• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Paraka

Smash Rookie
I have changed the ending of that guidance I created. Look at it and tell me what you all think.
That is adorable, and a little DKCR humor, loves. I can see Pit stutter on the last bit with Cranky shouting why DK owes him coins.

Approved.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
I'd assume K. Rool's projectiles would be slow, large in size, do a lot of damage on impact, and not stop when hitting an enemy.

Fitting of a trap based character who wants to limit you to a certain location,

:231:
Personally I think it would be cooler if he would shoot out a spiked kannonball that would fall on the ground and extend its spikes thus acting much like a Urina that can be pushed around. It could only be moved by K. Rool by sucking it back up and shooting it again.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Well after some minor research and supposing our great King K. (1994) does join Smash Bros, he would fight along side Diddy, Ness, Ganondorf, Sheik, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Charizard, and of course, Mewtwo (1998). All these characters had their first appearance in between 1994-1998 ! Lucas, (2006) on the other hand, will be put into the 2001-2006 category with Lucario, Ike, Zss, Toon Link, Bowser Jr, Olimar, and Villager.

It is exciting to see which characters from what era will be put in next!! The crazy thing is a good handful of requested characters like our own King K.(1994), seem to be from the 1994-1998 range like Wolf being 1997, Banjo at 1998, Dixie in 1995, and even Bandana Dee in 1996.

Thought that was interesting to say the least.

This is assuming that Sakurai makes no other alterations to the 3DS/Wii U All-Star Modes besides just adding the characters to their respective date groups.

Last edited:

Paraka

Smash Rookie
Well after some minor research and supposing our great King K. (1994) does join Smash Bros, he would fight along side Diddy, Ness, Ganondorf, Sheik, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Charizard, and of course, Mewtwo (1998). All these characters had their first appearance in between 1994-1998 ! Lucas, (2006) on the other hand, will be put into the 2001-2006 category with Lucario, Ike, Zss, Toon Link, Bowser Jr, Olimar, and Villager.

It is exciting to see which characters from what era will be put in next!! The crazy thing is a good handful of requested characters like our own King K.(1994), seem to be from the 1994-1998 range like Wolf being 1997, Banjo at 1998, Dixie in 1995, and even Bandana Dee in 1996.

This is assuming that Sakurai makes no other alterations to the 3DS/Wii U All-Star Modes besides just adding the characters to their respective date groups.
Interesting way to put it, actually. I remember a talk about older retro characters in the same vein, discussed Sukapon and Starman (Pro Wrestling) from the era.

Looking back it feels so surreal in a way, Smash Bros in general is this weird time-traveling capsule where we not once think of Duck Hunt Dog in the same room/game as Wii Fit Trainer. Truly is a strange design.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Honestly, who's left? There's King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and Ridley but the last one is probably never getting in unless he scores really well in the Smash Ballot and whoever takes over actually likes the idea of Ridley being playable. And the closest third-party equivalent would be Bomberman, who is never getting in so long his franchise isn't getting games.

If King K. Rool gets in as DLC, that'd just leave Dixie Kong and a bunch of lower tier characters. Bandanna Dee might be a Nintendo All-Star if he keeps being prominent in the Kirby series but that is a very big if. I see newcomers in later installments emphasizing more on game play than previous games (which Smash 3DS & Wii U already started to do), which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I can see Rayman and maybe Snake as the DLC third party reps over Bomberman. Mainly because both have already been in Smash already as more than just a mention in Brawl's Chronicle. That has to mean something for the two's chances to be put higher than a character from a currently dead franchise.

I don't think Sakurai shares the same "Reps" system that the fans do, so Toad being DLC wouldn't surprise me, possibly Captain due to the new game. Inkling does have quite a bit of popularity (In my eyes, more than some Smashers already on the roster), but I can see your point that we don't have a lot more A-list newcomers to add into Smash. A lot of newcomers in Smash 4 are B-List or lower (Shulk, Robin, Lucina, Dark Pit, Wii Fit Trainer, etc.)

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
i make all of my drawings in ms paint(mostly because i dont have access to other programs or the knowledge of how to use them and i got used to using paint so im kinda attached to it for now).
That's impressive!

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman

I doubt they'd make you fight 9 characters in one round of all-star. I imagine that the "era dates" for each round are going to shift around a lot once we get a few characters in there.

Not sure if about that Bandana Dee date though. If he is referred to as "Bandana Dee" in-game, I could see it, but I think it's more likely that he is simply referred to as Waddle Dee, which would push back his debut year considerably

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I doubt they'd make you fight 9 characters in one round of all-star. I imagine that the "era dates" for each round are going to shift around a lot once we get a few characters in there.

Not sure if about that Bandana Dee date though. If he is referred to as "Bandana Dee" in-game, I could see it, but I think it's more likely that he is simply referred to as Waddle Dee, which would push back his debut year considerably
Yeah. This is just a rough, yet simple, estimate of what they will do upon adding however many DLC characters we get. I figured they may shift dates around too. Would be weird to fight 8-9 characters in one round of All-Star then 7 for the rest of it.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Personally I think it would be cooler if he would shoot out a spiked kannonball that would fall on the ground and extend its spikes thus acting much like a Urina that can be pushed around. It could only be moved by K. Rool by sucking it back up and shooting it again.
The spiked cannonball could make a good custom if nothing else. Assuming his side-special/special is the musket, the regular could be a normal cannon ball like Bowser Jr's that can be sucked back up but otherwise will roll off the stage after losing momentum, his custom is spiked and gets stuck in the stage meaning it lets K Rool control part of the stage but he can't use it until he sucks it back up or it expires, and his second custom... Not sure. One of the weird arced balls? The gunk he shoots that makes it harder to shoot his other attacks?

Looking at a video of his final battle for inspiration for musket customs, he has some neat animation possibilities. I'd love to see the musket-propelled slide as his running animation, for instance, or maybe his dash attack.

Recently threw in a vote for K. Rool. It's about time we got another DK rep and none of the other options really appealed to me.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am thinking of doing a comparison presentation with a video link that i'll explain in what way it represents each and every one of us Kutthroats as a tribute to you BKupa, I'm aware that it's going to be unrelated to the thread topic, which is why i'll post it on your profile first, if it's okay with you before I post it in this thread. But I'd like to make sure there won't be any confusion when I try to explain in what way the video represents us.
Sure, I'll be happy to hear about the idea if you post it to my wall or PM me.

Anyhow, for those who haven't already done so, tweet to @ArtsyOmni using the hashtag #smashified, requesting that he make a K. Rool render for his next project. He seems to have the most votes out of anyone left, with only Isaac even coming close, and Omni himself hasn't ever made a render for a first party character. What better choice for his first?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Sure, I'll be happy to hear about the idea if you post it to my wall or PM me.

Anyhow, for those who haven't already done so, tweet to @ArtsyOmni using the hashtag #smashified, requesting that he make a K. Rool render for his next project. He seems to have the most votes out of anyone left, with only Isaac even coming close, and Omni himself hasn't ever made a render for a first party character. What better choice for his first?
Omni hasn't done a villain yet either has he? :chuckle:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I asked him. Not expecting a reply but maybe It'll get him thinking about it.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Just finding out you made the blog, sorry for not crediting you and you are a pretty cool guy. :)
I don't care about getting credit, I just think it's funny that I see people referencing it in places I normally post without knowing it's me. I'm just happy that people are reading the article.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
There you go!.. My proposal of Alt. Colors for the King! (supposing he wouldn't get all his different costumes, even though I went a bit far on the last one I made =P);...

I had to made smaller than the last pic, just to try to hide some details that didn't end very well at the time of the recolor (it can be still noted though); But I hope you guys like my effort! ^^ .. and sorry for the delay to deliver. :\/

(already working on another thing, btw, .. but this will be a surprise. =P).

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
There you go!.. My proposal of Alt. Colors for the King! (supposing he wouldn't get all his different costumes, even though I went a bit far on the last one I made =P);...

I had to made smaller than the last pic, just to try to hide some details that didn't end very well at the time of the recolor (it can be still noted though); But I hope you guys like my effort! ^^ .. and sorry for the delay to deliver. :\/

I absolutely love that last one (Lord Fredrik), good work!

My second favorite alt would be Krusha.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Impressive i can see this happening, if he does not get his pirate and frankistein outfits.

Well done

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425

These look amazing.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

Fantastic job as always cyber wolf. I really like the extra detail on the frederick alt. I'd probably use Skidda alt because he is the greatest kremling!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

I'd play the hell out of the red kritter color.

StormC

Smash Hero
Just got back from the world premiere of Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F. I brought my 3DS and made my Streetpass message "Vote K. Rool!" so hopefully that did something.

I've come to terms with Ridley. Especially after seeing various mods and none of them have convinced me that he can work without being seriously gimped, to the point where he's really just a purple dragon named Ridley.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I was looking in another window, and just got that many replies.. I won't quote everybody, but It's always nice to see that positive result. =) Thank you, Kremlings!.. Everything for our King get more recognition! =D

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
That Lord Fredrik palette swap looks amazing. I'm going to be disappointed if that's not a thing.

KrocTheVote

Smash Rookie
Anyways, I'm curious whether you guys think K. Rool would be a starting character or an unlockable one. I've seen cases made for both statuses that make them both seem reasonable.
I'm new to SMASH BOARDS but I've supported K. Rool for a while now and I encourage you all to VOTE!!!!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
That Lord Fredrik palette swap looks amazing. I'm going to be disappointed if that's not a thing.
Well, it's only fair... Fredrik got K. Rool's moves (and spot) in Tropical Freeze.. K. Rool gets Fredrik's color and accessories. =P... XD.. in any case, thanks!

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Just got back from the world premiere of Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F. I brought my 3DS and made my Streetpass message "Vote K. Rool!" so hopefully that did something.

I've come to terms with Ridley. Especially after seeing various mods and none of them have convinced me that he can work without being seriously gimped, to the point where he's really just a purple dragon named Ridley.
Not even Bagan's mod? I think it represents Ridley better than any of Ridley's smash boss battles/stage hazard.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't know names. Is there a specific video I should watch? I've seen a lot.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I don't know names. Is there a specific video I should watch? I've seen a lot.
Watch this.
Just remembered I'm not suppose to post things about other characters in this thread, but it's in a spoiler so I hope it is okay.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
These are fantastic. Stuff like the camouflage cape is really clever; I'd like to see something similar for the DK64 'sleeveless leather jacket with skull' Kremling design. Naturally though, I think everyone is really hoping for the different get-ups as the costume options but palette choices like this might be the best we get.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
I started playing tropical freeze yesterday and I alredy love it, the sountrack, the enemies, the imaginative levels, EVERYTHING. My only problem is that I feel that I'm getting too much ballons, I just finished the 2 world and I have 99 lives alredy

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I started playing tropical freeze yesterday and I alredy love it, the sountrack, the enemies, the imaginative levels, EVERYTHING. My only problem is that I feel that I'm getting too much ballons, I just finished the 2 world and I have 99 lives alredy
Once you go for 100%, you'll be needing them.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I've seen those videos. He's just so damn big and has such a huge hitbox, and he's always crouching and stuff. I'm just not convinced. Maybe Sakurai can do better, but he doesn't want to.

...anyway, this is a weird question, but how do people feel about K. Rool having claws from the PAON design? I think they give him a bit more oomph in his look, but on the other hand, as silly as it sounds, it makes him seem a little too similar to Bowser. I guess I just really want him to be presented in Smash as a unique character and not some strange derivative of Dedede and Bowser.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've seen those videos. He's just so damn big and has such a huge hitbox, and he's always crouching and stuff. I'm just not convinced. Maybe Sakurai can do better, but he doesn't want to.

...anyway, this is a weird question, but how do people feel about K. Rool having claws from the PAON design? I think they give him a bit more oomph in his look, but on the other hand, as silly as it sounds, it makes him seem a little too similar to Bowser. I guess I just really want him to be presented in Smash as a unique character and not some strange derivative of Dedede and Bowser.
We need a heavy-weight that uses boxing gloves. *Wink Wink*;)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That's just a result of Bopopolis. You'll need them!

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

Wow, I just realised that the old K Rool never had claws. But i'd like him to have no clawing attacks because they are kind of Bowser and Charizard's thing and if he had a Krusha K Rool costume with boxing gloves it wouldn't make sense. Although if there are clawing moves i can see a redesigned Krusha I can see him being designed to have his claws ripping out of his boxing gloves or even just using his crown for clawing moves.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Lil update on the gators gonna gate gif thing. (Seems that's all I do these days- updates with no payoff :( "I'm tryyyyying...I sweeea-ar!")

I've been trying to get the movement down to better fit K. Rool. The hater guy's got a slimmer build but the strut doesn't really work all that well in my opinion after you added K. Rool's attributes.

I may have had a breakthrough though. I won't post anything till I'm sure though. Then (hopefully I'll be able to finish up with the rest.)

I really should just ran this through ToonBoom in hindsight. (An animation through an animation PROGRAM?! What madness.) Woulda made production quicker. But too far along right now.

I'll keep ya posted. We should see the end of this soon.

Top Bottom