• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't know about that, I've won a lot of matches against other tough players while using him.
Yeah, maybe I didn't use the correct words XD

This game is pretty balanced, low tier characters can still win against high tier characters.

I play with Kirby and Meta Knight and I still win most of the time ... well, that's probably because the level 9 cpus and my friends are terrible XD

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That sounds like Bowser in Smash 4, and he is not very good XD
CHANDY BAE PLZ
Hang on, don't remember seeing you here
Friends of Ye Ole Ridley thread suggested that he's very fast and jumps high for heavyweight standards and VERY laggy attacks, basically Ganondorf in terms of sheer power but laggier to compensate other trademarks

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Kevin Bayliss finally followed our Kampaign...THAT is frick'n awesome. To have the guy who created all the other Kong and Kremling characters including Diddy and K. Rool in the first place who are now well known and loved by gamers of past and now.

With all the huge names in the gaming industry following the kampaign, we're likely to get another one sometime soon, how soon? Probably within 6 months give or take.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I was just rewatching the end credits for DK64 and one of the names that showed up under the Support Team for the game was "K. Bayliss", hmm...I wonder what the "K." means? wether he's wanting to admit his involvment in the game or not, it's still awesome to have his support. That said, here are the big names we have following our Kremling Kampaign

1. Kevin Bayliss- Former Rare employee and creator of the original Donkey Kong Country game and Diddy Kong Racing
2. Michael Kelbaugh- Former Rare employee and CEO of Retro Studios
3. Retro Studios- Creators of the Metroid Prime games and recent DKCR and DK:Tropical Freeze games.
4. Richard Yearwood- The voice of DK from the DKC TV Show

Plus a few fav's and retweets from Grant Kirkhope-Former Rare game composer for the Banjo Kazooie games and DK64

Yup, I think we may see a new DK game and our King sooner than we think.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It is good but keep in mind for some reason retro studio's pretty much follow anyone that tweets to them and welkome mainJpw
They do it because they love their fans, something which I'm actually willing to believe if them bringing back David Wise and Dixie Kong in TF is any indication. How many people can say though that they are followed by their CEO?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
With regard to balancing K. Rool, it mainly depends on the playstyle you're aiming for. You automatically start with a massive target, though, so it's not as though a ton needs to be sacrificed to keep him balanced.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
They do it because they love their fans, something which I'm actually willing to believe if them bringing back David Wise and Dixie Kong in TF is any indication. How many people can say though that they are followed by their CEO?
Good point, I guess I'm just not used to companies doing that and never thought about it, I love retro, we will truly know if the love their fans if they bring back k rool and the kremlings

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
K. Rool if added would, for a fact, be the largest and heaviest character in the game. I'd say slightly larger than Bowser. He should also have high jumps and good running speed despite being a large target, because he is pretty fast on his feet. His attacks should have some lag, but not too much. The main problem with the balancing is that ideally he'd have a trap-based moveset.

I was just rewatching the end credits for DK64 and one of the names that showed up under the Support Team for the game was "K. Bayliss", hmm...I wonder what the "K." means? wether he's wanting to admit his involvment in the game or not, it's still awesome to have his support. That said, here are the big names we have following our Kremling Kampaign

1. Kevin Bayliss- Former Rare employee and creator of the original Donkey Kong Country game and Diddy Kong Racing
2. Michael Kelbaugh- Former Rare employee and CEO of Retro Studios
3. Retro Studios- Creators of the Metroid Prime games and recent DKCR and DK:Tropical Freeze games.
4. Richard Yearwood- The voice of DK from the DKC TV Show

Plus a few fav's and retweets from Grant Kirkhope-Former Rare game composer for the Banjo Kazooie games and DK64

Yup, I think we may see a new DK game and our King sooner than we think.
Michael Kelbaugh is a former Rare employee as well? Damn, I did not know that.

EDIT: I don't see it, he formerly worked and Nintendo of America:

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_Kelbaugh

He DID work on both Donkey Kong Country... and Golden Sun, interestingly enough, as a playtester.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
K. Rool if added would, for a fact, be the largest and heaviest character in the game. I'd say slightly larger than Bowser. He should also have high jumps and good running speed despite being a large target, because he is pretty fast on his feet. His attacks should have some lag, but not too much. The main problem with the balancing is that ideally he'd have a trap-based moveset.

Michael Kelbaugh is a former Rare employee as well? Damn, I did not know that.

EDIT: I don't see it, he formerly worked and Nintendo of America:

He DID work on both Donkey Kong Country... and Golden Sun, interestingly enough, as a playtester.

