• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I hope K.Rool makes it in as DLC but I am certainly not voting for him. I feel it would be a waste as my vote could go to someone who is also deserving of a roster spot but less likely to receive one. Nintendo would have to be crazy to not already know that he is one of the most requested.
I can definitely appreciate the reasoning, though I hope it does not get to a point where nobody votes for K Rool because they think everyone else is.

Looking at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ME...L5dyr-NYQ/viewanalytics?usp=already_responded, K Rool still holds a massive monopoly with 60% of the total votes. It's interesting seeing some of the singleton votes though, specifically a Tetris block for a playable character...

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
B Kannonball:
At first glance, it seems the same as Bowser Jr's Cannon, traveling in a straight line before falling down and dealing knockback to whoever it hits.

However, when the Kannonball touches the ground, it changes in a spikeball, damaging anyone who touches it.
Can be aimed downwards for an instant spikeball, or up for a deceiving lob.

If there's a Spikeball on the stage already, the Blunderbuss turns into a vacuum when using the move.
This vacuum can be used to place the balls somewhere else, or to store the spikeballs for another moment.

B2: Bouncing Ball
The Kannonball bounces one time when it touches the ground before it gains it spikes.
Can be aimed.

B3: Klobberball
The ball is bigger and does insane knockback, but it disappears when it touches the ground.

Overall analysis:
The Kannonball can be used in two ways: a normal projectile that acts as a wall, or a trap.
When used in the first way, King K. Rool would want to force the opponent in another trap with this move, instead of outright hitting them with the Kannonball.

When used the second way, King. K Rool gains stage control and can move the spikeballs around with the vacuum or hit opponents with them when stuck in a trap.

SideB: King's Krown
King K. Rool throws his crown.
The Krown is fully controllable and sweeps opponents with it. (Like Water Shuriken)

SideB2: Krown Kollapse
The Krown explodes when it hits an opponent, dealing heavy knockback.

SideB3: Kilometer Krown
The Krown travels twice as far, but cannot be controlled

Overall Analysis:
This attack is for getting the opponents in your heavier traps (like Klouds and Elekroctution).

UpB: Butt Bounce
Not a DownB, but an UpB is Butt Bounce.
The King bounces up and down three times, going higher each time.
Every time he drops on the ground, he makes a shockwave appear and buries opponents.
Except for the last time, where he comes down on his fat belly and KOs opponents unlucky to be smashed by his butt.

UpB2: Jump Bounce
This Kustom turns King K. Rool's Butt Bounce in DeDeDe's Super DeDeDe Jump.

UpB3: WaveBounce :troll:
The shockwaves are bigger and kill, but his butt won't bury nor kill

DownB: Gas Klouds
King K. Rool holds his Blunderbuss and shoots a gas Kloud in front of him.
Charging makes the effects of the Kloud different.

Stage 1: Freeze
Anyone who touches the Kloud freezes.

Stage 2: Lips Flower
Anyone who touches the Kloud gains a Lips Flower

Stage 3: Reverse Kontrols
Anyone who touches the Kloud has his controls reversed.

Stage 4: Slowed
Anyone touching the Kloud is slowed.

DownB2: KO Kloud
The Klouds now deal knockback, getting heavier at each charge

DownB3: Big Kloud
The Klouds are bigger, but the effects are smaller.

Overall Analysis:
This is K. Rools main trap, with the slowing Kloud being the bnb of K. Rools game.
This is what K. Rool wants ti achieve. He want opponents to fear that Kloud.
A good K. Rool would ruthlessly use that fear to trump the opponent.

The Freeze, Lip and Kontrol Klouds all have their uses too, and can instill fear to the opponent just the same.

Overall Playstyle
King K. Rool is our first trap character, and he fully depends on them.
His attacks are normally too slow to hit, but when the opponent is Elekrockuted or Klouded, these slow attacks become perfectly viable for killing.

Of course, the Kunning King isn't just waiting for opponents to step into a trap, he has his ways to do.
The Kannonball forms a wall that opponents can't deny, Spikeballs hinders mobility, his Krown outright forces his opponents in traps and his Butt Bounce's shockwaves makes the opponent make bad decisions.

And when the King succeeded in getting the opponent trapped, he has a plethora of options as well.
Big bellies, butts and Blunderbusses are great finishers, if the opponent is trapped.

@ BKupa666 BKupa666 asked for write-ups so I did that.

Last edited:

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
Hey Kutthroats! I've been getting as many people as I can to throw a vote for K. Rool, I feel it's justified! People I speak to about it tend to agree he should be in (which makes me very happy).

I'm genuinely excited about all this, it feels like we've been reacued from near death, and rose to the heavens in a glory that will live on through the ages!

Bit melodramatic but yeah I'm feeling really positive about it! We're going to get him this time...

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I feel like even if you can charge his blunderbuss cannons/gases, you'd be able to aim upwards or downwards.

