• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Terriner

Smash Rookie
kan someone explain where did they get the "reveal pic" in this video?? looks like leak or something... :/

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Given Sakurai's premium DLC statement, it's pretty obvious of itself that the K. Rool costume would be in the highest of quality. I don't see the outfit itself as a sign of K. Rool coming.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I agree. I think it is inconclusive either way, given that there does not seem to be a clear pattern in terms of the Mii costumes chosen. If it's a positive sign for K.Rool, why aren't other top ballot performers getting costumes? This is the inverse of my argument against the pessimists who think it means K.Rool's chances are kaput. Currently, neither explanation is convincing.

Eureka

Smash Ace
I agree. I think it is inconclusive either way, given that there does not seem to be a clear pattern in terms of the Mii costumes chosen. If it's a positive sign for K.Rool, why aren't other top ballot performers getting costumes? This is the inverse of my argument against the pessimists who think it means K.Rool's chances are kaput. Currently, neither explanation is convincing.
It's a good sign for K. Rool, because it shows he still has MUH RELEVANCE, which many people used as a point against KKR.

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
Sounds pretty good actually.
Why is it so...how do I say, sharp, though?
I'm still learning the ropes on mastering and EQ'ing things. I might've put too many things in the 10000Hz area, so that might be it.

But still, issa work in progress. Plus that guitar is REALLY not doing it for me now, way too odd.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This is bumping. Do any of you have any thoughts on how the king's reveal trailer would look?
It shows footage of his boss battles in all the DKC games in order, while the year they came out is beside it in bold white letters.
It stops at DK64, then fades to black.
Finally, 2016 explodes onto the screen, King K. Rool appears behind it and swats it away.
Cue trailer.

EDIT: I think it goes without saying, but King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2 plays in the background.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Come to think of it, was the Black Knight in Fire Emblem Awakening?

People say that "the only way such an irrelevant character as K. Rool would become a costume is because of the ballot," but if Black Knight hasn't been around since whenever Ike's games came out, that's not even true...it's not like he was getting a lot of votes.

StormC

Smash Hero
It shows footage of his boss battles in all the DKC games in order, while the year they came out is beside it in bold white letters.
It stops at DK64, then fades to black.
Finally, 2016 explodes onto the screen, King K. Rool appears behind it and swats it away.
Cue trailer.
Too awesome to be true.

I'd probably cry...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yes but his role was incredibly minor in that game. He's a downloadable unit in that game who doesn't interact with the other Awakening units, is as much of an importance to Awakening as someone like Priam.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

People say that "the only way such an irrelevant character as K. Rool would become a costume is because of the ballot," but if Black Knight hasn't been around since whenever Ike's games came out, that's not even true...it's not like he was getting a lot of votes.
Not to my knowledge.

Edit - nvm.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
This is bumping. Do any of you have any thoughts on how the king's reveal trailer would look?
The trailer is done entirely through gameplay footage. Open on Jungle Hijinx, where DK and Diddy are fighting Mii Brawler dressed as K. Rool. After a brief fight, the Brawler drops to the floor and the Kongs celebrate with their taunts.

Kredits roll.

The Kredits abruptly stop halfway through as a sinister laugh is heard. K. Rool jumps into the fray, grabs the Brawler and blows it away with his blunderbuss.

King K. Rool takes kommand!

Cue gameplay of K. Rool.

Trailer closes with a brief shot of K. Rool standing over DK and Diddy's collapsed bodies as he celebrates with his laughing taunt.

He appears as a downloadable unit and speaks in a DLC chapter called "Rogues and Redeemers", but his role is an optional cameo at most. Dozens of Fire Emblem characters appear as downloadable units, it isn't a special case.

His last important role as a main character in Fire Emblem was Radiant Dawn, where he is a major antagonist. He hasn't had anything other than a minute cameo in the series beyond Radiant Dawn, so the fact that he's a Mii costume is quite surprising in itself!

Last edited:

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
Thank ya!

