• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Seeing more gameplay with the Kremlings shows how big they are! They're huge compared to Kirby! I guess they made them that way to make them about DKs size? They're friggin big.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Why bother showing it off so much then?

I still don't understand why he'd go through the trouble of bringing back the Kritters without their badass leader.
We've only seen it twice if memory serves.

I'm more interested in the Chunky thing really. According to two unrelated witnesses, he does something he does in the intro to DK64, and if the rumors that Sakurai likes DK64 are true, I'd say it's looking pretty true. But then why has no one else seen him?

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
We've only seen it twice if memory serves.

I'm more interested in the Chunky thing really. According to two unrelated witnesses, he does something he does in the intro to DK64, and if the rumors that Sakurai likes DK64 are true, I'd say it's looking pretty true. But then why has no one else seen him?
I'm honestly past the point of believing that at this point. I'd be happy to proven wrong.

This just goes to show the pain of Rare's buyout still effects us to this day. I'd be shocked if we're seriously not getting any new DKC content period :/

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm honestly past the point of believing that at this point. I'd be happy to proven wrong.

This just goes to show the pain of Rare's buyout still effects us to this day. I'd be shocked if we're seriously not getting any new DKC content period :/
Pretty sure we'll at the absolute least get a new DK stage on the Wii U version. However I'll be completely unsurprised if we get Rumble falls, 75m, or a new generic jungle.

The 3DS stage selection is a mess overall. DK, Metroid, Yoshi, Pikmin, Sonic, G&W, Starfox, and Wario all are not getting new stages. I can understand some of them, such as G&W and Wario, but it's not like there's any shortage of locations to pick from the rest.

Last edited:

Hyle "Slush" Russell

Smash Cadet
Again, I think Sakurai just doesn't care about Donkey Kong. It's there and it's something he has to include, but it doesn't get his creative juices flowing when he can focus on his own franchises and his favorite series like Fire Emblem. It doesn't matter how many amazing characters, stages, or ATs we know we have waiting in the wings when it's more fun for him developing four Mario stages.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm still holding out for K Rool, but I will admit it doesn't look good. The one thing he has going for him is that he will probably be in the game as something. I'm scared he will be a boss, since Sakurai really hasn't showed many of them yet. I still won't give up on him being playable to we have definitive proof though.

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I've come to accept that our Kremling King will probably not be playable. Which is a sad thing to admit, but I think it's the safest bet right now, it's either that or be disappointed. I hope i'm wrong, but I can still hope for Ridley and Dixie.

I honestly hope K. Rool is, if not playable, a boss in Smash Run. It would do him more justice than an Assist Trophy or Stage Boss would, and it would be fun to fight against him for the first time in about a decade. He could have so many cool attacks, and imagine you fighting your way through Kremlings to find him right there ready for a fight, throwing his crown and pulling out the ol' blunderbuss... *sigh. That would be great, it'd explain the Kremlings in Smash Run at least.

Don't lose hope for SSB5 though, look at what happened to Ridley in Brawl, and guess who is one of the most likely characters for SSB4? Think of DLC! He'll make his debut another day...

As we wait for that day, let's listen to this to honor the end of our playable king...

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I've come to accept that our Kremling King will probably not be playable. Which is a sad thing to admit, but I think it's the safest bet right now, it's either that or be disappointed. I hope i'm wrong, but I can still hope for Ridley and Dixie.

I honestly hope K. Rool is, if not playable, a boss in Smash Run. It would do him more justice than an Assist Trophy or Stage Boss would, and it would be fun to fight against him for the first time in about a decade. He could have so many cool attacks, and imagine you fighting your way through Kremlings to find him right there ready for a fight, throwing his crown and pulling out the ol' blunderbuss... *sigh. That would be great, it'd explain the Kremlings in Smash Run at least.

Don't lose hope for SSB5 though, look at what happened to Ridley in Brawl, and guess who is one of the most likely characters for SSB4? Think of DLC! He'll make his debut another day...

