• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
After seeing the Dixie trophy, I now fully expect K. Rool for the Wii U version.

Remember, Sakurai said the games would have the same roster, but he didn't say when that would be the case. As long as any potential Wii U characters are somehow made available on 3DS, they still have the same roster.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Theres a double dip

1 dixie kong deconfirmed king k rool is only possible

2 the fianl pre-release potd confirma patches so its not over

(But don't get your hopes up i think we are stuck with paying for the crocodile if hes in.)
I would pay for the game three times over if it meant getting the king in.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
After seeing the Dixie trophy, I now fully expect K. Rool for the Wii U version.

Remember, Sakurai said the games would have the same roster, but he didn't say when that would be the case. As long as any potential Wii U characters are somehow made available on 3DS, they still have the same roster.
I want to believe... But it's such a twisting of his words that I'll have to see it to believe it.

I do know that they'd be insane to try to hype up the WiI U version with HD graphics, modes, and stages alone, but from what Sakurai has said, I believe that to be the road they're going down. Even though they NEED the Wii U version to be SUPER successful, they decided to prioritize the 3DS version, and let it get all of the hype.

I can't believe it... I hope they have a surprise, but it just seems not feasible.

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
I've subskribed to the hidden Wii U kharacters theory. It may seem a little krazy, but it also seems like the best way to hype up the Wii U version. If the theory is true and the final four do exist, I'm konfident that our glorious King K. Rool will be among them. No kharacter is diskonfirmed until they actually are, and the King's still out there. We'll find him someday. Until then, gentlemen, it's been an honor supporting K. Rool with you.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
K. Rool will always be important in Nintendo's and Donkey's history, like Mr. Game & Watch. No matter the time, he'll be there.
Man, you guys are optimistic. For me, KKR is dead and buried six feet under the ground. If he really is such an important character for the DK-Series and Nintendo in general, than he would be in. But he isn't. He's not. For me KKR died, when Rareware died. I see it like that. KKR is for me more an Rareware-Character like Banjo, Conker, Taj the elephant or Kameo than a Nintendo-Character like Mario, Link, Kirby or Pit. He has more this Rareware-Touch on him than the Touch and the Feeling of a Nintendo-Character. So their for I can accept he refusal way better.

See him as a dead Rare-Character and not as an Nintendo-All-Stars. Than you can see the king is way far away to be called an Nintendo-All-Star. Just like Rareware he means nothing this days anymore. Even in the current states of Nintendo-Cast their are a ton of other characters who are much, much more
valuable than him and have more the right for playable characters then the king himself.

- Dr. Luigi has better chances, as a clone of Dr. Mario.
- Medusa has better chances and is more important for Smash, than him.
- The Babies in Mario, who we can see as characters for the Yoshi-Series, are more important than K. Rool their also appear more than him.
- Hawchula is more important and more valuable than him.
- Misty from Pokémon, even if she is not a fighter, has better chances to be a playable character, than him.
- Those two new protagonist from Splatoon are now more important for Nintendo than K. Rool ever was.
- Lana, from Hyrule Warriors, has actually also much better chances, than him.
- Chrom is more important, than him.
- That guy from Harmoknight is more of an Nintendo-All-Star than.

KKR is also an All-Star but not an Nintendo-All-Star, he a killed off Rareware All-Star. Give it up guys. He's dead. Dead like Rareware. Trust me guys. If you can accept his dead that you feel so much better.

At least you could enjoy the kings great legacy in the DKC-Trilogy and DK64.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Man, you guys are optimistic. For me, KKR is dead and buried six feet under the ground. If he really is such an important character for the DK-Series and Nintendo in general, than he would be in. But he isn't. He's not. For me KKR died, when Rareware died. I see it like that. KKR is for me more an Rareware-Character like Banjo, Conker, Taj the elephant or Kameo than a Nintendo-Character like Mario, Link, Kirby or Pit. He has more this Rareware-Touch on him than Nintendo-Feeling. So their for I can accept he refusal better.

