• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bananija

Count of Trickery
One one hand, Darkrai isolated itself as it couldn't control it's nightmares. On the other hand, it's strongly hinted that Darkrai killed a little girl in BW2
So he is more of an anti-villain : a villain that doesn't have the usual characteristics and motivations of a traditionnal villain (like Elsa)

StormC

Smash Hero
You probably shouldn't waste your time on this guy. Who did he vote for?
I should've asked. I dropped the conversation when it became clear he just hated K. Rool for whatever reason and wasn't open to having his mind changed.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I should've asked. I dropped the conversation when it became clear he just hated K. Rool for whatever reason and wasn't open to having his mind changed.
Probably voted for Waluigi and he probably didn't find anything wrong with him. I see that people are quick to judge characters that they don't like or want in the ballot but hardly look at their own character's flaws/problems.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Probably voted for Waluigi and he probably didn't find anything wrong with him. I see that people are quick to judge characters that they don't like or want in the ballot but hardly look at their own character's flaws/problems.
Hey now, no hating on Waluigi.

And that's rather universal. Why on earth would you want to notice your favourite character's flaws?

:231:

StormC

Smash Hero
Y'know, there's another certain purple character whose fans deny the problems of... :beezo:

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
Im gonna share somthin with you guys. There's a reason I want our King back. I wanted him in the game since Melee...heck I was surprised he didn't even make it as an assist trophy...I mean there aren't many characters I like...
The following is PERSONAL opinion^^'
It's just of my perspective :3

Roy - Every time I heard "Roy is our boy" after he got released I smashed my head against the wall...I mean Im happy for the ones who wanted him but...I just didn't want another swordfighter...or another "clone"

Ryu - I actually don't know if I like him...

Lucas - I care ZERO for him

Mewtwo - It's not that I don't like Mewtwo...I just didn't really care for him that much but hey, its allright, makes sence.

Mario - It's obvious why he's there but I played so many times as the "hero" in his games..that I never feel like playing as him

Donkey Kong - Well I like him, he reminds me of my dad xD

Link - A lot of people are going to hate me but...I played 3 Zelda games and I liked NONE of them...so I am not into Link

Samus - Well I like the character...I just can't handle her moves if you know what I'm sayin

Yoshi - My brothers girlfriend is all like "Aww he so cute" and Im like "STOP EATIN AND POOPIN MA BOY ALL THE TIME!" but it's obvious why hes there.

Kirby - I guess I like him, I enjoyed the anime series

Fox - Hes cool n all but I rarely use him

Pikachu - It's so obvious why this lil rat is there...still annoying to me. I never liked that pokemon since I played yellow when I was a lil brat xD

Luigi - Marios way more awesome brother? Of course I like him

Captain Falcon - Never heard of him outside of Smash. I only like him since his voice cracks me up

Peach - ...I hate her...

Bowser - He's awesome!

Zelda - Care as much for her as for Link...so not that much

Sheik - Same as for Zelda and Link

Marth - These anime like characters...don't get me wrong I like anime but it just always looked odd to me havin these type of characters in there.

Metaknight - "Look at my sword, now back to me. Where's ma sword? Its stuck between your sac." ..I dunno if I like that guy

Pit: Please...I hate your voice

Zero Suit Samus - Like in Brawl...I can't understand why we have the same character just without armor...guess people like her "suit" ;D

Ike - Oh, it's the buff anime dude from the game I never heard of

Charizard - Way better choice than the Trainer in my opinion

Diddy Kong - It's obvious why he's there...but da Hoo-Haa's are gone breh

King Dedede - Well...same as Kirby..I liked that fat penguin in the anime series...he has mr. krabs voice in our version xD

Olimar - never really understood...how...he works...I..I just dont know

Lucario - Don't get his popularity..don't like that thing at all

Toon Link - ...*** off

Villager - Was Sakurai drunk? Sorry but how did he see fighter potential in ...the villager..cmon he looks so....boring

Wii Fit Trainer - It's weird that I like her...actually think she was a poor decision..but her moves are so goofy lookin..it just cracks me up all the time

Rosalina - Nintendo...pls stop with the rosalina hype...I just don't like her...dunno why

Little Mac - Oh the nostalgia...man this guy would get all the chicks in real life Oo

Greninja - WHY?! I would rather choose Gastly over that thing...Gengar would have been more awesome >3>

Palutena - I kinda saw it comin'...still don't like her

Robin - ...Oh another ...wait is "it" canonly a male or a female?

Lucina - The f*? Another clone? And a sworduser on that again?

Shulk - Who the f* are you?!

Sonic - Wasn't a surprise

Mega Man - Well...he's alright I guess

Pac-Man - Definetly didn't see that one comin' and man this design is SO much better than the one from his "new" games

Mii-Fighters - Makes sence to me

Ness - Well...dont like this kid

Falco - A way to make Fox way more awesome? Make a bird version

Wario - I love that guy, my older brother uses him all the time xD

Dr. Mario - Damnit Sakurai!

Dark Pit - W...why are you even a thing? Worst case of slotwaste..can't you just swap placed with Waluigi...? please?

Ganondoop - I just love him and his facial expressions xD (Only character of the zelda series which I actually like)

ROB - I'm still confused...but he's alright

Bowser Jr - HE was the only one on the directs which I was happy about to see!

Mr gay and watch - Hes sexy

**** hunt dog - Y R U here? Well..nostalgia I guess

Jigglypuff - EVERY GAME?! How are you ALWAYS THERE?! (Sorry but I really hate this thing the most)

Characters I actually want to see:

King K Rool!
Waluigi!
Wolf!
Gengar!
Kludge!
Mr. Sandman!
Ridley!(The thing with him being to big actually makes sence...he would just look weird to me)

Characters that the people want:

Shovel Knight - Hes okay I guess
Shantae - I dont want her at all...
Isaac - Like...the one from Dead Space?...
Paper Mario - .....
Captain Toad - ..i don't like Toad..Im sorry

Characters that confused people and trolls vote for:

Goku - Anime character!
Shrek - For real?
Yoshimitsu - What?
(There are a LOT more)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think the rest of what you said was far, but this I disagree with. People only started accepting relevancy as a legit argument once we got confirmation from Sakurai himself that relevancy matters. Before that people here were throwing the term 'muhrelevancy' as an insult to people who thought relevancy was legit argument. It just stopped being used because Sakurai confirmed that they were partially correct.
Relevancy =/= recency, If anything, relevancy is synonymous to importance. I'd liked to note this is a pet peeve of mine because it implies King K. Rool isn't important to the DK franchise (which I know you weren't trying to say) when the issue is another matter altogether; his lack of recent appearances.

That said, I consider recency to be the worst thing to have ever influenced the roster bar none. It implies that characters without recent appearances (that ironically whom's last appearances also aren't old as dirt) aren't "worthy" of a spot and have to get new appearances to change that. Donkey Kong got shafted badly partially due to this and it is also because of this why we have to pay to get Lucas back on the roster (which to be honest, we really shouldn't have to do... should have saved an unique newcomer for that instead). It's going to be lame if we're forced to wait until the next Smash game to play as King K. Rool for just this one reason.