As we wait for that day, let's listen to this to honor the end of our playable king...
I really want King K. Rool to be playable, But I'm starting to have doubts. I wish K. Rool was Revived for his own series...
I bet the Kremling Campaign though COULD combine the efforts of enough people to let retro know that people want the King back.
Also Add me to your Supporter list, K. Rool's fans are awesome.

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
I was watching the video of Kirby in Smash Run, and I noticed that there are a lot of Kremlings there and they have another atack like a Tornado like Luigi's, and of course the head atacks like the DK64 cutscene, that's interesting, though.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
why do the Kritters look bigger than Bowser

This alone makes me worried that K. Rool is going to be a boss.
The Kritters are a little smaller than Bowser (I'm saying this based on the Direct.)

It's not that unusual though. Bonkers is much larger than Dedede in Smash Run, but he was only slightly bigger in Return to Dreamland.

I was watching the video of Kirby in Smash Run, and I noticed that there are a lot of Kremlings there and they have another atack like a Tornado like Luigi's, and of course the head atacks like the DK64 cutscene, that's interesting, though.
Yeah, the blue ones attack like this. Though it was known since the April Direct. They're probably making fun of Dixie. :troll:

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I absolutely need K Rool.

I already have Wario, Dedede, Pacman, and Dr Mario. If I have K Rool thats 1 main and 4 secondaries. Ill be set

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
The saddest thing for me is, that the DK-Games will not get as many fanservice like the other games. I mean DK will probably only get one new stage on the Wii U. And even this can not happen. He has no AT yet. And probably will not get one.

Every other game has got at least something. Metroid has 3 AT, DK non, Mario has 6 new stages and Zelda and Pokémon have both 3 new stage , DK has non, Mario has got two newcomers, DK will probably get non, Mario has 12 enemies in Smash Run, KI has 16 enemies and DK only has 2.

I mean you can see that Sakurai really doesn't care much about DK. Same goes for Starfox and F-Zero.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'm still hopeful. Remember how big the Koopas are to Bowser in Brawl? Check Bowsers Smash Run footage Koopas seem pretty big to him aswell. Size dosnt matter in Smash Bros. Remember guys? :D

Further more of you take a look at K.Rools newer models like from barrel blast and super sluggers it actually looks like he's been downsized. He's only slightly bigger than DK and that's just cause DK slouches. Kritters are big in super sluggers aswell they are just as broad shouldered as K.Rool and literally as tall just about. K.Rool just has more girth and on a interesting note his head is a lot smaller than the Kritters giving them an even larger appearance. Watch footage of Super Sluggers and compare the size of the Kritters to Bowser they are taller than him and DK but K.Rool is only a bit taller than Bowser and once again it's because of his straight spine. Seems to me they wanted Kremlings to generally be large. I'm assuming they wanted to make them seem more imposing to DK being a larger character, K.Rool however has been downsized to DKs size just fat and wide, I guess they wanted him to seem like a normal Kremling who's just fat cause he's regal. Doesn't add any certainty but I feel it helps against the discouragement of the Kritter size.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
You guys are the master of pessimism aren't you? Keep it up that way, so when K.Rool is revealed you get even happier.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I've been plugging in the characters, and aside from veterans (pretend they don't exist), there's barely anyone left.

Here's my proof:
[collapse="Mario"]It is an essentially "complete" franchise. With our 7 current Mario characters, and with Paper Mario de facto deconfirmed (we got 2 playable freaking Mario's), no realistic candidate is left.[/collapse]
[collapse="Yoshi"]No.[/collapse]
[collapse="Wario"]Kat & Anna almost definitely isn't happening due to the Ice Climbers factor. Jimmy T. and 9-Volt are reasonably all that's left, and none of those have any realistic shot of happening with Ashley deconfirmed and Wario as a hidden character.[/collapse]
[collapse="Zelda"]There are just 2 potential playable newcomers possibilities left:
-Impa as a Sheik clone. There are rumors of this happening, but they are definitely not confirmed.
-Toon/Young Zelda almost happened in Brawl. This is quite a stretch, but it is very possible.
-Some people would say Demise has a chance, but with Falcondorf confirmed, that ain't happening except as an alt.[/collapse]
[collapse="Metroid"]Dark Samus was deconfirmed. Sylux isn't happening. That leaves just Ridley.[/collapse]
[collapse="Kirby"]The franchise felt "complete" in Brawl. That hasn't changed. Bandanna Dee has his supporters, but he feels like a late DLC addition at best right now.[/collapse]
[collapse="Star Fox"]Krystal was shown as a trophy, and thus practically deconfirmed. That leaves Wolf and no newcomer choices.[/collapse]
[collapse="Pokémon"]Zoroark, Victini, and Genesect (aka the top 3 requested potential Pokémon newcomers for Smash 4) were Pokéball'd.