"It actually goes back to my days at Rare. Rare had various people coming over from America and Japan whilst we were working on the original DKC, one of which was Michael Kelbaugh, who is now the CEO and President of Retro Studios. The association made whilst we were doing the original game has proved very valuable; Michael phoned me up and asked if I'd be interested in working on Tropical Freeze." — David Wise - See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/david-wise-explains-how-he-got-his-job-on-tropical-freeze#.VOgExC6uTQI

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
"It actually goes back to my days at Rare. Rare had various people coming over from America and Japan whilst we were working on the original DKC, one of which was Michael Kelbaugh, who is now the CEO and President of Retro Studios. The association made whilst we were doing the original game has proved very valuable; Michael phoned me up and asked if I'd be interested in working on Tropical Freeze." — David Wise - See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/david-wise-explains-how-he-got-his-job-on-tropical-freeze#.VOgExC6uTQI
That's weird. I read up here:

I think I know what its saying, I think its saying that he wasn't with Rare specifically, but he worked with Rare while Rare was developing Donkey Kong Country. He was a Nintendo of America employee, but he went over and worked with Rare while they were doing DKC.

"Rare had various people coming over from America and Japan"

This is the important part. Its not saying that they joined Rare. Its saying they temporarily worked with Rare, but they came from Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Japan.

Still is pretty cool. I also liked the part in the Nintendo Wiki article where it indicates that he worked on Golden Sun as well.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, the other day, I saw someone justifying K. Rool hate with the rationale "he sucks in the cartoon." Now that it's topical, I figure I may as well shed some light onto why Rool's cartoon persona is one of the main things the show actually did well.

--He's manipulative as hell, convincing not only DK (famously), but also Diddy and Cranky to align with him on separate occasions, or getting an oblivious Funky to support his presidential campaign because there are no waves to surf, therefore "DK is letting you down in the 'surf department'"
--A handful of his schemes are not only devious (systematically turning every single Kong against DK, staging an "alien invasion"), but are actually dark on the same level as the games (revenge on Cranky by tricking him into death by plane crash)
--They also legitimately succeed or come dangerously close in some episodes, being undone only by acts of god
--Almost every episode is an expanded version of him reacting to his minions' stupidity in DK64. . ."[Hypnosis is] something only you'd be immune to, Krusha" or lamenting about why his world had to be so littered with homespun idiots

Off the top of my head. I imagine, if K. Rool's presence in the games were more similar to his presence in the show, you'd have more people ranking him highly as a character than there are even now.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You know, the other day, I saw someone justifying K. Rool hate with the rationale "he sucks in the cartoon." Now that it's topical, I figure I may as well shed some light onto why Rool's cartoon persona is one of the main things the show actually did well.

--He's manipulative as hell, convincing not only DK (famously), but also Diddy and Cranky to align with him on separate occasions, or getting an oblivious Funky to support his presidential campaign because there are no waves to surf, therefore "DK is letting you down in the 'surf department'"
--A handful of his schemes are not only devious (systematically turning every single Kong against DK, staging an "alien invasion"), but are actually dark on the same level as the games (revenge on Cranky by tricking him into death by plane crash)
--They also legitimately succeed or come dangerously close in some episodes, being undone only by acts of god
--Almost every episode is an expanded version of him reacting to his minions' stupidity in DK64. . ."[Hypnosis is] something only you'd be immune to, Krusha" or lamenting about why his world had to be so littered with homespun idiots

Off the top of my head. I imagine, if K. Rool's presence in the games were more similar to his presence in the show, you'd have more people ranking him highly as a character than there are even now.
I love K. Rool's personality in the show!

EDIT:

That is something I've VERY curious about, though. Why now, all of a sudden, are they re-releasing the cartoon on DVD? I'm just very intrigued... Maybe they're planning something big for DK in the near future? I dunno...

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I love K. Rool's personality in the show!

EDIT:

That is something I've VERY curious about, though. Why now, all of a sudden, are they re-releasing the cartoon on DVD? I'm just very intrigued... Maybe they're planning something big for DK in the near future? I dunno...
Live Action Donkey Kong Country Netflix Series confirmed!!!...?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Live Action Donkey Kong Country Netflix Series confirmed!!!...?
Lol not live action xD. A new cartoon would be interesting, but I'm more thinking of DK64 3D/DK64 sequel and more DK spinoffs. They've been holding off on the NA releases of DKC1-4 and DKL1-3 for some strange reason but now out of the blue we get DKC cartoon DVD's, and of course recently they put them up on Netflix in the first place. A lot of things do not add up.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure you can thank the DKC cartoon for helping K. Rool's popularity in Japan since it seemed well received over there.

As for a new DKC cartoon...I would like it to be in 2D animation, but that would probably never happen.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I haven't posted here for almost 4 months... How are you Kutthroats doing? :p

I'm pretty sure you can thank the DKC cartoon for helping K. Rool's popularity in Japan since it seemed well received over there.
They apparently even had a line of merchandise after it. Yeah, it was that good.

:231:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Lol not live action xD. A new cartoon would be interesting, but I'm more thinking of DK64 3D/DK64 sequel and more DK spinoffs. They've been holding off on the NA releases of DKC1-4 and DKL1-3 for some strange reason but now out of the blue we get DKC cartoon DVD's, and of course recently they put them up on Netflix in the first place. A lot of things do not add up.
I'm not sure if you caught the reference I was going for so...
I don't actually expect a live-action DK series. :p
I would adore a new 3D animated DKC series, though. Hopefully with Disney or Nick if at all possible.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
K.Rool moveset!
King K.Rool, Kaptain K.Rool, Baron K.Roolenstein and boxing K.Rool as alts
Taller and heavier than Bowser, also a bit thicker
Speed: Mario
Jump height: ROB
Entrance animation: Jumps out of the Kruiser
Attacks
Jab: Punches straight in front of him
Ftilt: Delivers a nasty hook
Utilt: Grabs hat and swipes above head with it
Dtilt: Sticks leg out to trip foes
FSmash: Headbutts enemy
USmash: Delivers an uppercut
DSmash: Bounces on ground to create a shockwave
Nair: Body slam pose, similar to Dedede and Wario
Fair: Grabs hat and thrusts it like a knife, hat spikes enemies
Bair: Jigglypuff Bair but with tail
Dair: Violently thrusts foot downwards
Grabs and throws
Grab: Grabs his blunderbuss and uses the suction feature
Pummel: Glares with his eye hard enough to damage
Fthrow: Beats foe with blunderbuss
Bthrow: Grabs foe and suplexes them
Uthrow: Savagely bites foe and flings them upwards
Dthrow: Sits on foe
Specials
B: Throws hat, powerful and quick projectile, but obviously long cooldown
Side B: Throws vials that create acid pools damaging anyone who touches it, K.Rool also gets damaged with this
Up B: Flies on a jetpack like ROB, doesn't last nearly as long, but the flame coming out spikes
Down B: Lies down, anyone who hits him then hears laughter and gets shot by the blunderbuss
Final Smash: Charges forward in a blinded frenzy while roaring, anyone hit gets launched very far
Non attacks
Taunt1: Yells "THANK YOU THANK YOU"
Taunt2: Sings the first notes of Gangplank Galleon
Taunt3: Places hand on mouth like in his official DKC artwork while making a surprised look going "Ooh..."
Victory theme: Metal remix of DK victory theme
Victory pose1: Sits on throne twiddling thumbs while laughing
Victory pose2: Snarls and says "Any last requests?"
Victory pose3: Falls on a stash of bananas and maniacally squashes them while giggling
Guidance: Pit: Who's this fatso lady Palutena? K.Rool : Fatso is it? I'd choose my last words more carefully if I were you... Palutena: Ignore him Pit, King K.Rool, while rather comical, is extremely dangerous, he has stolen Donkey Kongs bananas on multiple occasions. Pit: Bananas? Why would he want those? Are they his favourite food or something? K.Rool: Fool, I find bananas disgusting, I merely steal them to starve the kongs! Palutena: I'd watch out Pit, K.Rool's smart and although he makes the same mistakes, after he realises his current strategy doesn't work, he thinks of something different while improving on that.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
K.Rool moveset!
King K.Rool, Kaptain K.Rool, Baron K.Roolenstein and boxing K.Rool as alts
Taller and heavier than Bowser, also a bit thicker
Speed: Mario
Jump height: ROB
Jab: Punches straight in front of him
Ftilt: Delivers a nasty hook
Utilt: Grabs hat and swipes above head with it
Dtilt: Sticks leg out to trip foes
FSmash: Headbutts enemy
USmash: Delivers an uppercut
DSmash: Bounces on ground to create a shockwave
Nair: Body slam pose, similar to Dedede and Wario
Fair: Grabs hat and thrusts it like a knife, hat spikes enemies
Bair: Jigglypuff Bair but with tail
Dair: Violently thrusts foot downwards
Grab: Grabs his blunderbuss and uses the suction feature
Pummel: Glares with his eye hard enough to damage
Fthrow: Beats foe with blunderbuss
Bthrow: Grabs foe and suplexes them
Uthrow: Savagely bites foe and flings them upwards
Dthrow: Sits on foe
B: Throws hat, powerful and quick projectile, but obviously long cooldown
Side B: Throws vials that create acid pools damaging anyone who touches it, K.Rool also gets damaged with this
Up B: Flies on a jetpack like ROB, doesn't last nearly as long, but the flame coming out spikes
Down B: Lies down, anyone who hits him then hears laughter and gets shot by the blunderbuss
Final Smash: Charges forward in a blinded frenzy while roaring, anyone hit gets launched very far
Taunt1: Yells "THANK YOU THANK YOU"
Taunt2: Sings the first notes of Gangplank Galleon
Taunt3: Places hand on mouth like in his official DKC artwork while making a surprised look going "Ooh..."
Victory theme: Metal remix of DK victory theme
Victory pose1: Sits on throne twiddling thumbs while laughing
Victory pose2: Snarls and says "Any last requests?"
Victory pose3: Falls on a stash of bananas and maniacally squashes them while giggling
Guidance: Pit: Who's this fatso lady Palutena? K.Rool : Fatso is it? I'd choose my last words more carefully if I were you... Palutena: Ignore him Pit, King K.Rool, while rather comical, is extremely dangerous, he has stolen Donkey Kongs bananas on multiple occasions. Pit: Bananas? Why would he want those? Are they his favourite food or something? K.Rool: Fool, I find bananas disgusting, I merely steal them to starve the kongs! Palutena: I'd watch out Pit, K.Rool's smart and although he makes the same mistakes, after he realises his current strategy doesn't work, he thinks of something different while improving on that.
Good job, I love the pummel idea, but if I could make one suggestion I think his crouch (if dedede's croucH works this should) should be him playing dead and his down tilt should be a Dirty swipe since there already are a lot of counters. But other than that, great job, we should have this in the OP, we don'thave a proper moveset there right?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Good job, I love the pummel idea, but if I could make one suggestion I think his crouch (if dedede's croucH works this should) should be him playing dead and his down tilt should be a Dirty swipe since there already are a lot of counters. But other than that, great job, we should have this in the OP, we don'thave a proper moveset there right?
"Rather than showcasing just a few moveset" BKupa in the OP, added entry animation and my reasoning for his Down B being a counter is because his playing dead shenanigans were to trick the player

