• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
I was actually toying around with a theoretical 5mash roster and there is definitely still enough room for new additions, I think, not considering games that will be out between Smash 4 and 5mash.

6 DLC characters would bring the Smash 4 roster to a sound 55, which works for me.

Last edited:

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
As a Nintendo fan, i always wanted to see K. Rool in Smash Bros. The fighter ballot is up and i've voted for this favorite bad guy in the series.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
The article was definitely an interesting read, but 16 characters is... wow. That'd be absolutely crazy. I still stand by the fact that we'll get 6 total. But who knows, maybe they just plan on making Smash 4 a platform that they continue to support for YEARS!

I still think that we'll get Mewtwo, Lucas, Wolf, K. Rool, Inkling, and Isaac, but maybe they plan on making more than we all initially thought

(Would really like them to throw in a Rhythm Heaven character though....)

Last edited:

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
I propose everyone of us to do avertising for King K. Rool in our online pages, for example Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr.

In my case I've been posting things for K. Rool on my Facebook since E3 2013, but recently with the Smash DLC I've been doing this more frequently and I've got so much support from my Facebook friends (I have around 1100 contacts), people I've met in my life everywhere and of course Nintendo and Smash comunities. For example yesterday I posted an image of the real ending of DKC2 when Donkey Kong, Diddy and Dixie look at Kaptain K. Rool when he escapes laughing after the final battle (when you get the 102% of the game) and I've got 15 likes in one day and various comments. I've done this with a specific list of my Facebook wich has only friends who like Nintendo, Smash or videogames (they are around 300).

I mean if everyone of us do this everywhere the K. Rool fever will not stop!

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
I propose everyone of us to do avertising for King K. Rool in our online pages, for example Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr.

In my case I've been posting things for K. Rool on my Facebook since E3 2013, but recently with the Smash DLC I've been doing this more frequently and I've got so much support from my Facebook friends (I have around 1100 contacts), people I've met in my life everywhere and of course Nintendo and Smash comunities. For example yesterday I posted an image of the real ending of DKC2 when Donkey Kong, Diddy and Dixie look at Kaptain K. Rool when he escapes laughing after the final battle (when you get the 102% of the game) and I've got 15 likes in one day and various comments. I've done this with a specific list of my Facebook wich has only friends who like Nintendo, Smash or videogames (they are around 300).

Been posting about the glorious King on Twitter and Tumblr quiet a bit recently. Facebook, not so much, but I never post there anyway

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

What about Youtube?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
16 characters is a bit much, no? I would hope, at most, for there to be 8 of em'. 16 would about double the amount of newcomers we got.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
This is really awesome! It goes a long way in helping many of us visualize what a character would look like in gameplay, which is honestly a huge hurdle for a lot of characters. I also like how you added a tail. I really hope K Rool gets a tail in Smash, but even if he doesn't, I'd be alright as long as K Rool's actually in Smash.

I'd be totally fine if that exact model was used, obviously a bit cleaned up to be comparable to the others, however.
Yep, I added a tail!,.. Thanks for noticing! XD.. as I said here before, I just think that his lack of tail in his modern design, is just devs being lazy, from each specific circumstance he has passed in the games he appears since his change.. wouldn't be so hard to put a tail, principally to use it for some (few) attacks too!... After all it's a thing that crocodiles in real life does. =P.

And thanks for all the compliments! But I'm sure that his actual model will be better than a rip from a Wii game of 2007. XD

Ahhh!! The inspiration got me!! :D

Here's a quick teaser:
Ooh! Nice! Can't wait to see the final product! =).. And glad I'm inspiring people too! XD

So fellow Kutthroats weeks ago I had posted my home made K.Rool figure based on the O.G. version of our King. Finally today my 3-D printed figure came in! I'm so happy! The guy who made the comission used his Brawl trophy for the model which I'm totally fine with now I have classic K.Rool and new Rool in figure form! I hope to have an Amiibo someday if our King gets into Smash!

View attachment 46920
Awesome!.. Do you mind if I use this photo for... something? =P

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I am also hoping for 5 or 6 characters, Including Mewtwo, Lucas, King K., Wolf, Single Ice Climber and, because he is high in demand too, Isaac.

