• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I'm okay with that, so long as it doesn't create a sense of dissent or schism in the community. Friendly competition and healthy rivalry is good and develops a dynamic relationship between supporters, but getting at eachother's throats is dangerous and potentially inflammatory between like-minded supporters.

Just sayin', but I'm sure we can be polite about it~ :3
thanks but to be honest I don't know how all of this happend to me. this did never happen to me before 2015 I didn't start the whole war all I did first was just having my opinion and asked some questions (before the whole things has changed into a war and some reply that have nothing about what I have talked about) but something is telling me that some people on smashboards will always remember me as a bad person and ignorant I am starting to see this happening when I visit a thread and reply to someone there, for example; yesterday I did replay to someone who asked about "where to find crono thread?" So I did show him the link then after a hour I did comeback to the thread and I saw a random user who made some jokes about me for no reason [spoiler/]

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
thanks but to be honest I don't know how all of this happend to me. this did never happen to me before 2015 I didn't start the whole war all I did first was just having my opinion and asked some questions (before the whole things has changed into a war and some reply that have nothing about what I have talked about) but something is telling me that some people on smashboards will always remember me as a bad person and ignorant I am starting to see this happening when I visit a thread and reply to someone there, for example; yesterday I did replay to someone who asked about "where to find crono thread?" So I did show him the link then after a hour I did comeback to the thread and I saw a random user who made some jokes about me for no reason [spoiler/]
People have a distaste towards you because you keep saying Geno isn't third party and simply won't listen to evidence. I've got nothing against the little guy but SE hates their fans

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
thanks but to be honest I don't know how all of this happend to me. this did never happen to me before 2015 I didn't start the whole war all I did first was just having my opinion and asked some questions (before the whole things has changed into a war and some reply that have nothing about what I have talked about) but something is telling me that some people on smashboards will always remember me as a bad person and ignorant I am starting to see this happening when I visit a thread and reply to someone there, for example; yesterday I did replay to someone who asked about "where to find crono thread?" So I did show him the link then after a hour I did comeback to the thread and I saw a random user who made some jokes about me for no reason
...Huh? I wasn't pointing the finger, I'm just saying in general.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think the only way we can be screwed over is little kids (like around 10-12 years old) all somehow vote for the same character and overtake it all, lol.

That being said I don't think Sakurai HAS to choose the top voted character. If that were the case Ridley would be playable by now.
I'd have to say something; I understand where you are coming from, but Sakurai and Nintendo did say that if they tried to put him in, or maybe change his size, it would not be Ridley. I believe those kinds of problems do not apply to K. Rool, so they should have far less trouble working with him than they would with Ridley. Just saying.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'd have to say something; I understand where you are coming from, but Sakurai and Nintendo did say that if they tried to put him in, or maybe change his size, it would not be Ridley. I believe those kinds of problems do not apply to K. Rool, so they should have far less trouble working with him than they would with Ridley. Just saying.
Sakurai's reason on Ridley means nothing but show that he dislike the character, why else would he use wingspan as an argument and make him a little *****? Inb4 Sakurai says K.Rool's too big and adds Hades

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sakurai's reason on Ridley means nothing but show that he dislike the character, why else would he use wingspan as an argument and make him a little *****? Inb4 Sakurai says K.Rool's too big and adds Hades
I guess you can say that. Still, at least the same kinds of things can't be easily said about K. Rool.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Can we not get into a Ridley debate? Just, for once, can we NOT?
!!! Sorry. Didn't mean to bring that up, though I was not intending to debate about it, either. I just wanted to say something, that's all.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Damn. 2 out of the big 3 is all right by me. Let's hope the big K. gets the place in the spotlights that he deserves.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
!!! Sorry. Didn't mean to bring that up, though I was not intending to debate about it, either. I just wanted to say something, that's all.
No worries, it just irks me that these debates pop up so ubiquitously and invariably become hair-pulling contests.

Haven't seen you in ages! But yeah, if we can get 2 of the big 3 it's good enough
I never even thought of that. That would be amazing, a nice throwback to the pre-release speculation days~

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
While i feel K. rool would be an amazing addition, I feel we would get the Wario threatment, considering some of his attacks specials are already reused by some people of the cast (Cannon Balls works just like Bowser Jr. Special, while the crown thrown would be too similar to the Link's Boomerangs, for give some example). Maybe his moves would be guetto'd heavily for making them feel different enough, but nothing is for sure.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
While i feel K. rool would be an amazing addition, I feel we would get the Wario threatment, considering some of his attacks specials are already reused by some people of the cast (Cannon Balls works just like Bowser Jr. Special, while the crown thrown would be too similar to the Link's Boomerangs, for give some example). Maybe his moves would be guetto'd heavily for making them feel different enough, but nothing is for sure.
K. Rool's various personalities offer him a wide range of unique specials.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I see his boomerang crown toss as a fancy tilt/smash attack that wouldn't do a lot of knockback but would hit twice is at the right distance for max damage.

AbsoluteZer0Nova

Smash Cadet
Well King K. Rool's Blunderbuss isn't just limited to cannon balls, I mean there is always the status-afflicting mists. He could use both cannon balls and the mists similar to how King Dedede used to have Waddle Dees and Gordos for his Side B.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, I disagree, but first I kinda wanna know what the Wario treatment is.

Who's the big three?
K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo; the big three of the speculation scene.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Well King K. Rool's Blunderbuss isn't just limited to cannon balls, I mean there is always the status-afflicting mists. He could use both cannon balls and the mists similar to how King Dedede used to have Waddle Dees and Gordos for his Side B.
"Used to" being kind of important here, they removed the RNG aspect of that move for a reason. The move would probably get the Megaman treatment and have several highly different projectiles, each limited to a custom move.

EDIT: Looking at some footage, the kannonballs are actually spiky balls. The move doesn't have to work like BJ's, instead being a charge-less attack that drops the kannonball at some point as a trap. The kannonball could retract the spikes too, and they could perhaps be used as throwing weapons. Who knows?

Who's the big three?
Ridley, King K. Rool and Mewtwo, All three major characters in whatever franchise they originate them from, and all three of them highly popular.

Last edited:

AbsoluteZer0Nova

Smash Cadet
"Used to" being kind of important here, they removed the RNG aspect of that move for a reason. The move would probably get the Megaman treatment and have several highly different projectiles, each limited to a custom move.
Oh that's right. Well there's always Samus's Side B route to use for it in determining what to use like cannon balls being the super missiles and mists being the homing missiles, so how about that?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not sure about Specials, but Wario's attack speed would go a long way toward making K. Rool a viable contender at a higher level.

If anyone has any great ideas for K. Rool's specials, be sure to submit writeups detailing them. I've put in the Kredits Final Smash and Death Rool already, heh.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Well, I disagree, but first I kinda wanna know what the Wario treatment is.
The fact of representing a character with a moveset that doesn't represent their games and just reflecting personality, like how Wario doesn't has the Shoulder Bash or other moves from the wario land game (and giving him a farting joke instead), or how Ganondorf dlacks sword usage on this moveset, which i think it could be the case for K. rool, despite his potential for moveset

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Banjo-Kazooie is one of my favorite games of all-time, but I agree with you. Unless Microsoft allows Nintendo to re-release Rare's N64 catalog on the Wii U Virtual Console, having Banjo as a playable character just seems... wrong. I mean, it's easy for Microsoft to sit back and say "we'd like to see Banjo in Smash." Why wouldn't they? It's free advertising! It makes literally zero business sense for Nintendo to add Banjo to roster unless they buy the IP outright or come to an agreement with Microsoft, allowing for the digital redistribution of games they published under the Rare label. It feels almost treasonous otherwise, and Smash ain't no joke.
Absolutely agree with this. Of course Phil Spencer is ok with seeing Banjo in Smash, it'll only help him promote the next Banjo game if/when it comes. What does Nintendo get out of it? Some pleased fans and some DLC/amiibo profits (I would imagine some of that money would go to Microsoft as well). Not worth it. Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Sonic all have good reason to appear in this game. Same reason why Snake was cut. 3rd parties need to benefit both comapnies

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The fact of representing a character with a moveset that doesn't represent their games and just reflecting personality, like how Wario doesn't has the Shoulder Bash or other moves from the wario land game (and giving him a farting joke instead), or how Ganondorf dlacks sword usage on this moveset, which i think it could be the case for K. rool, despite his potential for moveset
About Wario, Relax Alax said it best, his quick and zany moveset represents Warioware

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't think this would be an issue for K. Rool; he has so many ways to use all the boss fight mechanics and other moves in a way other fighters don't, even if assets are similar in some respects. I think he has the tools and personality to work perfectly as a trap character, and hopefully Sakurai sees this as well and doesn't just make him krazy Kroc bowser.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I kame to the realisation earlier that whilst K.Rool kould easily be implemented as a klone of Bowser, he kould also (special moves wise at least) also be implemented as a semi-klone of Dedede; he has the vakuum, the spiked kannonballs instead of Gordos, the jump and ground pound, with the only thing missing being the Down Special.

Obviously none of this is ideal. But this is why I think we should kome up with a kollaborative moveset which we link to in our votes, to really push the uniqueness we want - K. Rool as a reskin of an existing heavyweight isn't much better than no Rool at all. Moreover, if we had one of these we kould link to, we kould also use it as something to konvince people who are on the fence as to whether he's a good kharakter choice or not. I have a load to start with. It's already fairly kollaborative as a lot of the ideas inkluded there are other peoples. I am not sure which kredit goes to who (Shoutouts to @ BKupa666 BKupa666 for a lot of it though, especially the grab).

Move / Name / Origin / Time / Description

The moves are labelled by the key above. If a move is taken from one of the games, then the time represents the time you can see it being used in said game in one of the videos below:

DKC1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvpRdZJpZnU
DKC2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky6mkDQA2z4
DKC3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgHo678iYpU
DK64 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bK41EFtxA
King of Swing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnA8a-QoPC8&oref=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnA8a-QoPC8&has_verified=1

SPECIAL ATTACKS:

King K. Rool's special attacks focus on his most iconic tools and gadgets from his DKC boss battles, giving him a set of slow but powerful ranged options which set him apart from similar heavyweight characters.

Neutral Special - Blunderbuss Kannon - DKC2 - 0:06 - King K. Rool takes out his blunderbuss, charges and then fires a cannonball from it, which is affected by gravity. Its speed, knockback and damage are affected by length of charge. Upon striking the ground, it becomes an item in a similar vein to ROB's gyro. K. Rool cannot fire another one until this disappears. The direction of fire can be angled.

Side Special - Krown Toss - DKC1 - 0:07 - King K. Rool throws his crown out to the side as a boomerang. It bounces off surfaces, and the direction of throw can be angled. The closest comparison is Toon Link's Side Special, though the crown would have different properties.

Up Special - Kopter - DKC3 - 2:10 - King K. Rool takes out his helicopter pack from DKC3 and uses it to soar upwards. The helicopter blades are damaging to foes who try to strike from above.

Down Special - Inkoming! - DKC1 - 0:38 - King K. Rool stomps the ground in front of him, causing a cannonball to fall down from the sky above in front of him. The stomp causes minor damage (and can spike like Luigi's down taunt). The cannonball falls from the top so is useful for attacking airborne opponents. It can also be useful in guarding the ledge in a similar way to Villager's Bowling Ball attack, though it has farther to fall and as such is more predictable and easier to react to.

SMASH ATTACKS:

King K. Rool is notable for having strong, disjointed smashes which are balanced by having very exploitable weaknesses as homages to his boss battles.

Side Smash - Vakuum - DKC2 - 0:13 - During the charging animation of this attack, K.Rool activates the vacuum on his blunderbuss, sucking in opponents and items. During this period, he has super armour. Then, he unleashes an explosion from his blunderbuss with a strong disjointed hitbox, the strength of which varies depending on the distance from the blunderbuss barrel. However, if he is hit with a projectile during the charging period, his blunderbuss explodes, causing damage.

Up Smash - Kround Pound - DK64 - 1:57 - Whilst charging, K.Rool crouches. Then, he leaps upwards, with an invincible damaging hitbox on his crown. Whilst falling, he has a spiking hitbox that buries anything underneath him. Upon landing, he generates shockwaves, the magnitude of which depend on the charge. This is strong and difficult to punish if he lands, but leaves him very open at the sides during the attack.

Down Smash - Elektrokution - DKC3 - 2:50 - Whilst charging, K. Rool takes out a remote. Then, he activates it, electrifying the ground in front of him and stunning opponents standing there for a follow-up attack in a similar fashion to Zero Suit Samus' paralyser. He is completely open with no non grounded hitbox during the attack, however.

STANDARD ATTACKS:

King K. Rool's standard moveset primarily takes inspiration from his boxing in DK64. This forms a weaker but more speedy part of his moveset with which he tries deal with opponents who manage to close the distance to him.

Jab - Kombo - DK64 - 2:14 - King K. Rool does a multi-hit boxing jab combo. Low damage and knockback, but fast.

Dash Attack - Krash! - DKC1 - 0:12 - King K. Rool charges forwards, ramming the opponent. To make this more visually distinct from his run, it could involve his head lowered, charging with his crown, or a leap forward, taken from the games.

Side Tilt - Katch! - DK64 - 4:10 - King K. Rool punches forward. His boxing glove also flies off his fist, giving some extra range. Whilst this glove is disjointed with no hurtbox, it is also extremely weak, similar to one of Mega Man's pellets. This is compensated for by extra ending lag on the move, making it easy to punish.

Up Tilt - Upperkut - DK64 - 15:41 - King K. Rool delivers a strong uppercut as he does to Chunky Kong in DK64 (though you cannot see it fully in this video). A good out of shield punish.

Down Tilt - Send Me a Postkard! - Original - K. Rool quickly swipes at the opponents legs, tripping them. If he is using a tail design, then using the tail, else just a low swipe using boxing gloves.

AERIAL ATTACKS:

K. Rool's aerial attacks are mostly original, though take heavy inspiration from his boss appearances. In general they are fairly slow, making him more susceptible to combos.

Neutral Aerial - Kurling - King Of Swing - 1:15 - K. Rool spins in midair. This is a very fast aerial covering all directions that deals low damage and knockback but breaks combos well.

Forward Aerial - Klaw Swipe - Original - K. Rool swipes the air in front of him using either claws or boxing gloves. If claws, then it is slow but powerful, like Bowser. If gloves, it is faster but less powerful.

Backwards Aerial - Momentum Kancelling - DKC2 - 0:11 - K. Rool fires his blunderbuss behind him, propelling him forwards in midair. Improves horizontal survivability as it cancels some momentum. Similar to ROB.

Up Aerial - Kopter Kutter - Original - K. Rool's copter blades extend upwards and spin. This disjointed attack is similar to Rosalina's up Aerial.

Down Aerial - Kannon Pogo - Original - King K. Rool fires his blunderbuss downwards, spiking opponents and propelling him upwards slightly. This is virtually identical to ROB's down aerial.

MISCELLANEOUS:

This contains the rest of K. Rool's attributes.

Krawl - K. Rool can crawl along the ground like a crocodile. (Admit it; you want to see this)

Grab - K. Rool brings a barrel down on his opponents head, trapping them in an animation very similar to Villager's grab that is inspired by his capture of Diddy Kong.

Final Smash - Kredits - DKC1 - 1:40 - K. Rool plays dead and the kredits roll. These form rising platforms that the opponents must escape before it drags them off the ceiling. Other alternatives involve the Blast-O-Matic, King Kut Out, KAOS, and King Kraid Rool (DKC Jungle Climber) but the Kredits seem the most fun and original to me.

EDIT: Konveniently, this seems to be what we're already diskussing. Also I have no idea why the double spoilers are happening in there.

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
About Wario, Relax Alax said it best, his quick and zany moveset represents Warioware
While this is true (Very good video), we mean that we wish he got actual moves from his games, since almost his entire moveset is made-up except for a few moves like his Up-Smash, Back-Throw, and Side-Special. I desperately hope this doesn't happen to K. Rool, he has sooo much potential. I mean, I'll take a K. Rool with the Wario treatment over no K. Rool, but he has such a large pool of moves to take from it'd be disappointing

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
All the more reason to always list out your reasons for his inclusion. Movesets, Final smashes, costumes etc. I'll be going to my university tomorrow and hopefully get a lot of people to vote K. Rool.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I came to the realisation earlier that whilst K.Rool could easily be implemented as a clone of Bowser, he could also (special moves wise at least) also be implemented as a semi-clone of Dedede; he has the vacuum, the spiked cannonballs instead of Gordos, the jump and ground pound, with the only thing missing being the Down Special.

Obviously none of this is ideal. But this is why I think we should come up with a collaborative moveset which we link to in our votes, to really push the uniqueness we want - K. Rool as a reskin of an existing heavyweight isn't much better than no Rool at all. Moreover, if we had one of these we could link to, we could also use it as something to convince people who are on the fence as to whether he's a good character choice or not. I have a load to start with. It's already fairly collaborative as a lot of the ideas included there are other peoples. I am not sure which kredit goes to who (Shoutouts to @ BKupa666 BKupa666 for a lot of it though, especially the grab).

Move / Name / Origin / Time / Description

The moves are labelled by the key above. If a move is taken from one of the games, then the time represents the time you can see it being used in said game in one of the videos below:

DKC1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvpRdZJpZnU
DKC2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky6mkDQA2z4
DKC3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgHo678iYpU
DK64 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bK41EFtxA
King of Swing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnA8a-QoPC8&oref=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnA8a-QoPC8&has_verified=1

SPECIAL ATTACKS:

King K. Rool's special attacks focus on his most iconic tools and gadgets from his DKC boss battles, giving him a set of slow but powerful ranged options which set him apart from similar heavyweight characters.

Neutral Special - Blunderbuss Kannon - DKC2 - 0:06 - King K. Rool takes out his blunderbuss, charges and then fires a cannonball from it, which is affected by gravity. Its speed, knockback and damage are affected by length of charge. Upon striking the ground, it becomes an item in a similar vein to ROB's gyro. K. Rool cannot fire another one until this disappears. The direction of fire can be angled.

Side Special - Krown Toss - DKC1 - 0:07 - King K. Rool throws his crown out to the side as a boomerang. It bounces off surfaces, and the direction of throw can be angled. The closest comparison is Toon Link's Side Special, though the crown would have different properties.

Up Special - Kopter - DKC3 - 2:10 - King K. Rool takes out his helicopter pack from DKC3 and uses it to soar upwards. The helicopter blades are damaging to foes who try to strike from above.

Down Special - Inkoming! - DKC1 - 0:38 - King K. Rool stomps the ground in front of him, causing a cannonball to fall down from the sky above in front of him. The stomp causes minor damage (and can spike like Luigi's down taunt). The cannonball falls from the top so is useful for attacking airborne opponents. It can also be useful in guarding the ledge in a similar way to Villager's Bowling Ball attack, though it has farther to fall and as such is more predictable and easier to react to.

SMASH ATTACKS:

King K. Rool is notable for having strong, disjointed smashes which are balanced by having very exploitable weaknesses as homages to his boss battles.

Side Smash - Vakuum - DKC2 - 0:13 - During the charging animation of this attack, K.Rool activates the vacuum on his blunderbuss, sucking in opponents and items. During this period, he has super armour. Then, he unleashes an explosion from his blunderbuss with a strong disjointed hitbox, the strength of which varies depending on the distance from the blunderbuss barrel. However, if he is hit with a projectile during the charging period, his blunderbuss explodes, causing damage.

Up Smash - Kround Pound - DK64 - 1:57 - Whilst charging, K.Rool crouches. Then, he leaps upwards, with an invincible damaging hitbox on his crown. Whilst falling, he has a spiking hitbox that buries anything underneath him. Upon landing, he generates shockwaves, the magnitude of which depend on the charge. This is strong and difficult to punish if he lands, but leaves him very open at the sides during the attack.

Down Smash - Elektrokution - DKC3 - 2:50 - Whilst charging, K. Rool takes out a remote. Then, he activates it, electrifying the ground in front of him and stunning opponents standing there for a follow-up attack in a similar fashion to Zero Suit Samus' paralyser. He is completely open with no non grounded hitbox during the attack, however.

STANDARD ATTACKS:

King K. Rool's standard moveset primarily takes inspiration from his boxing in DK64. This forms a weaker but more speedy part of his moveset with which he tries deal with opponents who manage to close the distance to him.

Jab - Kombo - DK64 - 2:14 - King K. Rool does a multi-hit boxing jab combo. Low damage and knockback, but fast.

Dash Attack - Krash! - DKC1 - 0:12 - King K. Rool charges forwards, ramming the opponent. To make this more visually distinct from his run, it could involve his head lowered, charging with his crown, or a leap forward, taken from the games.

Side Tilt - Katch! - DK64 - 4:10 - King K. Rool punches forward. His boxing glove also flies off his fist, giving some extra range. Whilst this glove is disjointed with no hurtbox, it is also extremely weak, similar to one of Mega Man's pellets. This is compensated for by extra ending lag on the move, making it easy to punish.

Up Tilt - Upperkut - DK64 - 15:41 - King K. Rool delivers a strong uppercut as he does to Chunky Kong in DK64 (though you cannot see it fully in this video). A good out of shield punish.

Down Tilt - Send Me a Postkard! - Original - K. Rool quickly swipes at the opponents legs, tripping them. If he is using a tail design, then using the tail, else just a low swipe using boxing gloves.

AERIAL ATTACKS:

K. Rool's aerial attacks are mostly original, though take heavy inspiration from his boss appearances. In general they are fairly slow, making him more susceptible to combos.

Neutral Aerial - Kurling - King Of Swing - 1:15 - K. Rool spins in midair. This is a very fast aerial covering all directions that deals low damage and knockback but breaks combos well.

Forward Aerial - Klaw Swipe - Original - K. Rool swipes the air in front of him using either claws or boxing gloves. If claws, then it is slow but powerful, like Bowser. If gloves, it is faster but less powerful.

Backwards Aerial - Momentum Kancelling - DKC2 - 0:11 - K. Rool fires his blunderbuss behind him, propelling him forwards in midair. Improves horizontal survivability as it cancels some momentum. Similar to ROB.

Up Aerial - Kopter Kutter - Original - K. Rool's copter blades extend upwards and spin. This disjointed attack is similar to Rosalina's up Aerial.

Down Aerial - Kannon Pogo - Original - King K. Rool fires his blunderbuss downwards, spiking opponents and propelling him upwards slightly. This is virtually identical to ROB's down aerial.

MISCELLANEOUS:

This contains the rest of K. Rool's attributes.

Krawl - K. Rool can crawl along the ground like a crocodile. (Admit it; you want to see this)

Grab - K. Rool brings a barrel down on his opponents head, trapping them in an animation very similar to Villager's grab that is inspired by his capture of Diddy Kong.

Final Smash - Kredits - DKC1 - 1:40 - K. Rool plays dead and the kredits roll. These form rising platforms that the opponents must escape before it drags them off the ceiling. Other alternatives involve the Blast-O-Matic, King Kut Out, KAOS, and King Kraid Rool (DKC Jungle Climber) but the Kredits seem the most fun and original to me.

EDIT: Konveniently, this seems to be what we're already discussing. Also I have no idea why the double spoilers are happening in there.

7.10/10 Not enough K

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Not sure about Specials, but Wario's attack speed would go a long way toward making K. Rool a viable contender at a higher level.

If anyone has any great ideas for K. Rool's specials, be sure to submit writeups detailing them. I've put in the Kredits Final Smash and Death Rool already, heh.
Very well then!

So let's see.
NEUTRAL B
BLUNDERBUSS 1: BALLS ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION
To differentiate from BJ, the kannonballs cannot be charged up. Instead, they are spiky and drop fairly early. To make up for the fact that they don't go very far, they instead extend the spikes, like in DKC2, becoming nasty traps that impede the movement of enemies. Essentially bananas, but nastier overall. Up to two balls can be placed at once, after which the blunderbuss will just whiff. Standing next to the balls and pressing B will quickly suck them up.
The kannonballs may also retract their spikes after a while, however, making them throwable items (or perhaps more akin to footballs, hitting them moves them about).

BLUNDERBUSS 2: BALLS+GAS
Same as above, but with only one kannonball out at the time. When the kannonball is out, K. Rool can fire clouds of gas. I'm not sure what the status effect of the gas should be, freezing would work quite well because it already is a status effect and its effectiveness scales with the damage taken by the victim. Slow seems kind of nasty, but I think it'd fit better with K. Rool overall. Switching controls is cruel and I don't think we should do that.

BLUNDERBUSS 3: BALLS+VACUUM ON COMMAND
More in line with the bossfight. Like 2, only one ball is out at a time, but instead of firing gas the blunderbuss will start sucking things in a la pink puffball. It'd be akin to Villager's pocket, but only with thrown items and projectiles. The item can then be fired at a higher set velocity with no dropoff.

CUSTOMS: Either bouncy balls or spinny balls. Or just make those three custom variants.

Personally I'd go with either first or second version as the neutral B. Two balls are much more pressuring than one, and offers more of a focus on trapping. However, the gas attack offers much more utility. I'm not sure how I feel about the vacuum, it's more the Villager's schtick.

I'm uncertain what to do with the other B's.
Up B could be the helicopter thing. I'd like to have some sort of hoist-by-his-own-petard thing going on, reflecting on the way you defeat him in the games. Attacking the backpack makes him drop out of the sky. Alternatively he could fly on his blunderbuss, which is way sillier.
Side B could be krown toss, but it doesn't really offer a whole lot other than being a projectile to have out while you can't shoot balls, in which case it would work best in combination with BLUNDERBUSS 1. Maybe he suffers from more damage from above while the crown is gone? I'd prefer not to be honest.
Down B could involve the falling cannonballs, or invisibility. Either could work really.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
They'd literally have to go out of their way to give K. Rool the "Wario treatment", and I don't see that happening. At the very least, I think we can expect to see the crown throw from Donkey Kong Country, since Sakurai likes taking inspiration from a character's most iconic appearance. The blunderbuss is also a no-brainer, and DKC2 is widely considered to be the best game in the series. They'd be idiotic not to take advantage of the alter ego gimmick, because that's what makes K. Rool such a unique contender in the first place.

I think Donkey Kong 64 is probably the furthest back they'll go for moveset ideas, which means don't expect to see references to Barrel Blast. That's probably for the best. Isn't DK64 allegedly Sakurai's favorite DK game? After all, he was the one who brought back Diddy's Peanut Popgun and Rocketbarrel Pack. I could see K. Rool's Final Smash being some variation on the Blast-o-Matic rather than the much lauded Kredits. It would also be cool if they acknowledged the boxer outfit. Like... for K. Rool's reveal trailer, show him interacting with Little Mac. If they're going to add K. Rool, they better do him justice.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
K.Rool is the type of character that I think if Sakurai or dev.team decides to build ...
Moveset would not be a problem.They build a good one for Duck Hunt and Villager.
Because of this, I don't think they would read the votes for ideas, but you can try and be happy if K.Rool arrives with your moves.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
So I did the simple math, and I think if we're lucky we could get all of his alter egos with 1 alternate skin for each. If the very least, we'll get just the King and Kaptain with 4 skins each. If the former is true, I wanna see Krusha K. Rool battle Little Mac in a reveal trailer.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
So I did the simple math, and I think if we're lucky we could get all of his alter egos with 1 alternate skin for each. If the very least, we'll get just the King and Kaptain with 4 skins each. If the former is true, I wanna see Krusha K. Rool battle Little Mac in a reveal trailer.
I feel like the 2 of each alter-ego is too few for standard team colours. If I had to hope for something it'd probably be this:
- Standard
- Blue
- Red
- Krusha
- Kaptain
- Kaptain colour 2
- Baron
- Baron colour 2 (black lab coat, anyone?)

However if K. Rool gets in I would expect the 4/4 split though with perhaps a Krusha costume for added measure.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I think K. Rool's alt colors will be similar to Bowser. We'll probably see things like "red, dark green, black, blue" etc. alt colors for him.

I can't wait to play as a "blue" King K. Rool. I think that Bowser alt looks great and it should look good on K rool too

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
I hope K.Rool makes it in as DLC but I am certainly not voting for him. I feel it would be a waste as my vote could go to someone who is also deserving of a roster spot but less likely to receive one. Nintendo would have to be crazy to not already know that he is one of the most requested.

Top Bottom