• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly if Isaac or any other samey character is DLC then I'll probably move on to other games. I've had a good amount of fun from Smash so far but it's starting to majorly piss me off now.

I'm not laying down £20+ for another character that's so similar to about 6 other characters we already got in this game.
You clearly know nothing about Golden Sun. Isaac is hardly anything close to "samey." (And neither is K. Rool, either.)

Pakky

Smash Hero
Ugh, this just....

Like, who else could they possibly add from the Ballot? Who else is as voted for as King K. Rool that isn't impossible? Nobody, becuase WE WERE BEATING ******* EVERYBODY. I just... How could Sakurai, or the DLC development team in genereal, just look at that, heck look at ALL we did, and say, "Yeah, I could see that as a Mii Costume. Do that."

This... This is just a straight up middle finger right here. This is a sign that the Ballot didn't matter unless it was convenient to them.

I swear, I'm half expecting the only new characters to be the Smash team, all wearing shirts that say "**** ALL OF YOU".

(Although, I'd still prefer that over Dixie, TBH)
I agree but nope, my comment gets damaged controlled. :T

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
What happened to you landlubbers? K. Rool wouldn't have us acting this way! He'd tell us to stop being idiots (And kidnap some apes)!

I say we stand unified for the common goal at hand here. Sure, this might be one of the lowest points this thread has been in for quite a long while, but we just got to let them know how we feel about this and our Kaptain.

Besides, the ballot is about 2/3 of the way through at this point, and that time to develop a costume has to have started at least some time ago. Maybe things will be better at the end of the ballot? We won't know until then, so just keep putting up the good fight!

Just keep kalm and karry on, we're one of the largest fan bases out there and it would be a travesty to not have our voices heard, especially on the level that we've been speaking on. It remains business as usual until they say yay or nay.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Seriously, if anything, this shows that Sakurai knows the fanbase.

Just... Remember Meta Knight. Please.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
See this is what i don't get, there's an opportunity to have something new, but people want the same thing, with something slightly different thrown in.
They play much differently from :4mario::4ness::4marth::4link:.

Dixie Kong could be a semi-clone of :4diddy: but with the hair that lets her float around... that would give her a much different playstyle.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That's why I just hate this whole situation right now, it's basically Ridley all over again, and for a lot of us it's our second time on this roller coaster because there's huge overlap between Rool and Ridley fans. Hell, even -I- sound delusional to myself which is what the entire Ridley fanbase has been pegged as: delusional. And unless Sakurai pulls a fast one on us and confirms K. Rool we will endure the same poop slinging and dehumanizing the Ridley fans have endured already.
I really hope that someone will find data about King.K.Rool in the next update like with the Roy/Ryu leak in 1.0.6. Sakurai please, let us have one reptilian vilain in Smash. :(

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm sorry to contribute to todays hate train, but this is clearly the BIGGEST slap in the face I've gotten all year. I'm beyond disappointed with the decisions being made by Nintendo in the face of this fan-base. And that costume is NOT even CLOSE to something that will appease the k.rool fanbase. My stomach is sick now, Idk if I even want to purchase the costume regardless of how it "supports" k. rool at this point. This costume really feels like the shaft to him being in smash 4. Hope is still in the next direct!

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
This is actually a very good thing for King K Rool.
People can't use "muh relevancy" as a reason why he can't be in anymore.
Perhaps if the skin sells well they'll see the popularity of this character and either add him as Dlc later in this game or he'll be playable in smash 5. Or He'll return to his rightful place in the Donkey Kong Country games.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Yeah gotta love how this thread always turns into a salt mine and hate club for every other candidate when anything that could possibly be interpreted as bad news for K. Rool surfaces.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Dixie Kong could be a semi-clone of :4diddy: but with the hair that lets her float around... that would give her a much different playstyle.
See, now,what did I just post in response to you before?

Last edited:

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Come on guys, don't jump ship now!

To me, this seems like such a Sakurai thing. Many of us were thinking K. Rool was a lock, and now they "deconfirm him", two days before an update and potentially a direct. lol NO.

K. Rool is almost definetly the frontrunner of 1st party newcomers, so it would in a sense be a good marketing move to release a costume of him before he's announced. Let's be real, would anyone buy that costume after he's released? Yes, but it wouldn't sell as well as pre announcement.

