• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Honestly I'm way more offended by the trophy's use of the Paon design than the actual absence of K Rool. I've just kind of accepted at this point that Sakurai couldn't give two ****s about DK, but that is just terrible.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
Wow this is pretty lame, not just for the kremling king himself but for the DK franchise as a whole. Absolutely nothing new in this iteration of smash, or at least that i can think of at the moment. (while another franchise that just got rebooted gets two new characters and a **** ton of other crap.)

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
My support for the King grew immensely since Smash 4 speculation began. Now it is at an all-time high. Through thick and thin, I'll continue to support King K. Rool!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly I'm way more offended by the trophy's use of the Paon design than the actual absence of K Rool. I've just kind of accepted at this point that Sakurai couldn't give two ****s about DK, but that is just terrible.
I don't see a problem. The PAON design is the last K. Rool design we had. I'm more interested in the fact that K. Rool and Dixie both got brand new models for this game, rather than just rehashing the same trophies from prior games.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
An alliance? For Ridley, Mewtwo, K Rool and Isaac?

So permission please? All 4 are top of my 10 wanted newcomers list now and I hate the treatment they've received.

We challenge their fates and hope will never die.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Guys, no matter the case, I will always support the Big 4. I might not be a "Kutthroat", but for the same reason I joined the support for Ridley; King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Isaac, and every other deserving fan requested characters will always have my support, no matter what happens. As a fellow Space Pirate would say, "do not falter", Kutthroats. We WILL get our characters in Smash Bros. Whether detractors. Nintendo, or Sakurai himself thinks otherwise.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
There will be another 7 years of mourning to commemorate our loss.
Probably loss. C'mon guys, Sakurai sees him not even worthy to be an AT. If find it so funny, that you guys and even I in the past saw him as a potential character for this game. Rember KKR as the old school rareware boss in the past and to that piece of nothing he is now.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
This guy is certainly a *******, but he's right. As long as Miyamoto lives, K. Rool and the Kremlings will never return in any large role in any main-line DK game. K. Rool is done. Sakurai clearly does not look at fan requests and he clearly does not think Donkey Kong is worthy of more than 2 reps.

Let's face it, the Japanese are xenophobic and jingoistic. Donkey Kong is an inherently Western franchise. Miyamoto is furious that the legendary DK games were made by "foreigners" (as much as he denies it, he's lying). Jungle Beat attempted to reboot the franchise and obliterate everything from the Rare games besides DK's design. They even had animal buddies, but decided to invent a bunch of new, horrible ones. Not even Diddy was spared.

The Paon games and Mario spinoffs are hardly relevant or important enough to qualify as a counter argument, and DKCR only uses the Rare characters as a begrudging acceptance that DK fans will never let them go, and they only used the bare minimum of what they could get away with.

As I've been saying for 3 years (Jesus), K. Rool was by far my most wanted newcomer, but if he isn't playable in this game, he will never make it into Smash. Sakurai has made his stance clear. Abandon any hope you may have. It was even pretty ridiculous to assume that he had a ghost of a chance for Smash 4 when you think about it.
As much as I hate to say it, there's some truth to what this guy is saying. Don't get me wrong, I'll always support K. Rool, but I'd be lying if I said that what we've witnessed over the past few weeks hasn't put a damper on my spirits. Poor K. Rool can't even catch a break as an Assist Trophy, and yet people still expect him to show up as DLC. It isn't a coincidence that both franchises that Retro Studios has worked on have been virtually ignored by Sakurai. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some xenophobia going on in regards to the roster choices. But don't let the Sakurai worshipers on NeoGAF hear your mudslinging. The original Donkey Kong Country games aren't even available on the Virtual Console right now, and 2014 marks the 20th anniversary of the first DKC. Like, what the hell is their problem? Did Iwata get mauled by a crocodile when he was visiting the zoo?

Donkey Kong is one of the most popular Nintendo franchises, but forum dwellers don't think of it as such because the fanbase isn't very vocal. And why is that? Is it because the games are bad? Or is it because the main characters are goofy cartoon monkeys and not brooding anime boys, cute white girls, and furry bait? People on NeoGAF laugh at the idea of DK actually having a fanbase. It reminds me of Planet of the Apes. The movies are very popular, but does anybody really... discuss them? I mean, it isn't like Star Wars or Star Trek where people attend conventions dressed as their favorite characters. It's just sort of... there. Everybody knows what it is. Everybody likes it. But they don't obsess over it and write erotic fanfictions about Dr. Zaius and Caesar. Primates are like a halfway point between human beings and domesticated animals like dogs and cats, so nobody can really identify with them. They aren't intelligent enough to be human, they aren't cute and cuddly enough to be pets, and they aren't big and menacing enough to be the "badass" monsters that appear on licensed t-shirts in Walmart. Hardcore weeaboos aside, I think most people would love to see King K. Rool as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. I think our toughest challenge is to convince the naysayers that he's more than just an overweight, irrelevant Bowser clone. But given the source material, I fear that the odds have been stacked against him from the very beginning.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As much as I hate to say it, there's some truth to what this guy is saying. Don't get me wrong, I'll always support K. Rool, but I'd be lying if I said that what we've witnessed over the past few weeks hasn't put a damper on my spirits. Poor K. Rool can't even catch a break as an Assist Trophy, and yet people still expect him to show up as DLC. It isn't a coincidence that both franchises that Retro Studios has worked on have been virtually ignored by Sakurai. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some xenophobia going on in regards to the roster choices. But don't let the Sakurai worshipers on NeoGAF hear your mudslinging. The original Donkey Kong Country games aren't even available on the Virtual Console right now, and 2014 marks the 20th anniversary of the first DKC. Like, what the hell is their problem? Did Iwata get mauled by a crocodile when he was visiting the zoo?