See him as a dead Rare-Character and not as an Nintendo-Character. Just like Rareware he means nothing this days anymore. Even in the current states of Nintendo-All-Stars their are a ton of other characters who are much, much more
valuable than him and have more the right for playable characters then the king himself.

- The Babies in Mario, who we can see as characters for the Yoshi-Series, are more important than K. Rool their also appear more than him.
- Misty from Pokémon, even if she is not a fighter, has better chances to be a playable character, than him.
- Those two new protagonist from Splatoon are now more important for Nintendo than K. Rool ever was.

Give it up guys. He's dead. Dead like Rareware. Trust me guys. If you can accept his dead that you feel so much better.

How dare we have a positive outlook! We should all be grumps like you! That'll make us happy!

Last edited:

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
How dare we have a positive outlook! We should all be grumps like you! That'll make us happy!
Not really grumps, but people who can accept a failure in life better. C'mon guys, give your love and loyalty characters who deserve it more like Hawlucha, Toad, Pseudo-Palutena, Balloon Fighter, Birdo, Takamaru and more. Trust me you will be than on the winners site.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo. Because he he still is a part of his own franchise and second, Sakurai even mention it, that he could see Mewtwo returning. He spelled out his name, so their for Mewtwo is more valuable than the king.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Not really grumps, but people who can accept a failure in life better. C'mon guys, give your love and loyalty characters who deserve it more like Hawlucha, Toad, Pseudo-Palutena, Balloon Fighter, Birdo, Takamaru and more. Trust me you will be than on the winners site.
Ohhhh we will be on the winners side sooner or later... But anyways, it's not about victory, defeat, or defending characters that have "more chances" (at least in your opinion, 'cause I think none of those you mention will actually be in Smash, only maybe Birdo as alt), it's about supporting the character we love and want in Smash, PERIOD.

Mewtwo. Because he he still is a part of his own franchise and second, Sakurai even mention it, that he could see Mewtwo returning. He spelled out his name, so their for Mewtwo is more valuable than the king.
Sakurai mentioned his cat! Sakurai's cat confirmed for Smash 5!

... When you say Mewtwo's still part of his own franchise, you do have seen Kremlings in Smash Run right? Because last time I checked, Kremlings are enemies from the DK series.

And following your reasoning, Wart is not a Mario character, or Krystal a Starfox character. :p

Farewell fellow-Kremling.
Sorry, you're not a Kutthroat. A real Kutthroat defends and likes K Rool, and you don't seem to.

Last edited:

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
... When you say Mewtwo's still part of his own franchise, you do have seen Kremlings in Smash Run right? Because last time I checked, Kremlings are enemies from the DK series.
Kritters also appeared in Mario Spinoffs like Strikers and Sluggers. So you can see them as "Half-Mario-Characters". If it where other Kremlings, who mostly appeared in DK-Games, like Klump, Krusha, Kopter, Krook etc. It will be something else. But in the last few years Kritters where more a part of the Mario Series than the DK Series.

And following your reasoning, Wart is not a Mario character, or Krystal a Starfox character
Indeed my friend, indeed. I really do not see Krystal, Tricky and General Scales. They where planned to be a part of their own series Dinosaur Planet. Krystal would never be a part of the SF-Series if Miyamoto told Rareware to change DP to SFA. Their for I see her as a Dinosaur Planet-Character. She really has nothing to do with SF.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Kritters also appeared in Mario Spinoffs like Strikers and Sluggers. So you can see them as "Half-Mario-Characters". If it where other Kremlings, who mostly appeared in DK-Games, like Klump, Krusha, Kopter, Krook etc. It will be something else. But in the last few years Kritters where more a part of the Mario Series than the DK Series.
Who cares about the last years?! Were ROB or the Duck Hunt Dog included because they have recent games? No.

Indeed my friend, indeed. I really do not see Krystal, Tricky and General Scales. They where planned to be a part of their own series Dinosaur Planet. Krystal would never be a part of the SF-Series if Miyamoto told Rareware to change DP to SFA. Their for I see her as a Dinosaur Planet-Character. She really has nothing to do with SF.
Yes, they were supposed to be in Dinosaur Planet, but it turned out to be a Starfox game. A Starfox game. Starfox. If that was the case, they would have been removed and replaced with other new characters, but they stayed.

Doesn't matter what they were going to be, it matters what they actually are.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
How do I join the alliance?

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't matter what they were going to be, it matters what they actually are.

In this case, it only matters that Krystal is instead now a blandand boring love interest and not the young adventurer she was supposed to be? I'm not sure, if this is really the better way.

As for KKR. Did you Kremling-Fans knew, that KKR was actually planed to be an enemy in the game Battletoads? Their for you can not see him as a full DK-Character. He's a Rareware-Character, just like Krystal. They do not have to be in an Nintendo-All-Star Game. It would be nice. But their are not a part of their big Nintendo Family. Their more the cousins no one really cares about.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Man, you guys are optimistic. For me, KKR is dead and buried six feet under the ground. If he really is such an important character for the DK-Series and Nintendo in general, than he would be in. But he isn't. He's not. For me KKR died, when Rareware died. I see it like that. KKR is for me more an Rareware-Character like Banjo, Conker, Taj the elephant or Kameo than a Nintendo-Character like Mario, Link, Kirby or Pit. He has more this Rareware-Touch on him than the Touch and the Feeling of a Nintendo-Character. So their for I can accept he refusal way better.

See him as a dead Rare-Character and not as an Nintendo-All-Stars. Than you can see the king is way far away to be called an Nintendo-All-Star. Just like Rareware he means nothing this days anymore. Even in the current states of Nintendo-Cast their are a ton of other characters who are much, much more

- Chrom is more important, than him.
- That guy from Harmoknight is more of an Nintendo-All-Star than.

KKR is also an All-Star but not an Nintendo-All-Star, he a killed off Rareware All-Star. Give it up guys. He's dead. Dead like Rareware. Trust me guys. If you can accept his dead that you feel so much better.

Isn't this disproven by the fact that other RARE made DK characters, like Diddy Kong, are in the roster, and the fact King K. Rool was implemented and playable in Mario Super Sluggers?

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Isn't this disproven by the fact that other RARE made DK characters, like Diddy Kong, are in the roster, and the fact King K. Rool was implemented and playable in Mario Super Sluggers?
No, not really. Diddy was ment to be a DK-Character. KKR and the Kremlings not. And they only included KKR and the Kritters in Sluggers, because they needed more characters for the teams. With more characters now, they is no need to included the Kremlings in a possible Mario Sluggers 2. We have now have Rosalina, Baby Rosalina, Luma, The Koopalings, Cranky Kong, Tikis and Snomads to choose off. So why choose KKR over those characters?

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Ha-HA-HA-HA-Ha! O, man, that's to much for me.

Told you guys. Give it up. No DLC for KKR. C'mon guys, forget that king. Support characters who are a part of Nintendo's big family. Support Viridi, Waddle Dee, Baby Rosalina, new Pokémon and Cooking Mama for the next Smash. Not the ghost of a character who died many years ago.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Those are both crappy Paon models for the characters...maybe they're just placeholders for now?

Fingers crossed there's no idiotic reference to a 'brother' here.

Ha-HA-HA-HA-Ha! O, man, taht to much for me.

Told you guys. Give it up. No DLC for KKR. C'mpn guys forget the king. Support characters who are a part of Nintendo's big family. Support Viridi, Waddle Dee, Baby Rosalina, new Pokémon and Cooking Mama. Not the ghost of a character who died many years ago.
I seriously can't tell whether this is sarcastic or not. Support soulless new characters like Baby Rosalina solely because they're new instead of someone we actually grew up with and care about (and who isn't THAT long gone)? You've got to be kidding, right?

