• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I'm curious about something:

How many of you would be totally content with Smash if K. Rool was added? I know @ StormC StormC said he'd never need to get emotionally invested in speculation again, so I'm curious as to how much of a relief it'd be for the rest of all y'all if K. Rool made the cut this time.
I would be incredibly happy! However, I wouldn't be as happy as if Ridley was alongside him. While I don't really expect him in this game after what Sakurai said, I'm totally expecting him for Smash 5, since that the number of all-stars or just newcommer will be short, so a iconic villain that should have been playable since Melee shouldn't be a problem. Plus it's know that between game Sakurai change opinion on character potential : after all, he said that Villager was impossible back in Brawl days.

Other than that, I would be happy of Waluigi, Isaac (that I know nothing about, but he seems quite popular and forgotten so I would like to see is fan happy), Wolf, Dixie, Bandana Dee and Nabbit when he will be important enough (one more main game and a few more spin-off according to the Rosalina case.)

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

How many of you would be totally content with Smash if K. Rool was added? I know @ StormC StormC said he'd never need to get emotionally invested in speculation again, so I'm curious as to how much of a relief it'd be for the rest of all y'all if K. Rool made the cut this time.
Honestly? I'd love to say it'd be over for me, and I probably would stop to a large degree. Though until I see Takamaru playable I probably won't stop caring about the roster at least. But K. Rool would bring the roster pretty close to perfect.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I've talked about it before, but :4rob: is the most lukewarm I've ever felt about a Smash character. I sometimes forget he's even in the game. How does he not have a stage after three games?

And although I grouped the rest of the potential new characters under "a bonus," I'd love to see what Sakurai would do with Isaac. I'm not a Golden Sun fan, but Isaac has the potential to be one of the coolest Smash characters in history. And like K. Rool, it'd be great to see his fans' grassroots movement fully validated by the big man.
ROB doesn't have a stage because he doesn't really have a franchise. There are about 3 games that use him and all were flops.

He's in because he was what allowed Nintendo to sell after the video game crash by marketing as a toy robot. He's probably better known for various cameos in e.g. MKDS and indeed Smash itself by this point.

Personally I'm a big fan of the guy in general, though don't have a particular reason why.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
K. Rool, Ridley, and Wolf is all the franchise needs now to cover who I really want. They are the last of the few that should have already been in Smash back in Melee, or at the least Brawl. It's absolutely ridiculous that the last few iconic Nintendo villains have yet to be added (and even worse, added and then cut).

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

I would. With Mewtwo returning and Mega Man added, he's all that's left for me. There are other characters I'd like to see (better Ganondorf, Dixie, Goroh, Simon Belmont etc.), but Smash Bros. has a big K. Rool shaped hole that needs filling. Or to use a different analogy, if Smash Bros. was a dinosaur museum, K. Rool is the Stegosaur. Something that has no right not being there.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I would. With Mewtwo returning and Mega Man added, he's all that's left for me. There are other characters I'd like to see (better Ganondorf, Dixie, Goroh, Simon Belmont etc.), but Smash Bros. has a big K. Rool shaped hole that needs filling. Or to use a different analogy, if Smash Bros. was a dinosaur museum, K. Rool is the Stegosaur. Something that has no right not being there.
You'd better change your avatar as promised if that happens~

Personally, I was totally satisfied with the roster when Palutena was revealed. If K. Rool is added, I'll feel content that years and years of bitter endurance will have paid off - it will be a day of celebration, for sure!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
It's true, but it wasn't clear at that point whether Sakurai viewed K. Rool's lack of appearances as legitimate cause for exclusion. It's sort of like with Ridley, where now I'm just sort of like "Yeah alright, Sakurai said he couldn't get it to work, so that's that."
I think a lack of recent appearance for K. Rool would most likely have made him a low priority character rather than being flat-out rejected for the game's planned roster, unless Sakurai was legitimately worried about people who discovered the DK platformers through Retros' games and never touched the ones from Rare being confused to see that the series' main antagonist wasn't in these games.

Personally I don't mind characters from recent games being heavily considered for the new Smash games, those who either didn't exist or weren't high-profile enough to be considered Smash caliber prior to their appearances in recent games. After all, part of the appeal of a new Smash game is to see the new 6-7 year period of Nintendo's history being represented in Smash and thus being legitimately recognized as part of Nintendo's history (I remember the complete lack of Mario Galaxy representation being one of my biggest disappointments about Brawl). That said, I think it shouldn't be at the cost of characters from previous eras of Nintendo's history who feel like they belong in Smash, and characters from "recent" games shouldn't be chosen with recency as the main factor. I had no problem with Shulk or Palutena, sure they're "recent" but their inclusion felt right regardless because they clearly had merits outside of just being recent, whereas I was confused when Greninja was revealed because it literally screamed MUH RELEVANCE RECENCY!!!!1!1!! As another example, I think that philosophy would prove itself to be particularly unhealthy if it meant Little Mac wouldn't have joined the roster in SSB4 if it wasn't for Punch-Out!! Wii, as I believe the series had been particularly influent on Nintendo as a whole regardless of this new game. Even though I suppose someone will tell me that it actually wouldn't prove anything due to Little Mac being "retro", ah.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
King K. Rool would satisfy me, but the series needs a Rhythm Heaven character to be complete in my eyes.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I would be incredibly happy! However, I wouldn't be as happy as if Ridley was alongside him. While I don't really expect him in this game after what Sakurai said, I'm totally expecting him for Smash 5, since that the number of all-stars or just newcommer will be short, so a iconic villain that should have been playable since Melee shouldn't be a problem. Plus it's know that between game Sakurai change opinion on character potential : after all, he said that Villager was impossible back in Brawl days.

Other than that, I would be happy of Waluigi, Isaac (that I know nothing about, but he seems quite popular and forgotten so I would like to see is fan happy), Wolf, Dixie and Nabbit when he will be important enough (one more main game and a few more spin-off according to the Rosalina case.)
I'd vote for Nabbit now, since the ballot also affects future games.
By the time Smash 5 hits, Nabbit might be important enough, but I doubt he'd get as much support as Rosalina.
All you can lose is Nabbit gaining an ugly Mii Gunner costume with his sack as Rocket Launcher.

(If you voted already, fantastic job)

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice

Adding King K. Rool to Smash Bros would for me signal pretty much the end of my interest for all things Smash Bros as well as my interest in gaming. His return is LITERALLY the last thing on my gaming bucket list along with MGS5, and a long one coming too, since what, 1999? It's pretty much like being a ghost after death but not being put to rest yet, I'm just lurking around the internet waiting for the big moment to happen even though Retro could've easily made it happen twice in a row.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
After K. Rool I'll officially done with the speculation scene but I'll keep tabs with everyone I've gotten to know here.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
That reminds me, if K. Rool does get added then what are some mii costumes you'd like to see? maybe some kritter hats and new pirate costumes perhaps?

StormC

Smash Hero
Admittedly if he gets added it'll be bittersweet to see the Kutthroat Kommunity kome to a klose.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I'd vote for Nabbit now, since the ballot also affects future games.
By the time Smash 5 hits, Nabbit might be important enough, but I doubt he'd get as much support as Rosalina.
All you can lose is Nabbit gaining an ugly Mii Gunner costume with his sack as Rocket Launcher.

(If you voted already, fantastic job)
While I didn't for him (I vote one character by devices, which I have 2) , I really love the character and seeing him in Smash would be really cool.

Also I forgot to tell that I really wanna see Bandana Dee in Smash.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133

I really want K.Rool the most out of anyone but I also wouldn't mind the following as well:

-Dixie Kong
-Cranky Kong
-Wolf
-Krystal
-Captain Toad
-Ridley
-Medusa
-Impa
-Inkling
-Bandana Dee
-Black Shadow (with Ganondorf's current moveset while Ganondorf gets a new moveset)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be honest I really don't care that much anymore about who gets in at this point (even in my spite of my rant about recency being a bad omen). Most of my favorites are already in (:4bowserjr:/:4lemmy::4diddy::4kirby::4lucas::4mario::4megaman::4mewtwo::4ness::4pikachu::4yoshi::rosalina:(Actually Luma but close enough)) and those that aren't (Bomberman and Pichu) will probably not show up in this game or in succeeding games. While I definitely do want K. Rool to be playable, he wasn't a character that was going to make or break the game for me like Mega Man did (I would have already moved on from modern gaming had it not been for me clinging onto the hope he would be playable someday) although I will say his exclusion was one of the biggest complaints I had with the roster (and honestly, the game in general since my reception outside some part of the roster was very positive towards the game). I was worried for awhile that DLC was a scam but I eventually decided to say "what's the point?" and get the DLC anyway since it's not like I'm getting another Smash game anyway.

There's only really one other thing I want to do with regards to Smash but I will keep that under wraps for now. After that I'll finally be able to move on. Not to say I'll leave Smashboards forever but neither do I expect to actively follow video games.

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

K Rool is my favourite Video Game character so I'll be very happy if he gets in. There are some other characters I want, some more likely (Dixie and Isaac) than others (Rayman, King Hippo and Ridley) but I will be perfectly content with Smash 4 DLC if it's only K Rool.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

I'd be very happy for all of us who fought to get King K. Rool in Smash Bros. It'll be a testament to how much the fans contribute to this series, and I'll pat myself on the back knowing that I've helped contributing to welcome this character in Smash Bros. When we get King K, I'll be continuing my push to get the other two characters i want now - Isaac and Inkling.

D

Deleted member

Well my dear Winty, if i have to express my wishlist, it may as well be now:

During my days of lurker in 2013, my wishlist was this:
Paper Mario
Waluigi
Little Mac
Mewtwo
Simon Belmont

I dind't want Isaac until late 2014 (and i dind't beat Golden Sun until april of 2015!),i thought that Wolf was going to come back and i wanted K.Rool just because of his fan following.

As the year of 2014 came and went, many characters i wanted were discomfirmed and only 3 of my most wanted characters :4megaman::4littlemac::4mewtwo: made it in (Mega Man was confirmed before i even started speculating in sm4ash) while others like Takamaru and Waluigi bite the dust.

I used to be a simple person and didn't get emotionally attached, but it all changed when i went into the Roy support thread and saw Chronobound, it was then when Roy became one my most wanted characters (so yeah im happy that i have :4feroy:) a similar story with happened :4lucas:(i was so happy when i saw him). It changed the way i saw speculation and it turned into a more Civil, open-minded person when it came to character choices.

Fast foward to late half of June 2015 and my choices were clear when it came to top 5:

Isaac: after playing GS, i became a pure blood supporter for him.

Wolf:he's the Mewtwo of DLC spculation, im litterally upset that he was cut.

King.K.Rool:He just grew up on me.

Simon Belmont:He will always be my dream newcomer. (im a Castlevania lover)

Paper Mario is more of an afterthought (and so is anyone from my top 6-10 cast) i mean i want them, but not as much as these 4. I have little to no hope for Waluigi and Takamaru (or any NPC for that matter) and Simon Belmont (because Konami)
Before the E3 Smash direct, :4feroy: was my 5th most wanted character for Sm4ash DLC.

So yeah, having the Krokodile King would make satisfied (altough i really hope that Isaac and Wolf also made it in).

Hope you enjoyed this Wintropy :).

Last edited by a moderator:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

I would probably mostly content with the roster with K. Rool's addition. Being because he is my most wanted newcomer for Smash Bros. since Brawl came out. Of course, there are other characters I will continue to support for Smash but I won't be as involved in the speculation scene as I was last year. Dixie, Ridley, Isaac, Waluigi, and Banjo & Kazooie are a few of the characters I would love to see confirmed playable.

It will be a huge relief to see K. Rool konfirmed as a playable character. I feel like the Kutthroat movement towards bringing K. Rool back into the spotlight will pay off significantly.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Man, it's gonna be great if K. Rool is confirmed. PARTY HARD, PARTY HARD, PARTY HARD, PARTY HARD~!

What's the first thing you'll do if he's revealed? ;3

StormC

Smash Hero
Freak out on instant messaging to whoever is watching it with me. Then probably come directly here and try to read all of the posts. Keyword being try.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Man, it's gonna be great if K. Rool is confirmed. PARTY HARD, PARTY HARD, PARTY HARD, PARTY HARD~!

Go on this thread and congratulate everyone for their effort. K.Rool owe a lot to his fanbase. Then tell it to everyone I know even if they don't care.:grin:

D

Deleted member

The first thing i will do is play this song:
i will also post it here when he's revealed.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman

I will listen to K. Rool's Finest Hour for at least an entire hour while watching his reveal trailer over and over again.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Play 'K. Rool's Finest Hour' and have an Etika style freakout and congratulate everyone who supported King K. Rool.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'd celebrate by listening to all of his boss fight songs followed by playing a DKC marathon.

Of course that's after I come here and celebrate with all of you fine folks. I wouldn't quit there id still keep goin till he's back in the major DKC series. As for smash I'll rally behind Dixie Kong and Banjo for future Smash games.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If K Rool got in, I don't think there would be anyone else I would be overly invested in. I am also getting too old for waiting on a new Smash so this may possibly be the last Smash game for me to get my most wanted character in.
Like alot of peoplr have said...me too...gettinf too old for this...and it is exhausting

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman

Most likely I'll be in a skype call with other Kutthroats, so I'll be blasting DKC music.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I see that if K. Rool gets in many people will lose interest in Smash. That sucks. I always have some one else I root for after my top pick. Maybe because I'm young.
I don't think people are saying they'll lose interest in Smash, just in Smash speculation. I'm sure when the next game comes around people will get excited again, they just won't actively go for specific characters.

Who are these "many" people?
And why would a world wide requested Nintendo character getting into a Nintendo all-star game ruin anything?
He said it incorrectly. Numerous people are saying they will no longer get into character speculation, not that they'll lose interest in Smash.

Most likely I'll be in a skype call with other Kutthroats, so I'll be blasting DKC music.
Ditto. :D

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Who are these "many" people?
And why would a world wide requested Nintendo character getting into a Nintendo all-star game ruin anything?
I think he's referring to the fact that many of our members have said that they would be totally content with the game if K. Rool was added.

No-one said they'd drop the game, rather that they wouldn't need to feel concerned with the roster anymore.

EDIT: GREEEENIIIINJJJJAAAA'd~ :4greninja:

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
He said it incorrectly. Numerous people are saying they will no longer get into character speculation, not that they'll lose interest in Smash.
I think he's referring to the fact that many of our members have said that they would be totally content with the game if K. Rool was added.

No-one said they'd drop the game, rather that they wouldn't need to feel concerned with the roster anymore.
I see, I did realize this when I read the comment again carefully a few more times.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I see that if K. Rool gets in many people will lose interest in Smash. That sucks. I always have some one else I root for after my top pick. Maybe because I'm young.
The only character i wanted more than K.Rool i admit was Ridley but since he cant happen if K Rool gets added they will be a huge gap from who else i want since i dont care about the other chars as much.

Kamek
Petey Piranna
Dry Bowser
Sylux
Banjo & kazooie.

K.Rool and Ridley are miles ahead of want than the others.

Top Bottom