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not sure if you caught the reference I was going for so...
I don't actually expect a live-action DK series. :p
I would adore a new 3D animated DKC series, though. Hopefully with Disney or Nick if at all possible.
I know exactly what you were referring to.

I haven't posted here for almost 4 months... How are you Kutthroats doing? :p

They apparently even had a line of merchandise after it. Yeah, it was that good.

Yeah that is quite the surprise. I did like it back in the day, and its probably among the best classic Nintendo cartoon, but its still not -that- great.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Warning: Large!
Yay! I did a thing!
No, really, to draw things isn't part of the things I do enjoy, yet I do it once in a while and today I decided to draw our King!

What kan I say about it? Uhm...
It's based on his design of the original Donkey Kong Country, obviousely.
I first tried do draw his thumb pointing at him, but it didn't work how I hoped, so now it's just his iron fist... And yet, the angle of his hand isn't right... just ignore it, thank you.
But I really love how the krown turned out!

Any positive thoughts are appreciated! hehe...

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples

The best thing is that he manipulates people in song!

Seriously, he probably has the most fun out of any Nintendo Villain when it comes to his plans :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The best thing is that he manipulates people in song!

Seriously, he probably has the most fun out of any Nintendo Villain when it comes to his plans :p
Now now, Pokey, Ridley and Metal Face are also good contenders in that area.
Pokey literally does whatever he wants. Ridley only joined the Space Pirates so he could murder more and Metal Face loves his job if his quote worthy lines are any indication

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Now now, Pokey, Ridley and Metal Face are also good contenders in that area.
Pokey literally does whatever he wants. Ridley only joined the Space Pirates so he could murder more and Metal Face loves his job if his quote worthy lines are any indication
Pokey's a kid.
Ridley is crafty with going about how to kill stuff.
A fairly spoilery Xenoblade line
"I love this body! The power!"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Pokey's a kid.
Ridley is crafty with going about how to kill stuff.
A fairly spoilery Xenoblade line
"I love this body! The power!"
  • Blood Knight: Ridley enjoys nothing more than ripping things apart.
  • For the Evulz: It's implied that the only reason he's with the Space Pirates is that he enjoys killing people.
  • Psycho for Hire: The manga and some of the Data Logs in Metroid Prime imply that his reason for being with the Space Pirates boils down to a sadistic love of killing other beings, which is his forte.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Warning: Large!
Yay! I did a thing!
No, really, to draw things isn't part of the things I do enjoy, yet I do it once in a while and today I decided to draw our King!

What kan I say about it? Uhm...
It's based on his design of the original Donkey Kong Country, obviousely.
I first tried do draw his thumb pointing at him, but it didn't work how I hoped, so now it's just his iron fist... And yet, the angle of his hand isn't right... just ignore it, thank you.
But I really love how the krown turned out!

Any positive thoughts are appreciated! hehe...
It kind of looks like he's holding the pencil. :laugh: I like it.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom