• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Or current DK's son or something. Diddy Kong was originally supposed to be a redesigned DK Jr., anyway.

I kinda like the theory more that DK was rampaging in Big Ape City, and someone in the city, perhaps an investor or something, locked DK up and shipped him off to a jungle island where the big ape could live in peace without causing a ruckus in the city. I like the idea that it was K. Rool who took over the city and had DK sent away, then some time later they stole the bananas from the island hoping the Kongs would starve to death. When that failed, he returned to Big Ape City and DK followed him and overthrew his reign of terror.

Of course, that's just me, go-to story guy. I love a good story, and coming up with ways on how games, even non-story based games, all tie in together. I far prefer the notion that DK is a reformed villain than the son/grandson of a retired villain, though...
Wait- you bemoan the little to no evidence (read, none) that Nintendo ignores the old storyline off Cranky Beind DK, yet go on these two theories? That DK jr is a canon misdemeanor DK or, even worse, graphically different Diddy?

I say no evidence because the only argument you truly keep bringing up is that they do not particularly acknowledge what Rare did involved in the story, all the rest is incredibly arbitrary (aging and rivalry, which could as easily be explained away as mentioned in the first place).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wait- you bemoan the little to no evidence (read, none) that Nintendo ignores the old storyline off Cranky Beind DK, yet go on these two theories? That DK jr is a canon misdemeanor DK or, even worse, graphically different Diddy?

I say no evidence because the only argument you truly keep bringing up is that they do not particularly acknowledge what Rare did involved in the story, all the rest is incredibly arbitrary (aging and rivalry, which could as easily be explained away as mentioned in the first place).
I was joking. I don't honestly believe those theories are legit whatsoever. Its just a "I think it'd be cool if this is how it worked."

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
we're two months out from release, things are bound to amp up, and while Sakurai said he's running out of newcomer videos, he does imply multiple, so like I said I easily see 3-5 more, and that would be one for Comic Con, one for next month, and one for the release direct in September, and possibly a hidden special locked character for the wii-u version which I think is still likely to happen
Sakurai has stated that the roster for both versions will be the same.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What's with all this Kong talk? We must be prepared for our king!

Well, Smash is my last hope again to get my all-time favorite game characters playable in a game I want. I've lost almost all my hope for Saria in Hyrule Warriors now, although if she's still in I'll be ecstatic. But still, things aren't looking good for my green-haired girl... at least I'm prepared for my green krocodile king to get announced! :D

Sakurai has stated that the roster for both versions will be the same.
Its possible in theory if the 3DS gets such characters as DLC when the Wii U game releases.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
If Nintendo was getting rid of what is considered canon to most DK fans, then they wouldn't have made that reference in Brawl in the first place. I suspect Nintendo keeps it low key for shock value reasons for new fans of the series, or they just don't care.

There was never a theory. It has always been alluded to or, in case of the original DKC series, outright confirmed. It wasn't until 64 screwed things up, though to be fair, my grandfather used to call me 'Son' at times.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Hmmmm, the early hints at Wario I think hint at the large possibility for a Villians' trailer this weekend! or Mona, could be Mona, either way I think we're in for a reveal, mayhaps K.Rool

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
So what do we think K. Rool's stage will be?

I think we'll get Gangplank Galleon OR Flying Krock

Also, I think we'll get Dedede and DK64 versions of the Boxing Arena

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So what do we think K. Rool's stage will be?

I think we'll get Gangplank Galleon OR Flying Krock

Also, I think we'll get Dedede and DK64 versions of the Boxing Arena
Originally I'd have said Gangplank Galleon hands down... but now I REALLY want the Flying Krock. I think it'd be a very cool level if you're fighting on top of it. Plus, we've never had a DKC2 stage before.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Originally I'd have said Gangplank Galleon hands down... but now I REALLY want the Flying Krock. I think it'd be a very cool level if you're fighting on top of it. Plus, we've never had a DKC2 stage before.
I've never thought about it like that, but as far as DKC2, I'd *really* love to see that first world level with all of the rain and the wind. That's probably my favorite level (and music) in the game.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Its possible in theory if the 3DS gets such characters as DLC when the Wii U game releases.
Not everyone uses internet, though, so the people who bought Smash 3DS would end up with less characters than the ones who bought Smash Wii U. Not that I care about this potential issue, since I practically live in the internet. Oh, if this theory comes true somehow, the DLC characters better be free for Smash 3DS.
Me too! I love DKC2, probably my favorite platformer game and having a stage based on the Flying Krock would be SO good.

Not to mention the music would be Crocodile Cacophony and I love this track.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not everyone uses internet, though, so the people who bought Smash 3DS would end up with less characters than the ones who bought Smash Wii U. Not that I care about this potential issue, since I practically live in the internet. Oh, if this theory comes true somehow, the DLC characters better be free for Smash 3DS.

Me too! I love DKC2, probably my favorite platformer game and having a stage based on the Flying Krock would be SO good.

Not to mention the music would be Crocodile Cacophony and I love this track.
If K. Rool is playable, I think we'll get Crocodile Cacophany regardless of what stage is picked. Still, Flying Krock would only make it dead-set certain we get Crocodile Cacophany.

