• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The only possible way I can see this working out is if we do have some sort of video that would convey that message. If we get no Direct or New Content video then I'm not so sure about that.
Well, that's just the thing...I don't expect them to dump all this stuff into the game and advertise it through...Facebook and a Japanese Twitter. I'm expecting a Direct, Smash or general Nintendo, to be announced, probably within a few hours.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Pictured above: Sakurai and the K. Rool/Chrom fanbase. Holy crap... It's funny just because I can only imagine how rage inducing this is for so many people. The upside is the Smash Ballot doesn't officially end until October so it's unlikely they're going to put any characters determined by that out until October at the earliest. In short, K. Rool still has time.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I first discovered this costume through a link in the Reddit thread informing about the 1.1.0 update telling something like "OMG K. ROOL IS CONFIRMED" and I saw his head... then I scrolled down and I saw this Mii face. I guess this pic pretty much sums up my immediate reaction:

Inspired from this: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140911211647/ssb/images/3/37/Dr_Mario_not_Mewtwo.jpg

Besides, what really upsets me about this is that King K. Rool is pretty much put as the same level as obvious no-hopers like Chrom, Isabelle, Heihachi, Zero, etc. and that's what really sucks. Not to mention the Brawler's playstyle is pretty much the opposite of what I would expect from K. Rool's: Mii Brawler always use his/her brute strength for close combat while K. Rool detests fighting at melee range and much prefers charging at high speed or using deadly weapons. (At least Brawler kind of has a cannonball move, I'll give him/her that...)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Inkling costumes launched June 15th, and were a pre-order bonus.
Splatoon was released May 29th. That's a less than a month, not even close to half a year.

I'm just saying...Inklings aren't exactly made more likely for the cosutme, but Link is a costume too. It hurts them, but doesn't kill their chances 100%.
A costume doesn't kill Rools chances, but when he's paired with Chrom, we get a clear theme of "ballot runner ups", and that hurts him.
The problem with K. Rool is its out of the blue. Other than VC releases, Nintendo hasn't said a word about K. Rool since 2008. We've heard nothing, jack crap, with no signs of him coming in the near future either. Chrom has numerous stuff in the game already, and all the other Mii costumes have a REASON for being in the game; Virtua Fighter and Tekken are to get representation of various big time fighting games, X, MEGAMAN.EXE and Protoman for additional Mega Man representation, Majora's Mask and perhaps even Link for Majora's Mask 3D, Inklings to promote Splatoon.

There is ZERO reason or logic for K. Rool. It just came literally out of nowhere.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Well, that's just the thing...I don't expect them to dump all this stuff into the game and advertise it through...Facebook and a Japanese Twitter. I'm expecting a Direct, Smash or general Nintendo, to be announced, probably within a few hours.
Splatoon recently announced a lot of stuff, Smash just did, and Mario Maker got a few details.
In light of Iwata's death, I think that these "information blowouts" ARE our Directs. Of course, I could be completely wrong and these are just the icing on a nice cake.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I...I hope you're right. They've had Directs be announced like a day before, so it wouldn't surprise me sometime today it pops up, if not today than tomorrow.

I'm sticking with it until the bitter end.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I doubt Kaptain K. Rool is out for the count. But, just for fun, I've 'written' a poem. I may transcribe the rest latter.

An Elegy to K. Rool.

"O Kaptain, My Kaptain! Our fearful wait is done.
The support has weathered every rack, the game we sought is won!
The launch is near, the bells I hear, the kremlings are exalting.
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the shining skin of green!
Where in the shop my Kaptain lies,
A costume for a Mii."

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, wake up and find the K.Rool thread grew 11 pages, only to find this...

I don't think anything is a full deconfirmation until Sakurai gets up and says "No more," but this definitely isn't good news. I guess I should have seen it coming, though. SSB4 has pretty much laughed in the face of anything I thought was a good idea.

I'm not giving up. I'm going to stay here supporting Ridley and K.Rool until SSB5 comes out, and they finally get what they deserve.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Inkling costumes launched June 15th, and were a pre-order bonus.
Splatoon was released May 29th. That's a less than a month, not even close to half a year.

I'm just saying...Inklings aren't exactly made more likely for the cosutme, but Link is a costume too. It hurts them, but doesn't kill their chances 100%.
No, but the addition of a random Inkling trophy as DLC does.

And before anyone says "durrrrr lucas and mewtwo got trophies too!", they weren't randomly thrown into a DLC update. They were in the base game, before the DLC was planned (allegedly, according to Sakurai). We got an Inkling trophy after DLC plans begun.

Common sense should tell anyone that if there was any plans to make Inkling a DLC newcomer, they wouldn't have sent a trophy out like that. They'd save it for the actual DLC.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
What would you all think of this K. Rool outfit if another big time ballot name comes out...like an Isaac Swordfighter outfit?

And by god no I'm not wanting Isaac to join in Rool's misery here, at least one huge fanbase needs its character in Smash, but if Isaac comes out as just a costume as well, what does that make you think of the ballot?

Pakky

Smash Hero
So what now? Is everything that's not an anime swordsman gonna be a costume? Oh wait no, we can have more Pokemon, I almost forgot.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So... I just woke up this morning. And.... am Kind of very upset.... BUT, there is still plenty of chance k. rool will be launched as a character WITH this.... ..... .... ... COSTUME.... right? Like there has to be T_T

Pakky

Smash Hero
What would you all think of this K. Rool outfit if another big time ballot name comes out...like an Isaac Swordfighter outfit?

And by god no I'm not wanting Isaac to join in Rool's misery here, at least one huge fanbase needs its character in Smash, but if Isaac comes out as just a costume as well, what does that make you think of the ballot?
No, see Isaac is a husbando, he'll get in.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
So what now? Is everything that's not an anime swordsman gonna be a costume? Oh wait no, we can have more Pokemon, I almost forgot.
There's no need for this. King K Rool getting a Mii Costume isn't open season to bash other franchises/characters.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Maybe we will get K.ROOL in a MII DISGUISE ?
WE know that our king like that.

:(

Last edited:

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91

If that happens everyone will leave smash.

Pakky

Smash Hero
There's no need for this. King K Rool getting a Mii Costume isn't open season to bash other franchises/characters.
Please don't try to defuse me. I'm not attacking anyone, I'm just saying, what seems to Sakurai's state of thinking.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

Honestly?
The Ballot was just a way to give the fans a way to communicate when in reality, Sakurai doesn't care about our wants and decided on the DLC.
It's nothing more than a scam.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Welp, here's hoping we get a direct and possibly another character reveal.

BlueSmasher73

Smash Rookie
Wakes up to the thread increasing a good number of pages. Sees K. Rool costume
Well then I'm changing my To Kaptain K. Rool. Sorry I'm not phased by this in the slightest, it's not over for me until October comes and K. Rool is either playable or not playable. Is everyone going to give up this easily after so many years of banding together for this cause.? This should make you want to make your support stronger than ever. Keep supporting and don't falter. If we all lose hope then K. Rool will really not have a shot.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
If that happens everyone will leave smash.
I'm legitimately worried about Isaac at this point. At first I didn't consider the idea of Isaac being a Mii Costume because that would just be a **** move and be preposterous (....:( ), but now that Rool's one, well, he seems like perfect fodder for a Swordfighter skin, even though we have Chrom already.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Please don't try to defuse me. I'm not attacking anyone, I'm just saying, what seems to Sakurai's state of thinking.
Well, you've bashed Isaac, Dixie and Pokemon so far. Why? I understand disappointment given K Rool is the only character I care about for DLC but his possible deconfirmation doesn't strike me as a reason to bring any other character into it.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Might as well throw Wolf under the costume bus too.

Well, you've bashed Isaac, Dixie and Pokemon so far. Why? I understand disappointment given K Rool is the only character I care about for DLC but his possible deconfirmation doesn't strike me as a reason to bring any other character into it.
Okay I'm not continuing this with you, I said what I did.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
65 user and 65 guest. Well that's a good number.:4shulk: (Plz Sakurai i don't want the Ridley Cycle again please :( )

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Honestly if Isaac or any other samey character is DLC then I'll probably move on to other games. I've had a good amount of fun from Smash so far but it's starting to majorly piss me off now.

I'm not laying down £20+ for another character that's so similar to about 6 other characters we already got in this game.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Honestly?
The Ballot was just a way to give the fans a way to communicate when in reality, Sakurai doesn't care about our wants and decided on the DLC.
It's nothing more than a scam.
They never said it was the deciding factor. It probably just contributed. Maybe he looked at the Top 10 and chose 2 he thought would be the most interesting. Or maybe he already had a list and wanted to include the most popular from that list.

If Isaac, Wolf, and Rayman are next, it's probably something like that.
If it's...I dunno, Dunsparce, Baby Mario, and Anri as a Marth clone, we can probably get mad though.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
This means at least we're getting him with his Rare design when he be announced as DLC, right?. :T

Pakky

Smash Hero
Honestly if Isaac or any other samey character is DLC then I'll probably move on to other games. I've had a good amount of fun from Smash so far but it's starting to majorly piss me off now.

I'm not laying down £20+ for another character that's so similar to about 6 other characters we already got in this game.
Oh no you can't say that, you're bashing other fanbases. Please don't state you opinion on what seems to be the case. *sarcasm.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
65 user and 65 guest. Well that's a good number.:4shulk: (Plz Sakurai i don't want the Ridley Cycle again please :( )
That's why I just hate this whole situation right now, it's basically Ridley all over again, and for a lot of us it's our second time on this roller coaster because there's huge overlap between Rool and Ridley fans. Hell, even -I- sound delusional to myself which is what the entire Ridley fanbase has been pegged as: delusional. And unless Sakurai pulls a fast one on us and confirms K. Rool we will endure the same poop slinging and dehumanizing the Ridley fans have endured already.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Ugh, this just....

Like, who else could they possibly add from the Ballot? Who else is as voted for as King K. Rool that isn't impossible? Nobody, becuase WE WERE BEATING ******* EVERYBODY. I just... How could Sakurai, or the DLC development team in genereal, just look at that, heck look at ALL we did, and say, "Yeah, I could see that as a Mii Costume. Do that."

This... This is just a straight up middle finger right here. This is a sign that the Ballot didn't matter unless it was convenient to them.

I swear, I'm half expecting the only new characters to be the Smash team, all wearing shirts that say "**** ALL OF YOU".

(Although, I'd still prefer that over Dixie, TBH)

Top Bottom