Hopefully, some of that made sense. I'm really tired right now.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Oh no you can't say that, you're bashing other fanbases. Please don't state you opinion on what seems to be the case. *sarcasm.
I'm not really bashing Isaac. I know he's quite wanted but I really don't care to see ANOTHER character that's so similar in both origin and theme to several newcomers and returning characters so far.

The crop of Nintendo newcomers for this game has already been quite weak in terms of quality (not playstyle) so far. I need a character that's going to elevate it. K. Rool would be one. Dixie would be one. Isaac would not be one.

(Yes I saw your sarcasm bit, I just wanted to get this point out).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Yeah, "at worst" Dixie would be a Ness/Lucas scenario. They might share some similarities but them sharing most of their attacks wouldn't make a lick of sense.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Yeah gotta love how this thread always turns into a salt mine and hate club for every other candidate when anything that could possibly be interpreted as bad news for K. Rool surfaces.
To be fair, it's not everyone. Just a few people, and it's just an unhealthy way of venting aggression, which is understandable. God, it's going to be a long day.

Friday can't come soon enough.

Enemy Birds

Smash Cadet
Oh boy. . . . How am I gonna write my essay knowing this? (That's right, I'm blaming that on Sakurai, not myself. I'm the best student.)

Maybe we will get K.ROOL in a MII DISGUISE ?
WE know that our king like that.
On one hand,
This is a real blow to K. Rool's chances. I'll buy the costume, and find a way to shoehorn it onto as many Miis as possible, but dang, it looks like our King is going into the "no-hope" bin with Ridley.
Oooon the other hand,
If this was some kind of fake out, and maybe K. Rool got a Mii costume as an alt., that would pretty much feel like the most Rareware-esque thing he's ever done. Not just trolling, but trolling in style.
Either way, we've got a bit of irony going on. In Smash 4, K. Rool is your costume.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
WE HAVE TO REMEMBER. Sakurai is a MASTER troll, so we could be getting MEGA trolled if we're lucky. There is STILL hope left guys. Just have to wait for the direct.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
I just.. Like why K. Rool as a Mii costume? Granted the design of the costume,( as far as K. Rool himself goes) is perfect, but really? I could understand a humanoid character like Chrom or if Issac was one (Id still be pissed), but it just doesn't seem right to have K. Rool as a costume like this.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
I'm not really bashing Isaac. I know he's quite wanted but I really don't care to see ANOTHER character that's so similar in both origin and theme to several newcomers and returning characters so far.

The crop of Nintendo newcomers for this game has already been quite weak in terms of quality (not playstyle) so far. I need a character that's going to elevate it. K. Rool would be one. Dixie would be one. Isaac would not be one.

(Yes I saw your sarcasm bit, I just wanted to get this point out).
Similar in origin and theme?
The only character I can think of being similar to him is Robin..but Isaac has a ton of different magic than him, and likely would have a different gimmick, probably involving Djin, so I can't really see the comparison.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Anger and depression are the darkest stages of grief. You just strolled right in to a big pot of both. Did you really expect anything different?

SCREW ISSAC DIXIE AND WOLF

StormC

Smash Hero
WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE STILL READING THE THREAD. DO YOU ENJOY OUR SUFFERING?

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm sorry guys, this is such a ridiculous tease. I'm really worried the ballot will be ultimately irrelevant, just like the Japanese ballots before the other games.
I think they definately heard the outcries for k. rool, but... nahh. We'll just make him a mii costume... AHHAHAH... AHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA *laughs manically*

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still rooting for King K. Rool despite today's news. I don't think something as simple as a Mii costume will affect the results of the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot.

If Miis can get a :4link: outfit and hats of many other characters, nothing is official IMO.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Looking at what happened.

No no no no nintendo we want the real king k rool not a suit

Come on guys, don't jump ship now!

To me, this seems like such a Sakurai thing. Many of us were thinking K. Rool was a lock, and now they "deconfirm him", two days before an update and potentially a direct. lol NO.

K. Rool is almost definetly the frontrunner of 1st party newcomers, so it would in a sense be a good marketing move to release a costume of him before he's announced. Let's be real, would anyone buy that costume after he's released? Yes, but it wouldn't sell as well as pre announcement.