I can't see anything good coming out of using recency to add characters. I feel as anyone that we did get due to recent appearances would have showed up anyway so as far as I'm concerned, it only serves as a block for less recent characters to get in. Likely their only outlet of ever getting in at this point is as DLC and even then I'm not sure that option is even open for newcomers. And while it may be fine now, keep in mind that this game added some of the most recognizable franchises Nintendo has. Our pool for next game is going to be a lot smaller and the characters considerably more obscure. Who's left? Probably just the Inklings, Ice Climbers, and maybe King K. Rool, and that assumes DLC doesn't take up one or two of them (Ice Climbers won't be DLC for obvious reasons). Anyone else?
- Ridley, Toad, and Dixie Kong probably won't get in if Sakurai or a person with a similar mentality has significant influence on who gets in.
- Isaac and Snake will never be added if they fail to show up as ballot characters.
- We have basically NO third-party newcomers left to add. Bomberman is dead and won't get the fan support needed to get added, Slime will likely never get considered, and everyone else is not important enough to be added.
- Cuts are probably going to be more severe next game than Brawl and Smash Wii U. The roster is likely going to be of similar numbers to how many DLC characters we get if not lower (assuming a massive overhaul) and even if it does expand, I can't see it going above sixty-five characters. And DLC is only going to be able to bring back so much.

If the only options for next game are characters with recent appearances and characters whom's last appearances is from the early-mid NES era (1983-1986), that leaves us with relatively little choices and a roster that likely won't go beyond twelve additions (additions, not newcomers). I'm seriously hoping that the next game doesn't damn anyone who isn't between mid-NES era and since 2014 but I am not getting my hopes up. At the very least, I expect the game to sell worse than Melee if not Smash 64 mostly due to a diminishing returns on characters in general.

Let's be honest, the only reason why we have any shreds of hope is because the ballot exist (granted a large one). Otherwise K. Rool wouldn't stand a chance.

TL;DR - **** recency. I don't care if Sakurai uses it as a way to determine to determine character, it should burn in the darkest pits of hell where it belongs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that some day Nintendo gives us an explanation of what happened to K. Rool's tail...

Yes, I'm gulity of that as welll.
I should accept Nabbit isn't a Mario All-Star yet. :4larry:
Wrong character, he was obviously referring to Mailtoad. :troll:

Gengar!
I have made a Gengar support thread, if you want to check it out: http://smashboards.com/threads/geng...emon-with-a-ghost-of-a-chance-for-dlc.409061/

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I hope that some day Nintendo gives us an explanation of what happened to K. Rool's tail...

Wrong character, he was obviously referring to Mailtoad. :troll:

I have made a Gengar support thread, if you want to check it out: http://smashboards.com/threads/geng...emon-with-a-ghost-of-a-chance-for-dlc.409061/
But he'll be a Nintendo All-Star in no time when he is the villain of The Legend of Zelda: Totem Pole X Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker along with Purple Link.

That'll learn the Links and the Toad Brigade to discriminate purples like that.

StormC

Smash Hero
I actually really like Nabbit and hope he keeps showing up. It feels like the Mario cast keeps growing in recent years with guys like Rosalina, Captain Toad, and Nabbit which is great.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I actually really like Nabbit and hope he keeps showing up. It feels like the Mario cast keeps growing in recent years with guys like Rosalina, Captain Toad, and Nabbit which is great.
I have a master plan:

We vote for Nabbit so he gets in Smash 4, then Nintendo will shove Nabbit down our throats like they did with the Space Dolphin and her Powerhouse Pillow.

There's no downsides to this.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Why on earth would you want to notice your favourite character's flaws?
It's good to have a realistic standpoint and understanding of the character.
For the longest time I doubted that Lucas would return, since he did have a fair few things that weren't in his favor. It doesn't matter how much I love the character or the game he came from, it doesn't change the cold, hard facts.
I'm very glad I was allowed to be wrong.

And I hope detractors of K. Rool will be wrong eventually, I'd love to fight that fellow as Dedede.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's good to have a realistic standpoint and understanding of the character.
For the longest time I doubted that Lucas would return, since he did have a fair few things that weren't in his favor. It doesn't matter how much I love the character or the game he came from, it doesn't change the cold, hard facts.
I'm very glad I was allowed to be wrong.
I meant that you can't fault someone too much for that. It's rather normal.

Of course, recognising the flaws in your character is always helpful.