And personally, I imagined a remix of Crocodile Cacophony playing, each 'Badum' in the beginning slowly panning upwards on him. Potentially each time swapping to a different costume of him. Then right at the part where the song starts going, his splash art and quote appears, followed by the gameplay.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Can somebody help me out? Some idiot online is claiming that not only is K. Rool owned by Rare, but so is Diddy Kong. Does anybody know what resource I can use online to verify or prove that they are, in fact, owned by Nintendo? I know they are, but I wish to back up my facts with evidence.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Can somebody help me out? Some idiot online is claiming that not only is K. Rool owned by Rare, but so is Diddy Kong. Does anybody know what resource I can use online to verify or prove that they are, in fact, owned by Nintendo? I know they are, but I wish to back up my facts with evidence.
I would just leave him alone if i was you....

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
What? Does he know Diddy Kong is in DKCR and TF and Mario Kart Wii, and a **** ton of other games past Rare's time with Nintendo.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 , I should add that the Black Knight is a very popular character amongst the Fire Emblem fanbase, though I don't think he's ever been a notably popular choice for Smash. Certainly, demand for him would be moon miles behind that of Chrom, Hector, Lyn, Corrin, Azura, Anna, Roy (formerly)...really, his name hardly comes up in the context of Smash, even when the subject is specifically aimed at Fire Emblem characters that could be added to the roster.

His role as Mii costume just kinda came out of nowhere. Unless Sakurai regards him as a character in a similar situation to Lloyd Irving and Chrom (which is either a huge compliment to the Black Knight or a wild underestimation of these characters' popularity), or Sakurai chose him based on Ike's appearance in the roster, there's really no rhyme or reason to his selection. It could be that he was chosen as a nod to the Tellius saga, which Ike is the central hero of, since no other character in Marth, Roy (Rekka no Ken has a few very popular characters, but Sakurai may consider that a totally different entity to Roy's game, even though Rekka no Ken is a narrative prequel to Roy's game) or Robin / Lucina's games would be quite as popular, that haven't already made the cut in some capacity; even so, it doesn't change the fact that, in a situation very reminiscent of K. Rool, the Black Knight hasn't had a canon appearance in a game since the mid-Noughties.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So here's an interesting thought question for you guys: Why do you support the King (or really any of your major supported characters)?
King K. Rool
-He's my favourite Nintendo villain, and is full of personality (he made a massive impact on me as a result); Smash is sorely lacking in villains.
-He would be a heavyweight, and there aren't enough of those in Smash in general.
-Since his boss fights have all been so varied, and since he pokes fun at various video game final boss tropes with his costumes and personas, he brings a lot to the table moves-wise.
-I've been expecting him to appear since Melee!

Bandana Waddle Dee
-He's the bodyguard of my favourite Nintendo character, King Dedede, and has worked his way up from a minor role to being one of the four main protagonists of the Kirby series.
-Being a spear-user and a member of a generally non-flying species, he would make for both an interesting anti-air fighter, and a unique contrast to his noticeably more airborne Kirby series peers.

I'm going to call in later and ask about K. Rool and the costume as well. In fact, I encourage anyone who can to do the same. The more feedback Nintendo gets regarding the character, the more they know we care.
If it's alright, I'd just like to back up the importance of this with some facts that don't seem to be particularly well-known around here. Those being: Nintendo has had procedures in place for collecting fan input for decades, and they actually originated at Nintendo of America, as detailed in Chapter Five of these memoirs (which are highly recommended reading, by the by; Chapter Five is the one that gives insight about how the surveys and ballots of today came to exist, though).

They most definitely do take into account what you say, and their reps tend to be very knowledgeable - it almost goes without saying that this especially applies to big events like the Fighter Ballot.

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Open ocean. A ship appears on the horizon. A quick camera swap reveals Toon Link on the ship (also soft-confirming pirate ship from brawl), doing the usual ship maintenance and things. Suddenly, a sharp crack fills the air and a lone cannonball sails forth, missing TLink as he ducks underneath. Looking up, the Gangplank Galleon appears out of the blue and is seen advancing towards the vessel with K. Rool at the helm. Zoom on K. Rool. Splash art. Cut to trailer.

...but then again, I'm no wordsmith (I am notoriously bad at expressing my thoughts into words, as the above testifies), nor am I a trailer designer. Just something I'd find neat :p. Take with a grain of salt, please.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I think I'll try to update my mockup with Rare's design, since now I have source material;
Can't wait to see the results; was always a big fan of these pallet swaps with Klump, Skidda and Re-Koil being the only ones I wouldn't personally use. That is a statement on my taste in colours rather than the quality of these, mind you.