The only real newcomer option left were Plusle & Minun, and with The Ice Climbers dealio, it's not happening.

As for Sceptile, that never had a shot at happening.[/collapse]
[collapse="F-Zero"]Samurai Goroh is deconfirmed. Falcondorf is confirmed. The dream is dead.[/collapse]
[collapse="MOTHER"]With Ness confirmed it is now Lucas and no newcomers as a focus.[/collapse]
[collapse="Kid Icarus"]Medusa is a trophy. This series is done with characters.[/collapse]
[collapse="Nintendo franchises already with playable characters"]Pikmin likely isn't getting a newcomer with Alph confirmed as a Olimar alt via the word leaks of the primary leaker. So that's it.

Animal Crossing had Tom Nook deconfirmed. That's over.

Xenoblades and Wii Fit obviously will not getting any more playable characters.[/collapse]
[collapse="Retro Nintendo franchises"]-Mach Rider is in a few leaks, and Sakurai mentioned he was considered to be playable in Melee as a "retro character" (where the Ice Climbers were confirmed). It makes sense as a choice. He's been thrown around as a potential "out of the box" choice since Melee came out, similar to the Villager, only without as much fanfare.
-Similar sentiments are true for the Excite Biker, but to a lesser degree. This seems like a lite version of the Mach Rider, thus I don't really see it as an option. I think we can scratch the Excite Biker off the list for that reason.
-Similar things are true for Sukapon, but making Sukapon into a functional character would be a difficult task, as Sakurai noted idea would require insanely specific ideas to make it work on the Melee Dojo. However, it is still possible.
-The only other significant retro characters left I can think of are Muddy Mole, Sheriff, Starman (fFamicom/NES Pro Wrestling), Bubbles (Clu-Clu Land), and the Urban Champion. That is real digging, and that's why I cannot see it happening.[/collapse]
[collapse="Modern Nintendo franchises"]-Obviously The Chorus Men/Kids were in the Gematsu/Sal leaks. That's almost definitely still happening.
-Isaac is the most popular choice of potential newcomers not in the Sal leaks. Well, sans Ridley, Dixie, and K. Rool. It would definitely be a great choice. However, Isaac's time has probably passed, although the fact he hasn't been deconfirmed as an AT like he was in Brawl is puzzling. If he's not in Smash 3DS in any capacity, that would likely mean good things for Isaac fans.
-Andy from Advance Wars make a lot of sense. However, that sounds like a very far fetched idea.
-Ray has a cult following and some good ideas behind them, but that's probably not happening.
-Ditto what I said about Ray for Chibi Robo.[/collapse]
[collapse="3rd Party characters"]I'm going to ignore this, but basically it's Rayman only, and that's probably as DLC. Bayonetta could happen though.[/collapse]
[collapse="Donkey Kong"]-Cranky has essentially deconfirmed when he was shown as a trophy. That leaves just 2 legitimate candidates left with Diddy and DK confirmed:
-Dixie: There are obviously rumors of Dixie, and she has been discussed and wanted for a while. She was originally designed for Brawl to team with Diddy, which didn't happen, but there's still reasons to suggest the Smash developers like the idea.
-K. Rool: Well duh. It makes too much sense, especially with the high amount of requests and the obvious potential there.[/collapse]