:231:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm curious about something:

How many of you would be totally content with Smash if K. Rool was added? I know @ StormC StormC said he'd never need to get emotionally invested in speculation again, so I'm curious as to how much of a relief it'd be for the rest of all y'all if K. Rool made the cut this time.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

How many of you would be totally content with Smash if K. Rool was added? I know @ StormC StormC said he'd never need to get emotionally invested in speculation again, so I'm curious as to how much of a relief it'd be for the rest of all y'all if K. Rool made the cut this time.
I still have tons of wanted characters after K. Rool.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

I made my account on this site just so I could advocate for K. Rool. I've spent years being heavily involved in the Smash speculation scene, and K. Rool is the last character I truly care about. Once he gets in, I will finally have closure; I will finally be able to move on with my life. The competitive scene has lost its luster, and quite frankly, I'm getting too old. This is it for me.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

+ Ridley, then I'm perfectly happy.
...and maybe Wolf...and Squirtle...

But seriously, I'm really hoping for only 5 characters total - K.Rool, Ridley, Wolf, Squirtle, and a fixed Ganondorf. If I only got 2 of those, I'd be perfectly happy. 3, I'll be dancing in the aisles.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I'd be more than satisfied with the DLC roster.
Mewtwo was hype.
Ryu was hype.
Lucas was alright.
Roy is Roy.
K Rool would be Hamazing!

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
K Rool is the main one I'm rooting for with respect to Smash 4. Ice Climbers and perhaps Sylux will get my support when Smash 5 rolls around if I'm not too old by then.

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool: The last new character I truly want to be in Smash with all of my heart. His return to Smash would guarantee his return to Donkey Kong and any more DK characters are a bonus after that. I've wanted him in since Diddy got revealed (my most wanted character for Brawl, natch) and his absences have only made the heart grow fonder. Having him be added despite everything would be incredibly validating.
Wolf: There's absolutely no good reason for him to not return at this point. He's a relevant character from an underrepresented series and a veteran. He was my Brawl main and I'll be baffled if he doesn't return - but if not, at least he'll always have Brawl.
Snake: Metal Gear is probably dead and Konami has made it way more difficult than it should be for him to return. He's my favorite video game character, but... he can keep Wolf company in Brawl, if nothing else.
Ridley: If he makes it, great, if not, I've moved on and don't expect him or feel like I need him.
Dixie Kong: A crime that one of Nintendo's most iconic female protagonists has not been in a game that specifically added more female fighters, but her exclusion isn't a dealbreaker for me and I am sure if she doesn't get into Smash 4 she'll be in the next game.
Bandana Dee: The fourth Kirby protagonist, but lacks the legacy of the big three. Like Dixie, I'm sure he'll get in at some point.
Samurai Goroh: Call me when F-Zero comes back from the dead.
Anything else: A bonus.

Of course, this is all subject to change if Nintendo releases some games that make me totally fall in love with some characters as potential Smash fighters... but I'm in my mid 20s. Like @ toadster101 toadster101 , I'm just too damn old for this. So if K. Rool gets in, I can kick back and just watch all the other new characters come in without judgment.

Last edited:

BlueSmasher73

Smash Rookie
If K Rool got in, I don't think there would be anyone else I would be overly invested in. I am also getting too old for waiting on a new Smash so this may possibly be the last Smash game for me to get my most wanted character in.

I only need Wolf and Bandana Dee alongside K. Rool and then I would be totally content. Although I would be happy if even one of them gets in, which seems very likely.

