he can't see the potential, then he could skip over them? Let's just hope that he doesn't actually have a bias against DK for any reason.

Even more reason to add moveset ideas to our ballot votes, methinks. We need to continue to show him WHY K. Rool is unique and warrants a position, moreso than simply "we want him."
TL.DR.
He adds who he wants.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Also something interesting... Dunno if it's been brought up, probably has but

The K. Rool mii costume doesn't have a trademark on it. If they recently trademarked him, how come it isn't with the costume?

Was this costume ready to go before the trademark occurred? Why is King K. Rool™ absent for this?

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman

I agree! In my writeups I talked all about the blunderbuss and the Baron's electricity/gadgets.

StormC

Smash Hero
I just found the .GIF on my computer, hopefully you don't think I was trying to take credit. :p

And yeah, I've always visualized K. Rool's F-Throw to be like Mewtwo's, but with cannonballs.

Top Bottom