Hopefully, some of that made sense. I'm really tired right now.

That and like we have ben saying way before.

Theres a 90% chance hes the most voted for newcomer in the ballot

This could be the same prank they did with meta knight,

Show the suit then show the real one a couple of days later.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm sorry guys, this is such a ridiculous tease. I'm really worried the ballot will be ultimately irrelevant, just like the Japanese ballots before the other games.
Thing is, those ballots -weren't- irrelevant. The top vote-getters consistently got in...Bowser, Sonic, Dedede, Mega Man, Mewtwo as DLC.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE STILL READING THE THREAD. DO YOU ENJOY OUR SUFFERING?

Possibly. People also know that if any updates happen regarding this DLC or a possible Direct Friday, this will be the fastest place to be informed. Everyone's watching 1.1.0 like a hawk. And I bet you that people are going to datamine the **** out of it to see if any golden eggs pop up again ala Royu.

Then again, how many people swore by the fact that FE Roy was impossible because there was already a character named Roy? Or we had to call him "Lord Roy" or "Roy Koopa". Nope, just two characters named Roy, no big deal. Mewtwo and his trophy? No big deal, just add a second one and keep the first. Ness having Lucas's special? No big deal, Lucas still retains PK Freeze but has no customs. Sakurai not taking characters from fighting games and specifically citing Ryu? He's here. Villager not having fighter potential? He's here.

There is literally nothing stopping them from selling K. Rool and K. Rool Mii Brawler outfit at the same time. It's just unlikely. Sakurai routinely plays pranks on his fans and breaks fan conventions and "rules". I don't see why he couldn't do the same now.

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
From what I've seen of Golden Sun, Isaac looks samey to Robin, and Shulk.
So you haven't played it?

Isaac has a ton of unique magic (psynergy), including push psynergy, plant growth psynergy, the ability to make people stop moving, etc.
On top of that, he can summon Djin that let him use a powerful move and charge an even more powerful move, while disabling the original move until the more powerful one is used.

I don't think he's samey. Robin has more typical elemental magic, while Shulk...just has a cool sword.

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Metaknight get a mii costume before he was officially revealed? Maybe it's the same with our King.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
If THIS is what we're getting, and not him as a full character - then that is the biggest smack in the face ever. Even Sakurai know how popular and wanted K. Rool is. Making him a Mii and NOT a character would be the worst decision ever.

That would be like removing Wario's classic Shoulder Bash attack (like they did) and instead give it to the Assist Trophy Waluigi.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So you haven't played it?

Isaac has a ton of unique magic (psynergy), including push psynergy, plant growth psynergy, the ability to make people stop moving, etc.
On top of that, he can summon Djin that let him use a powerful move and charge an even more powerful move, while disabling the original move until the more powerful one is used.

I don't think he's samey. Robin has more typical elemental magic, while Shulk...just has a cool sword.
No I haven't played it. But I've seen some youtube stuff. He definitely looks samey to Robin to me.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Didn't Metaknight get a mii costume before he was officially revealed? Maybe it's the same with our King.
When Meta Knight's costume was shown, it was an obvious tease.

This is literally just "We made a K. Rool costume. Go buy it on the 31st."

Kantrip

Kantplay
You guys are being ridiculous. If anything, this helps K. Rool's chances. It's so Sakurai to release this costume before unveiling K. Rool as a real newcomer. How does being a mii costume make him ineligible?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm thinking this was only done because of the ballot. There was literally no other reason to add him as a Mii costume. Hell, there still isn't.
Maybe it's being hopeful, or possibly delusional, but echoing what BKupa said earlier we might see a still image of K. Rool in Friday's "Direct" stating that he's a complex character that will take time to make, but here's a Mii Outfit to tide you over until then because we know you want the character super badly.

Or maybe they really think we would settle on a suit.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
You guys are being ridiculous. If anything, this helps K. Rool's chances. It's so Sakurai to release this costume before unveiling K. Rool as a real newcomer. How does being a mii costume make him ineligible?
I think it's more him being paired with Chrom, which creates a theme of "ballot favorites." That makes people feel that this set of Mii Costumes will be "consolation prizes"

Top Bottom