• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

cybersai

Smash Ace
I think the only way we can be screwed over is little kids (like around 10-12 years old) all somehow vote for the same character and overtake it all, lol.

That being said I don't think Sakurai HAS to choose the top voted character. If that were the case Ridley would be playable by now.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It is possible yes, but as I've said. I, personally, have to see it to believe it is all. Especially for 3rd parties.
I would've said that about Snake pre-Brawl, considering all he did was advertise MGS4, a PS4 exclusive especially. But yeah, not much we can do now.

I think the only way we can be screwed over is little kids (like around 10-12 years old) all somehow vote for the same character and overtake it all, lol.

That being said I don't think Sakurai HAS to choose the top voted character. If that were the case Ridley would be playable by now.
Which is of course why it's important we use our 500 characters to stress why the King rules the roost!

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
The same characters (of different times) showed up in leaks continually, too. Bandwagoning means nothing, false sources do it to garnish false merit, and gain visibility because it is more likely to be "perceived" as true.
Assuming anyone actually went to each board and tallied the votes, actually (ya know, however that Santa-Claus-Explanation were justified);

-Smash website goers represent who knows how small of a fraction of actual votes
-I guarantee no one on those sites is checking all the different languages
-We don't know what merit votes are counted by/how many count
-Not everyone voices who they vote for
-A single, well written explanation, may trump everything

In short, the fake results show false information and spread false expectation.
These polls legit or not, do in fact, tell us what is trending.
It is no surprise, hopefully to anyone, that King K is topping them, but okay okay. We got it. That can be our pessimism for the day..

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Don't know why it's a big deal anyways. I always thought the "leaks" were just there for the hell of it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The same characters (of different times) showed up in leaks continually, too. Bandwagoning means nothing, false sources do it to garnish false merit, and gain visibility because it is more likely to be "perceived" as true.
Assuming anyone actually went to each board and tallied the votes, actually (ya know, however that Santa-Claus-Explanation were justified);

-Smash website goers represent who knows how small of a fraction of actual votes
-I guarantee no one on those sites is checking all the different languages
-We don't know what merit votes are counted by/how many count
-Not everyone voices who they vote for
-A single, well written explanation, may trump everything

In short, the fake results show false information and spread false expectation.
Exactly. Hence why every Rool vote matters between now and October, no matter how big an advantage he seems to have.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I mean, we do actually have multi-lingual speakers checking the fandoms of their countries. And alot of the results popping up are polls of "Who did you vote for?" on websites.

Most of the people who'll go out of their way to vote consistently for popular characters are big Smash fans anyway. From the type that doesn't give a **** about Smash speculation but likes Smash Bros., you'll get requests for returning characters, and stuff like Goku and Bill from Contra. There's going to be such a massive pool of random names from the non-speculation crowd I'm not as concerned.

Watching trends around the world is going to be more important, and so far our intel has the King doing well.
I'm absolutely sure that our flock of heptalingual associates spend their time accounting for every individual websites echoed vocalization of a system for which we have no rubric.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
These polls legit or not, do in fact, tell us what is trending.
It is no surprise, hopefully to anyone, that King K is topping them, but okay okay. We got it. That can be our pessimism for the day..
I'm NOT trying to be pessimistic, and I honestly deject the notion that adding an air of honest reality can be perceived as such.

The moment the poll was announce, my brain envisioned K Rool as the next character. As I can attest from days pre Brawl through this thread in the past year, his greatest strength not his moveset potential, nor his extreme personality/character/expression, and certainly not his prominence as a character villain or even heavyweight- his greatest strength is the extremely vocal and dedicated fanbase. For this, he will win.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Well, no one is resting on their laurels yet. And its only natural that the first days after the announcement of the ballot everything is going to get the most attention. So things will slow down later. Especially with that time window (if Splatoon becomes a huge hit or a new main cool character is announced in an E3 game, a lot of people could "tip the scales").
The best we can do is spread the K. Love. But never being too pushy, or they could end hating the character.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm absolutely sure that our flock of heptalingual associates spend their time accounting for every individual websites echoed vocalization of a system for which we have no rubric.
I mean, we aren't able to account for every site, but we have quite a few fans spanning many countries. What small unknown country with unknown language is making such a splash in this poll?

Keep in mind that in the grand scheme of things, people who vote on the poll are going to be fans. Your average joe will forget, or not even care, and there's an incredibly large demographic that doesn't give a **** about Smash Bros.

We're certainly able to tell what the people who do matter think, and that's what this ballot is looking for. What actual Smash fans actually want.

I do appreciate healthy doses of realism; it's what drives me to try to think of every possible angle, and I hope you and I and everyone else who actually cares about K. Rool being king of the polls will continue to do just that!

Besides, it's important all the votes go in now, and we be as vocal as possible. A few months from now, average voters right now will forget the ballot's even a thing, and we'll still be hounding them to make sure, or at least try to make sure the king is going strong because it's what we frickin' do as K. Rool fans. Y'know?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I mean, we aren't able to account for every site, but we have quite a few fans spanning many countries. What small unknown country with unknown language is making such a splash in this poll?

