• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
exactly! I was going to post it! XD..

However, the Baron K. Roolenstein sprite doesn't show his tail anywhere.. And by the confusion with his old renders, can be the motive that the DKC Animated series and Paon went with him without tail.
Checked the Baron K. Roolenstein sprite sheet, no tail (not even the visible skeleton from the electrocuted frame).

StormC

Smash Hero
Huh, I totally missed the tail in DKC1 and 2. I mean, you only see it for a split second so it's kinda a silly thing.

It would be cool to have the tail back but not a dealbreaker. I'm perfectly happy with the PAON design even if I would tweak some things; I definitely think it looks more fluid than any official render Rare ever designed for the character.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PLLs1S_Lck

I like how Etika disses K. Rool because we "already have a lot of big characters", even though he was an avid supporter of Ridley, who is like twice the size of K. Rool. What an embarrassing double standard. Seriously, where is this "too many heavyweights" crap coming from? There are like four in total of a roster with 51 characters. Nobody here cares about competitive viability. We just want to play as our favorite character. GOD FORBID. Now that the relevancy argument is, well, irrelevant, people are literally making things up just so they have an excuse to bash K. Rool. And quite frankly, I hope people see through it. This is our one chance.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
In the end Im certain Sakurai would favor the PAON model. And at the same time, he will upgrade him his looks to fit with the Smash Bros. Design. Almost none of the character in Smash look like in their original games, especially the ones from the Mario series (because that PAON art looks like your typical Mario Party artwork). Think normal Bowser and Smash Bowser. And I expect K. Rool to get that treatment.
So, resuming: PAON design with a more realistic/animalistic look. And this actually should please the Rare model fans a bit too ince looking more rugged is what the old K. Rool is all about IMO.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Say, only partially related to this thread, but is there a N64 wii-U VC discussion thread? Thought I'd ask before I waste time digging, also super excited to finally be able to really play DK64 this week!

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman

I like how Etika disses K. Rool because we "already have a lot of big characters", even though he was an avid supporter of Ridley, who is like twice the size of K. Rool. What an embarrassing double standard. Seriously, where is this "too many heavyweights" crap coming from? There are like four in total of a roster with 51 characters. Nobody here cares about competitive viability. We just want to play as our favorite character. GOD FORBID. Now that the relevancy argument is, well, irrelevant, people are literally making things up just so they have an excuse to bash K. Rool. And quite frankly, I hope people see through it. This is our one chance.
Wow dude I just noticed this. Such a double standard.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
In the end Im certain Sakurai would favor the PAON model. And at the same time, he will upgrade him his looks to fit with the Smash Bros. Design. Almost none of the character in Smash look like in their original games, especially the ones from the Mario series (because that PAON art looks like your typical Mario Party artwork). Think normal Bowser and Smash Bowser. And I expect K. Rool to get that treatment.
So, resuming: PAON design with a more realistic/animalistic look. And this actually should please the Rare model fans a bit too ince looking more rugged is what the old K. Rool is all about IMO.
You also have to take into account characters like Pac-man and Mega-man. Pac-man's NEWEST design by Namco has blue eyes, while the design they based him off of for Smash was from his older games. Same with mega-man, he's updated but is made to look like his NES self. K. Rool could get the same treatment.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Because people are discussing K. Rools design, the drawing I'm going to do is kind of a mixture of both, his original design and his newer PAON one. It will be more oriented on his old one, but will have some influences from his newer one.
Actually, I am at a point where I could show you what I mean, but I would like to wait until he's finished.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Mega Man Classic's newest games are 9 and 10 so that's his most recent look anyway.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

However, the Baron K. Roolenstein sprite doesn't show his tail anywhere.. And by the confusion with his old renders, can be the motive that the DKC Animated series and Paon went with him without tail.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up, for some reason I thought for sure he still had it in DKC3 as well.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'd say Greninja doesn't have a gimmick either and Duck Hunt (two character models + gunman) and WFT (strange hitboxes) do.

I feel like K. Rool doesn't need a gimmick and has enough to offer by his extremely large variety of moves and attacks.

Just DK64.
And in DKC1-3(although the coats hide it in 2 and 3), DKL1-3, and DK King Of Swing.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Mega Man is the one that really comes to my mind first in this game, it's clearly based on his nes games design. Which is fine with me being how those are the mega man games I grew up playing and enjoying.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360

I want Ridley just as much as K. Rool. Saying that K. Rool is too big but Ridley isn't is kinda ridiculous. Both K. Rool and Ridley can be very unique characters. Those that say they can't simply haven't played the games they appear in. K. Rool is not just another fat guy and Ridley isn't just another dragon.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Because people are discussing K. Rools design, the drawing I'm going to do is kind of a mixture of both, his original design and his newer PAON one. It will be more oriented on his old one, but will have some influences from his newer one.
Actually, I am at a point where I could show you what I mean, but I would like to wait until he's finished.
There are definitely some ways that I prefer the PAON design. The proportions of old K. Rool were kind of weird, but the new design does make him more brutish and large which I like.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Hey you guys TheJwittz just released a video about Ridley and said he is creating a new series on his channel where he will discus the history of obscure Nintendo characters. He is taking request and this would be a good opportunity for us to ask for him to do King K. Rool next. TheJwittz has over 1 million subscribers and this would be our chance to introduce the king to a younger generation that may not be familiar with him.
https://youtu.be/VQcz1sIuhLQ
So lets go on over to the video and let our voices be heard!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If Rare K. Rool and Paon K. Rool were ever to meet and battle, I'd put my money on Rare K. Rool because of the golden belly which is likely armor and his bigger crown which I'm sure has a bit more impact than Paon's tiny thing. PAON is allright but for me Rare K. Rool is more stronger looking and intimidating. Heck, notice the cannonballs have no effect on him in DKC2 if you don't throw them in his blunderbuss.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman

I never put too much stock into what Etika says. He's incredibly uninformed about a lot of things and doesn't think things through. He's a really funny guy, but I tend to watch him for his reactions, rather than his opinions

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I can honestly see Sakurai going with a mixture of old and new K.Rool designs. A bigger crown especially if he throws it as it will be easier to see. The body and arms based on the PAON design featuring a chubby tail like his older SNES appearances. His eyes would be a bit larger perhaps since he has the famous eye tic and Sakurai may want to bring out his popular features. He will be most likely colored like the current Rool but I can imagine an alt color with a Gold belly to reference the classic look

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Hey you guys TheJwittz just released a video about Ridley and said he is creating a new series on his channel where he will discus the history of obscure Nintendo characters. He is taking request and this would be a good opportunity for us to ask for him to do King K. Rool next. TheJwittz has over 1 million subscribers and this would be our chance to introduce the king to a younger generation that may not be familiar with him.
https://youtu.be/VQcz1sIuhLQ
So lets go on over to the video and let our voices be heard!
Pretty cool video. Just commented "Do What's up with K. Rool!" You guys should too.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Well Artsy Omni responded to me after sending CyberWolfJV's King K. Ideal Size chart. Here is what he said:
artsy response.JPG

OH and Playtonic Games responded as well to the same pic:
playtonic response.JPG

They seem to have faith in King K. WINNING the ballot!!! :D

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

I was looking at the Baron King K. art and noticed something. Could this be his tail?
Baron_K._Roolenstein2..jpg

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well Artsy Omni responded to me after sending CyberWolfJV's King K. Ideal Size chart. Here is what he said:
View attachment 47220

View attachment 47221

Oooooh! I'm so happy that Playtonic at least saw my work! =D I'm pretty happy with their support too! ... We have both Retro and Playtonic at our side, it's like a dream! =D

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
As a fan of both the Muppets and K. Rool, these videos bring a huge smile to my face. Keep up the good word, fellas.

lordrogersmith6485

Smash Cadet
View attachment 47220

View attachment 47221

This thread has become all kinds of hype. It seems like with each new day, the King's chances scale higher and higher. :joyful:

Last edited:
found this on youtube of what k rools victory theme could sound like(its very low so you will have to turn up your volume all the way up....and no its not a jumpscare)

what do you think k rools theme will sound like

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
found this on youtube of what k rools victory theme could sound like(its very low so you will have to turn up your volume all the way up....and no its not a jumpscare)

what do you think k rools theme will sound like
I'd like to have his Victory Theme just being a re-arranged version from the last seconds of the DKC2 Title Screen! (This music is named "K. Rool Returns" after all... =P) ..
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1i8kScR43YE
But I'll take a heavy-metal version of DK/Diddy victory theme, if they go by the route of Bowser and Meta Knight.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd be surprised if they bothered to give new characters from established franchises their own victory theme, even ones like K. Rool where the normal one might be out of place.

Prove me wrong, Sakurai. First prove me wrong by adding K. Rool at all!

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'd be surprised if they bothered to give new characters from established franchises their own victory theme, even ones like K. Rool where the normal one might be out of place.

Prove me wrong, Sakurai. First prove me wrong by adding K. Rool at all!
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4darkpit::rosalina::4metaknight:

Ganondorf needs a unique victory theme, and K. Rool would if he gets in.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Would love to see King K. in the game. Huge amount of unique moveset potential, and just fits in over all

As to the bit about the DLC amount... At this point, I myself am just waiting until the end before any judgements. Sakurai has a habit of trolling after all... and steering us into believing one thing isn't going to happen, then that exact thing happens.. lol

Last edited:
im an eager beaver so i couldnt wait to show you guys my next project, heres a sneek peak at who i am working on next...

...thats right the kaptain is next. he should be done by tommorow or the next day if everything goes to plan

Last edited:
Top Bottom