StormC

Smash Hero
And yeah, DLC has been a huge boon for the roster and game in general. The final roster was good, but not great, for me. But just between the four characters we have as DLC, the game has suddenly felt so much bigger, and the fact that we're getting more is mindboggling to me. It's definitely my favorite Smash game at this point, so K. Rool and Wolf in addition to everything else would probably make me run into the streets screaming my head off.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think the rest of what you said was far, but this I disagree with. People only started accepting relevancy as a legit argument once we got confirmation from Sakurai himself that relevancy matters. Before that people here were throwing the term 'muhrelevancy' as an insult to people who thought relevancy was legit argument. It just stopped being used because Sakurai confirmed that they were partially correct.
It's true, but it wasn't clear at that point whether Sakurai viewed K. Rool's lack of appearances as legitimate cause for exclusion. It's sort of like with Ridley, where now I'm just sort of like "Yeah alright, Sakurai said he couldn't get it to work, so that's that."

You don't see me ****ting on Sakurai's opinion of Ridley, whereas before we knew it actually mattered to him, I was a big critic of that argument.

It's "sort of" like that. It's natural to argue against criticism of something you like, valid or not.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226

I care about two characters: Shantae and K. Rool. If K. Rool got into Smash, that would make my day... but if both Shantae and K. Rool happened to make it, that would make my week.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I would be content with King K. Rool as DLC since any character I want in Smash, including K. Rool, is icing on the cake. I am generally happy with Smash for Wii U/3DS. There's the next Super Smash Bros. if it does continue, with or without Masahiro Sakurai. As long as Nintendo doesn't sour Smash (making Smash celebrate all media as a focus rather than both Nintendo and Nintendo-related video games and history,) I am fine with it.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
All I need is Wolf and K. Rool. I'd be satisfied with either of them but getting both would be the best case scenario.

On that note, K. Rool is the only remaining newcomer that I want. If he makes it in, any other newcomers they add for this game and in the future will just be a bonus.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Probably voted for Goku and he probably didn't find anything wrong with him. I see that people are quick to judge characters that they don't like or want in the ballot but hardly look at their own character's flaws/problems.
Fixed.

K. Rool is the only character/villain I really want in Smash, even more than Ridley, I'd be content if he just got in over anyone else, not saying that there are'nt other characters I would love to play as too.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Im gonna share somthin with you guys. There's a reason I want our King back. I wanted him in the game since Melee...heck I was surprised he didn't even make it as an assist trophy...I mean there aren't many characters I like...
The following is PERSONAL opinion^^'
It's just of my perspective :3

Roy - Every time I heard "Roy is our boy" after he got released I smashed my head against the wall...I mean Im happy for the ones who wanted him but...I just didn't want another swordfighter...or another "clone"

Ryu - I actually don't know if I like him...

Lucas - I care ZERO for him

Mewtwo - It's not that I don't like Mewtwo...I just didn't really care for him that much but hey, its allright, makes sence.

Mario - It's obvious why he's there but I played so many times as the "hero" in his games..that I never feel like playing as him

Donkey Kong - Well I like him, he reminds me of my dad xD

Link - A lot of people are going to hate me but...I played 3 Zelda games and I liked NONE of them...so I am not into Link

Samus - Well I like the character...I just can't handle her moves if you know what I'm sayin

Yoshi - My brothers girlfriend is all like "Aww he so cute" and Im like "STOP EATIN AND POOPIN MA BOY ALL THE TIME!" but it's obvious why hes there.

Kirby - I guess I like him, I enjoyed the anime series

Fox - Hes cool n all but I rarely use him

Pikachu - It's so obvious why this lil rat is there...still annoying to me. I never liked that pokemon since I played yellow when I was a lil brat xD

Luigi - Marios way more awesome brother? Of course I like him

Captain Falcon - Never heard of him outside of Smash. I only like him since his voice cracks me up

Peach - ...I hate her...

Bowser - He's awesome!

Zelda - Care as much for her as for Link...so not that much

Sheik - Same as for Zelda and Link

Marth - These anime like characters...don't get me wrong I like anime but it just always looked odd to me havin these type of characters in there.