Last edited:

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
I seriously can't tell whether this is sarcastic or not. Support soulless new characters like Baby Rosalina solely because they're new instead of someone we actually grew up with and care about (and who isn't THAT long gone)? You've got to be kidding, right?
Trust me, in a few years, Baby Rosalina will be a much more important character for Nintendo, than KKR ever was in his whole career. You guys will see. She will be included in more future games the than the reptilian king.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ha-HA-HA-HA-Ha! O, man, that's to much for me.

Told you guys. Give it up. No DLC for KKR. C'mon guys, forget that king. Support characters who are a part of Nintendo's big family. Support Viridi, Waddle Dee, Baby Rosalina, new Pokémon and Cooking Mama for the next Smash. Not the ghost of a character who died many years ago.
Not cool dude.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Trust me, in a few years, Baby Rosalina will be a much more important character for Nintendo, than KKR ever was in his whole career. You guys will see. She will be included in more future games the than the reptilian king.

I've given up on anyone that isn't Kid Icarus, but that doesn't mean I want those characters any less!

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Guys, ignore Rattle Kalimba, he is just another idiot who thinks being on the winners side is all that matters

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Not cool dude.
I know, sorry guys. But it's really to funny that actually a bunch of people thought KKR is important enough to be a playable character side on side with big names like Mario, Link, Pit, Kirby or Shulk. I even was one of those weirdos. But luckily I woke up and now I can see the whole truth. KKR is nothing, absolutely nothing compare to the real All-Stars like Greninja, Lucina and Rosalina. Those are characters who have the right to be called real Nintendo-Stars. Not a character created by a company that means nothing anymore.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Guys, he is a troll, ignore him -_-

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know, sorry guys. But it's really to funny that actually a bunch of people thought KKR is important enough to be a playable character side on side with big names like Mario, Link, Pit, Kirby or Shulk. I even was one of those weirdos. But luckily I woke up and now I can see the whole truth. KKR is nothing, absolutely nothing compare to the real All-Stars like Greninja, Lucina, Rosalina.
'The real All-stars' characters who have made only one appearance other than Rosalina who is in what, 5 games?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I know, sorry guys. But it's really to funny that actually a bunch of people thought KKR is important enough to be a playable character side on side with big names like Mario, Link, Pit, Kirby or Shulk. I even was one of those weirdos. But luckily I woke up and now I can see the whole truth. KKR is nothing, absolutely nothing compare to the real All-Stars like Greninja, Lucina, Rosalina.
I honestly hope you're being sarcastic. If you aren't, I'll gladly suggest you stop before this ends up in a pointless argument. There's no point in saying this.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I honestly hope you're being sarcastic. If you aren't, I'll gladly suggest you stop before this ends up in a pointless argument. There's no point in saying this.
Dude, stop giving this troll fuel, he is here to mess with us. Please, give up arguing with him, it's pointless

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
I mean it. It's not sarcastic at all. I supportaed KKR many years, since Melee. But I see now the face of the reality. KKR was back in the old days an important character for the DK-Series. He was the main villain of te series. But now, what is he? Tell me. He's not an All-Star, he's not worthy to be an AT, or a boss. Not even a stage hazard. He's just a big, green croc with a crown on his head and that's all he is. He's not like Greninja or Rosalina who both have a shinny future in his series. Greninja is only a few months old and is more valuable than K. Rool ever was. I mean that says everything.

Last edited:

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Am I the only one whose just happy to see him in a freaking game again. I mean after not seeing him in DKCR or TF it's nice to finally see him again. Hopefully someone translates the trophy description. Also as for another DK rep, if we do get DLC I'm hoping for Cranky, since the same thing just happened to Dixie.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Ok, now it's official. Ship sank. It's been a real honor to navigate this seas with you guys. I don't think DLC is an option with any character whose trophy has been spotted tbh.

See you in 7 years, my King! We Kutthroats will return! Until then... Farewell!

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Does having a trophy in-game now really de-confirm a character for potential DLC? I think that's a big leap in logic which has not really got any justification behind it.

Top Bottom