• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well she does have a Human Face
It's more fitting than the likes of :4tlink::4villager::4pacman: or :4gaw: for that matter
Although :4gaw: is quite the good looking individual :gw:
Poor :4ryu: doesn't get to be sexy apparently.

But we all know :4olimar: is where it's at.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I remember reading those articles. Man, they were interesting. To me, I think K Rool will do just fine. I was thinking that K Rool would be slightly bigger than the Kritters. However if it strains the 3ds power, I just hope they make him the size of Bowser at least. K Rool has been resized like many times. Besides, I don't think his size was ever canon at this point. However, it really interested me that one of the portions of the articles mentioned that Olimar was extremely difficult to program on 3ds to work along with his Pikmin, but they managed. But still, I think K Rool will do just fine. Sakurai favors the heavy characters from what I've heard. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I remember reading those articles. Man, they were interesting. To me, I think K Rool will do just fine. I was thinking that K Rool would be slightly bigger than the Kritters. However if it strains the 3ds power, I just hope they make him the size of Bowser at least. K Rool has been resized like many times. Besides, I don't think his size was ever canon at this point. However, it really interested me that one of the portions of the articles mentioned that Olimar was extremely difficult to program on 3ds to work along with his Pikmin, but they managed. But still, I think K Rool will do just fine. Sakurai favors the heavy characters from what I've heard. I could be wrong.
He goes from being a little taller than DK for DKC 1-3/TV
Then he becomes a Titan in DK64
Then he's back to a littler taller than DK for a bit
Then he's around the same size as DK for Jungle Climber iirc
Then he's about the size of Bowser in his most recent outing VIA Super Sluggers

Yeah, he isn't the most correct in height, but atleast it isn't as bad as Bowser.
Bowser's been everywhere on the height chart in his lifetime.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Olimar's one of the only characters with a spouse and kids so someone found him sexy enough so he should be there.
I remember that moment when Olimar completes a day and he gets these letters even from his family every once in a while. It was tons of fun reading, I will admit.

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool has normal proportions so he's fine being resized. DK is bigger than him standing up in Land, even.

As I've said before, putting K. Rool at Bowser height still gives him a whole head on DK's normal pose. That's enough.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Now people are saying for us to stop asking for K. Rool because he's been the villain so many times and that the dkc series could use more variety. While, I'm all for variety, there are just some things you have to keep like the kremlings. I mean you see Bowser, koopas, and goombas all the time in Mario games but they add new enemies along with them as well.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Are they just going to ignore the fact that the two most recent games had new enemies?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are they just going to ignore the fact that the two most recent games had new enemies?
No.

They are acknowledged.

But there isn't exactly support for Tiki Tong or Viking Guy who's name I can't remember.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Apparently that's the thing, they prefer seeing more new villains in the games like them. K. Rool had his chance they say, just how many chances have Bowser and Ganon had already? You know the old saying, if you don't succeed at first, try try again.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
K. Rool has normal proportions so he's fine being resized. DK is bigger than him standing up in Land, even.

As I've said before, putting K. Rool at Bowser height still gives him a whole head on DK's normal pose. That's enough.
He also looks pretty intimidating compared to Diddy as well so that's good.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No.

They are acknowledged.

But there isn't exactly support for Tiki Tong or Viking Guy who's name I can't remember.
Lord Frederick, but yeah.

The fact that they're ignored speaks more about detractors being lukewarm to hating potential DK reps in general than "relevancy" being the issue at all.

Why isn't Frederick brought up as a suitable candidate if "muh relevuncy" is what matters?

Long story short, K. Rool still rools, and those other villains can't be loved OR hated as well as the King.

Damn it, I wish I had fast access to a K. Rool emoji. Cmon, Sakurai...

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
You know, this talk about "that gross crocodile which stole tthe spot of my waifu" reminded me of this comic.

Now people are saying for us to stop asking for K. Rool because he's been the villain so many times and that the dkc series could use more variety. While, I'm all for variety, there are just some things you have to keep like the kremlings. I mean you see Bowser, koopas, and goombas all the time in Mario games but they add new enemies along with them as well.
Those haters telling others to stop voting for our King are clutching at straws, they know he's a threat and popular so they are trying anything to dissuade others for their own agendas. Amazing how desperate people can get. I do have time for legitimate criticisms and amicable debates about the King, but not for other rubbish(too fat, too ugly, Bowser clone etc,etc,etc). Which is why I don't even bother with Gamefaqs anymore, too many children.

As what has been said before we need to continue chugging along and showing our support. I've only voted once for our King, once when the ballot opened but threw a few more his way during the week, with detailed responses. Gave a vote to Dixie as well.

Lol at the K. Rool/ Steve Irwin(RIP) pic, us Aussies aren't all like that (Maybe some of us :p)

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't like how people here dismiss any type of criticism of K. Rool as people just being bitter or jealous. Characters outside of the shoe-ins like Mario, Link, Pikachu, DK etc. will tend to have legitimate cons for selection. They may ultimately have more pros than cons, but that doesn't mean certain arguments aren't without grounds. Things like the relevancy card are perfectly reasonable considering that K. Rool is not a retro character. We can all agree he'd be a great addition, and DK deserves 2 more reps. But at the same time it's a perfectly valid point because had he been consistently appearing in titles at least every 2 years or so since DKC he probably would have been in by Melee or Brawl. It's most likely his lack of appearances that have brought it to this point.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't like how people here dismiss any type of criticism of K. Rool as people just being bitter or jealous. Characters outside of the shoe-ins like Mario, Link, Pikachu, DK etc. will tend to have legitimate cons for selection. They may ultimately have more pros than cons, but that doesn't mean certain arguments aren't without grounds. Things like the relevancy card are perfectly reasonable considering that K. Rool is not a retro character. We can all agree he'd be a great addition, and DK deserves 2 more reps. But at the same time it's a perfectly valid point because had he been consistently appearing in titles at least every 2 years or so since DKC he probably would have been in by Melee or Brawl. It's most likely his lack of appearances that have brought it to this point.
Because 'He's too naked' was a legitimate criticism of the character

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I think pretty much everyone has acknowledged relevancy is a legitimate criticism.

