• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
I understand the feeling - I never bought a Wii U because of the atrocity that was the Mario Kart 8 roster, and I sank hundreds of hours into that series. You move on.
Oh, that really sucks... Mario Kart's 200cc made me appreciate the series more than ever, I think it's now one of the best Wii U games, in the top 3, definitely. Just pure fun.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Unlikely, as the ballot will still run for three months (also, I don't think that Chrom was very high on the ballot, his deconfirmation and having already 5 FE reps probably made his popularity decrease, he hasn't been high on the polls either).
It's likely that they are working on ballot characters right now. Sakurai implied it's mostly ballot from here on out, and I doubt they're sitting around waiting for the time period to end while doing nothing.

There are probably a few clear winners right now anyway.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
If the reason for this really was because it was meant to be a 'consolation prize' then it's a pretty piss poor one. "You wanted this character? Have a cosplaying Mii who doesn't look, sound, or play anything like he would as a playable character! Just as good, right?" Least you can make a decent facsimile of Chrom.

when he actually does get confirmed to be added on the roster.
You're gonna be waiting a long time.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You know what this is like?
This is like the MvC3 poll that Capcom had made and Mega Man was the most popular choice. However, Mega Man wasn't included as DLC. Capcom's reasoning?
"He wasn't popular enough."
Nintendo is just in denial that K. Rool has sky high popularity, star power, and great moveset potential.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
If the reason for this really was because it was meant to be a 'consolation prize' then it's a pretty piss poor one. "You wanted this character? Have a cosplaying Mii who doesn't look, sound, or play anything like he would as a playable character! Just as good, right?" Least you can make a decent facsimile of Chrom.
Yeah it's honestly pretty damn lame. I mean, at least they used his classic Rare design for the costume, but still. Do people even get excited over Mii costumes? Does anyone even PLAY as Miis on a regular basis?

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I didn't believe that the Inkling costume deconfirmed the Inklings, so I should also not believe that this deconfirms K. Rool...
Yet... I don't know what to believe anymore...

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
Before we dismiss K. Rool because the Mii costume isn't free, just bear in mind that we needed to pay for the Link costume too.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Yeah it's honestly pretty damn lame. I mean, at least they used his classic Rare design for the costume, but still. Do people even get excited over Mii costumes? Does anyone even PLAY as Miis on a regular basis?
I personally keep forgetting Miis are in the game, since you can't play as them online, and nobody I know uses them. Gotta wonder how much more they could do with the time they used on the nine million Mii costumes.

I think this clip is pretty appropriate for today:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Wow, if this is all, which I hope its not , I'm not sure what to think about Sakurai.

Also I'll say this, and if anyone gets mad or reports me that's fine, but if an anime looking character gets in over King K Rool I have lost faith in Sakurai's decision making.

But hey buck up we can have more pokemon right? bloody pathetic

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Before we dismiss K. Rool because the Mii costume isn't free, just bear in mind that we needed to pay for the Link costume too.
That's correct, but Link was already part of the base game. I find it strange that they'd sell both K. Rool and a K. Rool costume. That makes very little sense.

Edit: God, I think a good bit of apprehension from others and definitely myself is we're starting to sound exactly like the Ridley fanbase. That was not a fun time to be part of that group so it's basically those hard feelings all over again.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

You're gonna be waiting a long time.
As long as it pays off in the end then it'll be worth it.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Sorry guys, I do think the message was pretty clear here.
"We hear you, but we aren't implementing it for whatever reason. Here's a consolation prize."
Isabelle,Inkling Chrom, Rool...all popular characters,three of which were top votes and one who was popular but not really considered for Smash. Since Inklings got a costume around launch, they may be reconsidered, maybe the idea was "wait and see and give this in the meantime" but...I think the message is pretty clear in this case.
So... Inklings still have a chance, but K. Rool doesn't? Hah, nice bias.

Over half a year after launch is "around launch"?

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
Wow, if this is all, which I hope its not , I'm not sure what to think about Sakurai.

Also I'll say this, and if anyone gets mad or reports me that's fine, but if an anime looking character gets in over King K Rool I have lost faith in Sakurai's decision making.
I agree completely. Or another sword fighter.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
We were speculating K Rool's to be free.
I'm aware of that but already knew it wouldn't be. Yes, yes, it could have been bundled with a playable K. Rool...I don't think they'd do that though. If anything was, a new stage and music would be.

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
That's correct, but Link was already part of the base game. I find it strange that they'd sell both K. Rool and a K. Rool costume. That makes very little sense.
Maybe they'd know how popular K. Rool is, so we get the character and the costume.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that makes me somewhat optimistic is how detailed his costume is. It almost looks like they ripped it off of an actual model or something.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Let's be honest, guys: This does not outright dekonfirm him. This is the same situation as with Meta Knight; Costume first, and character second. Like Meta Knight, I do imagine the King demolishing this Mii to signify his appearance. Unless Sakurai states that he is deconfirmed, he still has a chance. Who knows? Maybe we'll see him on Friday? (I hope).

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Well, this made my heart skip.
It wouldn't surprise me if Sakurai tries to push this as K. Rool's debut in Smash. I don't want to jump to conclusion, but damn it, I've been on the money with all I've expected from this game. This would just be confirming it.

If K. Rool IS deconfirmed, I'm selling my copy of Smash For and ridding myself of all the DLC. But until then, let's see where this goes.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think the hypothetical idea is that "K. Rool won't be ready for a long time because he's a complex newcomer with alt. costumes and new moves. To tide you over for these months, please enjoy this costume."

...So, I guess this means we're out of the race again, right? :(

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
So... Inklings still have a chance, but K. Rool doesn't? Hah, nice bias.

Over half a year after launch is "around launch"?
Inkling costumes launched June 15th, and were a pre-order bonus.
Splatoon was released May 29th. That's a less than a month, not even close to half a year.

I'm just saying...Inklings aren't exactly made more likely for the cosutme, but Link is a costume too. It hurts them, but doesn't kill their chances 100%.
A costume doesn't kill Rools chances, but when he's paired with Chrom, we get a clear theme of "ballot runner ups", and that hurts him.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I think the hypothetical idea is that "K. Rool won't be ready for a long time because he's a complex newcomer with alt. costumes and new moves. To tide you over for these months, please enjoy this costume."
*Puts on tinfoil hat*
I'll bite.
Please Sakurai...

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

The only possible way I can see this working out is if we do have some sort of video that would convey that message. If we get no Direct or New Content video then I'm not so sure about that.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
I'm absolutely speechless right now.. I wake up to see...this.. On one hand, I could easily see this as a fake out and K. Rool actually gets in..but I've been disappointed by Sakurai and Nintendo so many times in the past (especially in regards to Smash), part of me is saying its all over...

No damn it.. Its not over.. We've poured our hearts and souls into this character and this series for years.. Kutthroats we are NOT going to allow a damn clothing article to prevent us from having our finest hour! If this isn't a bait and switch of some kind this is a kick directly to the balls.. But we have been known for one thing Kutthroats, when the times get tough..we NEVER give up.. I remember when the ESRB leak happened and we had people hopping overboard left and right, and look at us now.. We are the closest we have ever been to achieving our goal! Do not give up until the bitter end Kutthroats. We are NOT going down without a fight..

Pakky

Smash Hero
I agree completely. Or another sword fighter.
Leaks section: "You're mean they're all different swordsman can be unique #freeNIghtmare

Me: YOU HAVE BLOODY MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF THE SAME SWORDSMAN YOU NINNY!

Them: Nightmare has a unique sword, no one in the game has a big sword

Me::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends:

Top Bottom