Reila

If K. Rool is playable, I think we'll get Crocodile Cacophany regardless of what stage is picked. Still, Flying Krock would only make it dead-set certain we get Crocodile Cacophany.
Maybe in the Wii U version, but the two-track-per-stage thingy in the 3DS version concerns me :p Speaking of which, it would be cool to have Gankplank Galleon in one version and the Flying Krock in the other. That would leave out only Kastle KAOS from Donkey Kong Country 3, which isn't a memorable stage, at least compared to the other two.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I just realized why the 'large Kremling' can't possibly be Klubba. You wouldn't be able to fight him, since he'd just swat you away.
Lol. Well, Kritters normally just walked in a straight line, didn't bother trying to attack, and died in one hit, so that's not the best example....

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If Crocodile Cacophony wasn't in the game and K.Rool gets in I'll be slightly disappointed...... Only slightly. Seriously though Crocodile Cacophony is the best K.Rool theme

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Your reaction if:

"Pic of the day. Along with our new character King K Rool (previously announced) heres a new DK stage, the Gangplank Galleon! (stage info)"

2nd pic: Also, Tiki Tong will occasionally attack the stage! Please understand."

Reila

The large kremling will be that Kerozene abomination from one of the GBA DKC prots.
Your reaction if:

"Pic of the day. Along with our new character King K Rool (previously announced) heres a new DK stage, the Gangplank Galleon! (stage info)"

2nd pic: Also, Tiki Tong will occasionally attack the stage! Please understand."
I like Tiki Tong, so I would be happy to have him as a hazard in the game. H8ters gonna h8.

Last edited:

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
Your reaction if:

It'd be awesome, but I always envisioned the Gangplank Galleon being periodically visited by the Snowmad's fleet, with Lord Fredrik serving as the stage boss.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
So what if Tiki Tong is a stage hazard on gangplank galleon? The real main villain would be back, King K. Rool! and it's still his ship.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Okay, I don't want to start a flame war about Tong, but it would just feel out of place for him to be in Gangplank Galleon. Maybe Fredrik would be a better choice, and kinda funny, no?

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
The truth about dk and dk Jr is that a long time ago. Mario had a pet monkey named danky kang. Mario loved his monkey very much, he took him everywhere and treated him like he was his son. But then one say mario get a girlfriend named pauline. Danky Kang was jealous that mario was no longer spending time with him, so in a fit of rage. Danky Kang stole pauline, but mario beat danky kang and rescued pauline. Now in his fit of rage danky kang had adopted a monkey named donkey dandelions kong so when donkey dandelions kong heard that danky kang was beaten he went to save him, he saved danky kang and they both ran away. Sometime later danky kang caused some trouble with a man named Stanley the bugman, Stanley chased the kongs all the way into the sewers, danky and donkey escaped Stanley by going into a pipe, this pipe lead them to a island filled with bananas. Danky realized he and donkey could start a new life here, so danky changed his named to cranky and raised donkey Kong as his own.

Jk

Cranky kong is the original donkey Kong and the reason why mario hasn't changed is because of nintendo magic

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Still trying to reach out to YouTubers, although it's definitely more effective if multiple people try to get the attention of the same people, rather than just me asking with the official account.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey guys, Wario has been leaked.
...BY NINTENDO.
Go on the eShop, there's a Wario section.
In the Wario section, it lists what games he appears in.
SUPER SMASH BROS. 4 IS ONE OF THEM.
Oh, Nintendo. You so silly.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Hey guys, Wario has been leaked.
...BY NINTENDO.
Go on the eShop, there's a Wario section.
In the Wario section, it lists what games he appears in.
SUPER SMASH BROS. 4 IS ONE OF THEM.
Oh, Nintendo. You so silly.
That's since been removed, but yeah it was a thing.
Though really was Wario's inclusion really a surprise? And how does this have anything to do with the Rool?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Though really was Wario's inclusion really a surprise? And how does this have anything to do with the Rool?
I just wanted to point out that Nintendo can accidentally leak a character when not meaning to.
Which means they could accidentally leak King K. Rool and other characters. :bee:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I'd say the same thing but you never know. Captain Falcon never had anything to do with Fire Emblem.

I wonder if there will be a newcomer reveal at comic-con. If there is one, could K Rool be announced? Comic-con is known to have a LARGE audience.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I just wanted to point out that Nintendo can accidentally leak a character when not meaning to.
Which means they could accidentally leak King K. Rool and other characters. :bee:
Don't get your hopes up about that happening. Seriously, this was a freak occurrence and I doubt it'd happen in the case of a major newcomer.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Well you could have a "PHAT" man fight between the two. :troll:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
We had Lucario leaked last game before it was revealed- remember his face icon (along with Trainer, Pikachu, and Jiggly) for smash run, which also denounced Mewtwo or any other Pokemon character?

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Okay guys, I really want to be a K Rool supporter, but I'm having a hard time getting behind the idea because I don't see a lot going for him in terms of likeliness. So other than the Smash Run enemies what's the big fella got going for him?

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I think the big one is the lack of any new DK content, especially a stage.

Clarity edit: Which could indicate that the new DK stage would be K. Rool's home stage, etc etc

Last edited:
Top Bottom