• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I thought it was more becuase, when Retro kicked the Donkey Kong series back up with Returns, they were deciding who to bring back or leave behind. Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky were kept (and so was Funky to an extent), but K Rool and the Kremlings were left behind in order to start fresh. Sadly (or better yet, thankfully) the new villains between Returns and Tropical Freeze didn't quite catch on as K Rool and his Kremling Krew did.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I thought it was more becuase, when Retro kicked the Donkey Kong series back up with Returns, they were deciding who to bring back or leave behind. Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky were kept (and so was Funky to an extent), but K Rool and the Kremlings were left behind in order to start fresh. Sadly (or better yet, thankfully) the new villains between Returns and Tropical Freeze didn't quite catch on as K Rool and his Kremling Krew did.
I think that's true to an extent. My thoughts are pretty much Retro wanted to focus less on fan service and more on crafting their own great DKC games (which they've done so far) and are slowly adding back characters fans loved.

Though given how the things that continually get criticized are the villains in particular (even though I didn't mind the Snowmads, I actually liked them, even if they were just arctic Kremlings.) I think we're probably due to see a return of a certain King.

I'm really most interested to see what angle they'd do it from. They have to know the Kaptain is probably the most memorable, so they'd probably bring that in SOMEHOW.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
K. Rool is the first newcomer to get his own costume pack, consisting of a dozen Smash Bros 64 themed disguises such as Super Roolio, Donkey Rool, K. Link, Bounty Hunter Rool, Roolshy, K. of the Stars, Star Kroc, Pi-Ka Rool, Ruligi, Captain Croc, PK Rool and Jiggroolypuff. He is promptly removed from the game as a result of complaints that Sakurai unfairly biases DK characters and replaced with Light Donkey Kong.

D

Deleted member

Relevant:

Remember shinyquagmire? He leaked Roy and Ryu and also found this.

Do you think that we will get:

- Six characters; five planned beforehand and one ballot character?
- More than six; six planned before hand and whatever number of ballot character we get?

I'm leaning towards the second option. I can't see us getting just one ballot character in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He steals the bananas in order to make everyone have an equal amount
Actually, my theory is that K.Rool is actually trying to force / bring capitalism into Donkey Kong Island, hence why the Kongs are only interessted in bananas, but from DKC2 and onward they are also forced to use a monterary system in Banana Coins, Hero Coins, Bonus Coins and what not. The Kremlings also have their industrial places in Donkey Kong Island, like the Kremkroc Industries. Chimp Caverns and Monkey Mines could've very well been Kong-friendly places before to, but taken under Kremling occupation since K.Rool started settling his army there.

Honestly, I think the potential for a very deep DKC story is definitely there. And would really help expand on the Kong's personalities, as well as King K.Rool's.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I think we will get 2-3 ballot Characters 6 months of voting is too much for just one.

It would be cool if Retro does infact make a third DK game and K. Rool comes back, if the final boss battle has you fight all 3 of his classic incarnations plus a new one. Not a repeat of the old boss battles just 4 different sections of a boss's fight featuring classic, Kaptain, and Roolenstien then a brand new persona.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Relevant:

- More than six; six planned before hand and whatever number of ballot character we get?

I'm leaning towards the second option. I can't see us getting just one ballot character in the game.
I'd say option number 2. We can't be getting just one ballot character.

Say, does anyone have the full, complete version of the data shown above from Fuzzy Pickles!?

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
So I switched his smash attacks last night and reduce his Rifle butt to a side A and his dash attack to a bull charge.

For the mists, it's a neutral B attack with some lag and charge up time. Right now I suppose it is his slow down gas which lasts 1/5 seconds just to give him some breathing room from his opponents

Attachments

Last edited:

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
I find that I'm really getting the hang of this whole DK64 thing. Beware my Diddy popguns.

I do wish that Dixie was here instead of Tiny, or Funky and Cranky instead of Chunky and Lankey, but I can't really complain.

Imagine DK64 spiritual successor with Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, Funky, and Cranky, with K Rool back as the antagonist, of course. I also wouldn't mind a Kremling defector as a playable character. I mean, K Lumsy is on your side at the start of DK64 once you agree to help him, so there's that.
what are you talking about? Lanky and Chunky are awesome.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I've never understood why people don't like the Kongs that were introduced in Donkey Kong 64. They have far more personality than anybody that came before them. Chunky is full of charisma, so it's a shame that he's never been brought back. Even though DK already fulfills Chunky's role as "the strong guy", I think there's room for both characters to co-exist. Retro pls.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I see K. Rool being like the Koopalings. Both were dropped from their series and took time off. They removal was very unpopular and people are pushing for their return. K. Rool will come back just like the Koopalings in a big way.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I see K. Rool being like the Koopalings. Both were dropped from their series and took time off. They removal was very unpopular and people are pushing for their return. K. Rool will come back just like the Koopalings in a big way.
In New Super Mario Bros. 3 as a world boss:troll:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
This is a good analogy. The Koopalings were dismissed as being "irrelevant" for the longest time, and now they're everywhere. Like K. Rool, they had legions of fans who were disappointed that they were replaced by other villains. Nintendo isn't stupid. I could see them hyping up the return of the Kremlings in a hypothetical third Donkey Kong Country game from Retro Studios. Their presence would be a selling point for many people, myself included. At this point, it's going to be a battle to see who brings them back first.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No, Diddy and Cranky were kept. Then they continued and brought back Dixie and Funky due to fan demand.

This argument always drives me nuts. Look at Returns. Who is in it?

Now look at TF. Who is in that?

TF brought back two more Kongs and a bunch of additional gameplay elements, plus David Wise. They're slowly phasing back in all the old DK elements.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wonder how the Kremlings will make their intro in the hypothetical 3rd Retro DKC.

DKCR's intro had a Tiki Tak trying to hypnotise Donkey Kong (lol), who failed terribly. On the other hand, the Snowmads were shown as quite competent and dangerous in their intro. I seriously hope the Kremling's intro can top that.

:231:

cybersai

Smash Ace
A lot of you are also forgetting Funky Kong was in Mario Kart Wii for some odd reason, even though he didn't come back in the Wii-U one.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
A lot of you are also forgetting Funky Kong was in Mario Kart Wii for some odd reason, even though he didn't come back in the Wii-U one.
Diddy wasn't even in it.
Instead we have: Metal Mario, Baby Rosalina, Pink Gold Peach, All 7 Koopalings, Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach.
Out of that lot I only like the Koopalings.
Mario and Peach having three variations outside of their default form at the expense of Diddy, Bowser Jr and two others was a silly move imo.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Just one ballot character is too little. I'm leaning towards 3 ballot characters.

:231:
I think 2..
But 3 would be great but like i said before they could add 100 but if none of them are K.Rool then i would be disappointed/wouldn't give a damn.

@ Schnee117 Schnee117 apparently Diddy wasent in MK8 because Nintendo are working on Diddy kong Racing 2.

Just a little rumour...but yh...
Diddy and Funky, King Boo should have been in MK8 probly even Petey Piranna but my guess hes to big...like Ridley lol...

Hey petey piranna for smash would be deep i would main him..but yh...

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'd love for K. Rool to appear in Smash Bros., finally playable, but for some reason I think that Dixie Kong, while more boring probably, still deserves the spot first. Would be nice to see them both join in. I'm pretty sure that K. Rool and Ridley will be the most voted in the Ballot anyway, so I think he has a very strong chance.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'd love for K. Rool to appear in Smash Bros., finally playable, but for some reason I think that Dixie Kong, while more boring probably, still deserves the spot first. Would be nice to see them both join in. I'm pretty sure that K. Rool and Ridley will be the most voted in the Ballot anyway, so I think he has a very strong chance.
If Sakurai didnt speak out against Ridley then i would still think he would be very highly requested in the ballot even though he is a stage boss people would ask sakurai to go with his moveset and expand on it because he litreally functions like a playable character.

But he is still voted quite high but is getting beaten buy a good 7 or so characters.

No particular order.

K.Rool
Shovel Knight
Wonder Red
Issac

Theres others but not sure how requested they are not so much i think comapred to the names mentioned above i think they are the most requested based on what everyone is saying.../feedback etc...

PS: I dont hate dixie...but if she gets in over K.Rool it would be extremely underwhelming......extremeley....

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey guys!.. Here's one more thing for our Kampaing!..

I made this with the help of @ SuperiorYoshi87 SuperiorYoshi87 and his amazing custom figure! ... Yep, a K. Rool Amiibo packaging to stir our imagination! =D.. looks nic- oooh.... well.. seems that's soldout now. :\/

XD.. hope you liked! =)

D

Deleted member

Actually, my theory is that K.Rool is actually trying to force / bring capitalism into Donkey Kong Island, hence why the Kongs are only interessted in bananas, but from DKC2 and onward they are also forced to use a monterary system in Banana Coins, Hero Coins, Bonus Coins and what not. The Kremlings also have their industrial places in Donkey Kong Island, like the Kremkroc Industries. Chimp Caverns and Monkey Mines could've very well been Kong-friendly places before to, but taken under Kremling occupation since K.Rool started settling his army there.

Honestly, I think the potential for a very deep DKC story is definitely there. And would really help expand on the Kong's personalities, as well as King K.Rool's.
I will have to admit it would be very interesting to see how politics would be like in the video game universe, evne Donkey Kong. That is, if it can be done tastefully and isn't just some propaganda done by whoever is involved in the story.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If Sakurai didnt speak out against Ridley then i would still think he would be very highly requested in the ballot even though he is a stage boss people would ask sakurai to go with his moveset and expand on it because he litreally functions like a playable character.

But he is still voted quite high but is getting beaten buy a good 7 or so characters.

No particular order.

K.Rool
Shovel Knight
Wonder Red
Issac

Theres others but not sure how requested they are not so much i think comapred to the names mentioned above i think they are the most requested based on what everyone is saying.../feedback etc...

PS: I dont hate dixie...but if she gets in over K.Rool it would be extremely underwhelming......extremeley....
How do you know those characters are getting voted more than Ridley? Simply logic or there's a source to actually know that?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
How do you know those characters are getting voted more than Ridley? Simply logic or there's a source to actually know that?
Well according to most youtube videos and what i hear from people saying and speaking universally it goes something like this.

EPRKw1S.jpg

But yeah... the ones at the bottom are characters that are voted alot too just that they are already in the game in one way or another

Stage boss/Hazard
Or
Assist Trophy

And the final section is 3rd parties.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Mario Kart & Mario spin off rosters in general are really odd. Characters come and go for no reason and there's barely any consistency beyond the appearance of the greats(Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, etc.).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's funny, because in Brawl, if someone had suggested the Koopalings, even exactly as they are now, they would've gotten the same responses from detractors we're getting.

"They're not important to their series"; "Mario's moved on, fresh new villains, etc." "Bowser Jr./Lord Frederick replaced them."

Soon...

@the chart up there: I'd put Isaac second. He's at least ahead or in contention with the King in a few places, while those other characters are....not.

Chibi Robo's cool and all, but definitely not coming up as competition.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well according to most youtube videos and what i hear from people saying and speaking universally it goes something like this.

But yeah... the ones at the bottom are characters that are voted alot too just that they are already in the game in one way or another

Stage boss/Hazard
Or
Assist Trophy

Well that's all speculation even if probably true. Who knows though, there might be a handful of crazy fans voting for a character a hundred times everyday just because. People are weird like that. Anyway, I think that we will still get a surprise out of this Ballot, because Sakurai.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226

View attachment 48149

Stage boss/Hazard
Or
Assist Trophy

3rd party characters are not created equal. I invite people to click on my sig or this link to learn more about Shantae.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
So I switched his smash attacks last night and reduce his Rifle butt to a side A and his dash attack to a bull charge.

For the mists, it's a neutral B attack with some lag and charge up time. Right now I suppose it is his slow down gas which lasts 1/5 seconds just to give him some breathing room from his opponents
His crouch should be him playing dead. But then again, I guess that pose would be better suited for his pratfalls. I also would like to mention that K. Rool's get up attacks should be the most powerful in the game. Because that's what K. Rool does; he gets you when you least expect it.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Relevant:

Forgive me if I sound stupid, but what code is there that gives a hint of more characters?

Top Bottom