I believe these Characters will make many people happy :)
comic400.png

*COUGH*... Roooooooooooooooy...

I wonder if Katie will do comics of all the DLC characters. Seeing K.Rool in her style would be AWESOME.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Yep, I added a tail!,.. Thanks for noticing! XD.. as I said here before, I just think that his lack of tail in his modern design, is just devs being lazy, from each specific circumstance he has passed in the games he appears since his change.. wouldn't be so hard to put a tail, principally to use it for some (few) attacks too!... After all it's a thing that crocodiles in real life does. =P.

And thanks for all the compliments! But I'm sure that his actual model will be better than a rip from a Wii game of 2007. XD

Ooh! Nice! Can't wait to see the final product! =).. And glad I'm inspiring people too! XD

Awesome!.. Do you mind if I use this photo for... something? =P
Please do! I'm honored someone wants to use a pic of my K.Rool :p

Edit: I've been posting stuff all over Facebook and Instagram for the King and the feedback has been mostly positive. A few hecklers here and there but usually someone else shuts them down

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I found a interesting read on this blog were it showed all the evidence pointing to DLC in smash, but what really caught my eye was the extra all star stages for 7-9 on Wii U, so there's the possibility of a total of 16 DLC characters including Mewtwo & Lucas so there could be 14 slots left. What do you guys think?
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/10/was-dlc-planned-for-smash-4/
That Spazzy_d fellow that was credited with writing that blog post seems like a pretty cool guy.

Anyway. The number shouldn't have been 16. It's actually 22, as each All Star stage (save the final one) has 7 characters. 7 x 3 + 1 (as the aforementioned final stage currently only has 6 fighters) = 22. I actually fixed this in the blog itself.

I do not think we will get anywhere near that number of characters. If the all star stage clear text was indeed included to accommodate DLC characters the large number of stages was likely more of a "just in case" fail safe. The point of the article was more to demonstrate that the game was created with DLC in mind than to pinpoint any specific number of newcomers or anything.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
That Spazzy_d fellow that was credited with writing that blog post seems like a pretty cool guy.

Anyway. The number shouldn't have been 16. It's actually 22, as each All Star stage (save the final one) has 7 characters. 7 x 3 + 1 (as the aforementioned final stage currently only has 6 fighters) = 22. I actually fixed this in the blog itself.

I do not think we will get anywhere near that number of characters. If the all star stage clear text was indeed included to accommodate DLC characters the large number of stages was likely more of a "just in case" fail safe. The point of the article was more to demonstrate that the game was created with DLC in mind than to pinpoint any specific number of newcomers or anything.
After reading that article all I know is the "signs" do definately point to a LOT more dlc. Whether that be 4 additional chars, or 6, or 8. I'm excited any way you skew it

new fanart yay! i completely reworked the last drawing because i didnt like how the head,belly,and cape looked. and turned it into this(based on his stance in the first dkc).

im thinking about doing the kaptain next.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

Just finding out you made the blog, sorry for not crediting you and you are a pretty cool guy. :)

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Just got back from shopping, heard George Michael playing in store. Now I can't stop thinking about K. Rool dressing up and re-enacting the video to "Faith".

K. Rool in sunglasses... I'm ok with that.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Just got back from shopping, heard George Michael playing in store. Now I can't stop thinking about K. Rool dressing up and re-enacting the video to "Faith".

K. Rool in sunglasses... I'm ok with that.
Could he beat Leo Luster in awesomeness?

Could he...

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
new fanart yay! i completely reworked the last drawing because i didnt like how the head,belly,and cape looked. and turned it into this(based on his stance in the first dkc).

im thinking about doing the kaptain next.
What program did you do this in?

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Well, I officially voted for K. Rool today. I don't think my reasoning was all that amazing, but I hope it helped a little bit.

I think the whole Smash Fighter Ballot thing itself is pretty cool. It's like a nice bonus added onto an already good game.