We're talking about the people who sit spouting such famous quotes as:

"too big/fat/ugly"

"Would just be a Bowser clone"

"Why vote for someone who wouldn't be top tier" < my personal favourite

"No one likes him you're all bandwagoning"

I've never seen a serious discussion about K Rool dismissed, just these sorts of criticisms. Heck, I haven't even seen a simple "I don't like King K Rool" dismissed in that way. It's just the more inane ones that people rant about.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I think pretty much everyone has acknowledged relevancy is a legitimate criticism.
I think the rest of what you said was far, but this I disagree with. People only started accepting relevancy as a legit argument once we got confirmation from Sakurai himself that relevancy matters. Before that people here were throwing the term 'muhrelevancy' as an insult to people who thought relevancy was legit argument. It just stopped being used because Sakurai confirmed that they were partially correct.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
ROB is a machine though.

:231:
A sex machine though.

In all seriousness, I personally find the idea "X character is too ugly" difficult to understand in games, though this is perhaps because I am generally a fan of playing less human characters in games. I personally find K Rool's design more appealing because he's a crocodile. I also think it's much more distinctive in general to have characters that aren't, well, human.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Those haters telling others to stop voting for our King are clutching at straws, they know he's a threat and popular so they are trying anything to dissuade others for their own agendas. Amazing how desperate people can get. I do have time for legitimate criticisms and amicable debates about the King, but not for other rubbish(too fat, too ugly, Bowser clone etc,etc,etc). Which is why I don't even bother with Gamefaqs anymore, too many children.

As what has been said before we need to continue chugging along and showing our support. I've only voted once for our King, once when the ballot opened but threw a few more his way during the week, with detailed responses. Gave a vote to Dixie as well.

Lol at the K. Rool/ Steve Irwin(RIP) pic, us Aussies aren't all like that (Maybe some of us :p)
I can't imagine why anyone would think that actively campaigning against a character like that will influence Nintendo's decisions in any way. Or why they can't see that what they're doing is downright immature.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You know, this talk about "that gross crocodile which stole tthe spot of my waifu" reminded me of this comic.

I really, really, really, really want to see K. Rool done in Katie Tiedrich's style.

Considering the hysterical facial contortions she gets out of Dedede and Roy, I can only imagine how our wonderful regal reptile would fare therein~

Since most characters have a noise they make when they're knocked off stage, wouldn't it be kool if K. Rool's death vocal was the grunt he makes when Donkey or Diddy Kong jumps on him in DCK1?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBBCjx_p7NU
My preference would be a series of "AUGH!" gradually fading into an echo, or his scream from when he's KO'd in DKC2 GBA or electrocuted in DKC3 GBA.

D

Deleted member

all this talk about being relevant and here we have duck hunt.
And yeah, @dangeraaron10, I'm still trying to 1) gather all the newer supporters in the thread and 2) find a way to fit them all into the OP without it creating an error message when I try to edit, which it did last time I tried. I'm away from my computer on a cross-state bike ride until Saturday, but I'll keep trying to get it right once I'm back (most likely it will involve just cramming the latest list into the page, then resetting to the non-crash version and repeating once more names need adding).
not sure if this as been brought up and sorry if it has but why don't you do what the BDee thread did and put a yes or no vote thing or would that glitch as well?
ROB is a machine though.

a sexy one at that.

StormC

Smash Hero
I had a pretty crazy argument with a dude a few weeks ago who was saying things like:

-K. Rool's role in the original DKC games is negligible ("all he does is steal bananas!")
-Everything he has to offer as a fighter is a "gimmick"
-We have too many villains (he counted Greninja, a Dark type, and all the Koopalings as individual villain characters)

People only started accepting relevancy as a legit argument once we got confirmation from Sakurai himself that relevancy matters.
That... seems fair, though? Why would we assume otherwise until we heard it from the big man himself?

Also, I've generally seen people use "muhrelevancy" to point out that K. Rool's lack of recent appearances doesn't outweigh all of the positives the character has.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'm honoured that you people think so highly of ROB. :laugh:

The only negative thing I personally have to say about ROB is that he isn't King K Rool. I main the guy, although his days as that are hopefully numbered.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I had a pretty crazy argument with a dude a few weeks ago who was saying things like:

-K. Rool's role in the original DKC games is negligible ("all he does is steal bananas!")
-Everything he has to offer as a fighter is a "gimmick"
-We have too many villains (he counted Greninja, a Dark type, and all the Koopalings as individual villain characters)
-I guess he doesn't understand what a final boss is.
-That's literally ****ing everyone on the roster.
-No Pokemon is really a villain. The closest thing you could get to a Pokemon villain is Mewtwo or Meowth.

You probably shouldn't waste your time on this guy. Who did he vote for?

Bananija

Count of Trickery
-I guess he doesn't understand what a final boss is.
-That's literally ****ing everyone on the roster.
-No Pokemon is really a villain. The closest thing you could get to a Pokemon villain is Mewtwo or Meowth.

You probably shouldn't waste your time on this guy. Who did he vote for?
Just saying, I think that Darkrai is the only officially "evil" Pokémon (if you don't count the movies)

Top Bottom