• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Staarih

Smash Master
The stage list on the 3DS seems sort of "incomplete" to me as well. DK char + DK stage as DLC, heck a whole DK pack would be very welcomed haha!

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
On the bright side, Gangplank Galeon could still be a Wii U stage.
Oh, please, that's such an old stage. A jungle level from DKCR or frozen DK-Island would make much more sense.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
He never really had a shot to me. Dk doesent get enough games and hes been left out of the last countrys
In the past four years, there have been three new DK games, and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D alone outsold the entire Kid Icarus franchise. This is what makes the lack of DK content even more baffling. I don't even know why I'm responding to an obvious troll... but somebody has to.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
No this was K. Rool's Brawl trophy, it's not the same, it's the pose of K. Rool everyone knows about:

Although the right arm is different.
The right man difference makes it hilarious to me. And wow this thread is filling up with opportunistic trolls.

*THE NOT SO DISTANT FUTURE*
Little kid: "Hey mister why do you play with the blue color of every character but green Bowser in Smash 4?".
Me:"...that, kid... I do it because you really never stop being a kutthroat...

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I hate to say this, but we should probably get someone to close this thread. It's not gonna end well if we keep feeding the trolls.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Well seeing K. Rool as a trophy is certainly disappointing. I still want to hold out for K. Rool as a DLC character and the WiiU version. Perhaps this is only the fake Kredit screen rolling.

Overall, I am very disappointed in this game and how certain franchises were treated. However, the silver lining is that the Kremlings are at least more high profile now, and it can lead the way to K. Rool returning in DKCR3! We can do it!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well seeing K. Rool as a trophy is certainly disappointing. I still want to hold out for K. Rool as a DLC character and the WiiU version. Perhaps this is only the fake Kredit screen rolling.

Overall, I am very disappointed in this game and how certain franchises were treated. However, the silver lining is that the Kremlings are at least more high profile now, and it can lead the way to K. Rool returning in DKCR3! We can do it!
Well, this is what most of the K. Rool and Kremling fans have been saying for a while. Even if K. Rool isn't playable, Sakurai brought the Kremlings back into the spotlight. That certainly accounts for something.

HotelWaffle

Smash Apprentice
In the past four years, there have been three new DK games, and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D alone outsold the entire Kid Icarus franchise. This is what makes the lack of DK content even more baffling. I don't even know why I'm responding to an obvious troll... but somebody has to.
I wasn't trolling it was just what I thought. I wanted K.Rool in too I grew up playing 64 and dkc.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
a mere trophy?! are you kidding me?!

WELL... Nintendo is getting a lengthy email about K.Rool and the DK franchise.

I am flabergasted by how little love we got.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Well, I can certainly foresee this closing soon.

However, I'd like to say thanks for this thread. Although the King didn't make it, this thread and the speculation we've been (for the most part) humanely throwing around over the past year+ has been both entertaining and nostalgic. It is clear that Sakurai is content with treating the Donkey Kong franchise like some misfit orphaned child along with Mother / EarthBound and Ice Climber, and there's really nothing we can do about it at this point.

I will still enjoy this game in all its glory, but I really am shocked and dismayed at how much Donkey Kong got shafted this time as a whole. The potential King K. Rool could have had in a move-set is mind-blowing.

At this point, I'm debating getting on my lifeboat, staring back at Gangplank Galleon, but I will wait until the Wii U release before I paddle away into the abyss. I still believe that those four slots are there for something, and not giving DK a 3rd rep is a massive disservice.

That trophy description does NOT match at all! Wonder if Sakurai has a Ridley trophy saying that Ridley is Samus' ex boyfriend or old pet.
"And here we see Ridley! The villain to Samus as Bowser is to Mario! Ridley was once Samus' pet and lover, but she decided that he was too big for quite an array of activities (wink wink), and threw him out; a rather hostile relationship formed.

Please understand." ~ Sakurai

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
I think his chances for DLC have not changed with the confirmation of a trophy. Like another poster said, if there was a plan to have DLC characters they would try to keep them secret. If K Rool, Dixie, Mewtwo, etc didn't have trophies, we could have a good guess at which characters would be DLC. I'm also fairly confident that if there were DLC characters, Wolf would be one of the first in line, and his trophy was spotted. So if you believe there will be DLC characters, than I still think K Rool has a chance, regardless of finding a trophy for him.

I would be more worried about him being a stage boss in the Wii U version. You would think there would be a Wii U stage for the DK series.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

However, I'd like to say thanks for this thread. Although the King didn't make it, this thread and the speculation we've been (for the most part) humanely throwing around over the past year+ has been both entertaining and nostalgic. It is clear that Sakurai is content with treating the Donkey Kong franchise like some misfit orphaned child along with Mother / EarthBound and Ice Climber, and there's really nothing we can do about it at this point.

I will still enjoy this game in all its glory, but I really am shocked and dismayed at how much Donkey Kong got shafted this time as a whole. The potential King K. Rool could have had in a move-set is mind-blowing.

At this point, I'm debating getting on my lifeboat, staring back at Gangplank Galleon, but I will wait until the Wii U release before I paddle away into the abyss. I still believe that those four slots are there for something, and not giving DK a 3rd rep is a massive disservice.

"And here we see Ridley! The villain to Samus as Bowser is to Mario! Ridley was once Samus' pet and lover, but she decided that he was too big for quite an array of activities (wink wink), and threw him out; a rather hostile relationship formed.

I don't know what's worse, the fact Ridley was hyped for nothing or the fact the chance Sakurai will do that is high. Hoping that K.Rool ever gets to be playable, and I heard this thread will get locked tommorow, will that happen to every thread or just this one as one guy decided to act like a *"£# ?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That trophy description does NOT match at all! Wonder if Sakurai has a Ridley trophy saying that Ridley is Samus' ex boyfriend or old pet.
I do like how it refers to K. Rool as DK's Bowser equivalent. . .isn't that how we've been describing the character for years now? The franchise's main villain, not some throwaway one-off?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
So a polar bear situation.
Kremlings everywhere but no one on the throne to command them. I suppose DK got something, even if its just enemies. Hopefully you lot get DLC in the future.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Don't forget treating star fox bad. The amount of content is abysmal.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I'm so utterly disappointed by the horrendous lack of DK content in this game, seemingly. I think people have already repeated it before, but I'll just re-iterate again: no new characters, no assist trophies, no new items (and the only two that we do have are both really obscure ones; the hammer and the spring), no alt. costumes for the existing characters, just three enemies in Smash Run (with one being a recolor), no new stages, and only one song recycled from DKC Returns 3D.

It's mind-boggling, to say the least. I'm a huge fan of the DK franchise, and with the amount of stingy representation we got in Brawl, I didn't think it could actually get any worse than that game, but apparently, it just did. I've been hoping for K. Rool, Dixie, or literally just any third DK newcomer for the longest time now, and I can't be persuaded to understand how Fire Emblem gets essentially two newcomers, as well as Kid Icarus, when we get nothing. Why couldn't Sakurai just throw us DK fans a bone for once? :( I've really tried to keep from complaining over this game, and remain positive, but damn, it just makes it so hard when the purported outcome is so obvious and right there in front of you. It's impossible to ignore, and I don't care who has to reply to me with some trite comment as "Your tears are delicious," because I'm still looking forward to this game in the long run, and criticism (done right) is healthy for the development of any art form, as I feel a game is. So take my comment with a grain of salt. This is just one DK fan speaking, but I do believe many of us share the same sentiments in this hour.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
So one of the most requested Nintendo characters in Japan and the West gets reduced to the status of a mere trophy, once again... Dammit all. This sucks. DK, Metroid, and Star Fox all get the shaft big time. Talk about an utter disappointment.

Last edited:

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
Well, since this thread is closing soon, I suppose I'll have to say my farewells to all of you as well. It's been a rough ride, but we've been in this together all the way. But mark my words, fellow Kutthroats, and mark them well: come the next Smash, I'll be there to advocate the King's return once again! My loyalty to K. Rool will NEVER die! Nothing can change that! But for now... I'll see you guys later.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Where's the trophy description? If it compares K. Rool to Bowser, that's PERFECT, because that's exactly what K. Rool is. He's DK's equivalent to Mario's Bowser.

Well, since this thread is closing soon, I suppose I'll have to say my farewells to all of you as well. It's been a rough ride, but we've been in this together all the way. But mark my words, fellow Kutthroats, and mark them well: come the next Smash, I'll be there to advocate the King's return once again! My loyalty to K. Rool will NEVER die! Nothing can change that! But for now... I'll see you guys later.
Well, good luck. I'll be supporting K. Rool for DLC, but I'm NOT hyping up another Smash Bros. game again. (Well, support for the King will never die, but I sure as hell won't be participating in speculation.)

Last edited:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Sounds like a big waste of them. If KKR didn't get in this time, than he will never get in. Face it guys, that green croc means nothing for Nintendo anymore. I mean he's not even worthy to be an AS. That says everything about his state in Nintendo's libary.
This guy is certainly a jackass, but he's right. As long as Miyamoto lives, K. Rool and the Kremlings will never return in any large role in any main-line DK game. K. Rool is done. Sakurai clearly does not look at fan requests and he clearly does not think Donkey Kong is worthy of more than 2 reps.

Let's face it, the Japanese are xenophobic and jingoistic. Donkey Kong is an inherently Western franchise. Miyamoto is furious that the legendary DK games were made by "foreigners" (as much as he denies it, he's lying). Jungle Beat attempted to reboot the franchise and obliterate everything from the Rare games besides DK's design. They even had animal buddies, but decided to invent a bunch of new, horrible ones. Not even Diddy was spared.

The Paon games and Mario spinoffs are hardly relevant or important enough to qualify as a counter argument, and DKCR only uses the Rare characters as a begrudging acceptance that DK fans will never let them go, and they only used the bare minimum of what they could get away with.

As I've been saying for 3 years (Jesus), K. Rool was by far my most wanted newcomer, but if he isn't playable in this game, he will never make it into Smash. Sakurai has made his stance clear. Abandon any hope you may have. It was even pretty ridiculous to assume that he had a ghost of a chance for Smash 4 when you think about it.

Last edited:

Kokopops

Smash Rookie
This guy is certainly a *******, but he's right. As long as Miyamoto lives, K. Rool and the Kremlings will never return in any large role in any main-line DK game. K. Rool is done. Sakurai clearly does not look at fan requests and he clearly does not think Donkey Kong is worthy of more than 2 reps.

Let's face it, the Japanese are xenophobic and jingoistic. Donkey Kong is an inherently Western franchise. Miyamoto is furious that the legendary DK games were made by "foreigners" (as much as he denies it, he's lying). Jungle Beat attempted to reboot the franchise and obliterate everything from the Rare games besides DK's design. They even had animal buddies, but decided to invent a bunch of new, horrible ones. Not even Diddy was spared.
LMAO WTF

Top Bottom