Yeah, but he claimed that "there's a reason we didn't [see] any more Diddy Kong nearly as much as we did for years,".
Pretty sure Nintendo owns Diddy as a registered trademark. That is absolutely the only evidence you need and if he doesn't accept it there is no point talking to him.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Well we could just slap the nitty-gritty Snake's moveset onto the more cartoon-y Bomberman, no?
It'd work alot better with Smash 4's artstyle!

Plus Bomberman's muh baby.
My dead, forgotten, lying-in-a-coffin-beside-Snake's-coffin-cause-he's-dead-too baby, but still muh baby. :dr^_^:
as long as we dont get act zero bomberman i wouldnt mind seeing him in :p

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
King K. Rool's trailer...?

Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong are eating Bananas in a jungle when the trees begun to shake...

The camera pans to a glistening Krown...

And green feet running through the jungle.

Diddy and Donkey turn quickly as the trees part..!
And there stands a Mii Brawler in the Kostume.

Diddy and Donkey laugh before throwing him of their sight.

The trees begun to shake again... The Kong's glance at them, clearly bored.

Then, like a mighty hurricane, the Kong's are blown away by a cannon ball!

The Kongs, recovering, glance up to the towering banana to be met with...

King K. Rool!

Gameplay is shown, announcement of release, and hint/confirmation of another DKC DLC content.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Not really... too unpopular among fans, too much competition and there other more popular and deserving Mario characters (Toad/Captain Toad, Paper Mario, even Daisy and Waluigi).

EDIT: And having a character just to represent one game from a series which has hundreds of other games is a fairly bad argument, though fans of certain other character tend to use this argument as well.
if toad gets in then the team from smb2 is complete. i vote with toad comes the classic mushroom kingdom stages :O

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Ok, we finally get an NOA acknowledgement of the dlc, somewhat, we just got a Nintendo minute. I don't have the internet to watch, but anyone wanna check it? it covers all recent dlc though

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Ok, we finally get an NOA acknowledgement of the dlc, somewhat, we just got a Nintendo minute. I don't have the internet to watch, but anyone wanna check it? it covers all recent dlc though
"Also, today some new DLC just became available. Unfortunately the new update was released after we filmed this video so we weren’t able to cover in this video." ~Description

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Seems as though it fails to cover the Mii Costumes, the New Stages, and Tournament Mode. It's quite strange.

EDIT: Nvm, the person above clarified why it was missing. But yeah, it probably wouldn't of meant much (maybe the people in that video want King K. Rool too?)

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
So if you make a brawler with the K. Rool suit and use the shot put it's almost like throwing cannonballs.......

I really hope real K. Rool gets made....

Or else this will be depressing.......

Fortunalty im pretty sure the Mii outfits don't affect the ballot.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So why do I support my most wanted characters? I'll actually be honest and say that at the moment, I've only got 3 characters I'm actively pushing for at the moment as newcomers.

King K. Rool
+ After Ridley and Mewtwo, the other most highly requested character was King K. Rool -
+ Admittedly, I wasn't too fussed over what Donkey Kong got in the original build, but now looking back, I can't help but think you guys should have the fair go in this All-Star Romp.
+ His moveset potential would easily set him apart from all the other Donkey Kong characters and create a very unique heavyweight fighter.

Isaac
+ I always felt that after Little Mac, Isaac should have been the next Assist Trophy to have been promoted, thanks to having a diverse potential in using Earth-psynergy.
+ Golden Sun got little content too, and his Assist Trophy's absence is quite curious.
+ Awesome Music
+ Played the games - definitely a way to celebrate a unique take on RPGs

Inklings:
+ Love at first sight - easily one of the highlights of E3 2014. A fun, new take on a stale genre + Fun and memorable characters!
+ A colourful new IP from Nintendo and one of their most successful modern IPs in recent years!
+ Could easily become one of the most unique weapons based characters.
+ I just really love Splatoon!!

Just because these guys are the ones I push for the most that doesn't mean I don't support all the other characters. I want Wolf back soon as well, and I wouldn't mind other characters like Rayman or Sylux because I like them. It's just that these are the characters I just want to see in this game. After I got Shulk, Little Mac and Roy, these three are the ones that would ultimately finish off Smash 4 for me.

StormC

Smash Hero
Okay so I can't find the original video for some reason but uh, maybe this will suffice.

Top Bottom