====

So, based on my conclusions, sans the unconfirmed veterans, these are the potential newcomers barring something crazy happening...
[collapse=" Potential newcomers in Alphabetical order"]1. Andy from Advance Wars.
2. Bandanna Dee from Kirby's Dreamland.
3. Chibi-Robo from Chibi-Robo.
4. Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong Country.
5. Impa from the The Legend of Zelda (likely as a Sheik clone or semi-clone).
6. Isaac from Golden Sun.
7. King K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country.
8. Mach Rider from Mach Rider.
9. Ray from Custom Robo.
10. Ridley from Metroid.
11. Sukapon from Joy Mech Fighter.
12. Toon/Young Zelda from The Legend of Zelda.[/collapse]
That's 12 potential newcomers barring something from crazy left field. A dozen.

Face it, there's not a whole lot of newcomer candidates left right about now, unless Sakurai and co. have more Wii Fit Trainer-esk (not Greninja/Robin/Duck Hunt Dog-esk) newcomers.

That's good news for us K. Rool fans. If Ridley gets confirmed or heck, even Dixie, that's one less "super popular" character left for K. Rool to have to compare to. Ridley is the only one near equal with K. Rool in that regard, and Ridley seems like a lock. I don't see why K. Rool would be far behind.

Ridley, K. Rool, and Dixie are so much more highly requested than any character not playable in Brawl it utterly hurts my brain.

The next closest were Isaac and Bandanna Dee. Isaac's front is quiet, and Bandanna Dee is almost definitely not in.

On top of that, Impa and Toon/Young Zelda are easy clone ideas. Andy, Chibi-Robo, Ray, and Sukapon almost definitely aren't happening, and Bandanna Dee doesn't have a much better shot than that.

That's 5 characters with minimal chances, and 2 clones that were never really "competition". That leaves 5 newcomer candidates, in a somewhat clear order of likelihood.
5. Isaac
4. Mach Rider
3. Dixie or K. Rool (roughly a tie; it isn't necessarily one or another, so people, please relax on that)
1. Ridley (the over a year worth of teasing got him super over)

This bodes well for K. Rool, especially with the icon moving theories (which were true in Melee and Brawl, so why wouldn't they be true now=???).

Regardless, whether K. Rool first arrives in vanilla Smash 3DS, a DLC between the release of Smash 3DS and Smash WiiU, vanilla Smash WiiU, or post-Smash WiiU's release DLC is insignificant. He'd be great for any and all of that.

I just don't see him ever getting flat deconfirmed, unless Sakurai and co. truly hate gameplay and money.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I've been plugging in the characters, and aside from veterans (pretend they don't exist), there's barely anyone left.

Here's my proof:
[collapse="Mario"]It is an essentially "complete" franchise. With our 7 current Mario characters, and with Paper Mario de facto deconfirmed (we got 2 playable freaking Mario's), no realistic candidate is left.[/collapse]
[collapse="Yoshi"]No.[/collapse]
[collapse="Wario"]Kat & Anna almost definitely isn't happening due to the Ice Climbers factor. Jimmy T. and 9-Volt are reasonably all that's left, and none of those have any realistic shot of happening with Ashley deconfirmed and Wario as a hidden character.[/collapse]
[collapse="Zelda"]There are just 2 potential playable newcomers possibilities left:
-Impa as a Sheik clone. There are rumors of this happening, but they are definitely not confirmed.
-Toon/Young Zelda almost happened in Brawl. This is quite a stretch, but it is very possible.
-Some people would say Demise has a chance, but with Falcondorf confirmed, that ain't happening except as an alt.[/collapse]
[collapse="Metroid"]Dark Samus was deconfirmed. Sylux isn't happening. That leaves just Ridley.[/collapse]
[collapse="Kirby"]The franchise felt "complete" in Brawl. That hasn't changed. Bandanna Dee has his supporters, but he feels like a late DLC addition at best right now.[/collapse]
[collapse="Star Fox"]Krystal was shown as a trophy, and thus practically deconfirmed. That leaves Wolf and no newcomer choices.[/collapse]
[collapse="Pokémon"]Zoroark, Victini, and Genesect (aka the top 3 requested potential Pokémon newcomers for Smash 4) were Pokéball'd.