Keep in mind that in the grand scheme of things, people who vote on the poll are going to be fans. Your average joe will forget, or not even care, and there's an incredibly large demographic that doesn't give a **** about Smash Bros.

We're certainly able to tell what the people who do matter think, and that's what this ballot is looking for. What actual Smash fans actually want.

I do appreciate healthy doses of realism; it's what drives me to try to think of every possible angle, and I hope you and I and everyone else who actually cares about K. Rool being king of the polls will continue to do just that!

Besides, it's important all the votes go in now, and we be as vocal as possible. A few months from now, average voters right now will forget the ballot's even a thing, and we'll still be hounding them to make sure, or at least try to make sure the king is going strong because it's what we frickin' do as K. Rool fans. Y'know?
I legitimately have no idea how you've come to the conclusion that a legitimate sample survey of the sample survey (the actual poll) could be accounted for, but for now, I have no further comment on the matter.

As for the King... it's nice to have many more fresh faces since the last time I was here; and who knows, maybe that DK bundle is actually on the way :)

Dixie and K Rool in a trailer together would be the dream for everyone.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I'm NOT trying to be pessimistic, and I honestly deject the notion that adding an air of honest reality can be perceived as such.

The moment the poll was announce, my brain envisioned K Rool as the next character. As I can attest from days pre Brawl through this thread in the past year, his greatest strength not his moveset potential, nor his extreme personality/character/expression, and certainly not his prominence as a character villain or even heavyweight- his greatest strength is the extremely vocal and dedicated fanbase. For this, he will win.
I guess we will just have to wait and see, but I'd say thats right on point.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It is quite strange to have such a relationship with a fictional character... while I have advocated for many, many characters, K Rool is absolutely the number one for me... even more than the one I wish were the case (my conception of Pokemon Trainer), who is not my number one, for whatever reason, because this kroc has been having a go at my heart strings in some other, nondescript way.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I legitimately have no idea how you've come to the conclusion that a legitimate sample survey of the sample survey (the actual poll) could be accounted for, but for now, I have no further comment on the matter.

As for the King... it's nice to have many more fresh faces since the last time I was here; and who knows, maybe that DK bundle is actually on the way :)

Dixie and K Rool in a trailer together would be the dream for everyone.
Do what now? What sample survey are we even talking about? I'm just saying that "who'd you vote for?" surveys are all turning up positive around popular places on the Internet at the moment, and that things are looking good for the King. Nothing more.

Unless Nintendo releases the results themselves we have 0 way of knowing what the actual polls say.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Do what now? What sample survey are we even talking about? I'm just saying that "who'd you vote for?" surveys are all turning up positive around popular places on the Internet at the moment, and that things are looking good for the King. Nothing more.

Unless Nintendo releases the results themselves we have 0 way of knowing what the actual polls say.
I'm saying that, even if those sample surveys (the threads you referenced) could actually be considered a reference point (they cannot), we have no basis for knowing how many votes each person placed, who voted and does not post on these boards/threads, nor what criteria Nintendo holds for the poll results taken.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
It is quite strange to have such a relationship with a fictional character... while I have advocated for many, many characters, K Rool is absolutely the number one for me, even more than the one I wish were the case (my conception of Pokemon Trainer), is not my number one, for whatever reason, because this kroc has been having a go at my heart strings in some other, nondescript way.
I couldn't agree more. It has always felt different, but it always feels right. And while I agree that we shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves to an extent, on the other hand, it seems as if we are going to have to reach above and beyond constantly for THIS SPECIFIC character to make it..so I say, "Lets go all out for as long as we can!"

Lets show that passion and love for what we have all wanted and envisioned for so long and sooner or later, it will all pay off.

HAIL TO THE ONE TRUE KING!!!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't know about you guys, but seeing both K. Rool AND @ Banjo-Kazooie Banjo-Kazooie in Smash would be a dream kome true.

The DK crew and Rare's poster boy together in Smash would be a heatwarming reminder of the games we grew up with in the 90's thanks to Rare.

But it all depends if our king can win the pool with the bear and bird right behind his scaly tail.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm saying that, even if those sample surveys (the threads you referenced) could actually be considered a reference point (they cannot), we have no basis for knowing how many votes each person placed, who voted and does not post on these boards/threads, nor what criteria Nintendo holds for the poll results taken.
Obviously we can't know if they actually voted or not or are just bandwagoning, OR if they voted for him after someone else/before and their vote got discounted.

But would you prefer we not be optimistic? Clearly these things are being taken into account by most of us, just not spoken. Who the hell wants to sit around and go "Yeah, K. Rool sure might be doing well. But if the silent majority's mass voting for Rainbow Pit, we may as well pack it up. And since we can't know, why get hype at all? Let's just go back to the post-release melancholy."

This is of course why it's most important to explain what sets K. Rool apart in our 500 characters.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Obviously we can't know if they actually voted or not or are just bandwagoning, OR if they voted for him after someone else/before and their vote got discounted.