After a new Smash game is announced, I feel like the sky is sort of the limit as far as what characters could be in it; there have certainly been some unusual choices over the years. Then, when more characters are announced and the release date approaches, the reality that some characters are going to have to be left out sets in. After the roster comes out (through a leak nowadays), I usually have some misgivings about which characters made the cut and which didn't, which I'm liable to grumble about for a little while. Playing the game tends to help me accept the roster; I eventually don't worry too much about it and generally try to enjoy the game for what it is.

So I think Smash DLC, especially the Fighter Ballot, is neat because it comes at a time when I've already made peace with the roster (as dumb as that probably sounds) and its inclusions and exclusions. Anybody else is gravy to me and if having them in Smash makes somebody happy, I'm all for it.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Well, I officially voted for K. Rool today. I don't think my reasoning was all that amazing, but I hope it helped a little bit.

I think the whole Smash Fighter Ballot thing itself is pretty cool. It's like a nice bonus added onto an already good game.
Well regardless, your support is greatly appreciated by all of us! :D

I'm one of the odd ones who doesn't really like Smash 4 as a whole (long story, but I take issue with a lot of changes to the regular game stuff as a solo player) but the Ballot has brought me back to that wonderful and scary time when Smash 4 was a star off in the distance.

Whether K. Rool gets in or not it's really exciting and I'm glad to a part of it! It makes me happy to be a Nintendo fan/geek.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Y'know, part of the reason I support K. Rool is because he'd be one of the few heavyweight fighters I'd actually play.

Ganondorf's kinda by himself right now, another big bruiser to play with him would be quite welcome~

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
The heavyweights currently in Sm4sh are... pretty dissapointing in my opinion. Ganondorf is just bad and almost unplayable, charizard is... cool, but has his issues, and bowser's moves *aerielas* have too much lag. Hopefully K. Rool can be that new star heavyweight character that's actually decent and not a fat vulnerable slug. Even if he is I'm still co-maining him with Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The heavyweights currently in Sm4sh are... pretty dissapointing in my opinion. Ganondorf is just bad and almost unplayable, charizard is... cool, but has his issues, and bowser's moves *aerielas* have too much lag. Hopefully K. Rool can be that new star heavyweight character that's actually decent and not a fat vulnerable slug. Even if he is I'm still co-maining him with Mewtwo.
I think heavyweights are just unfavorable in Smash Bros' style of gameplay. Melee Ganondorf was the exception, and that was due to the agility he inherited from Captain Falcon.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
*see that there is no complaint about Dedede*
*approuve this post*

Troykv

Smash Master
In a jumping-game is not good be to slow xD

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
some progress!
This is beautiful, and if something like that were in I am not sure I'd ever use another costume. What other recolours (if any) are you considering doing?

Well regardless, your support is greatly appreciated by all of us! :D

I'm one of the odd ones who doesn't really like Smash 4 as a whole (long story, but I take issue with a lot of changes to the regular game stuff as a solo player) but the Ballot has brought me back to that wonderful and scary time when Smash 4 was a star off in the distance.

Whether K. Rool gets in or not it's really exciting and I'm glad to a part of it! It makes me happy to be a Nintendo fan/geek.
I get what you're saying - definitely some more single player modes, particularly in the 3DS, would be greatly welcomed, as well as fixing Smash Run.

Y'know, part of the reason I support K. Rool is because he'd be one of the few heavyweight fighters I'd actually play.

Ganondorf's kinda by himself right now, another big bruiser to play with him would be quite welcome~
I can sort of see what you mean, I main ROB, whom I'm not sure counts, and like playing as Bowser a lot (especially as his armour makes games against most FG Macs hilarious) but other than that, I don't like any. DK is probably the closest, Ganon is fun to troll with but not in general and the less said about Charizard, the better. I think the lack of projectiles is probably a big part which K Rool shouldn't have against him, though I have never been able to get into Link.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
The sexiest heavyweight is King Dedede. Obviously he can only be topped by another king of similar girth.
I 100% agree with you

*add ``make a seal of approval`` on my to do list*
K.Rool would will definitly be a delicious heavyweight that I will probably main

Top Bottom