Donkey Kong is one of the most popular Nintendo franchises, but forum dwellers don't think of it as such because the fanbase isn't very vocal. And why is that? Is it because the games are bad? Or is it because the main characters are goofy cartoon monkeys and not brooding anime boys, cute white girls, and furry bait? People on NeoGAF laugh at the idea of DK actually having a fanbase. It reminds me of Planet of the Apes. The movies are very popular, but does anybody really... discuss them? I mean, it isn't like Star Wars or Star Trek where people attend conventions dressed as their favorite characters. It's just sort of... there. Everybody knows what it is. Everybody likes it. But they don't obsess over it and write erotic fanfictions about Dr. Zaius and Caesar. Primates are like a halfway point between human beings and domesticated animals like dogs and cats, so nobody can really identify with them. They aren't intelligent enough to be human, they aren't cute and cuddly enough to be pets, and they aren't big and menacing enough to be the "badass" monsters that appear on licensed t-shirts in Walmart. Hardcore weeaboos aside, I think most people would love to see King K. Rool as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. I think our toughest challenge is to convince the naysayers that he's more than just an overweight, irrelevant Bowser clone. But given the source material, I fear that the odds have been stacked against him from the very beginning.
Actually, being an Assist Trophy would likely deny any chance of a character being DLC in the first place. As far as K. Rool not coming back to DKC, I completely disagree with this notion. There's way too much fan demand for K. Rool to come back. Maybe he won't be in Smash Bros. (many K. Rool fans already came to this conclusion a long time ago), maybe he won't be DLC (I'm not expecting in), but he WILL come back to the DK franchise.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I don't think K.Rool is never coming back anymore, Retro studio does seem to actually listen to their fanbase.

Sak on the other hand...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think K.Rool is never coming back anymore, Retro studio does seem to actually listen to their fanbase.

Sak on the other hand...
Is the one person who actually listened and gave us Kremlings. Maybe it wasn't K. Rool, but he at least did something nice for the Kremling fans.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Please send me an invite! I'm looking forward to joining the group. I would love to be a part of any cause that can help make some noise for King K. Rool's cause.
Me too, please! Even if I don't post much I'd like to add my number to the cause.

Last edited:

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Oh, get over it! King K. Rool will never come back. The DKC-Games sell good with out him. So why bother? I still like them more than those generic Tiki enemies, but his era ended. He's dead, gone forever. You're very lucky that this guy has at least got a trophy in SSB4.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh, get over it! King K. Rool will never come back. The DKC-Games sell good with out him. So why bother? I still like them more than those generic Tiki enemies, but his era ended. He's dead, gone forever. You're very lucky that this guy has at least got a trophy in SSB4.
Tropical Freeze didn't. DKCR sold well, but it didn't have the same charm without the Kremlings. You just don't know when to quit.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Well it was a fun ride but Nintendo might as well just come out and say "King K.Rool is officially retired he died in space due to lack of oxygen at the end of DK: Jungle Climber, he will never return." At least he'll go down in history as the first main Nintendo villian to remain dead.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Well it was a fun ride but Nintendo might as well just come out and say "King K.Rool is officially retired he died in space due to lack of oxygen at the end of DK: Jungle Climber, he will never return." At least he'll go down in history as the first main Nintendo villian to remain dead.
Or will he?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
He's not dead, that's the point.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
Wait, there's a 'Big Four' alliance now? Kount me in on that. All four characters are ones I'd like to see. Heck, over the course of the past few months, my stance towards Ridley changed from 'Why do people even support this thing?' to 'It'd be cool if he was in.' As for the rest, Isaac would provide a ton of moveset potential, and Mewtwo is still an awesome Pokemon. And I'm sure I don't need to explain K. Rool. I'd love to join this new alliance!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wait, there's a 'Big Four' alliance now? Kount me in on that. All four characters are ones I'd like to see. Heck, over the course of the past few months, my stance towards Ridley changed from 'Why do people even support this thing?' to 'It'd be cool if he was in.' As for the rest, Isaac would provide a ton of moveset potential, and Mewtwo is still an awesome Pokemon. And I'm sure I don't need to explain K. Rool. I'd love to join this new alliance!
I'm fine with the alliance, although personally I don't like calling it Big Four. Isaac is popular and all, but he's nowhere near the level of K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo. I'd rather call it the Neglected Franchise Alliance (and just include Mewtwo as well because he should honestly be playable) and include Dixie, Krystal, and Wolf in the mix.

Still, we do have a new DK stage on Wii U to look forward to at least. Its something. And maybe Chunky will show up there, since Mother Brain is also absent from the 3DS and we KNOW Mother Brain is a confirmed AT.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I can't believe K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo are being ignored. I also can't believe even characters like Isaac and Dixie are being ignored. I'm writing an complain (but still respectful) e-mail to Nintendo right now. Series like DK, Metroid and Star Fox are lacking in content. @ BKupa666 BKupa666 Please send me an invite the the Big 4 group. I actively support K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo and Isaac would be an awesome addition. The battle may be over, but the war is not lost. Let's kontinue to support K. Rool and others until they are in!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can't believe K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo are being ignored. I also can't believe even characters like Isaac and Dixie are being ignored. I'm writing an complain (but still respectful) e-mail to Nintendo right now. Series like DK, Metroid and Star Fox are lacking in content. @ BKupa666 BKupa666 Please sen me an invite the the Big 4 group. I actively support K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo and Isaac would be an awesome addition. The battle may be over, but the war is not lost. Let's kontinue to support K. Rool and others until they are in!
I believe you can request to be invited as well.

http://smashboards.com/social-forum...oup-ridley-mewtwo-isaac-and-king-k-rool.1740/

I was already invited, but people have been posting the link, you should be able to request to be invited. I STILL hate the term Big Four, though. I mean, they are pretty big, but there's also characters who are very close in popularity to Isaac, closer to Isaac than the Big 3, honestly.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Is the one person who actually listened and gave us Kremlings. Maybe it wasn't K. Rool, but he at least did something nice for the Kremling fans.
Retro wanted to use the Kremlings but Nintendo told them not to.

I swear it's like Nintendo goes out of its way to make decisions that lower the quality of the DK franchise.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I miss Rare.
Who doesn't? :cry:

If Rare's buyout had never happened, K. Rool would have been in Brawl, we would have more Country games with Kremlings, Conker, Banjo...

Since then, I swore I'd never buy a Microsoft console, and I never will.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Who doesn't? :cry:

If Rare's buyout had never happened, K. Rool would have been in Brawl, we would have more Country games with Kremlings, Conker, Banjo...

Since then, I swore I'd never buy a Microsoft console, and I never will.
I never liked X-Box in the first place, I always thought it was a cheap rip off of Playstation. After I found out that they had bought Rare and what they did to Banjo-Kazooie(Nut's N Bolts) though, that's when I utterly and completely despised them to this day. I'll play some games on it over my friends house but never EVER will I own any kind of X-Box myself.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thank god that troll got banned. If he comes back, learn some damn respect before coming into supporter's threads. I don't know if K. Rool or the other Big 4 will finally get in Smash with Sakurai's current actions in mind. But I'll still support your characters, no matter what happens. DK needs a rep now more then ever and the King will make a fine addition.

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24
Retro wanted to use the Kremlings but Nintendo told them not to.

I swear it's like Nintendo goes out of its way to make decisions that lower the quality of the DK franchise.
I thinks they did that because they wanted the DKCR games to stand alone without previous Rare aspects (and it surprisingly did!)

I'm fine with the alliance, although personally I don't like calling it Big Four. Isaac is popular and all, but he's nowhere near the level of K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo. I'd rather call it the Neglected Franchise Alliance (and just include Mewtwo as well because he should honestly be playable) and include Dixie, Krystal, and Wolf in the mix.

Still, we do have a new DK stage on Wii U to look forward to at least. Its something. And maybe Chunky will show up there, since Mother Brain is also absent from the 3DS and we KNOW Mother Brain is a confirmed AT.
But you see, the hype 3 and Isaac can be likened to the 3 musketeers!
Ridley is Athos
K. Rool is Porthos
Mewtwo is Aramis
And Isaac is the new member, D'Artagnan!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So will every Kutthroat receive an invite?
I think its probably easier just to ask. Not everyone who participated during the running to be in the main game may WANT to speculate on DLC, so as not to be disappointed. More than anything, I just want to keep chatting with fellow DK and K. Rool fans. I don't care nearly as much about actually speculating about DLC. If it happens, great, and I'll participate in promoting K. Rool for DLC, but I'm not counting on it happening.

Top Bottom