But would you prefer we not be optimistic? Clearly these things are being taken into account by most of us, just not spoken. Who the hell wants to sit around and go "Yeah, K. Rool sure might be doing well. But if the silent majority's mass voting for Rainbow Pit, we may as well pack it up. And since we can't know, why get hype at all? Let's just go back to the post-release melancholy."

This is of course why it's most important to explain what sets K. Rool apart in our 500 characters.
I don't believe pessimism is the opposite of referencing made up information as truth.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't believe pessimism is the opposite of referencing made up information as truth.
But...

That one picture is something a fan made.

Actual polls are based on real data.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

These are apparently early results from the Japanese side of the voting. K. Kool is winning so far.

Little Mac was basically non existent in Japan yet he got in just fine. Same for the Fire Emblem characters when Melee first came out for the U.S. Those games didn't got release outside of Japan. Don't really see a problem with Shovel Knight
well yeah little mac was BASICALLY non existant but shovel knight is LITERALLY non existant in japan and mac actually has history with nintendo

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It took three games to get Little Mac as a playable character despite his western fan-base. I think the same problem is plaguing Donkey Kong's extended cast and of course Mega-Spyro of the Space Pirates. Unless Nintendo makes American votes only count half of Japanese votes this is a chance to rectify that.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Who do you guys think is the biggest competition for K Rool. Shantae and Shovel Knight aren't because there games weren't released in Japan and I highly doubt they will alienate their own fans. I think his biggest competition is Isaac or Inklings. Which i'm happy with because i would like those 2 in.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't think it's a matter of competition. I can't imagine characters are competing for a spot, that's not how Smash works.

The way I see it, Sakurai and co. have a shortlist of top picks that they think would work, and this poll will gauge fan support for them. Possibly they'll even consider characters that aren't on the list, but have great support and a lot of potential, and others that don't make the cut will be high priority for future games.

Even if K. Rool doesn't top the polls, if the dev team see how popular he is and how great he'd be as a fighter, he'll be offered due consideration. No reason why we should be in competition with each-other when we can help others and be helped in return.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it's a matter of competition. I can't imagine characters are competing for a spot, that's not how Smash works.

The way I see it, Sakurai and co. have a shortlist of top picks that they think would work, and this poll will gauge fan support for them. Possibly they'll even consider characters that aren't on the list, but have great support and a lot of potential, and others that don't make the cut will be high priority for future games.

Even if K. Rool doesn't top the polls, if the dev team see how popular he is and how great he'd be as a fighter, he'll be offered due consideration. No reason why we should be in competition with each-other when we can help others and be helped in return.
Somehow i see character Ballot in opposite way. If there were no competition before Smash 4 release, there certainly is now. In my vision, Ballot is all about which characters top the vote charts or get the best reasons from voters to be in Smash.

I mean, of course characters compete for a spot. There are much more viable characters than there are open spots. Creating a character is not so simple and we can't have infinite amount of DLC characters.

Competition or not, I see K. Rool having good chances in Ballot or even to be playable character in Smash.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Somehow i see character Ballot in opposite way. If there were no competition before Smash 4 release, there certainly is now. In my vision, Ballot is all about which characters top the vote charts or get the best reasons from voters to be in Smash.

I mean, of course characters compete for a spot. There are much more viable characters than there are open spots. Creating a character is not so simple and we can't have infinite amount of DLC characters.

Competition or not, I see K. Rool having good chances in Ballot or even to be playable character in Smash.
I'm inclined to agree - if there are multiple DLC characters then the top few are probably not in direct competition but I cannot see how they are not seriously damaging the chances of characters lower down the ballot.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Where was that one picture that showed K. Rool as a Bowser clone where he basically contorted himself into various shapes

Geno Boost

Smash Master
remember when i posted about the stage "The Flying Krock" idea for King K. Rool stage? the same person made a 3D trophy for this stage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbFzt4hNiOA
if you dont remember the stage that i posted before in this thread click at the spoiler
*warning a big image*
[spoiler/]

also who wants HD Donkey Kong coin?:p
[spoiler/]

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm okay with that, so long as it doesn't create a sense of dissent or schism in the community. Friendly competition and healthy rivalry is good and develops a dynamic relationship between supporters, but getting at eachother's throats is dangerous and potentially inflammatory between like-minded supporters.

Just sayin', but I'm sure we can be polite about it~ :3

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm okay with that, so long as it doesn't create a sense of dissent or schism in the community. Friendly competition and healthy rivalry is good and develops a dynamic relationship between supporters, but getting at eachother's throats is dangerous and potentially inflammatory between like-minded supporters.

Just sayin', but I'm sure we can be polite about it~ :3
I agree, but don't you forget: my characters are better than yours.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I'm voting for K.Rool and Dixie since the ballot is on like there's no tomorrow.
It is confirmed you can only vote once in each language, or something like that ?

I really think that what will matter at the end is the fanbase who votes everyday, from now to the end.
Never forget.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I need help with Spanish texts for K.Rool's inclusion though.

Can provide with Dutch text for exchange. Possibly German if I put my best effort into it... French is on your own risk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom