• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I can sort of see what you mean, I main ROB, whom I'm not sure counts, and like playing as Bowser a lot (especially as his armour makes games against most FG Macs hilarious) but other than that, I don't like any. DK is probably the closest, Ganon is fun to troll with but not in general and the less said about Charizard, the better. I think the lack of projectiles is probably a big part which K Rool shouldn't have against him, though I have never been able to get into Link.
Good point, I play R.O.B. as well, though I wouldn't consider him in the same league as the likes of Ganon or (potentially) K. Rool. He's slow and clunky, but he's not exactly a bruiser, while I think K. Rool would have a strong projectile game in addition to some absolute belters of physical blows.

Plus a trap / setup-based heavyweight bruiser would be amazing. Snake filled most of that, but even so, he was very floaty in his jumps and didn't have the immense "wham" power that other heavyweights are known for.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
This is beautiful, and if something like that were in I am not sure I'd ever use another costume. What other recolours (if any) are you considering doing?
The choices for now are Red Kritter (Super Sluggers), Klump, Krusha, Rekoil, Skidda, Kudgel and Lord Fredrik :p.. I'll try to put little more effort doing another little thing as a surprise. XD

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Never falter... never
Its like i lost my job and got divorced all on my birthday..

Just ....cant get over it....the dream is gone....
Well im over it but...its still stings...like a stigma that wont leave me alone....i guess when Mewtwo comes back and if K.Rool makes it will be alot better but still.....

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
i make all of my drawings in ms paint(mostly because i dont have access to other programs and i got used to using paint so im kinda attached to it for now).
Well, GIMP is a free program you can download. Last I checked it works more or less like Photoshop, @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia can correct me. It's been years since I used it.*

I use Photoshop Elements 11 right now (along with a graphics tablet but that's another story entirely) which obviously cost me.

It's up to you but... these kind of programs give you more to work with than Paint. Options. Especially like say Layers. So you can experiment very easily.

*(I could never get the feel for it cause I was so used to Photoshop and it wasn't working for me at the time.)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Well im over it but...its still stings...like a stigma that wont leave me alone....i guess when Mewtwo comes back and if K.Rool makes it will be alot better but still.....
There's always a next time. Never Falter!

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

Y'know I read that as "i lost my job and got divorced all on my birthday.."

And I was like, TehEpicRyuga...how can you "like" that? The poor guy.

Then I put my glasses on.

I'm quite sure it will happen eventually. You just need to fight that little bit harder regrettably. (She'll take you back.).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Y'know I read that as "i lost my job and got divorced all on my birthday.."

And I was like, TehEpicRyuga...how can you "like" that? The poor guy.

Then I put my glasses on.

I'm quite sure it will happen eventually. You just need to fight that little bit harder regrettably. (She'll take you back.).
I'm pretty Kreul at times. I may or may not suffer slight sanity issues anyway

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Well, GIMP is a free program you can download. Last I checked it works more or less like Photoshop, @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia can correct me. It's been years since I used it.*

I use Photoshop Elements 11 right now (along with a graphics tablet but that's another story entirely) which obviously cost me.

It's up to you but... these kind of programs give you more to work with than Paint. Options. Especially like say Layers. So you can experiment very easily.

*(I could never get the feel for it cause I was so used to Photoshop and it wasn't working for me at the time.)
You're right about GIMP. I use it myself. (That's how I got my gorgeous avatar and signture)

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I really like the idea of "Cannonball Rain" as the King's Down B, I can also see it as his Final Smash.

KAOS and the Blast-o-matic could make good FSes too.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here is a little guidance I made for K. Rool.

Palutena: I see you're fighting King K. Rool, Pit.
Pit: You mean that big croc?
Viridi: Yes, he is the leader of the Kremling Army. He looks too ugly to be a fighter, though.
Cranky Kong: You can say that again!
Pit: What? Where'd you come from, old timer?
Viridi: An old, grumpy ape is joining in on our conversation? What's next?
Cranky: Show some respect to the elder, lady! I am Cranky Kong, the original Donkey Kong! And seeing that you are fighting K. Rool, I thought I'd give some tips in dealing with him.
Palutena: That is very nice of you, actually.
Pit: Oh come on! This guy looks like he is too fat to even win!
Cranky: Don't underestimate King K. Rool, angel boy! I've learned not to do that with my foes in my early days as a game star. Now, King K. Rool is not only very strong, but quite athletic as well, so stay on your toes. Also, he'll try to hit you by throwing his spiky crown, and he'll also shoot you with a cannonball from his blunderbuss. His blunderbuss also fires colored mists that can affect your movement if you're hit, so watch out.
Pit: Um, he doesn't look that athletic to me, honestly.
Cranky: He is. You'll see that as you fight him. And beware, King K. Rool is no pushover!
Pit: Don't worry! I'll teach this croc a thing or two! He won't know what hit him!
Cranky: I'm sure he won't. Go teach him a lesson! Oh, and if you see Donkey Kong, tell him he still owes me 15 banana coins!
Viridi: For what?
Cranky: For losing a bet.
Pit: Okay then! Will do!
So, what do you all think?

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
You're right about GIMP. I use it myself. (That's how I got my gorgeous avatar and signture)
....I need a moment.
"GGOOAA-AH!" (Translation: It's...so beautiful... Ash is finally dead..!)

He's like if David Bowie's make-up artist on the movie Labyrinth took cocaine instead of their morning coffee... It's fabulous.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We shouldn't run out of All-Stars too quick.
Last thing we want is Pink Gold Pit as the only newcomer in Smash 5
Honestly, who's left? There's King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and Ridley but the last one is probably never getting in unless he scores really well in the Smash Ballot and whoever takes over actually likes the idea of Ridley being playable. And the closest third-party equivalent would be Bomberman, who is never getting in so long his franchise isn't getting games.

If King K. Rool gets in as DLC, that'd just leave Dixie Kong and a bunch of lower tier characters. Bandanna Dee might be a Nintendo All-Star if he keeps being prominent in the Kirby series but that is a very big if. I see newcomers in later installments emphasizing more on game play than previous games (which Smash 3DS & Wii U already started to do), which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Good point, I play R.O.B. as well, though I wouldn't consider him in the same league as the likes of Ganon or (potentially) K. Rool. He's slow and clunky, but he's not exactly a bruiser, while I think K. Rool would have a strong projectile game in addition to some absolute belters of physical blows.

Plus a trap / setup-based heavyweight bruiser would be amazing. Snake filled most of that, but even so, he was very floaty in his jumps and didn't have the immense "wham" power that other heavyweights are known for.
I've been advocating for an artillery based K. Rool for the past week. He can easily fill Snake's roll quite well if you do it right.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've been advocating for an artillery based K. Rool for the past week. He can easily fill Snake's roll quite well if you do it right.
Thing is, I don't want K. Rool to fill Snake's role. I don't want Snake to be replaced with another character, or for that character to be a stopgap substitute for a preexisting niche. Both characters can and ought to stand up of their own merits. You could definitely have similar movesets and fighting styles, no doubt, but I think it'd be a great disservice to both characters to just have one fill the other's role for the sake of it being filled.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Thing is, I don't want K. Rool to fill Snake's role. I don't want Snake to be replaced with another character, or for that character to be a stopgap substitute for a preexisting niche. Both characters can and ought to stand up of their own merits. You could definitely have similar movesets and fighting styles, no doubt, but I think it'd be a great disservice to both characters to just have one fill the other's role for the sake of it being filled.
I mean not exactly like Snake, he would still be a better physical fighter, I'm just saying he can definitely fill a role no one has in Smash 4. Snake comes to mind because K. Rool has had a knack for technology.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I mean not exactly like Snake, he would still be a better physical fighter, I'm just saying he can definitely fill a role no one has in Smash 4.
That I'd be more comfortable with.

A long-ranged heavyweight fighter would be a deadly combination alright~

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh my god Sakurai is Hades.

It all makes sense now. Smash bros is a punishment so he cant regenerate his entire soul after being lazerd
And he wants wars, which is why he said 'lel wings' to the people who wanted Ridley! And why he hasn't put DK content. AND why Smash Tour is a thing. AND why getting customs is entirely luck based!

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Well ROB does have a fantastic Up Smash as well as a great kill throw. I am a massive fan of the Gyro though, as well as his recovery - I know a lot of people dislike it for being gimpable but I enjoy the control and how deep it lets you go off stage. When you don't play competitively and people tend not to commit to edge guarding it's probably the best. These are two things I can see emulated by K Rool in a natural way (The cannonballs from the Blunderbuss stayed on the ground and could be picked up in DKC2, after all) which would make me even more excited to see him.

Ganon can certainly kill stuff easily. But he's too damn slow, has no grabbing range, and can be projectile spammed until the cows come home. Not a good combination.
The only reason I have played Ganon is because letting Little Macs dash attack Super Armoured Warlock Punch is too funny, and it's because of what you said. I know Ganon can do scary stuff; but his speed makes it feel like such an uphill battle to even get a single hit that I don't enjoy him at all. Charizard is less a case of this. Mostly I have a lot of trouble killing with him and also wonder how a Flying type has such a horrible recovery. These two are horrible drawbacks to me; my two mains in the two most recent games (ICs and ROB) had great recoveries (distance wise) and both easily KO with some decently fast smashes and or grabs.

Keeping things more on topic, I don't necessarily see K Rool as having a kill throw but I could see some nifty throw set ups. For example, if you have the cannonball drop as a move, then U-Throw into that would feel obnoxiously appropriate (and not too unbalanced either as it obviously would be easily escapable via DI).

D

Deleted member

That I'd be more comfortable with.

A long-ranged heavyweight fighter would be a deadly combination alright~
A heavyweight with projectiles that isn't straight campy like DH or ROB would cause all sorts of shenanigans.

I can't even begin to understand how a :4dk:~ or + weight character with projectiles (ones that aren't reflectable by almost everything like :4dedede: 's Gordo) would affect things.

:dizzy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
....I need a moment.
"GGOOAA-AH!" (Translation: It's...so beautiful... Ash is finally dead..!)

He's like if David Bowie's make-up artist on the movie Labyrinth took cocaine instead of their morning coffee... It's fabulous.
Well thank you.

I don't have the King in them like you thought...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd assume K. Rool's projectiles would be slow, large in size, do a lot of damage on impact, and not stop when hitting an enemy.

Fitting of a trap based character who wants to limit you to a certain location,

:231:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A heavyweight with projectiles that isn't straight campy like DH or ROB would cause all sorts of shenanigans.

I can't even begin to understand how a :4dk:~ or + weight character with projectiles (ones that aren't reflectable by almost everything like :4dedede: 's Gordo) would affect things.

:dizzy:
It would affect him in that he would stand a chance at being one of the only heavyweights who's remotely decent in the metagame.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I quiet like alot of this, although I feel you should get rid of the Wrinkly Kong part, seems pretty unnecessary.. Having Cranky is absolutely genius though
I thought the Wrinkly part was not so bad, but I shall consider getting rid of it. I am still glad you liked this guidance idea, though.

D

Deleted member

I'd assume K. Rool's projectiles would be slow, large in size, do a lot of damage on impact, and not stop when hitting an enemy.

Fitting of a trap based character who wants to limit you to a certain location,

:231:
I would like to imagine that they would also outprioritize most things.

Getting "gutsy" I would ideally want K.Rool's projectile(s) to run through even Link's bombs, which outprioritize or clank with everything that isn't a fully charged Water Shuriken from Greninja (yes, iirc, they clank even with a full Charge Shot from Samus).

So you'd have a large high priority projectile (perhaps the projectile(s) with the highest priority overall, likely just one if he has multiple though) balanced by its slow speed.

Paraka

Smash Rookie
Here is a little guidance I made for K. Rool.

So, what do you all think?
The only problems I have is Cranky's voice is all over the place in my head. Namely because, well, he never had a voice prior to that. Good write-up, though! Only thing genuinely out of place is Wrinkly Kong bit, feels pushed.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The only problems I have is Cranky's voice is all over the place in my head. Namely because, well, he never had a voice prior to that. Good write-up, though! Only thing genuinely out of place is Wrinkly Kong bit, feels pushed.
Looks like I am going to have to remove that.

Funny you should say that about the voice. I actually thought about that very thing after I made this guidance. Weird, huh?

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
It would affect him in that he would stand a chance at being one of the only heavyweights who's remotely decent in the metagame.
I am thinking of doing a comparison presentation with a video link that i'll explain in what way it represents each and every one of us Kutthroats as a tribute to you BKupa, I'm aware that it's going to be unrelated to the thread topic, which is why i'll post it on your profile first, if it's okay with you before I post it in this thread. But I'd like to make sure there won't be any confusion when I try to explain in what way the video represents us.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have changed the ending of that guidance I created. Look at it and tell me what you all think.

Top Bottom