The only real newcomer option left were Plusle & Minun, and with The Ice Climbers dealio, it's not happening.

As for Sceptile, that never had a shot at happening.[/collapse]
[collapse="F-Zero"]Samurai Goroh is deconfirmed. Falcondorf is confirmed. The dream is dead.[/collapse]
[collapse="MOTHER"]With Ness confirmed it is now Lucas and no newcomers as a focus.[/collapse]
[collapse="Kid Icarus"]Medusa is a trophy. This series is done with characters.[/collapse]
[collapse="Nintendo franchises already with playable characters"]Pikmin likely isn't getting a newcomer with Alph confirmed as a Olimar alt via the word leaks of the primary leaker. So that's it.

Animal Crossing had Tom Nook deconfirmed. That's over.

Xenoblades and Wii Fit obviously will not getting any more playable characters.[/collapse]
[collapse="Retro Nintendo franchises"]-Mach Rider is in a few leaks, and Sakurai mentioned he was considered to be playable in Melee as a "retro character" (where the Ice Climbers were confirmed). It makes sense as a choice. He's been thrown around as a potential "out of the box" choice since Melee came out, similar to the Villager, only without as much fanfare.
-Similar sentiments are true for the Excite Biker, but to a lesser degree. This seems like a lite version of the Mach Rider, thus I don't really see it as an option. I think we can scratch the Excite Biker off the list for that reason.
-Similar things are true for Sukapon, but making Sukapon into a functional character would be a difficult task, as Sakurai noted idea would require insanely specific ideas to make it work on the Melee Dojo. However, it is still possible.
-The only other significant retro characters left I can think of are Muddy Mole, Sheriff, Starman (fFamicom/NES Pro Wrestling), Bubbles (Clu-Clu Land), and the Urban Champion. That is real digging, and that's why I cannot see it happening.[/collapse]
[collapse="Modern Nintendo franchises"]-Obviously The Chorus Men/Kids were in the Gematsu/Sal leaks. That's almost definitely still happening.
-Isaac is the most popular choice of potential newcomers not in the Sal leaks. Well, sans Ridley, Dixie, and K. Rool. It would definitely be a great choice. However, Isaac's time has probably passed, although the fact he hasn't been deconfirmed as an AT like he was in Brawl is puzzling. If he's not in Smash 3DS in any capacity, that would likely mean good things for Isaac fans.
-Andy from Advance Wars make a lot of sense. However, that sounds like a very far fetched idea.
-Ray has a cult following and some good ideas behind them, but that's probably not happening.
-Ditto what I said about Ray for Chibi Robo.[/collapse]
[collapse="3rd Party characters"]I'm going to ignore this, but basically it's Rayman only, and that's probably as DLC. Bayonetta could happen though.[/collapse]
[collapse="Donkey Kong"]-Cranky has essentially deconfirmed when he was shown as a trophy. That leaves just 2 legitimate candidates left with Diddy and DK confirmed:
-Dixie: There are obviously rumors of Dixie, and she has been discussed and wanted for a while. She was originally designed for Brawl to team with Diddy, which didn't happen, but there's still reasons to suggest the Smash developers like the idea.
-K. Rool: Well duh. It makes too much sense, especially with the high amount of requests and the obvious potential there.[/collapse]

====

So, based on my conclusions, sans the unconfirmed veterans, these are the potential newcomers barring something crazy happening...
[collapse=" Potential newcomers in Alphabetical order"]1. Andy from Advance Wars.
2. Bandanna Dee from Kirby's Dreamland.
3. Chibi-Robo from Chibi-Robo.
4. Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong Country.
5. Impa from the The Legend of Zelda (likely as a Sheik clone or semi-clone).
6. Isaac from Golden Sun.
7. King K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country.
8. Mach Rider from Mach Rider.
9. Ray from Custom Robo.
10. Ridley from Metroid.
11. Sukapon from Joy Mech Fighter.
12. Toon/Young Zelda from The Legend of Zelda.[/collapse]
That's 12 potential newcomers barring something from crazy left field. A dozen.

Face it, there's not a whole lot of newcomer candidates left right about now, unless Sakurai and co. have more Wii Fit Trainer-esk (not Greninja/Robin/Duck Hunt Dog-esk) newcomers.

That's good news for us K. Rool fans. If Ridley gets confirmed or heck, even Dixie, that's one less "super popular" character left for K. Rool to have to compare to. Ridley is the only one near equal with K. Rool in that regard, and Ridley seems like a lock. I don't see why K. Rool would be far behind.

Ridley, K. Rool, and Dixie are so much more highly requested than any character not playable in Brawl it utterly hurts my brain.

The next closest were Isaac and Bandanna Dee. Isaac's front is quiet, and Bandanna Dee is almost definitely not in.

On top of that, Impa and Toon/Young Zelda are easy clone ideas. Andy, Chibi-Robo, Ray, and Sukapon almost definitely aren't happening, and Bandanna Dee doesn't have a much better shot than that.

That's 5 characters with minimal chances, and 2 clones that were never really "competition". That leaves 5 newcomer candidates, in a somewhat clear order of likelihood.
5. Isaac
4. Mach Rider
3. Dixie or K. Rool (roughly a tie; it isn't necessarily one or another, so people, please relax on that)
1. Ridley (the over a year worth of teasing got him super over)

This bodes well for K. Rool, especially with the icon moving theories (which were true in Melee and Brawl, so why wouldn't they be true now=???).

Regardless, whether K. Rool first arrives in vanilla Smash 3DS, a DLC between the release of Smash 3DS and Smash WiiU, vanilla Smash WiiU, or post-Smash WiiU's release DLC is insignificant. He'd be great for any and all of that.

I just don't see him ever getting flat deconfirmed, unless Sakurai and co. truly hate gameplay and money.
I just want to say that Sami would not only be a better more versatile candidate than Andy for advance wars, she also has higher chances, and I would say Mona from Wario Ware or Captian Syrup from WarioLand(especially since Wario isn't really repping that series) are possible too

but ya K.Rool doesn't have too much competition left, I still got hope

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I just want to say that Sami would not only be a better more versatile candidate than Andy for advance wars, she also has higher chances, and I would say Mona from Wario Ware or Captian Syrup from WarioLand(especially since Wario isn't really repping that series) are possible too

I disagree completely on what you said about Sami having higher chances. Even if she did, 0.00000000000000000001% percent chance isn't that significant enough of a difference from 0.00000000000000000000001% chance. But hey, K. Rool, K. Rool, we all love K. Rool.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Right, he hasn't got competition... Unless Sakurai starts to add more clones like Dark Pit :troll:

Chase

Smash Ace

*supporting Andy, Sami, and Max in a tank over here*

I've had a burst of optimism regarding the king lately, and am expecting him. The trailer at PAX was a hype three trailer in my opinion, to be shown off on release night.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I absolutely need K Rool.

I already have Wario, Dedede, Pacman, and Dr Mario. If I have K Rool thats 1 main and 4 secondaries. Ill be set
Swap Dr. Mario with DK and your list is identical to mine. K. Rool is love, K. Rool is life.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
We're all pointing out Nintendo seemingly avoiding Donkey Kong related stuff (besides the main ape himself) on purpose, and constantly reference the buyout of Rare, yet I've rarely (unintentional pun I swear) seen blame towards the root cause of this whole mess.

Microsoft. It's because of them that K. Rool has ultimately had so much trouble coming back. I guarantee that if the stupid buyout never happened, our king would be in the veteran section by now, or at the very least not a character that suffers with the so-called "relevancy" issue.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
We're all pointing out Nintendo seemingly avoiding Donkey Kong related stuff (besides the main ape himself) on purpose, and constantly reference the buyout of Rare, yet I've rarely (unintentional pun I swear) seen blame towards the root cause of this whole mess.

Microsoft. It's because of them that K. Rool has ultimately had so much trouble coming back. I guarantee that if the stupid buyout never happened, our king would be in the veteran section by now, or at the very least not a character that suffers with the so-called "relevancy" issue.
We could blame Microsoft, of course everything stems back to the buyout, we'd probably have Banjo-Kazooie in Smash by now if it never happened... But since Nintendo still owns K. Rool and the Kremlings, they're actually more to blame. They're deliberately choosing not to use the Kremlings in main entry DK games, that's all on them.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I totally agree, Rare's buyout should have never happened. We would have had Banjo Threeie by now, Donkey Kong Racing with our glorious pilot King, Conker's Bad Fur Day 2... And of course, Nintendo would have never ignored Rare's legacy like they've been doing since the buyout.

But hey, Kremlings in Smash. That's a pretty good start. Now if only they bought back Conker, Banjo, Perfect Dark... my life would really be complete.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm getting sick and tired of all these rpg sword fighting fanboys trashing on the big 3 saying that they won't be in the game or trolling with them being AT's and stage bosses. Now I really hope they get in, or at least 2 out of those three so I can rub it in their faces! sorry, just read some replies to my comment on facebook regarding today's POTD. But at least 19 others agreed with me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm getting sick and tired of all these rpg sword fighting fanboys trashing on the big 3 saying that they won't be in the game or trolling with them being AT's and stage bosses. Now I really hope they get in, or at least 2 out of those three so I can rub it in their faces! sorry, just read some replies to my comment on facebook regarding today's POTD. But at least 19 others agreed with me.
I agree, Mewtwo and our King were higher on the want list than Shulk, and Shulk was the Japanese Ridley!

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
There seems to be an over-saturation of sword fighters this time around, and their attitude's of the big 3 is actually starting to piss me off as well.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Yeah, I don't hate all the sword characters, but at the same time I'm getting sick of all the blade-wielding goody two-shoes. Where's our villainous crocs and space dragons dang it?!

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
There seems to be an over-saturation of sword fighters this time around, and their attitude's of the big 3 is actually starting to piss me off as well.
Oh, boy, here we go again with the sword thing.

We have 8 sword fighters out of 48 confirmed characters. So, one out of 6 characters uses a sword. That's not over-saturation. It's not even close to saturation.

But yeah, we need space dragons, crocodile pirates, psychic clones and all that stuff.

BTW Pit and Dark Pit don't use swords, just in case someone wants to point that out.

EDIT: I forgot about the Mii. That's 9 then. Still not saturation.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't hate all the sword characters, but at the same time I'm getting sick of all the blade-wielding goody two-shoes. Where's our villainous crocs and space dragons dang it?!
The only sword fighters I like are Link and Roy(although he has'nt been in another ssb game since melee). If(when) the big three get revealed as playable characters, the first thing I'm going to do is play as K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo and kick the **** out of all the other swordsmen we've had announced(as well as all the other unwanted characters who no one cared for until after they were revealed)

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't really mind the sword-fighters, but quite a few of the newcomers have been human or humanoid characters. I think Greninja and Pac-Man may be the only ones not in that "box", maybe Mega Man too. Not that it's an issue, but I'd definitely welcome a purple dragon and a royal crocodile in the lot.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
K. Rool is the only potential heavyweight newcomer and we all know there needs to be one. K. Rool konfirmed.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I really don't get why we haven't seen any heavyweight newcomers. In 64 we got Donkey Kong. In Melee we got Ganondorf and Bowser. In Brawl we got Ike and Dedede. That's at least two heavy characters per game. None of our current newcomers are heavy characters. K. Rool and Ridley would be perfect for that.

I really don't get why we haven't seen any heavyweight newcomers. In 64 we got Donkey Kong. In Melee we got Ganondorf and Bowser. In Brawl we got Ike and Dedede. That's at least two heavy characters per game. None of our current newcomers are heavy characters. K. Rool and Ridley would be perfect for that.
Don't forget Snake, he was heavy too. I completely agree, we need some heavyweights newcomers for this roster.

Top Bottom