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
In my case, almost everyone of my friends or family is voting for K. Rool, for example on my personal Facebook I have noticed this because I have around 300 friend who play Smash and I've been doing campaign for the King since 2013, now with this poll I see that the people is really voting for King K. Rool, it's sincerely incredible for me this situation, I'm really happy.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
If that force continue until october, K.Rool will be #1.
I just want Dixie to be #2 because that's the only scenario where is possible for us receive both.
I mean... she is quite cool too x_x
(In fact , Dixie is my favorite videogame character ever. I think K.Rool would be a cooler fighter anyway).

I want Dixie so badly :(. It kinda sucks that DK has been shafted this long. Both K. Rool and Dixie should have been newcomers in Brawl (after Diddy in Melee).
64 - > DK
Melee -> Diddy (WHY NOT ? We got Falco... DK was much bigger than Star fox, **** you Sakurai!!!)
Brawl -> K.Rool (He already deserves enough to be in Brawl... there's Wolf and 3 Kirby chars after all).
SmashU -> Dixie ( With her comeback at Tropical Freeze, she debuts in Smash too).
DLC - > Cranky

That's what we should receive in a world where Sakurai don't hate DK soo much.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If that force continue until october, K.Rool will be #1.
I just want Dixie to be #2 because that's the only scenario where is possible for us receive both.
I mean... she is quite cool too x_x
(In fact , Dixie is my favorite videogame character ever. I think K.Rool would be a cooler fighter anyway).

64 - > DK
Melee -> Diddy (WHY NOT ? We got Falco... DK was much bigger than Star fox, **** you Sakurai!!!)
Brawl -> K.Rool (He already deserves enough to be in Brawl... there's Wolf and 3 Kirby chars after all).
SmashU -> Dixie ( With her comeback at Tropical Freeze, she debuts in Smash too).
DLC - > Cranky

That's what we should receive in a world where Sakurai don't hate DK soo much.
I'd say Brawl -> Dixie & K. Rool.
Smash U -> Cranky (or maybe Jr or Funky).

Kirby got 2 newcomers in Brawl, and DK is a far more iconic franchise than Kirby.
I never, ever understood why neither Diddy nor Wario were in Melee.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Kirby got 2 newcomers in Brawl, and DK is a far more iconic franchise than Kirby.
Sakurai confirmed Wario was originally Dr.Mario but cut as he felt Wario could do better, Kirby was underrepped and loads of fans wanted MK and DDD

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown

Sakurai said he never planned to add Falco and Ganondorf at Melee until very late in development...
So Star Fox just win a spot because he thinks Falco was easy to add.
It would be weird Zelda franchise with Link and Zelda only too.

In Brawl development, Diddy+Dixie was a thing.
He decides to cut Dixie because Ice Climbers were already a "2 in one character".
And in a stupid way, DK only newcomer was Diddy. Makes no sense.

Now we have a game with FOUR Fire Emblem characters, THREE Kid:Icarus characters, and 2 Kong's.
I cry every single ****ing time I think about it.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
This is pretty much how I feel. Those two characters missing from Melee felt like a huge hole in the roster for me. I kind of understand Wario now, considering he's almost entirely based on his WarioWare incarnation in Brawl and SSB4, a fairly recent franchise which I believe didn't exist yet in the Melee times. Seeing both in Brawl felt awesome to me.

And then I started to think about who else would be a cool addition to the roster and King K. Rool quickly felt like one of the most obvious choices to me, well before I discovered the support he got on the internet. :colorful:

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Dixie and K. Rool should've been in Brawl, yup. Would've fit perfectly and would've made the game way more fun.

Sakurai definitely considered Wario. In some Interviews he said Wario would've been in the game as the Mario clone instead of Dr. Mario, but he thought Wario deserved better than tha and kinda wanted Dr. Mario in because they wanted to use his theme as well.

As for Diddy, he's a mystery, he didn't even have a trophy in the game even though many other DK characters had one. I guess it's safe to say that he was somewhat planned, maybe the Microsoft/RARE thing made them not include him.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Melee came at a bad time. If the rare buyout had taken place at some other time, Diddy would been in Melee. Though DK fell into a decay after the buyout, so I'm not sure about Brawl, but we probably could have got Dixie, similar to Lucas or Wolf.

:231:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I still don't see why Diddy couldn't have been in Smash 64.

I mean Jigglypuff was a secret character but no Diddy? DK was at the top of his game at that point. Mario got Luigi, DK could have gotten Diddy in that game

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I still don't see why Diddy couldn't have been in Smash 64.

I mean Jigglypuff was a secret character but no Diddy? DK was at the top of his game at that point. Mario got Luigi, DK could have gotten Diddy in that game
That might have been a bit tricky, considering Luigi and Jigglypuff were mostly added due to how easy they were to make (Luigi was a clone of Mario, and Jigglypuff was built off of Kirby's simplistic model). Diddy wouldn't have had a good base like those two did.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
That might have been a bit tricky, considering Luigi and Jigglypuff were mostly added due to how easy they were to make (Luigi was a clone of Mario, and Jigglypuff was built off of Kirby's simplistic model). Diddy wouldn't have had a good base like those two did.
True but Ness and Falcon were original, I think hey could have snuck him in there lol.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
who cares about diddy at that point, King K rool is the one we hav to get into smash!

If he gets in, I sincerely hope they'll base his playstyle around the blunderbuss & the other tricks in his arsenal.

for neutral B, he could shoot a bouncing cannonball
side B could be his charging move from DKC2, also useable as a recovery move
up B can either be a giant jump ot his helipack fro DKC3
down B could be a counter move, with K Rool feigning death just to sucker punch the crap outta his opponents

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
You know what I thought, do you think that Nintendo or Sakurai would consider K.Rools blunderbuss as depicting a realistic gun? Thus not using his Blunderbuss or maybe even changing it to a canon in his hand instead? Maybe sort of like Clump had in DKC2.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I inclined to say no since it's a very cartoony gun and it doesn't shoot bullets. But if it did come down to it they would most likely swap for a Kannon's Kannon.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
You know what I thought, do you think that Nintendo or Sakurai would consider K.Rools blunderbuss as depicting a realistic gun? Thus not using his Blunderbuss or maybe even changing it to a canon in his hand instead? Maybe sort of like Clump had in DKC2.
I don't see it being an issue. If Snake's rocket launcher in Brawl was fine, then I don't see the problem with the blunderbuss.

Steelia

Smash Champion
If it wasn't a problem in DKC2, it shouldn't be a problem in Smash.

cybersai

Smash Ace
You guys do realize Sakurai is the creator of Kirby, right? Of course Kirby was going to get two new reps in Brawl, Sakurai even did Dedede's voice. Sakurai also favors series he worked on (Kid Icarus), or series he apparently loves (like Fire Emblem).

My guess is Mario and Pokemon will always get at least one new rep every game, because they're the two biggest franchises. Donkey Kong, Zelda and Metroid always needed more reps and were always excluded.

Dixie definitely should have been in either Brawl or Smash U's base game though.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You guys do realize Sakurai is the creator of Kirby, right? Of course Kirby was going to get two new reps in Brawl, Sakurai even did Dedede's voice. Sakurai also favors series he worked on (Kid Icarus), or series he apparently loves (like Fire Emblem).

My guess is Mario and Pokemon will always get at least one new rep every game, because they're the two biggest franchises.
Mario didn't get a newcomer in Brawl, which is an exception.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

My guess is Mario and Pokemon will always get at least one new rep every game, because they're the two biggest franchises. Donkey Kong, Zelda and Metroid always needed more reps and were always excluded.

Dixie definitely should have been in either Brawl or Smash U's base game though.
Dedede was cut in 64 because Sakurai didn't want to be biased. Dedede was cut in Melee as Sakurai thought Marth would be better. People were upset Dedede and Meta Knight weren't playable afterwards

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I don't see it being an issue. If Snake's rocket launcher in Brawl was fine, then I don't see the problem with the blunderbuss.
If it wasn't a problem in DKC2, it shouldn't be a problem in Smash.
"As you all know Snake walks around with a gun, but with Super Smash Bros. I didn't want to bring in a lot of real weapons. So that was a real challenge. But conversely, if we could use things like rocket launchers and other explosives, not only would that be fitting for Snake, but it would work for the other characters."

"We design the Ray Gun carefully each time to ensure it doesn't look like a real gun."

Hopefully the Blunderbuss is cartoony enough to be included.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Mario didn't get a newcomer in Brawl, which is an exception.
I'm sure Sakurai sees Wario as a Mario character. Its probably the same reason there will never be any Wario Ware playable characters. He sees Yoshi and Wario as part of the Mario franchise.

Let's just hope he doesn't see Donkey Kong as part of the Mario franchise, because that might be why it was always underrepped.

StormC

Smash Hero
Jetpac is still in the game. The general assumption is Nintendo and Microsoft worked it out.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I want Dixie so badly :(. It kinda sucks that DK has been shafted this long. Both K. Rool and Dixie should have been newcomers in Brawl (after Diddy in Melee).
I agree... I'm still worried about Dixie, but honestly I kinda want her less now than I did before. But I still feel that we should get both K. Rool and Dixie either way.

AbsoluteZer0Nova

Smash Cadet
I'm sure Sakurai sees Wario as a Mario character. Its probably the same reason there will never be any Wario Ware playable characters. He sees Yoshi and Wario as part of the Mario franchise.

Let's just hope he doesn't see Donkey Kong as part of the Mario franchise, because that might be why it was always underrepped.
Bowser Jr. really should have been the new Mario rep in Brawl and that would have made sense because the Sunshine stage was in there, but for some reason he was overlooked...

Last edited:
Top Bottom