Metaknight - "Look at my sword, now back to me. Where's ma sword? Its stuck between your sac." ..I dunno if I like that guy

Pit: Please...I hate your voice

Zero Suit Samus - Like in Brawl...I can't understand why we have the same character just without armor...guess people like her "suit" ;D

Ike - Oh, it's the buff anime dude from the game I never heard of

Charizard - Way better choice than the Trainer in my opinion

Diddy Kong - It's obvious why he's there...but da Hoo-Haa's are gone breh

King Dedede - Well...same as Kirby..I liked that fat penguin in the anime series...he has mr. krabs voice in our version xD

Olimar - never really understood...how...he works...I..I just dont know

Lucario - Don't get his popularity..don't like that thing at all

Toon Link - ...*** off

Villager - Was Sakurai drunk? Sorry but how did he see fighter potential in ...the villager..cmon he looks so....boring

Wii Fit Trainer - It's weird that I like her...actually think she was a poor decision..but her moves are so goofy lookin..it just cracks me up all the time

Rosalina - Nintendo...pls stop with the rosalina hype...I just don't like her...dunno why

Little Mac - Oh the nostalgia...man this guy would get all the chicks in real life Oo

Greninja - WHY?! I would rather choose Gastly over that thing...Gengar would have been more awesome >3>

Palutena - I kinda saw it comin'...still don't like her

Robin - ...Oh another ...wait is "it" canonly a male or a female?

Lucina - The f*? Another clone? And a sworduser on that again?

Shulk - Who the f* are you?!

Sonic - Wasn't a surprise

Mega Man - Well...he's alright I guess

Pac-Man - Definetly didn't see that one comin' and man this design is SO much better than the one from his "new" games

Mii-Fighters - Makes sence to me

Ness - Well...dont like this kid

Falco - A way to make Fox way more awesome? Make a bird version

Wario - I love that guy, my older brother uses him all the time xD

Dr. Mario - Damnit Sakurai!

Dark Pit - W...why are you even a thing? Worst case of slotwaste..can't you just swap placed with Waluigi...? please?

Ganondoop - I just love him and his facial expressions xD (Only character of the zelda series which I actually like)

ROB - I'm still confused...but he's alright

Bowser Jr - HE was the only one on the directs which I was happy about to see!

Mr gay and watch - Hes sexy

**** hunt dog - Y R U here? Well..nostalgia I guess

Jigglypuff - EVERY GAME?! How are you ALWAYS THERE?! (Sorry but I really hate this thing the most)

King K Rool!
Waluigi!
Wolf!
Gengar!
Kludge!
Mr. Sandman!
Ridley!(The thing with him being to big actually makes sence...he would just look weird to me)

Characters that the people want:

Shovel Knight - Hes okay I guess
Shantae - I dont want her at all...
Isaac - Like...the one from Dead Space?...
Paper Mario - .....
Captain Toad - ..i don't like Toad..Im sorry

Characters that confused people and trolls vote for:

Goku - Anime character!
Shrek - For real?
Yoshimitsu - What?
(There are a LOT more)
C'mon yo; Going down the list explaining why you pretty much dislike every character? I mean, that's fine and all, but I could provide perfectly valid criticisms for most of those. Especially all the "I don't even know who this character is, ugh." or "Clone what Sakurai pls". I just never saw that as a valid reason to dislike a character, especially when there's many perfectly valid reasons for them to be there.

Maybe it's just me, but the only character I'm lukewarm on is Jigglypuff; I honestly love the roster this time around.

Then again, maybe I just like it when people try to learn about things.

Pardon me, carry on.

StormC

Smash Hero
I've talked about it before, but :4rob: is the most lukewarm I've ever felt about a Smash character. I sometimes forget he's even in the game. How does he not have a stage after three games?

And although I grouped the rest of the potential new characters under "a bonus," I'd love to see what Sakurai would do with Isaac. I'm not a Golden Sun fan, but Isaac has the potential to be one of the coolest Smash characters in history. And like K. Rool, it'd be great to see his fans' grassroots movement fully validated by the big man.

Top Bottom